How to forbid external mails

For some users, I want to forbid them externals mails
Is it possible
How can I do it
Our exchange 5.5 server is not an smtp relay. Externals mails are sent to another smtp server in a group network

Thanks for any help

Ben <maxmolosse@free.fr> wrote:

>For some users, I want to forbid them externals mails.
>Is it possible?

Yes.

Change their SMTP address to someting like user@your.doman.LOCAL

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

E-mail senden
Ich hoffe da� meine E mail Adresse jetzt gespeichert wird, damit ich normal senden kann. joseherbert@live.at ...

Sending "Individual" mails to a group
How can I send mail to everyone in a group, but individually instead o a big email with 35 people in one shot. is there an automatid way to d this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com >-----Original Message----- >How can I send mail to everyone in a group, but individually instead of >a big email with 35 people in one shot. is there an automatid way to do >this? To send meeting notices to members of our association I address an email to a...

external email delayed (Status 4.4.7)
(We're running Exchange2000. Internal IP is NAT-ed to static external IP.) We're trying to send to a recipient (over in Germany) and the messages are not getting through. First we get the following type of notification Action: delayed Status: 4.4.7 And then another "Undeliverable" notification indicating a timeout: "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator." What's different about our setup is that we're using a third-party spam filtering company, which may be creating some issues with Reve...

POP3 Connector passing external To: addresses back to Exchange

OE6 Multiple identities receiving mail on shared computer
In Outlook Express 6, we have several identities sharing one computer. All identities receive all emails directed at any one of the identities. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Please Advise of solution. Post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for some excellent OE assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus,...

New user mail account doesn't appear in the global address list
I recently added a new user account to our domain. His windows account works fine, logs onto outlook fine and can send/receive mail. His account was created from the same template I use to create all of the accounts for employees in that department, so permissions/groups should all be identical. The issue is that he does not appear in the global address list. Any ideas how to get him there? Make sure you are not logged in Outlook Cached mode, try to do a lookup using OWA and see if you can find the new user. Ali "CervalisAdmin" wrote: > I recently added a new user a...

Unread mail = Inbox
My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count. How come? Where are you seeing this count? "PeterJordan" <PeterJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ECEF472-6C88-4C62-958D-C5A4B2927BD7@microsoft.com... > My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count. How come? On the panel at the left headed Mail, I've got a heading labeled Favorite Folders with 4068 messages next to the Inbox heading and 4068 messages next to the Unread Mail heading. Then farther down under All mail folders, then under Personal folders (which is the one that has ...

redirect http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange still failed..
Hi, I followed this KB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 and make sure that the /owaasp directory have no certificate used or encryption and changed the "Custom error" file to the URL - /owaasp/owahttps.asp but I still failed to redirect the http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange. I received this error message : You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer It did redirect this URL - https://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange but the URL - http://mail.abc.com just did not work. Please help.. Thank you....

Send Internal Mail Externally #2
I have a subsidiary that we connect to through a vpn tunnel. They are not a part of our Exchange organization. They use lotus notes for email. We are unable to telnet into their server and we believe that for some reason port 25 is being blocked internally. Is there any way to ensure that email to this subsidiary travels externally rather than internally? We are running Exchange 2003 sp2 on W2K3 server sp1. There is no lotus notes connector of any kind. All email directed to them is sitting in the queue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. CK Hello Chris, You can create an SMTP c...

Getting external data filters
I have successfully generated queeries to import data in my spreadsheets, but I don't know if I can or how to do something. My filtering data can change because it is personnel based, so I want to know if I can generate a queery that will allow the user to define the filters without having to redo the queery every time someone moves out of the respective work section or a new person joins. Basically, can I have a data entry area for them to list employees and have a queery reference this list to sort out the new data for only those people? Is there another way to do it? I am learning a...

Using Outlook 2003 to check netscape mail.
I want to use MS Outlook 2003 to check my netscape mail. I setup the account in MS Outlook for to check netscape mail and it says that it can't log onto the server. Is there anyone who can give me any information on how to fix this? jakebraucht@yahoo.com Won't work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jake asked: | I want to use MS Outlook 2003 ...

Calendar-generating e-mail
I have multiple expiry dates for rate changes that are set up on my calendar that others need to be reminded of also. Is there a way to tie the calendar entries to automatically generate an e-mail reminder to those who need to be reminded? What version of Outlook? There are things you could do, but it depends on the version of outlook. There are tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/AddIns/calendar_reminder.asp that can forward reminders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sl...

Tracking e-mail stats with SNMP
Is is possible to track the number of mails sent/received with SNMP? MGMT would like to post this information to our corporate intranet site, and I'm not sure how to do it.. Thanks, Steve On 4 Sep 2005 20:13:23 -0700, steve@foutty.org wrote: >Is is possible to track the number of mails sent/received with SNMP? >MGMT would like to post this information to our corporate intranet >site, and I'm not sure how to do it.. > > Thanks, > Steve Not with SNMP. You could do some logging on the SMTP and use a 3rd party solution to interpret those results for i...

Backing up or copying mail folders
I have many mesages in my email folders that I want to backup to a CD but I cannot find out how to do it. When I go to "Help" it simply tells me to backup to a floppy but I cannot find a copy key to do this. JBRARE ...

using windows mail
when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 OX800cccoe Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F393030B-D730-4AE9-8BD4-856087C52EA6@microsoft.com... > when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 > OX800cccoe > Jeanne, try Meghan's reply up abo...

Question about the duplicate mail
Do anyone have the question about the duplicate mail? I have question on it. When I send mail to two same address, the receiver will only receive one copy. (For example: I send mail to person 'A', 'B'. And 'B' will forward to 'A'). In the past(I have use another mail server), 'A' will receive two copy. Now (using exchange server) 'A' will receive only one copy. In the case, is it normal for exchange, or is there any option to set exchange server to receive two copy. This is normal. Prevents multiple copies when sending to multiple disti...

VBA Interfering with Email Addresses in Mail Merge?
Hi I am using Doug Robbins' MVP email merge with attachments solution for Outlook using VBA. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm All works fine unitl the actual merge to the addresses where Outlook seems to be interfering and entering email addresses for some of the contacts rather than using the addresses specified in Dougs' solution. Not sure but it seems like the addressesit's picking on are for people for whom I hal;ready have contact data in Outlook. Problem is, there is often a mismatrch of email data between Outlook and speciif...

Receiving e-mails from my own server
Network: Windows NT 4, Exchange 5.5 (host our own mail server), workstations-windowsxp with outlook 2000 Problem: I received an e-mail from myself. It had my address in the from line (this wasn't the scary part). When I looked at the option I get this "Received: from co-colspgs-2-u2-b5-25.clspco.adelphia.net ([24.55.97.25]) by mydomain.ca with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2650.21)" It's as if the person is using my e-mail server to send mail to myself. How can this be? I've had this server running for over 5 years and now I'm get...

Unresolved external with custom build of MFC71.DLL
Hi, I have build a custom version of the MFC71 and the MSVCRT dll and now I am trying to link this with my C++ projects. But I got a lot of unresolved externals like error LNK2001: Nichtaufgelöstes externes Symbol "public: virtual long __thiscall CWnd::put_accValue(struct tagVARIANT,unsigned short *)" (?put_accValue@CWnd@@UAEJUtagVARIANT@@PAG@Z) I think the problem is that this an some other functions are missing in src/mfc/intel/mfc71.def What can I do? Is there a download page where I can get a corret file. Sounds like you enjoy living dangerously. As far as I know,...

receiving mail from comcast
I recently set up Win Live Mail, after buildiing a new computer with Win 7 on it. I use Comcast as my mail client and with xp never had any issues. I set up Live w/ Comcast and all SEEMED well. Today I am away so I used my laptop to log into comcast.net and have 144 new messages, some dating back to two weeks ago. Some of these messages I have received in Live, read and deleted but most haven't made it to Live. Any ideas? Thanks Ed On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:05:01 -0800, hog1340 wrote: > I recently set up Win Live Mail, after buildiing a new computer with Win 7 on > i...

duplicate e-mails #2
All of a sudden, on one of my e-mail accounts (I have 2), I'm getting two of every e-mail. This is a second account that I set up rules for - anything with that particular e- mail addy goes into a special folder. It's just been the last few days this has been happening . . . . it worked fine before. Any suggestions would be great!! Jan ...

Deleting e-mails on a pop3 server
I am trying to configure outlook so that it deletes the e-mails on my pop3 account (gmail) when I delete them in outlook, to save having to do it twice but struggling to get outlook to do it. I have made sure the "leave message on server" is unticked but it is still not deleting them I am using Office 2007 on Vista x64 Any help truly appreciated After you unchecked that option did you shut Outlook down and even try to reboot and see if that new setting holds when opening Outlook after -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Office 2003
When flagging e-mail, it usually pops up in the reminder box. Some received e-mail will not do this. Why will some, and not others? Mary Woodrow <Mary Woodrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When flagging e-mail, it usually pops up in the reminder box. Some > received e-mail will not do this. Why will some, and not others? Is the email in one of your main folders? -- Brian Tillman Yes, it's in my main IN box. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Mary Woodrow <Mary Woodrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When flagging e-mail, it usually p...

wont send windows mail: heres the message
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was . Subject 'BitTorrent - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com', Account: 'shawmail', Server: 'shawmail.wp.shawc...

Embed image for mail merge
I have an excel file of product information and I want to add an image to each, then mail merge it with a catalog letter. Is there a way to associate each image with a particular product number so that I can effect the merge? Thanks! ...