How to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account

Hi Folks,

I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to 
a hotmail or network solutions account.

Please advise as to how to do this.
Thanks, Dougf
0
Dougf (11)
2/15/2007 7:52:42 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

10 Replies
573 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
<Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to 
>a hotmail or network solutions account.
>
>Please advise as to how to do this.
>Thanks, Dougf

If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
Create a mail enabled AD contact.
Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.

If you just want the email to go to one location
Delete the account.
Create an AD mail enabled contact.
Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
@ on the SMTP address.
Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
0
mark7219 (5666)
2/15/2007 8:00:28 PM
Hi Mark,

It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD accts 
and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
Dougf


"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Hi Folks,
> >
> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to 
> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
> >
> >Please advise as to how to do this.
> >Thanks, Dougf
> 
> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
> 
> If you just want the email to go to one location
> Delete the account.
> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
> @ on the SMTP address.
> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
> 
0
Dougf (11)
2/15/2007 8:27:10 PM
Try it again.
-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

"Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mark,
>
> It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD accts
> and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
> Dougf
>
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
>> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Folks,
>> >
>> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example 
>> >to
>> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
>> >
>> >Please advise as to how to do this.
>> >Thanks, Dougf
>>
>> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
>> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
>> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
>> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
>>
>> If you just want the email to go to one location
>> Delete the account.
>> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
>> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
>> @ on the SMTP address.
>> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
>> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
>> 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/15/2007 9:13:24 PM
You need to create a contact in AD and then forward to that (which will then 
allow you to pick from the GAL)

"Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mark,
>
> It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD accts
> and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
> Dougf
>
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
>> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Folks,
>> >
>> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example 
>> >to
>> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
>> >
>> >Please advise as to how to do this.
>> >Thanks, Dougf
>>
>> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
>> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
>> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
>> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
>>
>> If you just want the email to go to one location
>> Delete the account.
>> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
>> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
>> @ on the SMTP address.
>> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
>> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
>> 


0
chris.lehr (58)
2/15/2007 11:01:03 PM
Chris,
Could you elaborate on creating a contact in AD please.
Doug

"Chris Lehr" wrote:

> You need to create a contact in AD and then forward to that (which will then 
> allow you to pick from the GAL)
> 
> "Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD accts
> > and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
> > Dougf
> >
> >
> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
> >> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Hi Folks,
> >> >
> >> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example 
> >> >to
> >> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
> >> >
> >> >Please advise as to how to do this.
> >> >Thanks, Dougf
> >>
> >> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
> >> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
> >> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
> >> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
> >>
> >> If you just want the email to go to one location
> >> Delete the account.
> >> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
> >> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
> >> @ on the SMTP address.
> >> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
> >> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Dougf (11)
2/16/2007 1:38:00 AM
Folks,
I have got the process; actually tested too. I will outline for those who 
follow.
1) Open "Active Directory Users and Computers" ADUC ( all steps are 
completed in this tool).
2) Create new Org Unit in Domain; call "Internet Contacts" for example.
3) Select new Org Unit folder.
4) Right click the blank right pane, select new, select contact.
5) Fill in 4 fields; Give unique descriptor for "display name" (ie. 
username-external domain); say OK on dialogs.
6) Go to "users" area in ADUC and right click/properties on acct for new 
contact just created.
7) goto "Exch General" tab, "Delivery Options" button, check "Forward to" 
radio button, "modify" button, enter user name for search, select new contact 
address.
8) Unique "Display Address" should appear in "Forward to" area, decide if 
need to check "Deliver to both...." check box.
9) Press OK on all dialogs to go back to ADUC.
10) Test & Done

Dougf

"Chris Lehr" wrote:

> You need to create a contact in AD and then forward to that (which will then 
> allow you to pick from the GAL)
> 
> "Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD accts
> > and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
> > Dougf
> >
> >
> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
> >> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Hi Folks,
> >> >
> >> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example 
> >> >to
> >> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
> >> >
> >> >Please advise as to how to do this.
> >> >Thanks, Dougf
> >>
> >> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
> >> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
> >> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
> >> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
> >>
> >> If you just want the email to go to one location
> >> Delete the account.
> >> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
> >> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
> >> @ on the SMTP address.
> >> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
> >> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Dougf (11)
2/16/2007 3:18:02 AM
Sorry, left out step 6. See new proceedure below.

1) Open "Active Directory Users and Computers" ADUC ( all steps are 
completed in this tool).

2) Create new Org Unit in Domain; call "Internet Contacts" for 
example.

3) Select new Org Unit folder.

4) Right click the blank right pane, select new, select contact.

5) Fill in 4 fields; Give unique descriptor for "display name" (ie. 
username-external domain); say OK on dialogs.

6) Press "next", press "Modify", select "SMTP Address", enter 
internet E-mail adderess on next panel, Say "OK", "Next", "Finish"

7) Go to "users" area in ADUC and right click/properties on acct for 
new contact just created.

8) goto "Exch General" tab, "Delivery Options" button, check "Forward 
to" radio button, "modify" button, enter user name for search, select 
new contact address.

9) Unique "Display Address" should appear in "Forward to" area, 
decide if need to check "Deliver to both...." check box.

10) Press OK on all dialogs to go back to ADUC.

11) Test & Done

Dougf

"Chris Lehr" wrote:

> You need to create a contact in AD and then forward to that (which will then 
> allow you to pick from the GAL)
> 
> "Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD accts
> > and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
> > Dougf
> >
> >
> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
> >> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Hi Folks,
> >> >
> >> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example 
> >> >to
> >> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
> >> >
> >> >Please advise as to how to do this.
> >> >Thanks, Dougf
> >>
> >> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
> >> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
> >> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
> >> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
> >>
> >> If you just want the email to go to one location
> >> Delete the account.
> >> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
> >> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
> >> @ on the SMTP address.
> >> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
> >> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Dougf (11)
2/16/2007 3:31:03 AM
So you have it working properly at this point?


"Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A0BE8C49-B718-4857-9675-C077F71D2288@microsoft.com...
> Sorry, left out step 6. See new proceedure below.
>
> 1) Open "Active Directory Users and Computers" ADUC ( all steps are
> completed in this tool).
>
> 2) Create new Org Unit in Domain; call "Internet Contacts" for
> example.
>
> 3) Select new Org Unit folder.
>
> 4) Right click the blank right pane, select new, select contact.
>
> 5) Fill in 4 fields; Give unique descriptor for "display name" (ie.
> username-external domain); say OK on dialogs.
>
> 6) Press "next", press "Modify", select "SMTP Address", enter
> internet E-mail adderess on next panel, Say "OK", "Next", "Finish"
>
> 7) Go to "users" area in ADUC and right click/properties on acct for
> new contact just created.
>
> 8) goto "Exch General" tab, "Delivery Options" button, check "Forward
> to" radio button, "modify" button, enter user name for search, select
> new contact address.
>
> 9) Unique "Display Address" should appear in "Forward to" area,
> decide if need to check "Deliver to both...." check box.
>
> 10) Press OK on all dialogs to go back to ADUC.
>
> 11) Test & Done
>
> Dougf
>
> "Chris Lehr" wrote:
>
>> You need to create a contact in AD and then forward to that (which will 
>> then
>> allow you to pick from the GAL)
>>
>> "Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Mark,
>> >
>> > It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD 
>> > accts
>> > and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
>> > Dougf
>> >
>> >
>> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>> >
>> >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
>> >> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >Hi Folks,
>> >> >
>> >> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for 
>> >> >example
>> >> >to
>> >> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
>> >> >
>> >> >Please advise as to how to do this.
>> >> >Thanks, Dougf
>> >>
>> >> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
>> >> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
>> >> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
>> >> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
>> >>
>> >> If you just want the email to go to one location
>> >> Delete the account.
>> >> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
>> >> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
>> >> @ on the SMTP address.
>> >> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
>> >> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
chris.lehr (58)
2/16/2007 1:10:33 PM
Chris,

Yes, it's working fine now.

Dougf

"Chris Lehr" wrote:

> So you have it working properly at this point?
> 
> 
> "Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A0BE8C49-B718-4857-9675-C077F71D2288@microsoft.com...
> > Sorry, left out step 6. See new proceedure below.
> >
> > 1) Open "Active Directory Users and Computers" ADUC ( all steps are
> > completed in this tool).
> >
> > 2) Create new Org Unit in Domain; call "Internet Contacts" for
> > example.
> >
> > 3) Select new Org Unit folder.
> >
> > 4) Right click the blank right pane, select new, select contact.
> >
> > 5) Fill in 4 fields; Give unique descriptor for "display name" (ie.
> > username-external domain); say OK on dialogs.
> >
> > 6) Press "next", press "Modify", select "SMTP Address", enter
> > internet E-mail adderess on next panel, Say "OK", "Next", "Finish"
> >
> > 7) Go to "users" area in ADUC and right click/properties on acct for
> > new contact just created.
> >
> > 8) goto "Exch General" tab, "Delivery Options" button, check "Forward
> > to" radio button, "modify" button, enter user name for search, select
> > new contact address.
> >
> > 9) Unique "Display Address" should appear in "Forward to" area,
> > decide if need to check "Deliver to both...." check box.
> >
> > 10) Press OK on all dialogs to go back to ADUC.
> >
> > 11) Test & Done
> >
> > Dougf
> >
> > "Chris Lehr" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to create a contact in AD and then forward to that (which will 
> >> then
> >> allow you to pick from the GAL)
> >>
> >> "Dougf" <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Mark,
> >> >
> >> > It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD 
> >> > accts
> >> > and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
> >> > Dougf
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
> >> >> <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >Hi Folks,
> >> >> >
> >> >> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for 
> >> >> >example
> >> >> >to
> >> >> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >Please advise as to how to do this.
> >> >> >Thanks, Dougf
> >> >>
> >> >> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
> >> >> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
> >> >> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
> >> >> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
> >> >>
> >> >> If you just want the email to go to one location
> >> >> Delete the account.
> >> >> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
> >> >> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
> >> >> @ on the SMTP address.
> >> >> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
> >> >> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Dougf (11)
2/16/2007 7:11:05 PM
On Feb 16, 2:11 pm, Dougf <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Yes, it's working fine now.
>
> Dougf
>
> "Chris Lehr" wrote:
> > So you have it working properly at this point?
>
> > "Dougf" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >news:A0BE8C49-B718-4857-9675-C077F71D2288@microsoft.com...
> > > Sorry, left out step 6. See new proceedure below.
>
> > > 1) Open "Active Directory Users and Computers" ADUC ( all steps are
> > > completed in this tool).
>
> > > 2) Create new Org Unit in Domain; call "Internet Contacts" for
> > > example.
>
> > > 3) Select new Org Unit folder.
>
> > > 4) Right click the blank right pane, select new, select contact.
>
> > > 5) Fill in 4 fields; Give unique descriptor for "display name" (ie.
> > > username-external domain); say OK on dialogs.
>
> > > 6) Press "next", press "Modify", select "SMTP Address", enter
> > > internet E-mail adderess on next panel, Say "OK", "Next", "Finish"
>
> > > 7) Go to "users" area in ADUC and right click/properties on acct for
> > > new contact just created.
>
> > > 8) goto "Exch General" tab, "Delivery Options" button, check "Forward
> > > to" radio button, "modify" button, enter user name for search, select
> > > new contact address.
>
> > > 9) Unique "Display Address" should appear in "Forward to" area,
> > > decide if need to check "Deliver to both...." check box.
>
> > > 10) Press OK on all dialogs to go back to ADUC.
>
> > > 11) Test & Done
>
> > > Dougf
>
> > > "Chris Lehr" wrote:
>
> > >> You need to create a contact in AD and then forward to that (which will
> > >> then
> > >> allow you to pick from the GAL)
>
> > >> "Dougf" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >>news:FD63D7C0-2EAC-43D0-86C2-EFFA476CBF36@microsoft.com...
> > >> > Hi Mark,
>
> > >> > It seems I've tried this method and it only allows forwarding to AD
> > >> > accts
> > >> > and not outside internet mail accts. Am I missing something?
> > >> > Dougf
>
> > >> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > >> >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf
> > >> >> <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > >> >> >Hi Folks,
>
> > >> >> >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for
> > >> >> >example
> > >> >> >to
> > >> >> >a hotmail or network solutions account.
>
> > >> >> >Please advise as to how to do this.
> > >> >> >Thanks, Dougf
>
> > >> >> If you want to have mail delivered to both places:
> > >> >> Create a mail enabled AD contact.
> > >> >> Go to the delivery options button on the account of the mailbox.
> > >> >> Enter the contact in there as the alternate recipient.
>
> > >> >> If you just want the email to go to one location
> > >> >> Delete the account.
> > >> >> Create an AD mail enabled contact.
> > >> >> Make sure the alias on the contact is what you want to see before the
> > >> >> @ on the SMTP address.
> > >> >> Check that the RUS gave it the right address.
> > >> >> Check that the external address has SMTP in capitals next to it

Cool - thanks for following up here!

0
chris.lehr (58)
2/16/2007 7:21:37 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2
I installed Windows SBS 2003 R2 on a Dell server, everything was working well untill I got the whole network on it. I have about 40 users with mailboxes but a max of 25 users is logon at anytime. The problem I am having is Outlook clients are performing very slow. Other services such as printing and file access are not affected. Now I am wondering if I shouldn't used SBS 2003. I did a little research before going with SBS and found that many people are using SBS2003 with about 40 - 50 users. Here are my Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server Specs 4 160GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD on a RAID 5 confi...

Settings Button (administrator features) Missing in Web Brower Cli
The Settings option in the web Browser client is missing on one machine but not on others. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser and the Setting Button appears. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to correct the problem without deleting all cookies? Mark Nabors Hi Mark, I have noticed this too. It is very frustrating. I have read a post that says that this is a conflict between the web client and the outlook client. I think that the outlook client creates the cookie so that settings does not appear in the web client and not the outlook client. Supposedly this woul...

Can E-mail recipient policy be linked to the OU membership?
Running Exchange 2003 (mixed mode) and Windows 2003 server (Windows 2000 mixed mode): I'd like to create a e-mail recipient policy that is linked to the different OU's that are created on the system. Is it possible to link the policy to a specific OU or do I need to create groups on the AD to control which recipients a policy applies to? Martin Moustgaard Yes, you can create a recipient policy that looks to just a specific OU. It is done through LDAP queries. Here are some references to articles and whitepapers that discuss how to work with recipient policies. 249299.KB.EN-US HO...

Send to certain person using specific email account
I send an email to a certain receipient but don't want to use the default email account. Is it possible that when I send to them (plain text) , that it will choose the other account I want to use to send it? Please advise how I set this up. Thanks. I do not believe that this can be achieved automatically through standard use of Outlook as you need to manually specify the name of the account to send from if different than the default. However, it would be possible using the Outlook object model. An Addin would need to be developed that monitored each mail item prior to sending. If the d...

How disable postmaster reply in exchange 5.5
I receive mail from virus in my Exchange 5.5 with this format name@mydomain with a virus attached My exchange server reply with postmaster with the original mail attached. I think that this is Mydoom virus. Please help me to disable NDR messages for any e-mail sent to an invalid address. Virus send e-mail with field FROM with addres that want attack and my exchange reply with postmaster with the original mail that contain mydoom virus. Excuse me for my bad english. It is not possible to disable generation of NDR with E55. Why not install antivirus for Exchange? ALEX wrote: > I rece...

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange
have SBS2003 Eexchange. users can delegate their folders in Oultook client, but does not have the properties button available after adding users from global address list, to set permissions on folders....the button is grayed out. Do I have to enable this feature somewhere on the server in excahnge manager or AD? ...

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Auto-Forward of Meeting Responses
We are running Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003. After staff realignment, we have an assistant who no longer reports to a manager. The manager has removed the assistant from her calendar shared list. Now when the manager sends a meeting request to various attendees, the assistant is not notified in any way. However when anyone invited to the meeting responds with an acceptance or rejection to attend the meeting, the assistant receives a copy of that response. I've looked in the manager's and assistant's rules and alerts and calendar settings, however I cannot find any setting ...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW
When I receive/send email, it loads sends/receives extremely slow. The percentage indicator when receiving/sending starts at 3-5% and stays that way for awhile. After several minutes, the mail eventually comes through. Any reason for this? ...

Converting Opportunity to Account
How do I convert an Opportunity to a Account? Thanks This is not possible, opportunities are opportunities for existing accounts/contacts. This is why when you convert a Lead to an Opportunity you must select the potential customer also. Regards Dan "circulent" wrote: > How do I convert an Opportunity to a Account? Thanks how would I select a potential customer? does this mean I have to create an account for them as well? it wouldnt make sense since they may not ending up being an account. thoughts? "Dan Quinton" wrote: > This is not possible, opportunities...

OLK 2k7
Outlook is behaving strangly with the "through the selected account" option. Each time I restart Outlook the rule fails. When I go in to check on the rules I get told that the rule is "invalid". and the "SELECTED" account is no longer selected. Each time the criteria the account needs to be selected by changes. For example with the following data Account Name Email Account mailserver.domain1.com user@domain1.com mailserver.domain2.com user@domain2.com One time I go in and it's asking me to select the account ...

Microsoft Exchange Server
I am using Outlook 2003 for my emails from microsoft exchange server. A few days back I neede to reinstall my windows. Everything with the installation and configuration goes fine at my outlook 2003 but I am unable to get back all of my inbox and Sent items from my microsoft exchange server. I can see some of the items in my inbox and some in sent items however a lot of things are still missing. Can anyone help for this problem? Early response is highly appreciated. Thankyou all, Best Regards, Rizwan. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are all messages shown whe...

Multiple copies of email in "Forward to"contact
HIe, I am running Exchnage 2003. My CEO has a conatct in our organisation that refer to his blackberry contact. I have set the forwarding to also keep a copy in his mailbox. What happens is that three copies of his forwarded email hit his blackberry account! Only one hits his internal mailbox. What I ahve determined is that the front end Exchange server seems to be creating the additional copies. Is this how its meant to be (don think so cos its such a nuisance and my CEO keeps complaining about it). How do I tell the front end server that this guy's mail server is the one that...

Setting up a new e-mail account
I'm trying to set up my yahoo account so that I receive my e-mail messages in my Outlook Inbox. I went to Accounts, and servers, and put in mail.yahoo.com for incoming mail (POP3) and smtp.yahoo.com for outgoing mail (smtp). When I click on the send/receive button I get an error message. Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to set up my yahoo account so that I receive > my e-mail messages in my Outlook Inbox. I went to > Accounts, and servers, and put in mail.yahoo.com for > incoming mail (POP3) and smtp.yahoo.com for outgoing mail &...

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Associating Multiple Existing Contacts to an Account, Until CRM 2.x
I have racked my pea-sized brain for endless days for a way to associate multiple existing contacts (or accounts) to an account. My client has accounts that have many contacts (or accounts) involved at different stages of acquiring a new account. The logical method would be to add a custom attribute with lookup functionality into the existing CRM contact or account objects but this is not possible with CRM 1.x. The resulting UI would allow an end user to associate different contacts (or accounts) to an account. Example: Account: ABC - AccountPhysician: (existing account or con...

Use exchange from a trusted domain
Hi folks, I have domain a and domain b. Domain a is all set upp with exchange etc. Domain b was bought, and they don't have exchange. I have trust between the domains and file sharing and authentication are ok. What we want to do is, make users on domain b and let them use the exchange (on a seperate storage) on domain a. The users on domain b must logon to domain b, but need to have mailbox on domain a. Domain a are running on win2003 and exchange 2003. Domain are running on win2003 with forest and domain ready for exchange. Any advices? thanks in advance, - Bjarni Hi, Thi...

Forwarded messages are not being sent
One of our users is trying to setup his account to forward all messages to his yahoo account. We setup a rule that says keep a copy in his inbox and forward a copy to his yahoo account. The yahoo copy never gets out and message tracking says it is submitted to the categorizer but never gets any farther. What do we need to do? By default rule-based forwards to external recipients are disabled. To change this, go to Exchange System Manager, Global Settings, Internet Message Formats.. There, you can either enable this for all domains (*), or be specific and create a separate policy f...

Change the Exchange Virtual Directory to different website
I would like to remove the exchange virtual directory default website and move it another website which is currently redirecting to the website I want to delete. Meaning rather than logon to OWA as http://www.wheresmylunch.com/exchange (current default website) I want to move to http://www.getyourownsandwich,com/exchange. I am using Exchange 2000 server. Rube You would change the host header on the current website. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply t...

Money 2000 Account Balance Changed Inexplicably
Opening Money 2000, which I've used without problem since late 1999, I noticed that my checking account balance was overstated by almost $2000! I went to the register to see if there was a false transaction entered and it appears that this balance change goes back years with no obvious single entry being the culprit. When I run the "balance this account" function, it shows that the closing balance from my last statement, which was correct and rectified, is now also wrong and reflects the higher balance. What do I do now? The only thing that I can think of is to restore...

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

I want to add a mail account without setting a SMTP server. Is it possible?
I want to add a second mail account that is outside my company. Since the company firewall does not allow us to connect to SMTP-servers I want to add this account without setting the SMTP propertiy. I cannot specify the company server as it is an Exchange server and the outside one an IMAP one. Currently I have specified the outside SMTP server since outook does not allow me to add an account wihtout setting this. I keep getting annoying error messages as my computer can't connect to the outside SMTP. Any one know a way around this? cheers, mortb The company server has SMTP enabled, u...

Replying to an Outlook e-mail
When replying to e-mail in Outlook, everything works fine. But when I try to reply to an e-mail that has an embedded picture in it, Outlook won't send it. I get the message that the e-mail was sent, but it stays in the outbox and never sends. Any suggestions? -- Jack "Jack Johnson" <hotshotz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:D6C50AC7-EB37-4B54-9611-F9F42F1F1BA0@microsoft.com... > When replying to e-mail in Outlook, everything works fine. But when I try to > reply to an e-mail that has an embedded picture in it, Outlook won't send > it. &...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server
Hi, We're trying to go with 2 seperate 2003 domains, but with only one Exchange 2003 Server. What would be needed for the domain that the Exchange server is not in to access e-mail? We've contemplated having those users use OWA, but would really like them to be able to use Outlook 2003. We're a school district and want to segregate the kids domain from the administration domain, but only have funding for one Exchnage server. Any ideas\help will be appreciated. TIA. Hi, This should explain what it requires: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888 Leif "tj woo...