How to move DB files to another drive

Hi,

I'm running Exch. 2003 on windows 2003 server and just added a second hard
drive and would like to move my log files to that drive.  Can someone tell
me how to do that.

I remember in Exch. 5.5 there was a wizard to do that but I can't find it in
Exch. 2003.  Thanks for your help.

Clayton

0
none89 (807)

Right Click the storage group and go to properties. You will find it.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:16:46 -0600, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm running Exch. 2003 on windows 2003 server and just added a second hard
>drive and would like to move my log files to that drive.  Can someone tell
>me how to do that.
>
>I remember in Exch. 5.5 there was a wizard to do that but I can't find it in
>Exch. 2003.  Thanks for your help.
>

>Clayton

0
adavid (8731)
1/30/2005 11:46:57 PM
Thanks Andy, I just found the anwser:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821915

Clayton

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:ndsqv099vrnkkfeamb380aedr2a35ajeca@4ax.com...
> Right Click the storage group and go to properties. You will find it.
>

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:16:46 -0600, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm running Exch. 2003 on windows 2003 server and just added a second hard
>>drive and would like to move my log files to that drive.  Can someone tell
>>me how to do that.
>>
>>I remember in Exch. 5.5 there was a wizard to do that but I can't find it
>>in
>>Exch. 2003.  Thanks for your help.
>>

>>Clayton

0
none89 (807)

Move Mailbox Fails
All: Having a sporadic issue with my Exchange 2003 server. I am in the final phases of a 5.5 migration and on occasssionally, the move mailbox command fails with 3 errors. If I try it again it will work. Very odd. I get these errors when it fails: 9175 The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000 9167 Unable to get an administrative interface to the mailbox store on server 'EX1'. ...

Moving data from one excel file to another
I would like to move data from excel file to another. I would like for the existing data with column names to automatically fill into the second file with the same column names but in different column locations. I know I can cut and paste...but can I just match fields like when I work with databases?? Is this possible? Thanks, H Yes, easier to follow along once and see how it's done: Open both workbooks involved. Lets say that you want the contents from Book1 on Sheet1 in cell A1 on a sheet in Book2 at H1. In Book2 go to the sheet and cell H1 and type in an = symbol Select Book1 ...

Can I use Publisher 2003 Files in FrontPage?
I built a simple resume web site off-line in Microsoft Publisher 2003. It looks like many hosting sites are more ready to accept web sites created with FrontPage. Can I buy FrontPage and then open my Publisher 2003 created web file in it? If not, do I really have to start all over in FrontPage? Or are there some web hosting services where a simple page created in Publisher 2003 can be put on the net? I'm not a computer professional but want to have an on-web resume for my consulting business. Thanks for your suggestions. For your purposes, the Publisher files need not be changed. Web si...

XLS files
How do I open XLS messages in windows vista?? Those are Excel files. If you don't have Excel, get the viewer. To view .xls attachments, you need Excel, or you can download this Excel viewer. Excel Viewer http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1CD6ACF9-CE06-4E1C-8DCF-F33F669DBC3A&displaylang=en "Mohawk" <Mohawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17F62579-BB25-4296-BD63-444451646FCB@microsoft.com... > How do I open XLS messages in windows vista?? I think you mean, how do you open an XLS attachment received via email...

Creating pst files on server
I am running Exchange server 2003, and need to find the commands to create a pst file of people who have left, from the server if possible. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks You need to download ExMerge from the MS site http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=429163EC-DCDF-47DC-96DA-1C12D67327D5&displaylang=en "Steve at TAG" <SteveatTAG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DE7624E-7118-45C3-AAD0-0F234DA79CB2@microsoft.com... >I am running Exchange server 2003, and need to find the commands to create >a > pst...

Burn Backup File to CD
What is the trick to backing up a Money 2000 file to CD with Windows 2000? I tried to burn my .mny file to CD, then test it by copying it back to disk and opening it. I get the error message: --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- 'J:\CurrentMoneyFile' is corrupted or is not a Money data file. Make sure you are opening a file with an MNY extension. If you have chosen the correct file and it could not be accessed, you will need to open your most recent backup file to access your data. --------------------------- I did remove the Read-Only property fr...

Want to create a separate PDF file for each of multiple charts
I create charts from excel data and want to save each chart in a separate PDF file or to separate files using "print to file". Presently they all print to a printer. Sorry I had a syntax error in my directory string. F.Y.I. this works: Sheets("Graph_Temp").Select myStr = "O:\Groups\2BTRASH\Goven\GroundWater\" & myWellID & ".PRN" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut PrintToFile:="True", PrToFileName:=myStr -- Jer "Jer" wrote: > I create charts from excel data and want to save each chart in a separate ...

Move Exchange 5.5 from NT to a new domain
Hi I have to move an Exchange 5.5 server from an NT4 member server in an NT4 domain, to a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows 2003 domain. Upgrading to Exchange 2003 will only happen next year. The servers will have different names as will the domains, obviously. It is a small site with a single Exchange site/server. I would also prefer to change the service account name and password, although I can keep it the same in both sites for now. The amount of duplicate messages is large and therefore I would prefer not to use Exmerge. We have a staging server that I can use (or even two if it mu...

Can't delete items or move items in Outlook 2002
When I try to delete an item in Outlook 2002, I get an error message that says: "The messaging interface has returned an unkown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I also get that message if I try to move an opened email to a different folder using the Move To Folder command under the File menu. And if I close the email and simply try to click and drag it to a different folder, I get: "Can't move item" Can anyone please tell me how to fix these problems? I'm running Windows XP Pro. Could it be that my .pst file is too large? My outloo...

must use "Save As" after opening Word Perfect files
We have one user who, when he opens a WP doc, the document does not open with the document name (i.e. Sales.wpd), it opens as Document 1 (or 2, or 3, etc.). He can't just hit "Save" to save the document, the dialogue box comes up as "Save As". What could be causing this? It's only an issue with one user. No one else had this problem. Is the user opening the file from within Word or from an Explorer window (such as My Computer)? If the latter, then it would appear that the default action for .wpd files has been set to New rather than Open (althoug...

How to insert the date the file was last altered on PP slide
In slide master ... I know how to get the current date that the file is being printed to appear on the slides, but how do I get the date that the file was last altered (or saved) to appear on the slides? The current date I am printing the document is really irrelevant if you have the last saved/altered date. I am not a programmer, just a frequent user of PowerPoint. What version of PPT? The wrong information is readily available in the meta data for the file. The last update date is usually when it was last opened. The best way to get this would be to set up a save event ca...

Moving Exchange DB to a different domain #2
Lat's say I have olddomain.com and newdomain.com, in two distinct forests; each of them has its own Exchange 2003 organization, with a single server running. I want to move all of the Exchange databases from the old domain to the new. I know I can use ExMerge for mailboxes, but what about public folders? Can I solve this by establishing a trust between the domains and doing something on the Exchange servers? What is the right way (if there is any) to do this? Thanks Massimo ...

Excel files opening problem
Halo sir, I am having excel 2003 in which I am trying to open the excel files directly as a administrator .When I am logged as a user excel files are not opening directly instead I have to select the path where the file is. can you suggest me some idea so that I can resolve the problem. Regards Syes ...

I have Excel 2003 and want to open an old WB2 file How do i do it

Fill function with file reference
I want to fill across a row using the pattern: ='Q:\DATA\[TestBook1.xlsx]Sheet2'!$A1 ='Q:\DATA\[TestBook1.xlsx]Sheet2'!$B1 ='Q:\DATA\[TestBook1.xlsx]Sheet2'!$C1 etc. I don't have access to this Q drive, but I need to update the workbook. The problem is that a popup appears every time I try to drag the autofill handle, and it won't let me continue dragging. What can I do to autofill across multiple cells? How can I get rid of the popup? I'm using Excel 2007. ...

Excel crash when opening file
Hello! My problem is that Excel crashes when i open one of my files. I have experienced this only ones before in all of theese years I hav been using Excel. Some input: - Currently I'm using Excel 2000. The file that causes Excel to crash: - It is a workbook for consolidating subsidiaries to an operationa financial statement. - It has 16 sheets, - References between the sheets, - The sheet where one can see the consolidated statement compared t budget or forecast contains formulas with "If" and "Index" function Used with a "Forms, combination box" - It ha...

sphygmic file
I have created a spreadsheet file using Sphygmic software. My accountan has asked that I send this file in excel format so my tax return can b filed electronically. Is there a way to translate the Sphygmic fil into an excel file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Unless Sphygmic can export to a file format that Excel can understand (xls, txt, csv, etc), then Excel cannot read the file. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "aj3222 >" <<aj3222.1ad9ae@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message...

The "Move" tool causes categories to disapper
Every time I use the Edit>Move tool to move a category from the Expense section to the Income section, the category disappears. How do I get aroud this apparent bug in Money 2003 Deluxe. Thanks ...

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

Opening Excel Files #10
Once upon a time, like everybody else, when I clicked on an Excel fil (say) on the Desktop, it would open for me. Now, I have to open th Excel program first, then click file-open. Any ideas -- wayne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- waynet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2796 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47464 Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, and *Uncheck* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD -------------------------------...

Adding to another puter
I downloaded Office to my laptop- now I find i would like to use it on my desktop also but I have no CD or DVD how can I get it onto my desktop? Oh I run Tiger on both computers. Any help gratefully accepted Prin What did you download? I'm pretty sure you can only purchase Office retail. Did you download the trial version? Most downloads on a Mac produce a NameofDownload.dmg file, which is the compressed disk image. You should just be able to copy that over to the other computer. If your real question is "how do I network my laptop and desktop", you'll need to ask som...

Missing File Day 3 No resolution ?
No. Is this file something that can be sent to me? -----Original Message----- From: "Diane Poremsky" <info@cdolive.com> Sent: 4/12/2004 8:15:04 PM Subject: Re: Missing file still.... did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Can message be directed to file folder and recipient at the same t
Trying to send message to person x and at the same time have it filed in another folder other than the "Sent" folder. Is it possible to do this? Yes it is! Click on the Options button in that email and under Delivery Options there should be a checkmark to "Save Sent Message to" and you'll see that the default displayed is Sent Items. Click the Browse button and select your folder from the list. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Jimp...&quo...

OL2000 files on server
We presently keep our .pst files in a mirrored volume on a Novell Netware 4.11 server. This system works fine but it was recommended that I follow http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305519 Can I reconfigure my OL2000 to use the .ost file, there appears to be nothing in the help about it. TIA Steve L. What type of mailbox do you have? The reason that I ask is that offline storage tables (ost) is only supported when your mailbox is provided by a microsoft exchange server and said mail is kept on the server. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out...

Can't transfer money data file between computers
I've tried, but failed, to transfer my money data file from my old computer to my new computer (old is ME, new is XP). No matter what I do I keep getting an error message "Money cannot locate [my file location and file name] or cannot open it." I've tried to make a backup copy from my old computer, and open this with the "restore backup" feature, but got the above message. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Mark047 wrote: >I've tried, but failed, to transfer my money data file from my old computer >to my new...