how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003

We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
heinz.loeffler@t-online.de

in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his
mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.

please advise me what to do
thanks in advance.
vancoillie Jurgen

R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????

"jurgen vancoilie" wrote:

> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
>
> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his
> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
>
> please advise me what to do
> thanks in advance.
> vancoillie Jurgen
0
Padman (11)
8/26/2005 4:01:34 AM
How did you block it?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????
>
> "jurgen vancoilie" wrote:
>
>> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
>> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
>>
>> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but
>> his
>> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
>>
>> please advise me what to do
>> thanks in advance.
>> vancoillie Jurgen

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/26/2005 6:42:12 AM
we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
message delivery
sender filtering
and added the e-mail adress.

regards
jurgen

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> How did you block it?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????
> >
> > "jurgen vancoilie" wrote:
> >
> >> We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example
> >> heinz.loeffler@t-online.de
> >>
> >> in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but
> >> his
> >> mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created.
> >>
> >> please advise me what to do
> >> thanks in advance.
> >> vancoillie Jurgen

Please understand that this feature is of limited value because so much in
SMTP can be forged.  I suggest that if this kind of thing is a problem that
you implement IMF or some other antispam filtering solution.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C78495EB-55C5-4438-B5D9-0D2058E48607@microsoft.com...
> we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
> message delivery
> sender filtering
> and added the e-mail adress.
>
> regards
> jurgen
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How did you block it?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Padman" <Padman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003????

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/26/2005 4:31:28 PM
"jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>we blocked it in the global settings of exchange.
>message delivery
>sender filtering
>and added the e-mail adress.

From where did you get the address? Not from the "From:" header of the
message! You'll have to find the "MAIL FROM:" command used by the
other SMTP server when it submitted the message for delivery. It's the
"MAIL FROM:" command's address that's used when Exchange is instructed
to block an address.

While the "From:" and "MAIL FROM:" may be the same they often aren't.
The Internet's not a secure place.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Can not enable IMF after installing SP2 exchange 2003
I have installed sp2 for exchange. I am trying to configure the intellegent message filter but I do not have the checkbox to enable it. When I right click on the smtp >general>advanced>edit I only have check boxes for Sender, Recipient and Connection filter. There is no IMF check bow. What am I missing? Are you running Exchange System Manager from that server that has SP2 installed, or from your workstation that only has SP1 installed? You won't see the new options unless you are running ESM from a server/workstation that has SP2 installed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

V lookup in Excel 2003
Hello, I have recently installed fresh copy of Office 2003, where I am unable to find Vlookup function, (I couldnt see it in pop up also while I click on fx sign too....) Please help me on this issue as soon as possible, as heaps of work is pending on my desk due to that. Mail me at baroda@outsourcingindiainc.com Thanks What happens if you just try using the function by typing it in? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 -------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Single Exchange 2003 svr need to host 2 mail domains
We have Server 2003 standard running AD and Exchange 2003 standard on a DELL 26XX 2U server. We have one main domain but we have two mail domains. They bothe have their own IP's and MX records. The main mail domain works but we can't get the second mail domain to work. We tried several different ways but we can't make it work. Thanks for any help. John Mabry Hello John You will want to set up a recipient policy for the second domain or add it to your existing policy. 249299 HOW TO: Configure Recipient Policies in Exchange http://kb/article.asp?id=Q249299 -- Michael...

Exchange 2003 OMA Custom Login Screen??
Hi, I currently have three different companies on my Exchange server with a 4th on the way and I wonder if someone can tell me how do I make a custom OMA login page for each company, etc?? Regards, Andrew do you mean so companA can log in as user@company.com and companyB can log in as user@companyB.com? kinda like OWA? NO I DONT but if you find out please let me know i have bee ntrying ot do this myself Later "Andrew" wrote: > Hi, > > I currently have three different companies on my Exchange server with a 4th > on the way and I wonder if someone can tell...

custom search in outlook 2003
Hi. I had a customized contact form applied to a public folder. But when I search a contact the result is nothing. The problem is that the search never gets the custom controls and fields that I created in the form. I am able to get the contacts thru an advanced search and browse for the controls of my custom form. But I need to do this every time that I want to search a contact. What I had to do to save this advanced search that make it the default? Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 and domain upgrade from NT to 2003
Just gone down the path of starting to upgrade the domain from NT to 2003 interim. So far everything has gone OK, couple of DNS hitches to start with which appeared to make the network slow but that's now fixed. Main problem now is exchange IMC. The exchange box has bee functioning fine now for several days since the start of the domain upgrade, however today it was necessary to start the NT4 Exchange5.5 box and that's where the problem starts. Since this is it's first restart I'm assuming that it's looking to the new domain and AD. All the exhange services start fi...

Exchange Admin #2
What permissions do I need to give to a account/mailbox in AD/Exchange to be able to read all the mailboxes in my ORG, I need this for my backup Software to work. Thanks. Hi read this article http://www.petri.co.il/grant_full_mailbox_rights_on_exchange_2000_2003.htm Nebojsa Seslija "Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235A3I7$aFHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What permissions do I need to give to a account/mailbox in AD/Exchange to > be > able to read all the mailboxes in my ORG, I need this for my backup > Software > to w...

Publisher 2003 locks up when using tables
In creating a table, the lines do not show even with correct settings. Program also locks up when attempting to create tables or open a document that has a table. Do you have the service pack? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx Go to the manufacturer's web site of your video adapter and look around for an upgraded driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Farm" <Farm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6377B18F-ABB7-42C8-903B-E20D1739134E@microsoft.com... > ...

Exchange 5.5 backup with Windows 2000 backup
I want to use my Windows 2000 Backup to backup my exchange directories. When I try to set it up I notice the Check boxes are grey. If I dbl Click them, it comes up with a message box asking which server I want to query. I browse to my local exchange server and the message queries and goes away. Unfortunately, the check box stays grey. How can I enable this? Thanks Your picking the Exchange option. It knows what to backup for a proper restore - thus it won't list the files. You should be able to pick Directory Service and Information Store otherwise post a screenshot. -- Ho...

imap and exchange
hi everyone, I have set up outlook to access 2 exchange servers. One account connects to server 1 (domain 1) as an Exchange server. Account 2 connects to server 2 (domain 2) as an IMAP server. Account 1 (the exchange account) delivers mail to a local pst file due to bandwidth restrictions. Two questions: 1) Can I have different delivery locations for the 2 accounts (I understand that IMAP stores mail in the default mail store) 2) I have tried sending mail via the IMAP account. When I compose a new message, I select the IMAP account in the Account drop down list at the top of the e-m...

Outlook 2003 doesn't remember POP-password #2
Hi folks, as I read in many threads, Outlook 2003 in combination with WinXP seems not to remember POP-passwords although the corresponding check-box is activated. On a previous installation of WinXP with Outlook 2003 it worked fine, but since I newly installed Windows on the same machine it doesn't remember them anymore. I also tried the often suggested registry patch with changing the security options for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and deleting its sub-keys but even that didn't work. As I read many other people have had the sam...

phone to non-exchange contacts/calendar sync
I've used Outlook (non-exchange) since it was new and am using 2007 now. I simply do not want to change :) I'd like to find a process wherein I can sync my phone with OL without the wire. I have a gmail account and have looked at the premium (with their sync) subscription, but wondered if this is the a good way to go. I understand that MS is with hotmail and that this may work better, but I don't like change :) Any suggestions or comments? TIA What phone do you have? That will control your over-the-air sync capabilities. Or use bluetooth (no wire!) and yo...

OWA 2003 PST file?
Hi, I'm wonding if OWA 2003 support personal folder (pst file)? Please let me know. Thanks Ricky No. Outlook Web Access is a browser view of your Exchange mailbox - it cannot view .pst files, nor can it store its items in a .pst file. OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ricky asked: | Hi, | | I'm...

Specified domain either does not exist after Ex 2003 SP2 install
I'm running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 Server. On Sunday, 9/24 I upgraded from Exchange 2003 SP1 to SP2. Incoming/outgoing email has been working aok. Yesterday I tried to change an existing mailbox - unhide it from the GAL. I got the following error: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted facility win32 ID no. c007054b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension. Today I tried to create a new user with a new mailbox, just as a test - same error. That problem meets the criteria for the Hotfix in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810812 howe...

Converting Quicken 2003 Files! What a Joke!
How ridiculous that we buy Money 2004 and can't convert Quicken 2003 files to Money 2004. We keep getting the messages about insufficient memory or lack of disk space, which are both bullshit. We've seen this same complaint and question in this newsgroup before. But never, never, get an answer from any Microsoft rep as to what the problem is or how to solve the problem. And solving the problem is not by creating numerous .QIF files for importing. We paid for the advertised Quicken conversion. What's the deal Microsoft? If anyone can help, we would appreciate it. TIA Have y...

Using C# to read mass data from Excel 2003
Hi all�� I am using C# to read data from Excel 2003, However, I found the method I taken is too inefficient. Read a 250X250 sized matrix will take several minutes. May u provide me some high efficient method to solve mass data reading problem��Thanks int ColNum = mySheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count; int RowNum = mySheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count; Range range = mySheet.get_Range(mySheet.Cells[1, 1], mySheet.Cells[RowNum, ColNum]); ... for (int i = 1; i <= RowNum; ++ i) { DataRow dr; dr = dt.NewRow(); for (int j = 1; j <= ColNum; ++ j) { dr[j - 1] = ((...

send with isp not exchange in a corp enviro.
in outlook 2002 i have 2 mail accouts setup, one is a corp exchange acct and one is a ISP acct. in my profile i have the ISP acct setup as default. in outlook 2002 when i send to an external address (internet) the email is automatically sent via my ISP account. when i send to an internal (exchange) user it automatically sends using my exchange account. this is the behavior i like and want to use. in outlook 2003 when i do the same thing with the same config it always uses the default account. period! can this be handled in outlook 2003 as it was in 2002? thanks I am facing exact...

Exchange 2000/SAV/Download.Trojan Problem #2
On 9-17-2004 Sam posted ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I have Exchange 2000 server running on Windows 2000. I also have Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (server edition) running on the server. Lately, I've been getting information message from SAV that Download.Trojan was found on the Temp directory. In the "Action Taken" line it says: "Clean failed : Delete succeeded : Access denied". After that, Exchange server stop sending and receiving emails. I have to reboot the server, or restart exchange services to make it work again. I searched the web and follo...

view whether users have unopened mail in Exchange 2003
My boss is concerned about employees not opening their emails. Is there a way to check how many unopened emails are in a users mailbox? Regards Anastas http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2007/05/unread-email-report-for-all-folders-in.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2009 Microsoft Certified Partner "Mikoyan" <Mikoyan@someisp.com> wrote in message news:est#XtfbKHA.5656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > My boss is concerned about employees not opening their emails. Is there a > way to check how many unopened emails are in a users mailbox? >...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book emails not appearing
I have some customers who link up all their contacts in their Personal Address Book. They refused to put their contacts in their contacts folders. The problem I seem to get with customer is that when he writes out the person's name of who he wants to send it too, the email address doesn't seem to appear. One more thing, when you click on the TO field, he is selected to go to his Personal Address Book first. Any ideas when the person who write an email to someone, the names doesn't appear at all? Thanks in advance. Tell your customers that the Personal Address Book has not been ...

Can important dates be moved from year to year in puplisher 2003,.
Can important dates be moved from year to year in puplisher 2003 ...

How do I set up my ODBC Connection from AS/400 file in Excel 2003
In Office 97, I was able to query an AS/400 file that was setup in my ODBC connections, but in OFfice 2003, I'm having extreme difficulties wih the data. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, or why it is so different than the old version ...

changed the passwd of an admin that probably was used to install AD and Exchange
Hi all, I'm trying to clean up old mailboxes and I changed the password to an old administrators account so I could access the mailbox. We're running windows 2000 and Exchange 2000. After I did this, when I attempt to open up the ESM, I'm prompted with a fatal error stating: Local error has occured Facility: win32 Id no: 8007203b Exchange System Manager All the services start up as local system account. What do I do? I cant seem to open the ESM any longer. TIA alan Hi Alan, Thanks for posting here! Based on my knowledge, I would like to provide the following suggesti...

Is there a native tool in Exchange 2003 sp2 to find and delete ema
We have daily spam report going to users and at the end of the week we want the messages deleted if they have been read. The emails are generated from our email firewall which does not have any sort of "time bomb" feature. If nothing is native to exchange can you suggest a third party application? On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:33:01 -0700, Brillmike <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have daily spam report going to users and at the end of the week we want >the messages deleted if they have been read. The emails are generated from >our email firewall which does not hav...

Can't connect to my Exchange server 2003 from the internet
Hi I have set up an exchange server 2003 on a win 2003 server std. It works fine when accesing it from "inside" my LAN using the internal domain name. But when i try accessing it from an external machine using outlook abnd exchange accaunt it dosent work. Im using the Servers external IP to access it. Is it due the the disabling of port 135 (blaster and RPC calls) that i can�t connect? VPN is not an solution. Is there a way to make it work? regards Anders If you have WinXP SP1 and Outlook 2003, you can use RPC over HTTP - otherwise, you really need to go with VPN. Why is it no...