How to migrate the address view

In our testing Exchange 5.5 environment,
we have a large number of address view set for
use to search the GALs, DLs and contacts.

However, I don't know how to migrate to Exchang 2003
server, would you tell me how to do that?

Thank you

0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration
Is it possible to migrate an existing 5.5 to 2000 using the same computer name? If you mean separate servers with the same name? No. However, if you setup an E2K server in your Ex5.5 org and move the mailboxes over to the new server name, the Outlook profiles will automatically update (if that is your concern). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Concrete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b7c01c401...

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

Contacts are not listed in address book
When I open my address book, there are only two contacts. When I open my contact list it lists all my contacts. What do I need to do to get my full contact list into my address book? Depends a bit on what you have done so far and which version you have. You have given us very little information. Try this: right click your Contacts folder | Address Book | set as an Outlook addess book (tick the box). If it doesn't work, tell us version and how you got your Contacts into Outlook (import etc). -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Docmoney" <Do...

Forms in two differant views

Exporting just an address book?
I am wondering if there is a way to export just a address book and not the whole .pst folder. Any hints would be appreciated... I am running on a Domain so I dont have a Exchange Server on site. Thanks, ...

Accpac DOS with Adagio Migration to Dynamics 10
Anybody still do these migrations.... ...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Address list filter rules
I am trying to create a new address list in Exchange 2003. What I want is all employees and all employee distribution groups. After trying several combinations I added a custom attribute to each employee and to each employee distruction group and entered "Employee" as the value. I then created a new address list with the filter rule which said if the custom attribute 1 = Employee include in the list. Everything is fine except that Query based distribution groups do not show up. So I create a new address list and found that using any filter rule rejects all query based distributi...

Outlook address book #11
Anyone know how to set the outlook address book to list the contacts by last name followed by first name? The default seems to be first name followed by last name.I have tried the settings under tools > options > contact options, but these settings only seem to effect how the actual contacts are files in outlook and do not change how they appear in the address book. I know it was possible to change this in earlier versions of outlook, but for some reason I can not locate how to do this in 2003. The problem this creates in when searching for an e-mail address, one needs to know the fir...

How to migrate all account settings?
Hello - I bought myself a new computer and want to migrate Outlook from one to the other. The "content" (i.e. contacts, calendar, etc.) I was able to transfer by copying over the Outlook.pst file. But how can I migrate all the account settings? I found no "export" functionality. Do I REALLY have to define all that stuff anew??? Or is there a file or a registry subtree that contains all these settings so that I can transfer them all in a single swoop? Michael Recreate your accounts manually. You won't be happy with any of the transfer Wizards. They don't wo...

OWA Attachment Viewing
I have a question regarding OWA. When my users double click on an attachment, it opens up another IE window and requires them to log in again. Is this something I have set wrong in Exchange, or is this normal behavior? Thanks, Jeff Are you logging in domain\username or just username? James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Jeff Grossman wrote: > I have a question regarding OWA. When my users double click on an > attachment, it opens up another IE window and requires them to log in > again. Is this something I have set wrong in Exchange, or is this >...

2007 View Code ThisWorkbook
In Excel 2003, we could easily right-click the Excel icon in the menu bar (next to File etc.) and select "View Code" to go straight to the "ThisWorkbook" object in the VBA Editor. Is there any similar shortcut available for this in Excel 2007 that I could perhaps add to my Quick Access Toolbar? Or perhaps a keystroke combination similar to Alt+F11 that would take you straight to ThisWorkbook? Thanks! -- Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit from it later. Hi, right click in the tab name "KC" wrote: &...

"Program trying to access e-mail addresses" msg
Hi. I recently installed SP3 on my computer, and now I get an odd message when I open emails. A box pops up that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." My virus scan turned up nothing, and the "detect & repair" function of Outlook did not change this. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks! Same here. After "yes" or "no" outlook stop responding. Curious to find an answer! Mel &...

Viewing BBC Receipients
I have tried looking at the people we send an email to under BCC, when I open the email in the sent file the BCC list does not show. How can I view who all got the message? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d4f301c439cc$78f01c90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have tried looking at the people we send an email to > under BCC, when I open the email in the sent file the BCC > list does not show. How can I view who all got the > message? Thanks Unless you sent the message, that's the purpose of BCC! You're MEANT not to be able to see. ...

I have Visio 2000. Can I view files from newer versions?
Hi, I have Visio 2000. Can I view files from newer versions? I tried to open one from someone who I believe has either 2002 or later version? The file format did not change when Visio 2002 was released, so you should be able to open Visio 2002 files. The file format did change for Visio 2003, so you will be unable to open these files. Visio 2003 can save in Visio 2002/2000 format and there is a Visio viewer. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.o...

contacts vs address-book in Outlook (Office 2000)...
I have been synch-ing my addr-book between Outlook (from Office 2000 Premium) and a PDA (Palm-OS). So, my approx 100 people, with their email addr and some with other data (e.g.phone number and street addresses) were located in both the Outlook addr-book and the Palm. So, the other day, Win-XP got totally corrupted. I've recovered from that...a brand instance of the OS is now in place, and I struggled and finally got Office 2000 to finally install and work (a battle in its own right). I re-installed my Palm-OS software, so I can again 'synch' from its USB-cradle with the new ...

Importing address books from Eudora 6.0
I have been using Eudora 6.0 and am considering switching to outlook. I was able to Import my email messages to outlook, but not my address books. I have a number of separate address books, so would like to be able to import them into either separate address books or groups in Outlook. Can anyone help Thanks I have the same problem! Did you solve it meanwhile Axel did anyone get this problem fixed i am having the same problem ...

Disable viewing of macros
Hi, 1. In general, how can i disable users from accessing macros for a particular workbook. I guess i should be putting some code in the file open event and close event. What is the command to disable the option. 2. I have a workbook with many worksheets. Each worksheet is protected but for some cells that are allowed to be edited by the user. Therefore, if a user wants to edit all the cells then he/she should know the unprotect worksheet password. How can i disable a user from accessing any macro of the workbook unless the worksheet is unprotected. Any help is appreciated. Thanks....

email addresses tied to a spread sheet
When I attach an excel spreadsheet using the ‘send to mail recipient’ and then select ‘send the current sheet as the message body’ the email addresses that we always had tied to each sheet are no longer showing. When I’m ready to send the excel sheet as the message body, I hit the ‘send to mail recipient’. If this is a sheet that I send out as a message body on a regular basis, the email addresses and the subject line have always been stored in the address section and subject section when we were on the 2003 version. Now on the 2007 version, the email addresses and subject come ...

Address Book / Contacts don't appear in email message
I'm sure this question has be posted 10000's of times but i can't seem to locate it. I have just reinstalled windows XP Pro, outlook 2003. I have my email back up all my contacts and calendar info in order. But when i attempt to create a new email message my address book doesn't pop up to list the address's in the "TO" field so there's no way to check them. Thanks in advance for any info. -Matt nutshell222@hotmail.com If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make su...

CSpliiterWnd
I have written an application which has a splitter window (2 panes), I hvae written 2 different view Classes for these panes. In one view I have a List box and in the other I have a Dialog box with a few controls Now as I change the selection of items in the list box, I need to disable/ enable certain controls in the other pane. How do I communicate between the two pane With Regards "TheBasilisk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B01612-86EC-4C44-92EC-EAFCC0E7CE59@microsoft.com... > I have written an application which has a splitter window (2 ...

Limit selected recipients to receive mail from only known addresses??
I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. Is this possible with Ex2k3 Thanks in advance Mike Mike B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. >Is this possible with Ex2k3? Not exactly in the way you describe. You can use the Active Directory as the source of valid SMTP addressses, and yo...

Views -vs- Workspaces
Can someone give me a very simple explanation of the difference between the uses for Views and the uses for Workspaces? ...

Data Analysis Views Dashboard
All, We use MSPS 2007 with SP2. No MOSS installed. I am trying to build a dashboard which consists of 4 different views out of Data Analysis. I have built the 4 Data Analysis views, created a new webpart page, and added the data analysis webpart 4 times so that I can show one view per webpart. However, I am only able to see the Pivot graph in one web part ad rest of the webparts do not show anything. Is there something I am missing? -- Prasanna Adavi ...