How to have external contacts with same domain as Exchange???

Hi all,

Preface:
I have Exchange Svr 2003 with Outlook 2003.
Suppose that my domain is @probe.net.
I have one central office and a lot of external offices. The exchange server
is only used to send-receive messages into the central office.
(To receive I am using the POP connector to obtain messages from my ISP,
and to send I am using the Exchange Server).
External offices read messages directly from the ISP.

Well. The problem is:
- All the external offices have email adresses with the same domain
@probe.net.
   When I add contacts to GAL with the email address of the external
offices, and send messages, always I have returned messages with error text
from my Exchange Server.
   But if I send a new message typing directly the address in the "To:"
field it sends OK.

- I need to add contacts (or users) in the GAL with the email address of the
external offices, how can do it?

I hope you understand me.
Thanks in advance.

0
rlopez (25)

Roberto L�pez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Preface:
> I have Exchange Svr 2003 with Outlook 2003.
> Suppose that my domain is @probe.net.
> I have one central office and a lot of external offices. The exchange
> server is only used to send-receive messages into the central office.
> (To receive I am using the POP connector to obtain messages from my
> ISP, and to send I am using the Exchange Server).
> External offices read messages directly from the ISP.
>
> Well. The problem is:
> - All the external offices have email adresses with the same domain
> @probe.net.
>    When I add contacts to GAL with the email address of the external
> offices, and send messages, always I have returned messages with
> error text from my Exchange Server.
>    But if I send a new message typing directly the address in the
> "To:" field it sends OK.
>
> - I need to add contacts (or users) in the GAL with the email address
> of the external offices, how can do it?
>
> I hope you understand me.
> Thanks in advance.

You can't use contacts that have the same domain name in the SMTP address.
See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321721 helps
with regard to sharing the address space. Also
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319759 for info on
forwarding messages to a foreign server.

 Also http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for info on hosting
your own mail rather than using POP, which is preferred.

0
lanwench (7567)

where can I find the list of known bugs in Exchange Server 2003?
where can I find the list of known bugs in Exchange Server 2003? On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:35:02 -0800, kjwchu <kjwchu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >where can I find the list of known bugs in Exchange Server 2003? A list of the unknown ones would be even better. The product release document should address all public known issues. For example, known issues of Exchange 2003 SP1 were address in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Release Notes which was available for download at the link: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx &quo...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Search contacts by phone numbers
Hello all, I 'm having troubles with trying to search for contacts by phone numbers. I have tried instant search and advanced find and none of them work the way I'd like to. Let's use an example: Let's say I receive a phone call and the phone number is displayed on my phone, then I'd like to search for this phone number in my outlook contacts , so that Outlook would give me the matching contact. Phone numbers are written in different ways in my contacts: some are written like 0612345678, other are written like 06 12 34 56 78, others like 06.12.34.56.78. and others...

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 OWA issue
I migrated system that had one Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 this weekend. I Moved the mailboxes and replicated the system and public folders. The only issue is that OWA dose not work all the users are getting Users are getting the login request repeatedly. How do I make sure that OWA is being support from NEW 2003 server? I noticed that when I turned off the IIS Admin on the old server the users did not even get login prompt We are looking to decommission the old Exchange server. When the OWA is resolved any suggestions welcomed When you go to the mailbox, does it re...

How to Forward Email from Exchange to 3rd Party SMTP?
Exchange Guru Needed! We are attempting to have our internal Exchange 2003 server recognize and send outgoing messages to our 3rd party host, however anytime an Exchange email account sends email to an Internet account the error message below is returned. We've had our best Exchange person check it out, however no luck so far. Any tips/tricks? Your help is appreciated! Environment: ------------ - Windows 2003 Small Business Server running Exchange, CRM, IIS, SQL Server. - Intranet Domain: MYURL.LOCAL - Internet Domain: MYURL.COM - Primary Email (POP/SMTP) is hosted with a 3rd Party com...

Can't send outbound email (outside of our domain)
Greetings, FYI - we cannot send outbound email outside of our domain as of yesterday. Rebooting the server does not work. We have also run a repair of the db and a defrag on the db. Also, we are periodically having problems connecting to OWA. We are not on any blacklists and don't seems to have any DNS issues when testing sites like DNSstuff.com... Any ideas? Let me know. Thanks much, Toni Have you checked name resolution on your network? Can you ping the Exchange server name, FQDN and IP address? What happens when you telnet to port 25 on your Exchange server? Anything in the...

Cert Services on Exchange
Hi All: We have a need to provide VPN access to our LAN with 2 factor authentication. This will be for a limited amount of users, maybe 4 tops on a very low traffic exchange server. Are there any issues running certificate services on Exchange? Thanks DJ On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:21:24 -0400, "Doug" <none> wrote: >Hi All: > >We have a need to provide VPN access to our LAN with 2 factor >authentication. This will be for a limited amount of users, maybe 4 tops on >a very low traffic exchange server. Are there any issues running certificate >services on...

Using exchange POP3 connector
Hello :) I've inherited a a very sick SBS 2003 client of under 10 users that I am looking to upgrade to 2008. In their current config they are using a pop3 host, hosting individual mailboxes and having exchange download the mail to each users account and using the ISP smart host to send. All OWA, RWW activity is used via the the static IP address on the router. They have expressed they wish to stay with this method of having email 'sit' on a host if anything happens to their net or email server so that it can be accessed via the hosts online web access. ...

Exchange 2003 OWA #4
Hello Everyone, I have an exchange 2003 server running in an 2003 environment. We upgraded awhile back from windows 2000 to 2003. When some of the older users try to access OWA they get an access denied error. Others can access it fine. Any ideas? Thank you, JD ...

Contacts list causes program to crash
Someone at the office is running on a W2K professional with Outlook 2000 and has run into a problem when accessing her Contacts list from the Address Book. This only started today after she did her last Windows Update. This doesn't happen to any other of her lists. When she scrolls or pages through the list, it always stops at the same place and then the program crashes. This happens everytime and always at the same place. I assume this is might be a corrupted list. Is this a text file that I can fix or is it some type of database file? Thanks, Tom ...

Binding of TACACS Authentication Server with Exchange.
Hello Friends, My company want to bind TACACS+ Server with Exchange server. They what the Exchange Users who are coming from Internet should go to TACACS server for Authentication. Dont have much of Idea how to Bind Exchange Server with TACACS+ Server, and how exchange users will get authenticated by TACACS Server. - Biplab Mistry Maker of that TACACS should provide detailed installation instruction. Biplab Mistry wrote: > Hello Friends, > > My company want to bind TACACS+ Server with Exchange server. They what the > Exchange Users who are coming from Internet should ...

Export list of Dist Groups in AD/Exchange?
Anyone know how to use LDIFDE or CSVDE to export a list of all the dist. groups in AD. All the info I'm finding is mostly for getting the members of Dist Groups. I very well might need that but I initially just need to export all Dist Groups into a list. I am currently migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and using 3rd party migration tool. This tool synced the environments thereby creating dist. Groups in a specific OU in AD. I need to list to compare both sides cause it appears some are missing from 2003. I tried using CSVDE the OU - "distgroups" csvde -f distgroups.csv -l name -...

Email Account & Contacts
Is there some way to link a Contact with an email account (i.e.. one of my email accounts), so that when I send a email to a given Contact it will always be sent from the email account designated for that user. I have 3 email accounts - one is for personal use, another is for my small business use and the third relates to an organisation, of which I'm the secretary. I want to make sure that my family and friends always get email from my personal email address "loveandkisses@isp.com.au", my business associates always get email from my business email address "themana...

create e-mail enabled contact by script
hy all im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts. a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but they didn´t were e-mail enabled. I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts, but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail functionality by creating a mailbox object. This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object. Does someone has an idea? greetings jc "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im lookin...

How many DPM servers in a domain?
Hi there, we are currently running a DPM server to backup an Exchange 2007, the exchange system is split into three mailbox servers. The DPM system is under load due to the size of the system, the exchange admin has asked whether it is possible to run three dpm servers backing up each mailbox server to ease the load? Take a look at this article. It will help you come up with a proper solution: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808681.aspx Also, you can use more than one DPM server to backup different servers. -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K...

Setting up Exchange 2003 to retrieve email outside
I am setting up my first Exchange server. I know how to set-up the exchange server for us to access our email, calendars, etc. within the domain. The problem I have is how do I set-up exchange for me to get my email outside the domain... (for instance if I am at the hotel) using my Outlook 2003? Thanks. Malcolm wrote: > I am setting up my first Exchange server. I know how to set-up the > exchange server for us to access our email, calendars, etc. within > the domain. > > The problem I have is how do I set-up exchange for me to get my email > outside the domain... ...

Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase
Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the dbase in an inconsistant state. Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start the dbase after the restore was: EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store, 0x8004010f in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063. Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it acros...

Exchange 2003 Systems Attendant crashed
Hi, Our E2K3's SA was terminated last night and I have restarted it this morning. I found the following logs. Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Category: None Event ID: 1000 Faulting application mad.exe, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e737d, faulting module epoxy.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e6fed, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000648e. Source: Application Error Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Faulting application mad.exe, version 6.5.7638.1, faulting module epoxy.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, fault address 0x0000648e. Does anyone have any idea what can cause this to happen? There is n...

In Pace exchange 5.5 to exchange 2002
We are done recently Windows NT Windows 2003 Migration. We are not unable to upgrade exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 on windows 2003 active directory. We already have one Exchange 2003 server running on same windows 2003 Active directory. Same time I am not able to create connection agreement using ADC. I got Follwing Error “ The Exchange Server Directory container that has been specified for import is not in the same site as exchange server” Site Name”.Chemage the Import Container on the form Windows Property Sheet. Thanks Sanjeevi ...

merging two email accounts in Exchange Server
I was recently hired onto a position with a company that utilizes Exchange Server... of which I have no knowledge. Now, my burning question is, how do I merge two email accounts into one. One account is handled via third party and the other is our internal address, already on exchange server. Please help. -- lfheb On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:11:30 -0800, "lfheb" <lfheb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was recently hired onto a position with a company that utilizes Exchange >Server... of which I have no knowledge. Now, my burning question is, how do >I merge...

Monitoring Status "Unreachable" for fully operational Exchange 2000 server
Hi, I have an Exchange 2000 server which is working fine. But when I look in System Manager on that server under Monitoring & Status - Status, it shows as being "Unreachable". The other Exchange server shows as being "Available". I have checked the Services on both servers and they all the same services appear to be running. Only the "Default MS Exchange Services" entry is present and "Disable all Monitoring" is not ticked. Can anyone suggest why this "Unreachable" message appears? Thanks, John See if WMI service is running on...

MTA missing in Exchange 5.5
Hi, please help me.... i cant see the mta tab in my Exchange server why ??? is the MTA service started? Lasse Pettersson "Seffys" <Seffys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFB3C56C-25B5-4AD4-B200-8E0E6B4CA1C4@microsoft.com... > Hi, please help me.... > i cant see the mta tab in my Exchange server why ??? Why do you want to see it? Seffys wrote: > Hi, please help me.... > i cant see the mta tab in my Exchange server why ??? -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com just weird... :-) its gon...

Outlokk 2003 Contacts
Recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000 Cant seem to set my Contacts folders as Address Books - Option is greyed-out. Is this anything to do with not having Word 2003 (I've still got Word 2000 running)? TIA JohnK In Tools | Email Accounts | View pr Change Existing Directories or Address Books ... Next .... is the Outlook Address Book shown? If not try to add it via the Add button. "John F Kappler" <johnk@pceffect.co.uk> wrote in message news:4221a4cd.10109843@giganews.nildram.co.uk... > Recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000 > > Cant seem to set my...

Event ID 7010 between two Exchange 2003 servers in same organisation
Hello, this is my 1st time in the groups. Could someone advise on this error please? should 'Anonymous logon' have any rights? we have enabled the security tab through the registry & are just comparing the permissions across the two sites Attempt 1 Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 Date: 20/07/2004 Time: 09:58:26 User: N/A Computer: SLDNEX01 Description: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #1. The client at "192...