How to create meeting room reserve application in public folder?

I have three meeting room and reserve by manual. How to use public folder for
these requirement?
0
Mesak (9)

Why not just use resource mailbox instead and setup to auto-accept meetings.

Either use AutoAccept Agent (download from microsoft.com) or set up those
mailboxes to auto-accept appointments and auto-decline conflicting
appointments.
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

--------------------------------
"Mesak" <Mesak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have three meeting room and reserve by manual. How to use public folder
>for
> these requirement?

0
bharat3597 (1006)
10/13/2005 4:51:53 PM

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Why not just use resource mailbox instead and setup to auto-accept meetings.
>
> Either use AutoAccept Agent (download from microsoft.com) or set up those
> mailboxes to auto-accept appointments and auto-decline conflicting
> appointments.
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html

Bharat,
I am looking at doing exactly that, and wondering what the major differences
are between a simple auto-accepting mailbox and using the AutoAccept Agent.
We have LOTS of rescheduled meetings, so I am leaning towards AAA, but I
would like to have a better understanding of what it really adds.

Thanks,
Gordon
Becauase I have more meeting room and user can choose room for meeting. Some
time secretry want to choose room for board meeting.

"Gordon Price" wrote:

> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
> > Why not just use resource mailbox instead and setup to auto-accept meetings.
> >
> > Either use AutoAccept Agent (download from microsoft.com) or set up those
> > mailboxes to auto-accept appointments and auto-decline conflicting
> > appointments.
> > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html
>

> Bharat,
> I am looking at doing exactly that, and wondering what the major differences
> are between a simple auto-accepting mailbox and using the AutoAccept Agent.
> We have LOTS of rescheduled meetings, so I am leaning towards AAA, but I
> would like to have a better understanding of what it really adds.
>
> Thanks,
> Gordon
0
Mesak (9)
10/14/2005 4:17:59 AM
i think you requried a calender option in public folder, below are the simple
steps to create it.

Open the exchage administrator mail box through OWA and open the public
folder from it, right click on that and create the new folder (give the
proper name like confernece room), then click on Ok -> now right click on
newly created folder and make another folder with proper name below that
"folder contains" in that select a "appointement Item" and click on OK.

now you can see this as a calnder in public folder to all users.

Thanks,
Prashant

"Mesak" wrote:

> I have three meeting room and reserve by manual. How to use public folder for
> these requirement?
0
Prashant (13)

Public Folder Replication SMTP Messages not being delivered
Hi, We have a multi site Exchange 2003 Server environment and are having problems with Public Folder replication messages not being delivered. 3 of the 5 servers send/accept SMTP replication messages fine, but the other two recieve the SMTP messages but they just dont get delivered/processed to the local Store. Doing message tracking shows that the SMTP replication messages are being recieved by the two servers but they dont get delivered to the local store. EG, this is what the message tracking log displayes on one of the two 'faulty' servers: (http://img494.imageshack.us/img...

Meeting Workspaces
I have a meeting workspace for an Outlook recurring meeting (monthly), with a task list I have changed to 'series items' so that tasks that have not been completed are caried forward each month. I want to export the tasks for this month's meeting, including carried forward items, to a spreadsheet. However, it exports all tasks (including 'completed' tasks) for all previous meetings. Is there anyway to export just the tasks that show on this month's meeting workspace to a spreadsheet? Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. ...

Duplicate Recurring Meetings in Outlook 2007
OK, I have a strange issue that has been happening to several people that I know of so far. Our environment is Outlook 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 (either SP1 or 2, not sure), and Windows XP Professional. Occasionally when a person creates a recurring appointment in Outlook and they open it to either add content to the meeting request (they are the organizer) or add an attachment, two copies of the meeting will appear on the Organizers calendar. If the person was the organizer and they try and delete that duplicate appointment, BOTH instances will be deleted from the orga...

Outlook Express to Outlook
I've installed Outlook in Office XP. How do I transfer my inbox and other folders into the new version of Outlook from my old version of Outlook Express?? On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:24:39 -0700, "Joe" <joe@optimumbrokerage.com> wrote: >I've installed Outlook in Office XP. > >How do I transfer my inbox and other folders into the new >version of Outlook from my old version of Outlook >Express?? You can either import from Outlook Express into Outlook or export from Outlook Express to Outlook. Some say that exporting from Outlook Express to Outlook is eas...

Public Calendars
Is it possible to get message reminders from public calendars? We have a company calendar in the public folder than we would like to put our meetings on it. How would I be able to create a meeting request so that it will show up in the public calendars so people can see who the attendees are BUT still give each individual pop up reminders? Thanks, Jasper Hi Jaz, this is not possible by default. Outlook can only send reminders in the default calendar not in the Public Folders. There are 3rd party tools available for this function: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#remind --...

How to create DSN Less connection on pass through query?
I have DSN Less connection code as follows for linked tables which the code is on the switchboard form: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) ' Minimize the database window and initialize the form. ' Move to the switchboard page that is marked as the default. Me.Filter = "[ItemNumber] = 0 AND [Argument] = 'Default' " Me.FilterOn = True Dim ServerName As String Dim UserName As String Dim Password As String ServerName = "CPSHOUDB15" UserName = "********" Password = "********" 'Attach the linked database table...

Public Folder Does not send out email.
I have a group of public folders that we use to receive email from our website. using the folder assistant function, I have set the folders up to forward a copy of received messages to the appropriate person in our company. But, the folder is also configured to send a reply to the original sender. For instance, someone send us their resume, it gets delivered to a folder anme careers. The folder assistant them forwards a copy to the head of HR (that works fine), but it does not send a reply to the person tht submitted the resume. I had this problem with a 5.5 installation and reca...

Public Folder #22
Mail sent to public folder bounces back. The public folder is mail enabled. Any thoughts guys? thanks in advance What's the NDR? James Chong Neil wrote: > Mail sent to public folder bounces back. The public folder is mail enabled. > Any thoughts guys? > > thanks in advance ...

List Box to create a Report based on crosstab query
I have a form with a list box to select a value, and a button that is pressed to create a report based on the value selected in the list box. The problem is the query used to create the report and populate the values in the list box is a crosstab query, which is not updateable of course. Here is the SQL for my query: TRANSFORM Avg(Val([tblCourseGrades].[Grade])) AS AvgOfGrade SELECT TblStudents.[ClassNumber], TblStudents.Rank, TblStudents.[Last Name], TblStudents.[First Name], Avg(tblCourseGrades.Grade) AS AvgOfGrade1 FROM TblStudents INNER JOIN (tblCourses INNER JOIN tblCours...

Restrictions on activities created from a sales process?
I've created sales process with sale stages and with generated activities. Is it possible to restict access to activites generated from a sales process to only be visable to the user owning the opportunity. Activities not generated from a sales process will be visable for all users. // Mats ...

Problem with creating a socket
Hi I am running Win XP SP2 Here is my socket class: class _ListenSocket : public CSocket { public: _ListenSocket(CServer* pServer); virtual ~_ListenSocket(); virtual void OnAccept(int nErrorCode); private: CServer* m_pApp; }; I created an instance of this class: _ListenSocket* m_pListenSocket; And now, I want to "create" the socket: m_pListenSocket = new _ListenSocket(this); if(!m_pListenSocket->Create(port)) { DestroyListenSocket(); AfxMessageBox(_T("Port creation failed!\n")); return false; } I did not ovewrite the Create funtion, so I am using the one f...

creating new folder in eforms registry
I am trying to create a new folder under Public Folders \ EFORMS REGISTRY called Mimosa and use the english(usa) language, but that choice is not available. Candaian, UK, Australia, etc. are available, but not USA. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike ...

Import/export folders
I have a new computer and want to transfer my contact address book and allmy old email over to the new computer. I have a fire wire setup between the 2 computers and need to know what files to transfer http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm might be helpful. "Mike Corwin" <mikecorwin@chilidavis.com> wrote in message news:018a01c36ac9$94d23240$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a new computer and want to transfer my contact > address book and allmy old email over to the new > computer. I have a fire wire setup between the 2 > computers and need to know what file...

Using Outlook meeting reminder as event registrant follow-up
Hi all, Has anyone used the Outlook meeting reminder as a follow-up to registrants of a seminar/webinar or other event? If so, how do you set-it up for bulk distribution without the recipients seeing the other attendees? Any advice would be helpful. ...

Public Folder Permissions #12
Why don't the permissions on Public Folders migrate downwards? In all other aspects of operating systems I can set the permissions on a parent directory/folder and that permission will automatically migrate down the tree. In Public Folders I have to labourously go through and change the permissions on each one, rather than merely changing the permission at the top of the folder tree. Is there any way to make it work downwards, automatically? Brian wrote: > Why don't the permissions on Public Folders migrate downwards? In > all other aspects of operating systems I can s...

Copying smartlist folder
Is it possible copy a smartlist folder and save it with a different name? (like Sales Line Items copy to SOP Line Items). davidv Not through GP. Table Dynamics.asitab30 stores the information so you could change the data behind the scenes, if you want. -- Charles Allen, MVP "tintin91" wrote: > Is it possible copy a smartlist folder and save it with a different name? > (like Sales Line Items copy to SOP Line Items). > > davidv ...

".pst is not a personal folders file"
Bought a new computer when hard drive died. Luckily I had a recent backup of data. Copied my data files over to my new computer, including the Outlook.pst I have been using in Outlook 2003 just fine. Got Outlook 2003 up and running just fine, except .... Regardless of what I do, I cannot get Outlook to open the Outlook.pst file. I keep getting an error that says "Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file". I've tried opening it as the new format, as the old format, tried importing it, etc... Outlook won't accept it any way. So I thought that file might be ...

get a folder name
i am using the following code for getting user input for a folder name. i got this code from a book. it works well but how do i get the complete path of the folder assigned to a string variable? like "UserFile" With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .InitialFileName = Application.DefaultFilePath & "\" .Title = "Please select a location for saving the Work Request" .Show If .SelectedItems.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "Location to save WR not selected" Else MsgBo...

How do I get RSS feeds to show up in the Outlook 2003 RSS folder?
I want RSS feed subscriptions to come into my Outlook 2003 RSS folder (at work). I did this at home (same version of Outlook) but can't remember how. I subscribe to FeedDemon but was hoping to not have to open a separate program to see my RSS feeds. ...

CFtpConnection::PutFile only creating 0 length file on server
hey guys, i recently made a tiny app using the MFC class CFtpConnection that is sending files to an AS/400 server. its been working consistently for a few months now with no problems. but in the last couple of weeks its been failing. during the method PutFile(), it would set the transfer type to ASCII and it would try to put the file on the server, but it only creates a 0 length file with the appropriate filename and timesout (usually after like 3 minutes or so) with a bad return code. ive googled it in groups and have found similar cases where this function was doing the same thing bu...

SOAP Server Application Faulted 05-13-04

Wincows XP runs old version of my Application for one user
Hello! This maybe a bit off topic but since it's here all the gurus are... I have an MFC 7.1 Application that I have installed as Administrator for all users. I then have used this application as a limited user (Operator) for about a week. I have then made some changes to the application, compiled and linked and then copied using Explorer the myapp.exe file to a diskette and then from the diskette to the XP computer. I copied the exe file over the old version of the exe file. I did this when I was logged in as Administrator. I then rebooted and logged in as Operator and started myapp....

Close an application from dialog box...
Hi, I have a dialog box that has an EXIT button. This dialog box is initially displayed even before the actual window is displayed. Now, if the user selects EXIT on this dialog, the program should just quit the application. I tried PostQuitMessage() but it closes the dialog, briefly (just a flash) displays the application window and then shuts it off. I dont want it to show the main window at all if the user selects EXIT. Any clues how to achieve this? Thanks, Shirley Hi, Is it a MFC application generated by AppWizard? If so, call your dialog in the begining of InitInstance(). ...

Print from console application
Hi I am trying to make my program send a page to a printer from my console application. I want to print the content of a string variable. I have tried the following to print from a text file: Dim myPrint as New PrintDocument myPrint.DocumentName="C:\temp\MyTextDocument.txt" myPrint.Print This works, but the printed page is blank. However - what I really need is to print a text string (several lines). Any ideas? best regards Frank On 5/30/2010 8:04 AM, Frank GTL wrote: > Hi > I am trying to make my program send a page to a printer from my cons...

How do you create a new BLANK worksheet with same cell format as another?
Suppose I have a worksheet formatted the way I like it. In particular, it takes some effort to get column widths adjusted and various cells to display using various number formats. If I have such a sheet as an exemplar, how can I create another sheet just like that except that there is no data in it. If I copy the original sheet and Paste Special Format, the format of column width does not transfer. I know I can save a copy of the workbook or worksheet and then open it. I then can clear the data in the new sheet and rename it. Is there a simpler and more direct way? -- Sam Conserva...