how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003

We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
heinz.loeffler@t-online.de

in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his
mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.

please advise me what to do
thanks in advance.
vancoillie Jurgen

R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????

"jurgen vancoilie" wrote:

> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
>
> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his
> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
>
> please advise me what to do
> thanks in advance.
> vancoillie Jurgen
0
Padman (11)
8/26/2005 4:01:34 AM
How did you block it?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????
>
> "jurgen vancoilie" wrote:
>
>> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
>> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
>>
>> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but
>> his
>> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
>>
>> please advise me what to do
>> thanks in advance.
>> vancoillie Jurgen

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/26/2005 6:42:12 AM
we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
message delivery
sender filtering
and added the e-mail adress.

regards
jurgen

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> How did you block it?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????
> >
> > "jurgen vancoilie" wrote:
> >
> >> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
> >> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
> >>
> >> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but
> >> his
> >> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
> >>
> >> please advise me what to do
> >> thanks in advance.
> >> vancoillie Jurgen

Please understand that this feature is of limited value because so much in
SMTP can be forged.  I suggest that if this kind of thing is a problem that
you implement IMF or some other antispam filtering solution.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C78495EB-55C5-4438-B5D9-0D2058E48607@microsoft.com...
> we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
> message delivery
> sender filtering
> and added the e-mail adress.
>
> regards
> jurgen
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How did you block it?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/26/2005 4:31:28 PM
"jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
>message delivery
>sender filtering
>and added the e-mail adress.

From where did you get the address? Not from the "From:" header of the
message! You'll have to find the "MAIL FROM:" command used by the
other SMTP server when it submitted the message for delivery. It's the
"MAIL FROM:" command's address that's used when Exchange is instructed
to block an address.

While the "From:" and "MAIL FROM:" may be the same they often aren't.
The Internet's not a secure place.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Exchange 2003
Hi, The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed under the default IIS website. I would like to setup the virtual directories in two newly created website in IIS. I want one website with the OWA vdirs and the other with the OMA vdirs. How can I achieve this. Is there a document/link to help me? Thanks in advance. "al" <al@al.com> wrote in message news:7127ff73ed8b8c8b68cd38161d5@news.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed > under the default IIS website. > I wo...

Problem replicating public folders from 2000 -> 2003 after migration
Hi all We have almost finished migration of our existing Small Business Server 2000 - Exchange Server 2000 (Build 6249.4 SP3) to a new server running Windows Server 2003 (v5.2.3790) and Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise (Build 7226.6 SP1). Migration of mail has completed successfully but we are having a major issue replicating public folders and system information (eg. Offline address book) to the new server. Replication is set up as per microsoft KB article Q307917 and now (several hours later) we are seeing the following under the replication status: Server Name Replication Sta...

Demoting a 2003 Domain Controller Hosting SQL Server
We have a 2-node Windows Server 2003 cluster, with both nodes as domain controllers and running clustered SQL Server 2003. I realise this goes against all good practice, and that is partly why I am trying to do the following. We additionally have two Windows Server 2008 R2 domain member servers, which we wish to make domain controllers. We then wish to demote the two existing WS2003 DCs. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to demote the 2003 DCs whilst they are hosting SQL Server 2003? I can stop the instance service, but I wouldn't want to uninstall SQL Serv...

Outlook 2003 Rules Confusing
I have a series of rules, some dealing with spam filtering and others dealing with organizing mail to different accounts to go into different inboxes. I'm trying to figure out the ordering of rules because the following is happening. An email comes into account X - Rule says move it to Inbox X The same email contains some words identified as spam mail - Rule says move it to Junk Folder Problem: I end up with two copies of email - one in Junk Folder (correct action) and one in my Inbox X (wrong action). It doesn't seem to matter which rule I have first. I would have thought that...

Exchange routing trouble
I have 1 AD forest with a child domain. 1 enterprise mail org with 1 administrative group. Recently we added an exchange server in the child domain, the server is a member of the same administrative group (and thus the same mail org) as the original. The child domain is in a branch office connected by inet VPN tunnel. Probelm: Original server's queue to the new server is filling with a bunch of messages to "new server-IS@mydomain.com" the queue is always in retry. The same occurs in reverse on the new server (messages to "origianl server-IS@mydomain.com") queue is a...

Out of office in exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail connector in exchange server 5.5. Thank you See reply to your later post in here. leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, > there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail > connector in exchange server 5.5...

Exchange Permissions #3
We have a forest with accounts in the root domain and exchange servers in the child domains. There is no exchange server in the root domain. We have setup a group with permissions to set user mailboxes. According to a doc I read the user setting the mailboxes must still have full exchange rights in the exchange admin group. Currently admin can set mailboxes in admin groups they have only view rights delegated to them. Any ideas why this is? The second issue is we had a non admin user run forest prep and somehow was delegated full exchange admin rights over the exchange organization...

Exchange 2003 replication
Dears, I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in the same organaization without using third party software? On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:51:06 -0800, ala <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dears, >I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in >the same organaization without using third party software? Nope. No. Nue "ala" <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DB2FC9-E67A-46D4-A99E-680B3300C6A4@microsoft.com... > Dears, > I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (m...

Outlook 2003 Group View
Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up group by the week instead of the day. Any advice would be appreciated. "Jerry" <Jerry@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9B8E80E2D9C6Ajonseynospamherecom@216.196.97.131... > Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up > group > by the week instead of the day. I don't think that's possible. The "Group By Date" filter will show you "Last Week", "Two Weeks Ago", "Three Weeks Ago", and "Last Month" as well as ...

OWA 2003 Blocking HTM Attachments
I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried following the instructions for registry key settings and the disableattachments setting but still can't download\open them even when i have it set to 0 which should allow all attachments to be opened. Has anyone else had this problem or resolved it? Thanks Jeff Have you restarted the Exchange Services since making this change? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried >following the instruct...

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

SBS 2003, MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store, Error: -1102 Warning
Hi all, I have event warning on the SBS 2003 - MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store. It is only warning but it will nice to have some explanation. Thank you, The log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 30/03/2005 Time: 3:36:35 p.m. User: N/A Computer: MYSERVER Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MYSERVER)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID 2-45000A) Retrying withou...

publisher 2003/color
I know this has been discussed before......... Problem: publisher does not show color while editing, does print the correct color and shows color in print preview. Several people suggested (other threads) that video driver was the problem, well I changed the video drivr, publisher still does not show color!~ Has anyone been able to correct this problem, seems to be fairly common. Any help would be appreciated! Charann Try using a different printer driver as your default. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

5.5 to 2003 Distribution Group ADC
Question: If Distribution Lists contain astrick's in the display name, alias name, directory name, ie: "* All Users", is there any problem with the ADC not being able to replicate to Active Directory/E2k3? I remember reading something a while back on this, but can't find any information on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance! Scott ...

Configuring Outlook2003 for sync with Exchange
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My primary machine is changing from a desktop to a laptop next week. = What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so that I can "work online" = most of the time, but when at specific times [manual selection, = scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my = calendar, tasks, email, contact list, and <if possible>GAL</if possible> = so I can work while no...

Exchange 5.5 The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Ok sorry this is the complete message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. To: Leo Subject: Test Sent: 4/8/2004 5:17:29 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Leo on 4/8/2004 5:17 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=MVCHAMBER;l=MVC5-040409001729Z-863 MSEXCH:IMS:MVCHAMBER:MVCHAMBER:MVC5 3553 (000B09B6) 553 mail rejected due to excessive spam (64.168.156.138) The Echange Server IP is 64.168.156.139 Any ideas??????????? Help! It is blocking sending to anyone@expressnets.com Gen...

money 2003 crashes frequently with Event 1000 and Event 1001
Hi, I have been using money 2003 deluxe edition for about 6 months now, and the program had worked fine till about last week. Then, all of a sudden, the program started crashing with Errors in event log, with Event ID 1000 and 1001 registered. It offers no further details. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing Money 2003. Seems like the problem persists. Please help. Shaikh. ...

active directory, exchange, crm
I am trying to figure out the best way to allocate to minimal amount of hardware the following components: active directory, exchange, crm (1+ installations), virtual server, etc. if I had only 2 actual servers, which one should have active directory, exchange, sql server, crm, virtual servers, etc.Should all CRM instances go onto virtual servers? should I use redundant disk on both servers? Also what is the best approach for windows updates in production environment? could they cause problems, crashes, etc.? I recently had a bugcheck x50 when tried running the security updates that were in...

Install Exchange in another tree in the forest
I have two trees in the forest (leon.local and noel.local) and am trying to install my second exchange server in the second tree (noel.local). The installation program always tells me that it cannot contact the global catalog. The global catalog is in leon.local and I can ping it successfully. If you check the following log, it seems after checking forest prep and domain prep, it goes to the global catalog and check if the domain contains it is domainpreped. It says it is not but obviously it is because I have successfully installed the first Exchange server in leon.local. Any ideas? ...

Where can I find Exchange EventID Descriptions #2
Hello. I need to create software which analyse MSExchange event log on the fact of occurence critical Exchange Server events. But can't find more or less full description of MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000 events. I've tried to find it in MSDN, Exchange SDK - nothing. Where can I find full description of MS Exchange Server events ID's (eventlog). Thanks. have a look at www.eventid.net they have a great event id resource and event monitors Simon "Igor" <igor_bo@pochta.ru> wrote in message news:266001c3e0dd$4e1948e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > I need to cr...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 Public Folders to 2003
I have a small network on NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 that we've decided to replace with Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. We want to use all new hardware so we'll be starting with a fresh 2003 server with no need to connect to the old NT 4.0 server except for transferring data files. I'd like to install a standalone Exchange 2003 and then move the mailboxes (there are only 10) via PST files manually and was hoping I could do the same with the public folders that we use. Although I can move these in PST files the custom forms do not seem to retained so that when I add them to the new 200...

Exchange 2003 and Conferencing?
Does Exchange 2003 have conferencing capabilities? I remember Exchange 5.5 had it with Netmeeting and Exchange 2000 also. But I cannot find anything for Exchange 2003. Please advise. Thanks. Exchange 5.5 did not have any native conferencing capabilities. Exchange 2000 had a component called Conferencing Server. It was removed in Exchange Server 2003. The LiveMeeting hosted service is intended to fill that gap. Exchange 2000 also had a barebones IM implementation - that was removed from Exchange Server 2003 and a separate product called Live Communications Server provides richer IM fu...

Exchange disaster recovery help
I was wondering I have a client thats wants to have a disaster recovery site where if site A goes down site B will be able to handle his mail needs. My real question is can exchange some how replicate the data store to a 2nd site so that site B will have all of the same data in case of a disaster? I know I can do clustering but that would be in the same physical location not in seperate location if I am not mistaken. Any ideas would be great you can also do stretch clustering, which is geographically spanned cluster nodes in different locations...but it is quite expensive and the replica...

RWW, VPN, Exchange connection problems
Running SBS2003 on an HP server. 3 PCs used by onsite staff. 4th PC used for remote access via RWW. Having intermittent connectivity issues. I sign in remotely using an XP workstation w/RWW. I have another PC that I use to access Exchange, and occasionally connect with VPN to access files on the server at the office. I keep getting dropped on RWW with the error "VBScript Remote Desktop Disconnected. An internal error has occurred". When that happens, I also notice that my Oulook client on the other PC shows an error that the connection to Microsoft Exchange has ...