How to: Display Mail Enabled users in the Global Address List

Hi all

I have just moved to an Exchange 2003 installation from an
Exchange 2000 install.

Exchange 2000 would allow outlook(2000,xp,2003) to resolve
the email address of a mail-enabled user as well as the
mailbox enabled user from the global address list.

Exchange 2003 only resolves the email address from the
Global Address List if the user is mailbox-enabled.

How do I enable Exchange 2003 to publish mail-enabled
users to the Global Address List.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Jock

Hi Jock,

The "mailNickname" attribute has to be set on a user object for it to be
mail-enabled.  If this is not set, the user won't show up in the Global
Address List.  You should check in ADSI Edit to see if this user account has
this attribute.  If not, that's why it's not showing up.

Otherwise, to mail-enable a user, go into ADUC, right-click on the user
object, then go to Exchange Tasks.  There you have the option to create an
e-mail address.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Regards,
Colby

--
Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"jock forrester" <j.forrester@ict.ru.ac.za> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have just moved to an Exchange 2003 installation from an
> Exchange 2000 install.
>
> Exchange 2000 would allow outlook(2000,xp,2003) to resolve
> the email address of a mail-enabled user as well as the
> mailbox enabled user from the global address list.
>
> Exchange 2003 only resolves the email address from the
> Global Address List if the user is mailbox-enabled.
>
> How do I enable Exchange 2003 to publish mail-enabled
> users to the Global Address List.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers
> Jock

0
colbyh (100)

Money 2005 Standard payee dropdown list
My list of payees (approx. 30-40) is visible in the payee list but none are there when clicking the dropdown box in the transaction form. Adding a new payee in the dropdown box adds it to the general payee list though. Typing the first letter of a payee will allow the "hidden" payee to appear in the payee field but I wish to see the entire payee list in the dropdown box. Searched settings and setup info without finding solution. The payee list normally shows those payees used in the last year... could any of the ones you don'#t see be ones older that that? It would be...

Get Computer Listing
I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I'm creating a remote installation program using VB.NET 2005 and am looking for a really fast way to scan the computers in my domain and create a listing them in a treeview. Is there a way to grab the computer information in the domain and display it quickly from a central workstation programmatically in VB.net? Thanks On Feb 1, 4:29=A0pm, Sean Winfield <swinfi...@cinci.rr.com> wrote: > I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I'm creating a remote > installation program using VB.NET 2005 and am looki...

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

when selecting contacts from drop down the list is blank
When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" field, all my contacts come up. What needs to be done so all my contacts are visible when I select contacts from the drop down ? Thank you mikebach <it_mikeb@hotmail.com> wrote: > When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and > click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a > letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" f...

Public Folders are blank in Global Address List...
I have a rights problem on publc folders. Domain Admins are able to see public folders in Global Address List but when a Domain user look in the Global Address List all the public folders are blank. I don't know where to look... The OS is Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP1 Thanks! Morten ...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

junk mail #6
I'd like to copy the "junk mail folder" e-mail addresses to another folder outside of outlook. Is there a way to export all the e-mail addresses in the "junk mail folder", or Are these addresses kept in a folder in some Microsoft Office directory that can be accessed. ...

bad mail folder #3
Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder. The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on. I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is spam). Thank you What version of Exchange? You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303 Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no members...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user
Hi I've just loaded the program; am in the process of switching over my old word processing. 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text. This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in some of my friends. Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong. My question is: what am I screwing up? thanks DM In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I've just loaded the program; am...

User not accessed the system since last 2 months
Is there any script available to determine accounts that have not logged in for the past x months. Please provide us the link and and guide line how to use that ? Thanks ...

Unable to display the folder...
Hi! I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000. I am suddenly having the same problem. If you find a solution, could you please post it or, better yet, send it to me. Thank you "M P" wrote: > Hi! > > I just notice that I...

Individual user in my company needs to have a different domain nam
We are using Exchange 2003, one domain, less than 200 users. One user needs to have his e-mail domain name different from the rest of the company. I was wondering if there was a way I could have his domain name appear to be from another non-existant domain name. For example our company domain name is company.com and his domain name needs to be othercompany.com where othercompany.com does not currently exist. Any insight into this question is welcome and appriciated. Thanks, what is the objective? you can change his smtp address, but if he sends out Internet email with a reply address...

distribution list #22
I dont want to show the users names on the to: line when sent. How can I turn this off and just send the name of the distribution list, not the individuals. Wally b <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I dont want to show the users names on the to: line when > sent. How can I turn this off and just send the name of > the distribution list, not the individuals. You can't with a DL. Outlook expands the DL propr to sending. Instead, use Wordmail Merge. -- Brian Tillman ...

Bellsouth.net mail not coming into OL2007
I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into OL2007. Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. I spent 4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are messages that aren't coming to OL2007. The send/receive is just hanging up. Any help is appreciated. You should not change any windows files on the advice of att. Startup files have nothing to do with Outlook. You must have an error in your account or c...

OL03 and Exch 03 with Mail Marshal
Does anyone know if Mail Marshal (or other filtering s/ware) can add the SCL Rating or another marker to emails so that Outlook 03 can automatically put them into the junk mail folder? If so, can the Junk mail settings in Outlook be set by Group Policy or do they need to be pre-done when we upgrade the PC's? cheers Martin ...

Incoming mails from another external domain are lost
Hi, I have a Exchange Front-End & Back-End combination. Front-End Server also has SMTP Relay server and Intelligent Message Filtering. Front-end server is in a DMZ Zone. I have a pix firewall. I got a peculiar problem. One user has complained me saying he has not received a email sent from another company (external domain say xyz.com). I have checked the server logs and the filtered spam emails. I could not see any email from xyz.com in the server logs. Also the sender from xyz.com did not receive any NDR for this mail also. Can anybody help me on this? Regards Ganapathy Is the...

Pivot Table 2007 display field only in Grand Total
Dear Excel experts, I have a Pivot Table (Excel 2007). As an example, the table consists of two Colum Labels (Expense 1 and Expense 2). Values under the Column Labels are Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget. All Values (Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget) are totaled in the Grand Total. However, Management want to see Full Year Budget only in Grand Total (not under Expenses 1 and Expense 2). I was manually hiding those values. Is there a way to automate this? Thanks ...

User's Mailboxes on same server and domain as CRM
Has anyone found a work around to the limitation that the CRM Exchange Router will only route mail from accounts that do not reside in your domain? In other words, if I use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support employees with in my organization, they can not send mail to helpdesk@mydomain.com and have that message routed to a queue w/ in CRM named helpdesk w/ the email address of helpdesk@mydomain.com -- Chris Meredith I am also interested as we would also like to use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support our employees. Darrell "Chris Meredith, CIO" <chris.meredith@allnettek.co...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

Address Book View #3
Hi, I'm trying to make use of the Address Book Views in Exchange 5.5 sp4. Currently I can create a Address Book View, but can't add new contacts into it. I can only use Recipient Containers for addressing. I would like to have an Address Book or Recipient Container that is can be sorted by users' company. So far I managed to create a custom Recipient Container called Internet Recipients which houses all frequently contacted internet customers. I have to prefix them with their company e.g., ABC--Al Bob Microsoft--John Doe Microsoft--Mary Jane Is there a better way of doing ...

Cannot get datagrid to display data
Hi, I have an XML file that I was hoping to use as a database Here is the code that I have copied that should display the data namespace File_Generation_System { public partial class vrholds : Form { public vrholds() { InitializeComponent(); XmlDataDocument xmlDatadoc = new XmlDataDocument(); xmlDatadoc.DataSet.ReadXml("vrdatabase.xml"); DataSet ds = new DataSet("vrdata DataSet"); ds = xmlDatadoc.DataSet; dataGridView1.DataSource = ds.DefaultViewManager; } But what I g...