Hi,

With Exchange 2003 Query Based Distribution groups, is it possible to create
an "and" rule? ie, all users who are based in "London" "and" have the first
name "John"?

Thanks,

Curtis.

--
Please reply to news group only. Thank you.

0
xxx2719 (71)

Sure.
(&(attribute1=blah)(attribute2=blah))

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/adsi/adsi/search_filter_syntax.asp?frame=true

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> With Exchange 2003 Query Based Distribution groups, is it possible to
> create an "and" rule? ie, all users who are based in "London" "and" have
> the first name "John"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curtis.
>
> --
> Please reply to news group only. Thank you.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/24/2006 3:13:51 PM
"Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote:

>With Exchange 2003 Query Based Distribution groups, is it possible to create
>an "and" rule? ie, all users who are based in "London" "and" have the first
>name "John"?

"And" is the only condition the UI will create. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Do you know if there's another way?

Thanks,

Curtis.

> "Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote:
>
>>With Exchange 2003 Query Based Distribution groups, is it possible to
>>create
>>an "and" rule? ie, all users who are based in "London" "and" have the
>>first
>>name "John"?
>
> "And" is the only condition the UI will create. :)
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
xxx2719 (71)
1/25/2006 11:36:38 AM
"Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote:

>Ah, sorry. I mis-worded my question. I meant to ask if it's possible to do
>an "OR" condition. Bharat gave me a link to an LDAP Queries website that
>shows me how to manually write a custom query which should work.
>
>Do you know if there's another way?

Nope. If you need "OR" then you'll be doing this yourself.

You *can* use the create the LDAP query as a starting point and then
make the necessary modifications to suit your needs.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Queries and Charts

Administrative Groups and removing 5.5
Hi, I'll be removing our one and only Exchange 5.5 server in the next week or so (which has been powered off for 2 months), and I have read all the documents about what needs doing about removing exchange 5.5 from a exchange 2003 organisation. My only concern is about the current Administrative Group which appears to be linked to the exchange 5.5 site, when I remove 5.5 will this group disappear? or should I create a new group first, move the current exchange 2003 server into this group and then remove 5.5? Can anyone help clear up my mind some. Marcus No it won't (remo...

Templates and Queries
I have an Excel Template that contains a query pulling from and Access Database. I have tried to modify this query, however, it doesn't seem to accept my changes. I can create a new query within a new template and then it works fine. Rather than doing this for everyone, I would like to just modify the query and save that within the template. I've tried saving the query and then resaving the template also. What am I doing wrong. This is Excel XP. Thanks, ...

query values and destination fields error
I am trying to get this code to add HorseID to tblDailyCharge.HorseID when I update this form, but I am getting the error: Number of query values and destination fields are not the same! Private Sub subSetInvoiceDetailsValues() CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "INSERT INTO tblAdditionCharge(InvoiceID,ChargeID,HorseID,DayNo,ChargeNumber,AdditionCharge, " _ & " AdditionChargeAmount)SELECT " & lngInvoiceID & "," & "ChargeID" _ & "," & cbHorseName.value & ",DayNo,ChargeNumber,Ad...

parameters and crosstab queries
I have the following crosstab query: TRANSFORM Nz(Sum(MSF07.[Share Total]),0) AS [SumOfShare Total] SELECT MSF07.Aircraft, Sum(MSF07.[Share Total]) AS [Total Of Share Total] FROM MSF07 GROUP BY MSF07.Aircraft PIVOT MSF07.Account; I want to be able to set a parameter to choose a month. Everytime I try to do this it gives me errors since the [month] column isnt part of the query. Thanks Grant You can use a parameter in a crosstab, as long as you declare it. Go to Parameters on the Query menu, and enter the parameter there. Don't use the name Month though. That's a reserved word in...

new to group and Microsoft Office XP Professional 2002 HELP! #2
I set up a financial statement spreadsheet. Every thing worked fine. I imported a financial statement spreadsheet as Worksheet 1 in a workbook The spreadsheet is Worksheet 2 in the same workbook. The two sheets are not linked in any way. The problem is when I make changes to sheet 1, Eexcel causes the same changes to be made in Sheet 2. Does anyone know why? Many thanks in advance. Paul ...

Group and Outline become grayed out unexpectedly
I have created a sheet where I have 3 levels of expandable groups but every time I try to do any kind of formatting to the sheet it seems to lock the sheet so that the groups cannot be expanded or collapsed from whatever state they happen to be in. Also, I can open a new sheet and re-type everything manually and re-create the groups and they work again but when I cut and paste even one value from the "frozen" sheet into the new one, the new sheet also then freezes and no longer allows expanding and collapsing the groups. In addition, the "Group and Outline" menu ...

creating a csv spreadsheet and formatting it via another program
I have a set of Linux korn shell and perl scripts (don't worry if you don't know what those are) that create a csv file that is automatically emailed from a Linux server to end users. I want to apply some simple formatting to the spreadsheet such as bold, column widths, number precession, right or left alignment, and word wrap. I guess that I could create a macro to do the formatting, but is there some way to have the macro applied automatically to the csv file without the end user doing anything? Is there some other way to do this that I am missing? A .csv file is just tex...

Code to set query parameter through command button?
Hi: I have a command button on a form that triggers a print job of a report that references a query with a parameter. I'd like to set that parameter (named [entryid]) off of the id field of the record that I am viewing on the form. Thanks in advance, Aaron On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:39:01 -0800, Aaron <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi: > >I have a command button on a form that triggers a print job of a report that >references a query with a parameter. > >I'd like to set that parameter (named [entryid]) off of the id field of the ...

Query between Excel and Access
I linked an external Access database containing Client_ID and Client-Name columns to an Excel spreadsheet Is there a way to program a Query (in Excel) so that the output (in cell A5) is Client_Name if Client-ID equal the number entered in the cell A4 of the spreadsheet? Thanks for your help! ...

CrichEditCtrl Font and Clipoard related query
hi all, I have a CRichEditCtrl created on CView derived class. After Creating the Rich edit control it's default font is something different than what i want. and it's bold also. so to change the font i am selecting all the data present in control and then applying new font to it. (But This is not a very good method ). but when i paste the data that is not compatible with mine font again i need to select all the data and then apply font on it!!(Same thing doing again) so my question is that is there any way to change the clipboard data's font so that my control will receive data...

Removing OrderBy from Tables and Queries in VBA
I have an issue where people are in my access database and they look at data through a table, sort it, and when they close the table, they are asked if they want to save their changes, they invariably say yes. This is slowing down my database. I want to write code that goes through all tables, queries, forms, and reports, and turns off the orderby or filters. forms and reports are no problem since I can open them and close them, but querydefs and tabledefs seems to be a different beast. I found the OrderByOn property which is dug into the object, and I have code to change...

Microsoft Excel
I have a particular group of cells within a sheet which I need to group together and sort. However I need to keep the rows of information locked together so when you sort the data it doesnt get all mixed up. Is there a way to do this? If so, how? If it is possible to do the above is it possible to have it to automatically sort the information as your adding it into cells? Is there a way that a "sort" function can be set automatically for a group of particular cells? For example; I have set 6 columns on a spread sheet "Column B - Column G" Say I have 150 rows of informa...

Macro and append queries
I have the following problem:- I have some append queries which are updating tables.- I have a Macro which is executing those queries.Now, * If I run every single append query one-by-one manually, all the tables are getting updated correct.* If I run the Macro all tables are getting updated but, one field in one query gets data which is not in the append query (actually, I have no idea where it gets those data from).* If I run the Macro twice, all the transferred fields are correct.How can it be that the Macro is not working for that field, if I run the Macro once?I always thought that, if I r...

Help, How do I create apple to apple and apple to orange charts
I have got to do this for a class but i have no idea what they are asking me. How do I create an apple to apple chart and then an apple to orange chart on Excell? I don't even know what that means. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jillianbs" <Jillianbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9EC5D4D-A2CA-49A3-B3D2-A731BFCF989C@microsoft.com... >I have got to do this for a class but i have no idea what they are asking >me. > How do I cre...

Running Rules in Special Folders (Outlook and CallPilot)
Software: Outlook 2000 SP-3 and CallPilot Desktop Messaging 2.50 Background: Incoming voice messages are placed in the Callpilot Desktop Messaging Inbox in Outlook. A small icon lights up to indicate that a new message has been received. Question: How can I use a Rule in Outlook to also play a sound in a special folder? So far I am unable to have a rule continuously checking this particular inbox. Thanks, Lee Outlook rules doesn't support that - you might be able to use VBA to alert you - see outlookcode.com if you need help with VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teac...

Conflict Between "Server Based" and "Based Rules"
Hi All, I'm still wet behind the ears with Exchange Administration, so please bear with me. Environment: Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 We recently repaired a mailbox using MDBVU32 from an Exchange 2000 CD. The user (a Vice President no less) received a message box stating something similar to "Client side Rules conflict with Server side Rules" with the following three choices: * User Server Rules * Use Client Rules * Cancel I opted for Cancel until I could research furhter, but the the message box does not reappear (or someone has made a choice in the interm). How does one get ...

Incoming E-mails and my Rules
Ok here is the situation I have a bunch of different folders set up inside of my Outlook account (2000)for differnt people for example for employees here at my work and from family and so on. Then I went through and set up rules telling where the e-mail (meaning setup my list) should go it used to work fine but here of lately everything I get goes to my deleted items (well that is not completly true the one for employees here where I work works)but every other e-mail goes right to the deleted items even if there on my rule list. So I tried going to organize and rule wizard and clicki...

Using Date Parameters in a Query with Date and Time
I am using date parameters on a field that has the date and time. When i use the syntax Between [start date] and [end date] and select the dates from 4/19/2010 to 5/18/2010 it only gives me the data enter up to 5/17/2010 not to 5/18/2010. It give me the data for 5/18/2010 if I select the end date as 5/19/2010. I tried testing it on a standard date field with no time and it worked fine. I am missing somthing in the syntax. You're not missing anything. That's how it works! Dates are stored as 8 byte floating point numbers, where the integer portion represents the dat...

Delete Range of cells and move left based on Cell value
Hi..I am trying to delete a range of cells in a column and move them left based on whether or not a certain cell = 0. Any help would be great, thanks, Bill details -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Thomp" <williamthomp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5ff00479-4448-4767-aaaa-8923370249b4@o3g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi..I am trying to delete a range of cells in a column and move them > left based on whether or not a certain cell = 0. Any help would be > great, > > thanks, > Bill Wow...

I can't use my citations and bibliography group at all
I am writing a paper for my English class in my first year of college, and must include MLA style references. I cannot access any of the options in the citations and bibliography group except for the search libraries. I downloaded the student/home edition of 2007 office, and I don't know if it was not included with the software or what. If anyone knows what might be wrong, please help! If the following posts describe your issue, then you will have to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007: http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/word-application-errors/18590/Bibliography-Fea...

How to extract and then make an after event based in extrated numb
*-BFG10423231009990001-* -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician I don't have quite enough description to go on to offer any suggestions... More info, please... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "ldiaz" <ldiaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9DF86E9-BEBA-419A-A6DF-9179C07AF6ED@microsoft.com... > > > *-BFG10423231009990001-* > > > -- > Lorenzo D´┐Żaz > Cad Technician ...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...