how to enable sending of .exe file

By default for Exchange 2003  blocked users from sending those .exe file, how
to disable it?
0
jenson (1)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson
<jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>By default for Exchange 2003  blocked users from sending those .exe file, how
>to disable it?

Its an Outlook issue, not an exchange one.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm#ol2002

0
adavid (8731)
11/12/2005 1:57:59 PM
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson
<jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>By default for Exchange 2003  blocked users from sending those .exe file, how
>to disable it?

Exchange probably isn't blocking the attachments unless you have Small
Business Server which can be so configured.
Google for "Level1Remove"
This is an Outlook setting that enables you to add suffixes fo that
they don't get blocked by the client.

0
mark7219 (5666)
11/12/2005 2:02:10 PM
Bad idea IMO.  Even if you modify Outlook to allow you to send .exe files,
you'll find that most people will not be able to receive them anyway.
Certainly anyone else using Outlook will not get them,  and many mail admins
have blocked them at the AV-layer as well.  Teach your users to send them as
zip files.

-GT
"jenson" <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> By default for Exchange 2003  blocked users from sending those .exe file,
> how
> to disable it?

0
GT

Here is fix for Windows file problems

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

can't send or receive emails

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Outlook receiving zip files

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

Enabling IMAP cluster
I need to allow my Exchange 2003SP1 mailbox servers run IMAP. I need that in order to work with MailEssentials Public Folder features. When I try to enable IMAP in my active Cluster Node, it says that I need to create a resource for IMAP. Can you point me to documentation on how to create such cluster resource ? Use Cluster Administrator and just go to Exchange virtual server you want to support IMAP clients and select new resource and find IMAP in the list. However, you may need to enable the Exchange IMAP service first. With E2k3 IMAP and POP ares disabled by default (go to services...

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

no access to send internet email

Re: teach me how to send friends email