How to make a new Public Folder Structure in another domain?

How to make a new Public Folder Structure in another domain?

I have 2 domains DOM1 and DOM2 for example.
In the beginning there was only 1. But because some of the activities must
be done by an external company, the company had to split up....
They worked a lot together, but now the 2 company's (domains) are more and
more seperate...

Need from employees: DOM2 has to have it's own Public Folders. Empty....

My situation now:

Dom1
    First Administrative Group
        Servers
            DOM1Controller
                Public Folder Store
            DOM2Controller
                Public Folder Store
        Routing Groups
            DOM1
            DOM2
        Folders
            Public Folders
                Folder1
                Folder2
                etc

How can i split the 2 organisations in a correct/(working) way ?

I hope someone can make a structure like the one above (more detail would be
appreciated ;-) )
And i hope someone can tell in a short instruction the right order to do
something.....

Thanks....

0
spam2023 (5)

Check for new email and send an alarm if the email did not arrive
Hi All, Is there away is outlook (or by using a third party software) to check for new emails every 5 minutes and send an alram or email to someone if an email did not arrive in the right time. Thank you for your help. Fular Without custom code, I don't think it's possible to trigger something on the absence of something as opposed to the presence of something. <falbazaz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140739354.436730.241060@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Is there away is outlook (or by using a third party software) to check > for new emails ...

how do I make perferated tabs for "For Sale phone numbers"
I am wanting to make and informational sheet for people to be able to tear off a phone number from the bottom of the information sheet. I would call them perferated tabs? What version Publisher? File, new, Publications for print, Flyers, Announcements...(2002-03) They are called tear-offs. They are in the same place in Publisher 2000, only called Publications by Wizard. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "connie" <connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0350E40-6A56-4BD1-BB89-8A12478357...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

Can I forward all messages received from a specific domain?
I'd like to set up a rule for an exchange user that forwards all mail they receive from a particular domain to another user's exchange mailbox. I tried setting up a rule where the "From" field was configured with a domain name only (From: specificdomain.com). I tested by having someone from that domain send an email to the user, but the rule did not fire; the message was never forwarded. Is there a valid syntax for creating a rule that should fire for all email from a particular domain? It's not practical in this case to set up multiple rules to fire on incom...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

Creating a query out of another query
Hi Guys, I have a query looking like that: field1 field2 field3 field4 field5 field6 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I need a query from this query like this: Field 1 Field 2 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I'll really appreciate if someone can help me with this one Thanks This should do it -- SELECT Field1 AS Field_1, Field2 AS Field_2 FROM YourTable WHERE Field1 ...

Unread messages in Public Folders
Hi all, I have two problems with public folders: - OWA nor Outlook doesn't display count of unread messages, regardless whether per-user read/unread information is checked or not - I'm unable to setup Outlook to show desktop alert on new messages in any public folder; the dummy rule with display desktop alert option doesn't work - is it even possible? Thanks in advance, Robert On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:21:05 +0100, "Robert Goldwein" <robert.goldwein@dtptools.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have two problems with public folders: >- OWA nor Outlook doesn&#...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

Public Folder
Hello, I have created a Public Folder with a Task View as my MIS Help Desk for my internal users. Occassionally the Task Item will disappear. I DO NOT know why it disappears, can you help me with this? Also, the users only fill in the Subject line and sometimes additional information in the body of the Task. That's all. Very puzzle!? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

Each new window showing up in start bar--want to turn this off
Hi, I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one message open at once. Where is the option to change this? -- Thanks, PTweety "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E83CF7-E369-4CB5-935C-2058FF39D4E7@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item > on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one > message open at once. Where is the...

Re: Uninstall of Office v.X and install of new licensed program
On 9/15/03 10:10 AM, in article 35c101c37bac$4ae04930$a501280a@phx.gbl, "Ryan Smith" <rsmith@thesportscenter.net> wrote: > I recently purchased new licenses of Office v.X so I could connect my > computers to a network and use Office on multiple computers at the > same time. I attempted to uninstall the version I had before on each of > the multiple computers and install the new seperate versions with a > unique license number on each computer. Now, no matter what > computer I'm on and whether the network is active or not, none of my > programs will i...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

IE shouldn't open new windows on every link clicked.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook, IE causes a new window to open every single time. This happens even if the link is to the same website. For example, I click a link to an item listed on Ebay. A new window is opened. Then I may click on another link to Ebay for an item, even in the same email, and another window opens. Before when I was using Outlook Express, a new window did not open when I clicked additional links in the same piece of email. It simply used the same window to move me to another item on the same website. Is there a way to prevent all these extra windows from op...

How to control another program to run cryptically?
Hi all, i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has SplashWindow, which i can't control it. How to implement that? thanks > i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has > SplashWindow, which i can't control it. > How to implement that? > What do you mean by "control it"? What do you want to do with this window? --- Ajay What do you want to do? joe On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:49:45 +0800, "Sean" <xfbakup@21cn.com> wrote: >Hi all, >i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has &...

Public Foolders
I have 2 Exchange servers in a single domain. Can someone help me to figure out how I can make public folders that are on Server A visible to users that are on server B and vise versa? Thanks in advance for any help Tony Well, it's my understanding that when a client tries to access a public folder, the store computes the nearest server that contains a replica of that folder and refer that server to the client. The client will use the local public store first, but if the replica is not on that server, it should make a connection to the server referred by the store. Do you se...

How do I merge archieve folders in Outlook?
Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On new PC they show up as "Personal Folders" and a new set of empty Archieve folders has been created. How do I move the existing archieve folders from the Personal Folders to the new Archieve Folders? Thank you. Drag drop the items you want to move. "219Kimrod" <219Kimrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E2C1F96-A0D1-4186-971C-99E073378B49@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On > new PC they show up as "Per...

is there a way to make the bars on a bar chart narrower?
help anyone? -- mcarrington ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcarrington's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498513 Hi mcarrington, Have you tried right clicking a bar then Format Data Series then change the Gap width? Ken Johnson Hi mcarrington, sorry, I left out one step... Right click a bar>Format Data Series>Options>change Gap Width. Ken Johnson ...

Can I Invite a Public Calendar on an Email?
I would like to be able to add an appointment to my personal calendar and invite the public calendar too to get that appointment into the public calendar. I have read that this is possible because all public folders have an email address, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Thanks! right click on the pf calendar and choose properties - there is an option to add the calendar to your address book. you can also guess at the address - many times the folder name is the email alias - if its longer than 8 characters, try the first 8. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

Public folders not showing on all Outlook clients
Hi I have Exchange Server 2003 on SBS 2003. Every Outlook user has his own Public folders created and has given permission for other users to read the public folders. The problem is the other users do not see these public folders that have been shared. I have even added permissions on Exchange System Manager in Public folders but still they cannot see one anothers Public folders! Please help! Chris <chris.l@actionprgroup.com> wrote: >I have Exchange Server 2003 on SBS 2003. Every Outlook user has his own >Public folders created and has given permission for other users t...