How to enable auto mail for AD password expiration

Hi All,

Need help I having win2k ads and win2k exchange. I need help when user
password comes for expiration within 5 or 6 days then my server send auto
mail to that perticular user that your password will expiring in 5 days or
so. Anyone can help me please.

Thanking you.

Yours truly,
Vicky

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:52:52 +0530, "Vikram Samnt"
<vicky_samant@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Need help I having win2k ads and win2k exchange. I need help when user
>password comes for expiration within 5 or 6 days then my server send auto
>mail to that perticular user that your password will expiring in 5 days or
>so. Anyone can help me please.
>
>Thanking you.
>
>Yours truly,
>Vicky

But they will already get a message saying their password will expire.
It comes up on their screen and they have to actually say yes or no to
it. If they select no, what makes you think they'll react to an email
any more than the on screen prompt?

0
mark7219 (5666)
1/11/2006 7:08:35 AM
Remote users may not get notified by Windows UI - most cases they're already
logged into Windows using cached credentials before they connect to the vpn,
and if they're not using a MS VPN solution (using Cisco VPN for instance)
they won't see the password expiration notification at all.

I've used a script in the past that looked up AD for passwords expiring in X
number of days and sent them a personalized email stating when their
password will expire and how important it is to change passwords, et al. You
simply set it to run frequently as a Scheduled Task and it'll take care of
this.

Please email me offline (FirstnameLastname at hotmail) and I can send you a
modified version for general use.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Vikram Samnt" <vicky_samant@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Need help I having win2k ads and win2k exchange. I need help when user
> password comes for expiration within 5 or 6 days then my server send auto
> mail to that perticular user that your password will expiring in 5 days or
> so. Anyone can help me please.
>
> Thanking you.
>
> Yours truly,
> Vicky

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Adding Rental Property to MS Money 2007
Hi; I am a new user to money. I have one rental house. What is the best way to add it to ms money to track income and expenses? I am looking for something very basic. I have managed it for the last ten years on paper and have always done my own taxes. Thanks for any help Pat I am thinking of adding a new "Bank Account" called 310 Judy (The address of the house). Then my rental income would be deposits to the account and my expences would be the withdrawls. Is this a viable option or am I going to run into problems later? Thanks Pat So why change? "komobu" <curra...

System password #3
I have a problem when i try to change my system password. Because i write the new password then GP show me that message: The system password hass been modified since you opened the window, changes won't be saved. Hello, Someone else must have the system password. So, While you are trying to change the password, simultaneously, someone are logging into the system with the same. So, You got the message. Try it after no one is accessing the same -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Consulta" wrote: > I have a problem when i try to change m...

VBA password recovery?
Hi Does anyone know where I can get a free password breaker for Visual Basic? I have a code at work we need to crack ASAP but the guy can't remember his password. Thanks Nick Nick: I guess you got a bit swamped! Ken Bovey at appspro.com has a bunch of Utilities 1.5 which includes cracker of a program for worksheet passwords. I assure you, it works. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Trial Period Expired
I am using Win2003. The installation was all under the Project server 2007 CD, including sharepoint services, sql 2005 express and project server 2007. After the patching I received an error "Trial Period Expired" when I looked up this error from the web, there was a know problem on the office service patch 2. I try the KB Hot fix, it didn't work. I also try to rekey my product code. but under the sharepoint services, the product key was protected. I am not able to rekey it. If I reinstall, the office service patch 2 will be required to reinstall. How can I overc...

out of the blue one day my outlook 2000 quit receiving mail
Out of the blue my outlook stop receiving e-mails and so I opend another account and it works fine I also reinstalled the account and still get an error. I then proceded to outlook express and setup my account in their and it works fine but still can not pull my mail from outlook 2000 but can send mail and works fine and of course i can still receive with the other account. what type of accounts are you using? Are you using Outlook 2000 in Corp or internet mode? See help, about if unsure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneN...

expired item
What is the definition of an expired item in Outlook? Where are you seeing this message, and what version of Outlook? Lynn wrote: > What is the definition of an expired item in Outlook? ...

adding up COMMENTS
I have a number of comments in some of my cells Example :Sugar=200 salt=12 candy=400 Is there a way to add up all these number(200+12+400) and place the number 612 in the cell where the comments are held? Thanks You can see from the lack of replies that this is not normally done, certainly not by a formula. Comments are generally just that - comments about the data in the cells. However, I had a go writing a macro. I hope that you don't mind. I've just got it working (Two comments). Press Alt + F11, Insert, Module and copy the code into the Module. Close the VB editor and with t...

Advanced find for Contacts that have no e-mails in their history
Hello people, I am trying to define an (advanced) find for Contacts that have no e-mails in their history. I've been trying out a couple of things, but I don't immediately see how this can be done (if it can be done !). Any suggegstions ? Many thanks in advance... Regards, Mav. Euro, Yes I actually JUST had a similar situation. What you can do is create a marketing list and add everybody to it by using advanced find and adding your entire pool of contacts. If it's your entire database then just add your entire database. Then run the manage members again but using adv...

adding a picture!
If I try to click on the "picture" tab while creating an account there is some error! and I cannot do anything.. What should I do? Hi Cokbulan, Serdar, By default there is no picture tab on the account screen. You should contact your crm partner for fixing this issue. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Cokbulan, Serdar" wrote: > If I try to click on the "picture" tab while creating an account there is > some error! and I cannot do anything.. What should I do? > > > ...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

Outlook crashes when promoting mail
Hi group, we have a problem with one of our SFO-Installments. When the user tries to promote am mail to CRM, Outlook dies and wants to send an error report. This is the first installation, where this happens. All other features in SFO work well, also the Web-Client. We've tried several times to re-add the Com-AddIn, re-install SFO but it still won't do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Michael Erl _____________________________________ PENTASYS Gesellschaft f�r Informationstechnologie mbH R�desheimer Str. 9 81477 M�nchen Tel. 089/57952-0 Fax. 089/57952-399 http://www.pentasys.de E...

Decrypting Passwords
I am going to write some VBA on a modfied form that requires the user to enter a password to accomplish the task. Manufacturing is installed. Within manufacturing there is a Process Security window that is used to set security for various tasks within the manufacturing windows. I would like to use this functionality instead of hardcoding a password into my code. However, I am having trouble figuring out how to convert the binary data of the password field (table is SYSPS0100 in DYNAMICS) to a string so that I can compare what the user enters with the password in the table. ...

Auto Filter and Protection
I'm using Excel 2002 and was having trouble using the AutoFilter function when I protected my worksheet even though I chose that option to be available to users. I have since realized that in order for this to work, you have to first put the autofilter on the cells you would like filtered and THEN protect the sheet. You can't protect it and then put the AutoFilter on. So for me, everything is working fine now. My problem is that the rest of the organization is using Excel 97 and when they enter into the spreadsheet, they are still not able to drop down the boxes of the autofilter. ...

mail box management
Hi All., Can anyone tell me how i can get exchange to delete all e- mails from everyones deleted items folder once a week, ie every saturday. Thanks In what version ???? Sorry! exchange 2k. we are also using group policy but i cant find anyting in here. I do know there is a client setting but i would really like to run it from the server. >-----Original Message----- >In what version ???? >. > Hello Nic In ESM, create a new Recipient Policy (type Mailbox Management) make sure the LDAP filter you uses includes all and only all (not Public Folders etc .. by mistake) user m...

new mail messsage under word
Dear All, I'm using outlook office 2003 SP1. Previously before upgrading to SP1, whenever i click on new mail message , it would open under ms. word as the mail was checked for ms word as editor in Mail Format. It is now opening within outlook itself the new mail messsage. Unlike previously it would open in Ms. Word in a different taskbar ( can differiantiate between inboxes and new mail messages). Install Office 2003 SP-2. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be del...

Error symchronizing mail acount Hotmail to outlook
I receive error message when trying to retrieve mail from my hotmail to my outloook 2003. There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web. 16:35:20 Error: 4201. Client. Invalid folder name. Any sugestions is greatly appreciated, Thanks "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6055B98A-44B5-4706-906F-431A27786CBA@microsoft.com... >I receive error message when trying to retrieve mail from my hotmail to my > outloook 2003. > > Ther...

Untitled Attachment when receiving mail with embedded image
I receive a message with an attachment entitled "untitled attachment". This message was sent from a Mailer Control via a script that I wrote and was generated with an embedded image. The email message is displayed properly when sent to other email accounts outside of the organization, that is, as a normal HTML email with the embedded image. I have verified that the HTML source code for the email has the correct content id and it has been specified in lower case as Outlook will not read contentID fields in upper case. This doesn't appear to be an invalid code problem that I ca...

Outlook 2003 Mail Filter
Hi all, I have a issues about Outlook mail fiiltering. A user might receive many email with same subject from subordinate everyday, he wanna only receive the first arrive email, then filter out all other same subject incoming email. For example: subject: testing -user1 (to inbox) subject: testing -user2 (to recyclebin) subject: testing -user3 (to recyclebin) subject: testing -user4 (to recyclebin) Is either Exchange or Outlook possible to do so? or need any addin to do that? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH063564671033.aspx -- �ukasz 'pow3r_shell' Olejnik p...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim #2
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. you can only add one at a time. BTW - blocking senders is a poor way to manage spam, especially since there is a limit of about 2000 addresses on the blocked and safe lists combined. -- Diane...

Mail contents are not shown up in OWA
Hello Friends User are not able to see their mail contents, but only the headers in web outlook express. Last week ae restore our exchange database, After that user are going to complain about this Any idea to resolve this issue. Regards Guri Gureey <Gureey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > User are not able to see their mail contents, but only the headers in > web outlook express. There is no such thing as "web Outlook Express". Do you mean "Outlook Web Access"? > Last week ae restore our exchange database, After that user are going > to c...

Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows
I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it out. I have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. I have just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and viruses etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the following error. An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ 5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message ', Port:...

Auto insert Unit of Measure
hi, I'm new to this forum and to Excel in general... I have this question... I'm a creating a spreadsheet to index certai files in a folder. My question is in regards to the one column that want to index the file sizes: I want it to display "x.xx MB" (by default) or "x.xx GB" (if over 100 MB) automatically by just inputing a value in the cell (even tho 1 G is 1024 MB - I think). ex: cell b1= 300 || display: 300.00 MB cell b2=2300 || display: 2.30 GB Now, I know could use this formula [- =if(b1<1000,b1&" MB",(b1/1000)& GB") -] in a ce...

Aarrgghh!!! Can send external mail but not receive it
My customer has one Exchange Server with 2 domains - I'll call them 'companyA.co.uk' and 'companyB.net'. The users for CompanyA are the same people as the users for CompanyB. There is a requirement for these users to send and receive email (they use Outlook) from both their 'companyA.co.uk' and their 'companyB.net' addresses. I acheived this by configuring 2 user accounts per user in Active Directory and then giving one user full control of the other, and by giving one user permissions to view/send as etc on behalf of the other. This worked fine for over...

network password #5
When MS Outlook automatically checks for email it always get a prompt for the primary email and second email address server as follows; "Enter Network Password - Please type your user name and password" The server box is always filled in but I always have to manually type my user name and password. And yes I do always check the box which says "Save this password in your password list". I'm getting very bored of having to do this every five minutes when my MS Outlook checks for mail. How do I sort this problem. ...

Adding variable number of columns
Hi Using Excel 2003 I want to create a formula which will add a varing number of columns together depending on the entry in a particular cell, for a budgeting spreadsheet. For example if I have a year to date total in the 13th column and I was to type January in cell A1 I would want the value in the first column to be displayed in the year to date total (column 13). If I put June in A1 I want the sum of the first 6 columns to be displayed in the YTD total etc for an entire year. I was able to use a nested IF statement last year as there were only 3 months remaining when...