How to delete user mailbox

Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a
friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for
the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to
do that.

Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox
cleanly?

Thx
0
anonymous (74722)

select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key...

"aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a
> friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for
> the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to
> do that.
>
> Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox
> cleanly?
>
> Thx

0
susan7353 (1225)

Perfmon tracks network link usage per user?
Is possible to view server network link utilisation per client or computer/IP on a workgroup, windows 2003? I need to track who is using most of the bandwith on the server. thanks. You might give this a go. http://www.wireshark.org/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Tyler Durden"wrote: > Is possible to view server network link utilisation per client or > computer/IP on a > workgroup, windows 2003? I need...

How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text
How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text? You could do this: =3DLEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) assuming the data is in A1. This will return a text value - if you want a number then do this: =3D--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) Hope this helps. Pete On Jun 2, 9:05=A0am, Maureen <Maur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text? If that is a space the below will do. Also note all double spaces within the text also will be trimmed to a single space. =TRIM(A1) Still you see a character after text; then probably it ...

How to Block a Newsgroup User With Vista Windows mail
Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows mail.I could do this in outlook express. "Brian LD" <home@home.org> wrote in message news:FC2D55BC-0699-4625-BC53-317FDF9E8E42@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows > mail.I could do this in outlook express. Use a message rule, select a message from that sender>on the message menu>create rule from message>2nd box, select delete. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ Right-...

can't delete mail from inbox...error message is..
outlook wont let me delete email messages from inbox the error message I keep receiving is "item could not be deleted. it was moved or already deleted, or access denied also sometimes i receive error message "the administrator has not set retention policies" ?? can anyone help ...

row delete
hi all, when i use this command to delete all rows if column A is blank, in few cases it deletes all the rows even if column A is not blank why i it so Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi vikram There is a limit with Specialcells http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832293 Look also on David's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/delempty.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "vikram >" <<vikram.19p3r6@excelforum-nospam.com> ...

Local Exchange users not receiving mail
I've just loaded Exchange 2003 Server. We already had existing domain users in the domain so to create mailboxes for them I went into AD users and computers, selected the users object and right clicked on each user, selected Exchange tasks, then created each mailbox. That went very smoothly. However, no one is receiving email. They all send fine but do not receive. We do have a firewall and I have allowed SMTP and POP3 through the firewall. Presently we are not using Internet Email on the Exchange Server just internal email only. Can someone tell me why we can send locally...

delete query
Hello, i am trying to delete (in delete query) records in a table. where in the delete query the table is join (3 inner) to a query (select). i get the message . . . "could not delete from specified table" is it posibble ? where i am wrong ? Thank's תודה רבה "יריב החביב" <yarivr@tasmc.health.gov.il> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE7CFAB6-2E5E-460B-9D1A-198AA0281090@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > i am trying to delete (in delete query) records in a table. > > where in the delete query the table is join (3 inner) to a q...

Check user credentials
Hi I have a database in access mdb file. In Excel I created a userform where user inputs a username and password. What's the best way to check if the given credentials are correct - in VBA of course? Kind regards IgorM Igor, Surely, you would just have a user table with passwords on the database, and check against that? -- HTH Bob "IgorM" <igorm@live.com> wrote in message news:F867CAE5-F78D-4ED4-972A-EE85A4D2BDC4@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a database in access mdb file. In Excel I created a userform where > user inp...

Troubleshoot Outlook calendar update/deletion running Exchange 2007 SP1
Our clients are Office 2003 Pro SP3, server is Exchange 2007 SP1. From time to time, we have complains that deleted meetings don't get to the invitee's calendar, or it's showing updated instead of removing from the calendar. How can I investigate this? I'd assume this has to do with Outlook more than on the Exchange server? Some users have Blackberries and we have BES running, much appreciate your help. ...

Q: Deleting the last character from text fields in excel [Us@ cod@ to @-mail m@]
I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. How can I get rid of them? In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. Is there something like this in Excel? Thanks! Sam (Post your replies here. My e-mail is spam proofed unless you use a code) Hi, S.V. Short of going to VBA, have you tried to insert a helper column and use the trim function? HTH >-----Original Message----- >I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. > >How can I get rid of them? > >In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. > >Is there something like this...

Changing users Email Address, problems...
I have a user that has an email address bcastillo@domain.com. He wants his email to be billy@domain.com so I went into the AD Users & Computers and added billy@domain.com to his email addresses. I then set it as the primary, and it looked like it took it. Then twenty seconds later it changed it back to bcastillo. Any idea why this would happen? Thank you, Douglas Your default recipient policy is probably setting it back to the format specified. You can change the recipent policy or uncheck the box that automatically updates email addresses according to the recipient policy. Th...

MSExchangeMGMT Event ID 7
I've been receiving the following error and can't seem to find any help on it in the Knowledge Base or via google: The Microsoft Exchange Management service denied user "sbsmonacct" access to "CN=Mailbox Store (SBSERVER),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=first administrative group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=DOMAIN,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local" because the Access Control List (ACL) for it contained non-domain specific access control entries (ACE) Any insight would be appreciated. ...

Deleting a user account in Exchange 2003
Pretty new to Exchange 2k3, we're using 2k3 AD and I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way... Common sense says that to delete a user account after backing up, all I have to do is delete it in the AD correct? What about the System Manager|Administratrative Groups|Servers|First Storage Group|Mailbox....do you need to delete from there too or would the first act cause a cascade effect? R Green When you delete a user account, it will "mark" the mailbox for deletion (by default). That's all you have to do. Exchange has it's own built-in Deleted Mai...

Help! Deleted Budget
I inadvertently deleted the Budget in GP 10. I went into Card|Budget, and exported the budget to an Excel file just to have a look at it. When I went back to the Budget Selection window, I hit Delete thinking I was purging the exported budget file. In my hope of undoing the deletion, I imported the Excel budget file that I had exported back into GP, and it is again listed in the Budget Selection window. What I need to know is what damage I did by deleting the entry that was there originally? For example, what other GP functions may have been dependent on the budget before I ...

products and price list items to be user owned
In CRM3.0 if you have access to products you have access to all price list items in the product catalogue. This presents a problem with large organizations where we see the requriement for the salespeople to only see the price list items for their business unit and the price list items visibiliy accross organization is a big no-no. Product and price list items need to be user owned (or there need to be a way to switch over from the organization owned to user owned setting). Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggesti...

Want to block certain users from sendign email ouside our domain
Is this possible? Certain inside sales people need only send email within our company, but others should be unrestricted. Can this be done at the server level? sure... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "gp" <grpratt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1169157694.989475.5800@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Is this possible? Certain inside sales people need only send email > within our company, but others should be unrestricted. Can this be done > at the server level? > You can do it at the routing group level. Look at ...

Deleting a user
Dear Exchange Communit I have just recently taken over an IT department using exchange. I am rapidly getting to know the program but I believe I have fouled up I added a user in the primary domain controller and his email was working fine. I noticed that the user did not replicate over the other servers. So could not get to certain shares. I created a test user from another DC and the test user replicated fine. I decided to delete this first account from the primary DNS server and recreate it on the other DC, dealing with my DNS issue later. Well I have managed to create two accounts on...

Administrator Account was deleted; what to do?
I have a system where the account used to install Exchange 2003 was deleted. That account was the only account with Full Administrator priviledges. Not having that account limits my maintenance abilities. Is there a way to recreate the account or to graft the priviledges to an existing account? Right now, the only option I think I have is to back up everything, delete Exchange, reinstall and restore. Thats painful and risky, any ideas? ...

Deleting a background
Good day, Am using Visio 2003. Is there any other, easier way to delete a background than to go to File>Page Setup>Page Properties? Thank you. Helene Hi Helene, You can use the Document Explorer window, which you'll find under the View menu. But you still have to right-click on the foreground page, choose Properties..., remove the background page from the foreground page first, and then delete the background page. Ugh! It's not much easier, and it leads you to the same dialog box. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP Free Visio shapes: http://www.visguy.com/c...

Programatically open Access DB with user level security
I have an Excel Add-in that now needs to open an Access database that has user level security applied to it. The only way I have been able to achieve this so far is using the VBA Shell function, since by doing this I can pass the workgroup path and user name/password to the DB. Problem then of course is that I can't set a reference to the DB until Access has started sufficiently to begin supporting OLE and the amount of time this might take is indeterminate. A very crude workaround I am using at the moment is to pause the Excel VBA execution using Wait for a few secon...

event log error
Every now and then (roughly every 4 or so hours) i'm getting three event log errors in a row. They all refer to a problem with a mailbox but unfortunately where it should say the mailbox name it's blank. i.e. "Event ID: 8231 Calendar agent failed to determine the primary calendar for mailbox: . " note the full stop and gap where the mailbox name is. then "Event ID: 1022 Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (BILBO)" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=AMT/OU=LondonExc/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=BILBO/cn=Mi...

find row and delete
I need some help getting Excel to find a row based on a criteria in the cell and then deleting the row. For example, how could I get Excel to find any cell in column A that has "alpha" in the cell to delete the entire row? I have this from a previous post, which gets me almost there, but I need it to ignore the first 10 rows (ie-any "alpha" in the first ten rows stay). I tried to modify the range to Range("a10:a10000") but it didn't work. Public Sub test() line2: Range("a10").Activate On Error GoTo line1 Cells.Find(what:="alpha").Activa...

cannot delete messages #2
I am unable to delete messages in my inbox. Whether I hilite and hit the delete key or try dragging to delete file they won't delete. When shutting down outlook an error message pops up saying" some items could not be deleted. Now up to 190 messages in my inbox and counting.....any suggestions out there..... ...

How to keep track of ActiveSync users
We are testing ActiveSync in hope of replacing goodlink to cut down costs. One thing we notice right the way is there is no tool to keep track of who has activesync installed on their smartphones. The mobile admin tool from ms is just to remote wipe, but not a comprehensive way to keep track of activesync users. Any suggestions out there? Thanks. It's not user friendly but the W3SVC logs contain all this connection data, so you can filter them to see who is connecting using ActiveSync. "Speedyturtle" wrote: > We are testing ActiveSync in hope of replacing goodlink to c...

automatically delete records w/duplicate address in excel
Don't have MS Access. I have a voters list......w/lot of records with duplicate addresses. IE married couple both vote and live at same address. I only need one record for each address. How can I automatically delete each record w/duplicate address keeping 1 record with that address? First off, do not work on the original file. Work on a copy!! Go to Chip Pearson's site for a macro to do this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm "PUSH" wrote: > Don't have MS Access. > I have a voters list......w/lot of records with duplicate addresses. > IE married...