how to monitor & disallow outgoing mail ?

Hi,
A customer came up with a new request for mail monitoring.
He would like to supervise the outgoing mail sent by a specific
employee. Dependent on the destination, the mail would be allowed
through or not.
The mail sent by this employee should ideally gather in a folder and the
supervisor would then, message by message, allow or disallow.
At the site, Exchange 5.5 & Mail Essentials are installed (windows NT4)

Legal & practical issues aside, I don't see how this can be implemented.
Any suggestions?
glenn
0
reply6433 (3)

Glenn <reply@inhe.re> wrote:

>Hi,
>A customer came up with a new request for mail monitoring.
>He would like to supervise the outgoing mail sent by a specific
>employee. Dependent on the destination, the mail would be allowed
>through or not.
>The mail sent by this employee should ideally gather in a folder and the
>supervisor would then, message by message, allow or disallow.
>At the site, Exchange 5.5 & Mail Essentials are installed (windows NT4)
>
>Legal & practical issues aside, I don't see how this can be implemented.
>Any suggestions?

If the only criteria are the set of domains and the users, then you
can do it if you use something "smart" enough. Ciphertrust's Ironmail
can manage this (not cheap).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Glenn <reply@inhe.re> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >A customer came up with a new request for mail monitoring.
> >He would like to supervise the outgoing mail sent by a specific
> >employee. Dependent on the destination, the mail would be allowed
> >through or not.
> >The mail sent by this employee should ideally gather in a folder and the
> >supervisor would then, message by message, allow or disallow.
> >At the site, Exchange 5.5 & Mail Essentials are installed (windows NT4)
> >
> >Legal & practical issues aside, I don't see how this can be implemented.
> >Any suggestions?
>
> If the only criteria are the set of domains and the users, then you
> can do it if you use something "smart" enough. Ciphertrust's Ironmail
> can manage this (not cheap).

Thank you.

I'll check that out, although cost is (as always) an issue.

glenn
0
reply6433 (3)
9/20/2004 8:27:42 AM
Glenn,

You can also try Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com), which is
an anti-spam solution but does a good job in keeping a history of emails
that goes in an out. You can search messages for a particular employee.

Thanx

Glenn wrote:
> Hi,
> A customer came up with a new request for mail monitoring.
> He would like to supervise the outgoing mail sent by a specific
> employee. Dependent on the destination, the mail would be allowed
> through or not.
> The mail sent by this employee should ideally gather in a folder and the
> supervisor would then, message by message, allow or disallow.
> At the site, Exchange 5.5 & Mail Essentials are installed (windows NT4)
>
> Legal & practical issues aside, I don't see how this can be implemented.
> Any suggestions?
> glenn

0
tsmith1 (6)
9/20/2004 11:02:11 AM
Glenn <reply@inhe.re> wrote:

>I'll check that out, although cost is (as always) an issue.

Well, you *did* say "practical issues aside". :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Inbound Mail sporadically stuck in queue, only reboot fixes
We're having a very strange issue with out inbound mail. Background: Windows SBS2003, SP1 Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5 installed, latest updates. What's happening: At random intervals (sometimes a couple weeks, sometimes a day), we'll find that we are not recieving any inbound mail from outside the network. Sending outside the network works, as does email to others inside our network. The only fix I can find right now is to reboot the server. Any inbound mail sent after the reboot comes in immediately. Any email that was sent during the problem comes into user's...

Problems sending mail to Yahoo
All of a sudden, late last week, none of our users can send email to Yahoo. There are a bunch of messages queued with the error "421 4.4.2 Connection dropped." Delivery to all other domains is fine. I have checked and we are not on any blacklists. We are running Exchange 2007. I have contacted Yahoo about this, and they did get back to me, but via email, and the conversation has been going in slow motion for a few days now with no resolution. Has anybody else seen these 421 4.4.2 errors when delivering to yahoo? How did you get around it? Thanks! Could b...

Creating an 'internal mail only' template
Hi Guys, I am attempting to create an internal email template within outlook 2002 for my department at work. The hope is that I can create an email template, which will not send if there is a non-company email address in the 'to:' field. For example if the company email ended: ‘@go4ever.com’ - I would like this template to only accept email addresses ending in '@go4ever.com' within the 'to:' field. Does anybody have any ideas how to do this? Can this be done by inputting validation code for the 'to:' field? If not does anybody have any in...

Secure mail wizard please help me!!
Hi I use windwos 2003 SBS server with two network cards: Lan side Ip:192.16.x.x Wan side: Ip:172.16.x.x I trying to publish a mail server using "Secure mail wizard" of ISA server. I completed with no errors this procedure, but i don't view anything!! Can help me to resolve this problem? Or find another way to publish my mail server? TA Simona On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:07:46 +0100, "Simona" <123star@libero.it> wrote: >Hi >I use windwos 2003 SBS server with two network cards: >Lan side Ip:192.16.x.x >Wan side: Ip:172.16.x.x >I trying to publish a mai...

E-mail is delivered, then disappears, then reappears 2 minutes later
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Very odd issue. I am using Entourage Web Services Edition 13.0.3 (091002) and connecting to an Exchanges server 2007 at work. I have several folder created and rules written to deliver the mail into specific folders. <br><br>When mail arrives I get the notification, then I see the new e-mail, open the new e-mail, mid way through reading the new e-mail it will disappear. I try to refresh, nothing happens. I send and receive, nothing happens. About 2 minutes later the e-mail rea...

using word for e-mail
I have 4 computers in my house. 3 with windows 7 and one with XP. I had no idea when buying microsoft office word 2007 that i would have limited use with word and E-mail. How do i upgade the computers that this won't work with? Word is not an e-mail application. What is it that you are trying to achieve? You can attach Word documents to e-mail (though as you have Word 2007, it would make sense to attach them as PDF files and thus ensure that the user sees what you intend). messages, in just about any e-mail application I can think of. If you want a Word-like e-mail editor,...

Scriptet user cant send or recive mails
Hi, im having a huge problem. Iv just add 2100 new users in our Exchange by script, and most of those users cant send or recive mails, and i wounder why. If you take an excisting AD user who have no problem and compare this with one of the new users, there are no different, iv looked trough every bits and bots i can find. If i move the mail box from one database/server to another the user account are now fixed and the user can send and recive mail?!? Anyone who can explain what going on here?!? tsbo@kolding.dk wrote: >Hi, im having a huge problem. Iv just add 2100 new users in our >...

SMTP Mail Problem
I am attempting to send an SMTP mail from my VB.NET program using the code below. The code compiles and runs fine executes with no errors, but I am sending to one of my alternate addresses and the e- mail is not arriving. I was thinking that if there was something fundamentally wrong with my host servername or credentials, that the SMTPClient class would throw an SMTPException, but it does not. According to Microsoft Outlook, my outgoing server does not require authentication, and sending e-mails from there works fine for me. Can anyone tell me what I am doing...

Hide e-mail Addressee in Outlook 2007
Is there a way to send e-mails such that the address field to not show addresses of all the recipients? One aquaintence I have always displays "Undisclosed recipient" in his "To" line and another shows his own nameon the 'To' line, TIA, John ...

e mail home page
When my wife was using Windows mail she did something and lost the box in the LH upper corner which lists the inbox, deleted items, sent items and junk mail. When we open up Windows mail the only thing that opens is the inbox. How do we get this box back so we access the above items. View | Layout | Folder List. Check it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75D54688-7E8F-4B8A-8DA3-525755FB2685@microsoft.com... > When my wife was using Windows mail she...

E-mail Router & Cluster Exchange 2003
Hi, I have a question for you. Can I install CRM-Exchange E-mail Router in an enviroment with two nodes of cluster of Exchange Server 2003? If the answer is YES, please tell me, how can I do that? Thanks for your help. -- Rosita Andrade Support for clustered servers of any sort is not currently available. If you are only concerned with outbound email and not inbound, then it is possible to configure the app to use a clustered Exchange server, but as I said inbound email will not work. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------...

Getting Outlook 2003 to Download Header AND BODY of a Mail Like Outlook Express
A few months ago, I converted from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, which I use against an Oracle Collaboration Suite IMAP server. Outlook Express worked flawlessly. I've still not been able to get Outlook 2003 to properly download all of my headers and bodies so that I can sync my mail and then unplug from the network and read the mail on a plane. I have configured my Send/Received Groups and changed the radio button for my IMAP "Inbox" folder to say (*) Download complete item including attachments", but if I do Send/Recieved, then unplug the network, all of the new mail ...

Dynamic e-mail address on business alerts?
Does anyone know a way to make the e-mail address dynamic on a business alert? I'm trying to find a way to automate e-mailing of order acknowledgements to cusotmers. Business Alerts fit fine except that I'd need to pull the customer's e-mail address from their card rather than having a static e-mail address in the alert. If this isn't possible, can anyone recommend a 3rd party package to do this? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_4E41372C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! Unfortunately th...

Send to / Mail recipient
Dear All, I have a PC with 2 profiles. If i do right click/send to/mail recipient on a file using one of the profiles, i get Outlook 2003 (this is what i want). Using the other profile, when i do the same i get Outlook express. I've tried everything and yes, Outlook is the predefined mail client. What else can i try? Something in the registry? Many thanks! Guille -- Guillermo Brachetta Harpsichordist - Music Editor www.brachetta.com Guille <here@home.now> wrote: > I have a PC with 2 profiles. Two mail profiles or two user profiles? -- Brian Tillman 2 user profiles -...

Trouble using macros to send mail in Outlook 2010
I'm doing the following Set objMail = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objMail .To = "myemail@email.com" .subject = "subject" .body = "body." .Send End With This worked using Outlook 2007. Ever since I went to 2010 I see the email in my Sent Items, but it never actually gets sent. Anyone seen this recently in 2010? Thanks. ...

outlook express can't open mails
Outlook seems to work normally but mails can't be opened pmoen@pi.be <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook seems to work normally but mails can't be opened Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

xp junk mail
it is just not deleting anything, just "greying" out. this is because i set the colour to grey. with sp3 installed And your question is? How to change the color? Make a rule to delete the spam? What? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Squibbly asked: | it is just not deleting anything, just "greying" out. this is because | i set t...

Can't get Incoming mail
Hi folks, All of a sudden, I can no longer receive email. I can send though, and=20 newsgroups still work also. (I'm using a 1.2 GHz PC with Windows XP Pro, and Windows Live Mail for = years=20 now, no changes.) Any idea how I can change my password so I can get my email again? Here's the error message: ------------------------------------------------------------ Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (MyName) account. An=20 incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive = messages,=20 you'll be asked to enter your user name and pass...

Outlook 2007 Safe Senders still go to Junk Mail
I see discussion of this but no resolution. I have Office 2007, and senders who have been marked as safe continue to go to Junk mail folder. I am using the "No Filters" option, but this makes no difference. Does anyone have a work around? -- pjsm61 ...

Unable to delete any mail in Outlook 2002
Hi, All. I have a problem with my outlook 2002, I can't delete any mail(any folder) from outlook. it give an error something like "unable to delete mail" and ask me to restart the outlook. But, when restart the outlook and computer, it still the same error occured and cannot delete any message from outlook. All the new outgoing mail is stuck at "Outbox" item(cannot be deleted too). System (1) WinXP Professional (2) Outlook 2002 My .pst file size is approximately 1.9 GB. Is't too large for outlook 2002? Thanks Kee ...

All mail is being returned to me as undeliverable
All my outgoing mail is being returned from the system administrator and I am really not sure why. I went out of town for a few days and all of a sudden this is happending. Does someone have any insight into this? Thank-you, Courtney Not without more info like account, version of Outlook, exact error message, etc... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Courtney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c21c01c45226$d4ef1650$...

OL-2007: E-mail composition
I'm transitioning from OL-2000 to 2007 and am bumping up against a few things. Here's one . . . When I go to compose a new e-mail message, I find that when I press the (Enter)-key to create a new line, OL automatically skips a space... which I don't like and I'm trying to find a way to *not* have this happen. I tried going into the "Normal" Style and I modified that to use the font I like (Verdana) and to not insert extra line spacing between paragraphs, etc. And the changes I made (to the Normal style) work fine, *if* I swipe the text and apply th...

Can't create a new user with a mail box automatically with Active Dir #2
I have 2003 server with Active Directory and Exchange installed. When i click Create -> "User" and reach the dialog to create an Exchange mail box, the "Mailbox Store" drop down list is empty. Which has the effect that the "Next" button is disabled and I can't create a mailbox attached to that account. Where can I find that setting or what should I do? Thanks in advance /Mac Check and make sure the account you are using to create the new users has at least Exchange View-Only administrator in Exchange System Manager. Right-click on either ...

Dump of e-mail aliasses from Active Directory
Hi, How can I dump (or verify, VS2005 VB.Net preferred) if an incoming message contains a valid e-mailaddress or alias? I can verify the primary e-mail address from the Active Directory using the System.DirectoryServices DirectorySearcher command. But how do I verify if a recipient address is a alias. Used in an home-brew application with MS Exchange Event Sink to verify some more data. Jeroen On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:52:38 +0100, "Rotzooi" <rotzooi@bukowonen.nl> wrote: >Hi, > >How can I dump (or verify, VS2005 VB.Net preferred) if an incoming message >c...

GP 8.0 E-Mailing using Non-Acrobat PDF Writer
We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of Plain Text. We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications without any problems – however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option it remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is installed? Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get GP to recognize deskPDF’s printer. Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements – the smallest amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 – deskPDF is...