How to "expire" items in some folders?

Hello,

This is my problem: whe are ready to deploy exchange 2003 and we also use
GFI MailEssentials as an antispam solution. The spam mail gets directed to
the "Junk Mail" folder by the antispam software at the server level, some
spam that goes thru is catched by outlook 2003 junk mail filters, so the
entire anti-spam setup seems to work ok, but the problem is that nobody is
cleaning up the junk email folders and I am worry it will grow forever. I
thought of setting up outlook client based rules but a large number of users
access the server using OWA only. How can I clean the Junk folder for all
the users and delete everything that is older than 3 days?

Thanks,
Marcelo Cabrera.

You should be able to setup a Mailbox Manager Policy and add the Junk Mail
folder to the policy. You can set an age limt in the policy.

Take a look at:

319188 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control Mailboxes in Exchange 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319188

HTH
--
David Dee
daviddee@online.microsoft.com

****** Disclaimer ******

"Marcelo Cabrera" <marcelo_cabrera@tanagraphics.com.nospam> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> This is my problem: whe are ready to deploy exchange 2003 and we also use
> GFI MailEssentials as an antispam solution. The spam mail gets directed to
> the "Junk Mail" folder by the antispam software at the server level, some
> spam that goes thru is catched by outlook 2003 junk mail filters, so the
> entire anti-spam setup seems to work ok, but the problem is that nobody is
> cleaning up the junk email folders and I am worry it will grow forever. I
> thought of setting up outlook client based rules but a large number of
users
> access the server using OWA only. How can I clean the Junk folder for all
> the users and delete everything that is older than 3 days?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcelo Cabrera.

0
daviddee (11)
1/14/2004 3:59:56 PM
Thanks,

That worked great.

Marcelo.

"David Dee (MSFT)" <daviddee@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You should be able to setup a Mailbox Manager Policy and add the Junk Mail
> folder to the policy. You can set an age limt in the policy.
>
> Take a look at:
>
> 319188 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control Mailboxes in Exchange
2000
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319188
>

> HTH
> --
> David Dee
> daviddee@online.microsoft.com
> "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only."
>
> ****** Disclaimer ******
rights.

> "Marcelo Cabrera" <marcelo_cabrera@tanagraphics.com.nospam> wrote in
message
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is my problem: whe are ready to deploy exchange 2003 and we also
use
> > GFI MailEssentials as an antispam solution. The spam mail gets directed
> > the "Junk Mail" folder by the antispam software at the server level,
some
> > spam that goes thru is catched by outlook 2003 junk mail filters, so the
> > entire anti-spam setup seems to work ok, but the problem is that nobody
is
> > cleaning up the junk email folders and I am worry it will grow forever.
> > thought of setting up outlook client based rules but a large number of
> users
> > access the server using OWA only. How can I clean the Junk folder for
all
> > the users and delete everything that is older than 3 days?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marcelo Cabrera.

Best Expired domain finder
Find expired domains with the best software: http://www.antssoft.com The best domain names are already taken. But with expired domain software you can find the best domain names like: -------------------------------- http://www.beyx.com http://www.c6d.de http://www.fyq.us http://www.gv0.net http://www.j1o.de http://www.aj0.net http://www.3tt.de http://www.3ss.de http://www.aryh.com http://www.qym.us http://www.f6x.de http://www.60n.de http://www.7ix.de http://www.k9m.de http://www.4bx.de http://www.9kk.de http://www.bx0.net http://www.0ol.de http://www.w6x.de http://www.xub.us ----== Pos...

OWA error 403 with expiring or expired password
Hello, If I log onto OWA with an account that the password will expire in 14 days or less, I get the error 403, you are not authorized to view this page. If I click on refresh it lets me in. Any ideas? Thank you. Anybody? "Greg Mulato" wrote: > Hello, > If I log onto OWA with an account that the password will expire in 14 > days or less, I get the error 403, you are not authorized to view this page. > If I click on refresh it lets me in. Any ideas? > > Thank you. I'm having a similar problem, did you find a solution? "Greg Mulato"...

Function to find expired information
I am trying to create a function which will let me know when a particular date has passed or expired. For example, a person has insurance which expires on 4/30/06 - I want something that will let me know on 4/31/06 that that person's insurance is expired. Maybe also create a macro that will automatically filter all the expired's. Is there anyway to do this? I tried VLOOKUP, I tried an IF function, but I'm just not sure exactly how to write this. Thanks a million! take a look at conditional formatting: Select the column with the dates Format>Conditional Formatting ...

Money 2005 Free trial expired
My trial version of money 2005 international has expired. I am stuck offshore and need to purchase a license, is there a site that lets you purchase and download a licence online rather than buying physically from a shop? http://www.microsoft.com/money/order.aspx kip "ensco" <ensco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231DFD9E-9BDB-43D4-A231-8DD08C02ACC3@microsoft.com... > My trial version of money 2005 international has expired. I am stuck > offshore > and need to purchase a license, is there a site that lets you purchase and > download a lice...

Can Out of Office be set to expire at a specific date and time?
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. Also reply to max.herron@l-3com.com Thanks, Max herronm <herronm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP. I'd like to set my Out of Office > message to expire automatically. I can never remember to turn it off. I don't think this is possible. However, how can you not remember to turn it off when it tells you it's on every time you start Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

why is microsoft word word 2007,saying expired when i just instal
hi, i just installed microsoft word 2007 trial for 60 days yesterday, when i open it and a page comes up saing it has expired n convert to full one Is the the first time you installed the trial? You only get one trial. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "qumar...

MS Office 2007 trial
I downloaded a MS Office 2007 trial, but it says that it expired in 2002. I may need to buy MS Excel for one spreadsheet, so the trial was an ideal way to test that theory. However, it refuses to run because it thinks that it expired on 31st Dec 2002 (five years earlier than the 2007 date of the software!) I've put the screenshots at http://steve-parker.org/urandom/comment.php?title=Microsoft+Office+2007+trial+-+expires+2002&art=844 "steveparker" <steveparker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C9E4C54-4DDB-410B-8B19-58333575EB9D@micr...

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

OWA password expire bar
How do i enable those function in OWA2003. I got an Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 Sp1 up and running. I enabled the IISADMPWD on IIS and all users can change the password thru IISADMPWD. But, if I reset a password on an user account with the option that the user must change the password at the next logon, the end user is not allowed to logon through the OWA with the reset password. Any solutions to that? Also i seek the "The Password expire bar to OWA 2003" - anyone? Regards JHK ...

Online Services Expired in Money 2007
Has anyone been experiencing the issue where Money 2007 is stating that online sevices have expired? Has anyone been able to resolve this issue other than creating a new file? Thanks, Rick H. On Sep 9, 11:26 am, Rick H. <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone been experiencing the issue where Money 2007 is stating that > online sevices have expired? Has anyone been able to resolve this issue > other than creating a new file? > > Thanks, > > Rick H. This just happened to me starting yesterday. I opened a ticket with Microsoft they said to "...

what happens when a digital certificate expires
I think I'm forced to digitally sign my ClickOnce manifest and assembly for a windows forms application (see yesterday's post, 'click once deployment cannot continue'. This seems like a stupid question, but in all the articles I've read, I can't find what happens to a user when the digital certificate expires. Does the application just fail? Am i going to be scrambling to acquire a new certificate and publish updates signed with the new certificate? Will the application automatically update to the new version with the new certificate, once it is publis...

the semaphore timeout expired
Hello, I have One exchange 2003 and i added a second one in the same domain just because i was getting close to the 16GB limit. now, when i send an e-mail from server2 to server1, it stays in the queue and only for users of the company. For external e-mail server2 goes directly outside. I get an error: "the semaphore timeout has expired". I excluded the exchange directory from the antivirus realtime protection so that can't be the problem. Sometimes it works when i restart the server so i think it's getting corrupt or something but i have no idea. the logging is not gi...

Grace period expired on sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 migration.
I ran my first 2003 to 2008 migration and everything went slowly but smoothly. I didn't quite finish the migration. All I had left was to uninstall exchange 2003 and demote the 2003 server. I got tied up out of town and lost track of this project and now I'm in a situation where the 21 day grace period is expired and I need to finish the migration because the source server is shutting off and taking exchange and the other services with it. Is there anything I can do to finish this project short of a reinstall? Any advice is appreciated greatly! scott <sco...

Why do Online Services Expire
Why do online services expire? I'm connecting to my bank or whatever, it doesn't make sense and its like Microsoft forces you to update. It's working fine why fix whats not broken? Because the process costs $$$$ and MS is not a philanthropic institution. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Anthony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:66rri3p2igoohogf8p9lvj5cjg03mao67n@4a...

Change Domain Password: Your domain account has expired
Home network My Laptop a HP Vista sp2, I am a user with admin priveledges my wife's pc win2k Had the network for some time and was always able to access my wifes pc from my vista laptop but I havent done so for some time I'm about to move her data to an xp m/c and was about to do some file moves from my vista laptop When I went to access my wifes pc via the network I received a dialog box headed 'change domain password' Well I have never intentionally asked for pwords to be renewed so can't imagie why vista is asking me this so entered my existing pword a...

SQL Server Timout Expired
Hi, We have an issue where this SQL server timout expired message is appearing when we open calendar appointments, created by one particular person. Any ideas? Thanks It sounds like either: 1. The SQL operation to retrieve the appointment is working OK, but taking more than 30 seconds. I cannot immediately think of a good, though I've met similar performance problems with activities before - most commonly with unresolved email addresses, which can occur if the appointment were converted from Outlook. 2. There is a SQL locking problem To diagnose further, I'd suggest either: I...

If before today's date insert Expired
Hi Everyone, Using Access 2003. I have a query with 5 fields. I have created an expression to insert words if the CredentialExpirationDate is after a 1/1/2050 it inserts "No Expiration" or if the date in the CredentialExpirationDate field is today or before I want it to insert "Expired" all other dates are as entered I am having trouble with the last part today or before. I have tried various things I have pulled from other posts but I keep getting an error. This is my most recent <Now(). Credential Expiration: Switch([CredentialExpirationDate]&g...

Office 2007 trial expired immediately due to prior Office 2003
I attempted to install a trial version of Office 2007 Pro, and the activation wizard said "Your trial period expired on December 31, 2002". This PC is Windows XP machine, new in about year 2005, where the machine already had an expired trial version of Office 2003 installed. I was using the expired Office 2003 trial as a file viewer and never activated the 60-day trial period for it. When installing the Office 2007 Pro trial, I selected the option to remove the older version of Office, which worked successfully. Now when I start any Office app, the activation wizard say...

How to make this pasword will expires in 15 days
Hello, This is my VBA for pasword in the textbox, How can I make it expires in 15 days after they 1st run it in their computer. Private Sub txtPassword_AfterUpdate() If Me.txtPassword = "hfs1754" Then 'Do something DoCmd.Close DoCmd.OpenForm "Switchboard" Else MsgBox "Password yang dimasukkan salah" 'Do something else DoCmd.Close End If End Sub Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:51:02 -0700, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >This is my VBA for pasword...

Any news yet on what's expected when copies of MS Money expire?
Just wondering if there has been any updates as to what the users of money are expected to do when their copies of money expire? I've read to keep a watch on this site, as well as within money as to what to do, but I haven't seen anything here, nor has there been anything coming from within money except an offer to switch to Quicken 2010 - Yuk, do not want to do that. This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility of having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our systems. Thanks for any and all comments. Microsoft has ...

Password Expire Notifications via Email
Is it possible with an off-the-shelf product? We have lots of remote POP3 email users. I've been asked to enable the expire password option for ALL AD user accounts. However, these POP3 users will not be notified when their passwords are about to expire. We are using Windows 2003 server / AD and Exchange 2003. Thanks, George Script it and schedule it to run on DCs. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "George Evans" <noreply@gevans-co.net> wrote in message...

"ghost" expired messages in queues
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise on Windows Server 2003, 2-node A/A cluster behind a front-end server. A couple of weeks ago, we migrated to a new SAN for the cluster resources and Exchange databases/logs. Since then, I have seen several outbound queues in System Manager that contain only expired messages in a QUEUED state. There is no sender indicated, and Properties doesn't offer any more information. I cannot delete these messages. I have seen the same type of "ghost" messages before, but they always seemed to be shadows of other messages in the same queue, and...

Deleting expired messages
I just discovered the flag to set for how long deleted messages will be retained. Now I need to know how to have it remove the deleted messages that are beyond that time period. "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just discovered the flag to set for how long deleted messages will be retained. Now I need to know how to have it remove the deleted messages that are beyond that time period. That happens automagically. It's a fucntion of the IS Maintenance Tasks that run periodiclly. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://w...

Error: Deletion Service failed to cleanup expired notifications.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C7EE25.14172410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am getting this error in a clients App. Eventviewer every 2 hours. ------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event Category: None Event ID: 16389 Date: 03-09-2007 Time: 11:15:26 User: ...

Online Services Expired Today
Today, 8/11/2009, my online services for Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe expired. While I can no longer automatically download bank transactions, stock quotes and news I can manually download transactions from the bank and credit card web sites to update my transactions in MM. Thank you. That's good to know as many of us Plus Deluxe users will have our online services expire during the next six months. -- Peace, BobJ "Ron" <ronco@nomail.com> wrote in message news:uJuofDpGKHA.4432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Today, 8/11/2009, my online services for Microsoft Money...