How to host multiple email servers on one Exchange 2000 server?

For example, abc.com and xyz.com, they are in the same forest.

Can I set up two SMTP servers on Exchange 2000, what else do I need to do?

Is there a white paper for this?

Thanks.
0
Peter2031 (452)

You can do that with two recipient policies.

As far as the SMTP server the Default Virtual Server will handle both
domains once the policies are setup.  Before that you will just get relay
errors.

The MX for both domains can then point to the same IP.

It gets more complex though if you need to split up the GAL.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822940&product=exch2003

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"peter" <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For example, abc.com and xyz.com, they are in the same forest.
>
> Can I set up two SMTP servers on Exchange 2000, what else do I need to do?
>
> Is there a white paper for this?
>
> Thanks.

0
dtown (976)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails