How to create a custom welcome msg for a new create mailbox?

I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody
can give me a sample code?Thanks!
0
SAMUEL (24)

Here is a very simple script from MS:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/smtpmail/mssmvb01.mspx

Nue
"Samuel" <Samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody
> can give me a sample code?Thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/20/2006 3:05:35 PM
Thanks for reply.
Is there any method that send welcome msg auto by exchange when mailbox
created?
Just like trigger.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Here is a very simple script from MS:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/smtpmail/mssmvb01.mspx
>
> Nue
> "Samuel" <Samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody
> > can give me a sample code?Thanks!

0
SAMUEL (24)
5/20/2006 3:25:02 PM
Not that I'm aware of.

> Thanks for reply.
> Is there any method that send welcome msg auto by exchange when mailbox
> created?
> Just like trigger.
>

> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Here is a very simple script from MS:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/smtpmail/mssmvb01.mspx
>>
>> Nue
>> "Samuel" <Samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I know having to script.But I haven't such programming
>> >experience.Somebody
>> > can give me a sample code?Thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3004)

hyperlink open in new window
How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_13.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "sharin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2180BE5B-1783-4F9A-A167-D8E3BF34B3CC@microsoft.com... > How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? ...

Custom reports/queries across multiple companies in Business Porta
Is there any way to create a custom query or report that can be run inside Business Portal and which pulls figures from multiple Great Plains companies. Thank you. A View can be constructed in one database that pulls data from other databases. This view can then be used as the source for reports in tools like Crystal etc -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "KT" wrote: > Is there any way to create a custom query or report th...

How do I rename my Outlook Mailbox?
Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How can I change it? gigsysgal <gigsysgal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wrong name is shown next to my Outlook Mailbox in left column. How > can I change it? What version of Outlook? What type of account? If it's Exchange, speak with the Exchange admin. -- Brian Tillman ...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

Custom entities and attributes Off Line
Hi, Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook client... Pl advice... regards Hi, Yes, you can access custom entities and attributes when you are offline on the Laptop client. Please remember to specify what data you want to sync in Local Data Groups in the Outlook client. HTH, Niths "S" wrote: > Hi, > > Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and > entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook ...

New appointment, nothing happens
Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to my calendar. Nothing happens when trying. I also tried to sync my mobile calendar to it and it seems to sync just fine, but it will not add any new appointments. Any suggestions ? (outlook 2003, winxp pro) Thanks, Jorgen Sorry, just figured out the (possible) cause: I had a microsoft update pending, after innstallation and reboot everything is fine. Jorgen "JGH" <nospam@thanks.org> wrote in message news:eyVH5TpwGHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

New Project, Different Problem: AutoFilter?
I'm creating a database of outside trainers. Each trainer can handle multiple categories of training. It is essential that the training manager be able to create lists for specific categories as the need arises, as well as being able to do more standard sorts such as Name. Rather than making multiple entries for each Trainer (one for each category, which may reach 10+), I'd like to allow multiple entries in the Category column utilizing a key for each category. It seems that AutoFilter would be the ideal method for creating this db. Well, actually Advanced AutoFilter, since...

create bar in timeline like a Gantt
I would really appreciate your help. I have a weird one! I have built a horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet. VBA code collects the start and end dates of a date range. How can I build a bar on the row below the time line, like in a Gantt chart? I would also like to put a name within the bar. Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for creating the bar. Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them wi...

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Create a new instance of a class that is a reference
Hi all, I am trying to make a class that when you create a 2nd instance the second instance will be a reference to the first. Public Class ClassA Private Shared tableList As Hashtable Public myInt as integer = 0 Public Sub New() MyBase.New() InitializeValues() End Sub Private Function openTable() As Boolean If (tableList Is Nothing) Then tableList = New Hashtable() End If If (tableList.ContainsKey(TABLE)) Then SetReference(Me, tableList(TABLE)) OpenCount += 1 Else ...

Free shipping for selected customers
Our Store Ops system is setup to always charge shipping on all orders for all customers (the "Automatic shipping" option in Store Ops configuration is checked). For 99% of our customers, this is correct. However, there are a select group of employees who work in our warehouse. They do not need the garments shipped to them, so they should not automatically be charged shipping. There are also some high-end customers who we normally provide free shipping as a courtesy. Our system is also setup to received orders from a website (using a custom web interface). It can feed the cu...

Importing to a contact subfolder with that has a custom form
I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated DOS file the resulting records are in the default contact form rather than the custom form. When I manually add a contact it correctly chooses the custom form. Any help will be welcomed! You can re-apply the form to the items that don't have it - methods depend on your version of Outlook. Bob White wrote: > I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. > When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated > DOS file the resulting records are i...

Please help with New Database Query
Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will recognize it as a data source: Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName, Lname, etc): Select A1:Z500 In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1 Press [Enter] Next, save your workbook. Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query When y...

Create Outlook Folders on external drive
How can I create an Outlook Folder (.pst) on another hard drive leter. I want to free up hard drive space without removing emails. I can see how to archive to an external drive, but I want an active, accessible folder on an external drive and have it show up in the Personal Folders list in Outlook. I want to be able to move email from the Inbox to folders on the external drive and be able to view them "realtime" from that folder or folders. At work the IT guys do it on a network drive. We can read or move email to and from folders on the network drive. I want to do that wi...

row spacing in custom drawn CListCtrl
I have noticed that row spacing in a custom drawn (not owner drawn) CListCtrl when run on Vista or Server 2008 is about 20% larger than on XP. Is there a way to reduce this spacing? Thanks in advance, Julijan Probably not easily; Vista uses a different font than XP, so you are probably seeing artifacts of the different font size (assuming that the Vista machine is running in an absoutely identical configuration to the XP machine, same size screen, same resolution, same default font name, etc.; if not, then there is no reason to expect they will be "the same", ever, anyway). ...

compact mailbox
Hi, Apologies for the cross-post. W2K Exchsrvr 2K One of my mailboxes shows as 750 MB in System Manager but when I export it with Exmerge the PST file is 2 GB. How can I compress it (in the store, not the PST file)? Thanks, Peter Peter: The PST size is a very poor reflection of the size of the mailbox store. Unfortunately, so is what you see in the System Manager. System Manager only shows you that amount of data in the EDB file. If this person has a lot of mail that he/she has received from outside of your organization, this information is stored in the STM file. When you...

Cannot acces mailbox after move
Due to a hardware problem on our exchange2003 server we had to prep another server to migrate too. This went without a hitch using system manager. However I can no longer get access to my mailbox on this server with my current pc .. If i moved it back to the old one I can read it (outlook 2002) If I logon to another machine I can get access to it on the new server. I realise it is likely to be a permission/credential problem on my pc but I don't know how to sort it. I am sure If I was to reinstall the OS everything would be Ok but would take too long and to much hassle - any ideas...

Cannot add new account to Money 2006
Hi all, I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my Money 2000 file. The Money 2006 said that the file is not importable. OK. I've tried to create new file, which was successfully created, but I cannot add any new account. I've always got the same error message: The operation cannot be performed. Details: Product: Money ID: obres:34 Source: 15.0 Version: 15.0 Symbolic name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be performed. Reason Usually caused by a corrupt file. User Operation Run the Money File Repair tool to fix th...

Can't get past welcome screen
I recently used a startup manager utility to reduce the amount of programmes that launched automatically on startup. I am now unable to get XP to start past the welcome screen. If I click on a user it loads settings and then logs off immediately. I can't get into safe mode as it does the same thing. I've tried copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe as suggested in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892893 but this does not help. Any other ideas? On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:00:01 -0800, Sam Wardill <SamWardill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently used a startup mana...

Switchboard created with Switchboard Manager doesn't open
Greetings All, The Switchboard I created with the Switchboard Manager wouldn't open when the dB is opened. So I went to Tools -> Database Utilities -> Switchboard Manager, chose my switchboard (that already said (Default)), and clicked the "Make Default" button. The switchboard still does not open when the db is opened. In fact, it doesn't even exist, as far as I can see. It doesn't show in the Forms window, and when I went into Tools -> Startup -> Display Form/Page box and looked for it, it wasn't there. I created a Form I am using as a Switchboard fo...

outlook no cache mode sync with additional mailbox attached
Hi All, SBS2008, Exchange2007 SP1 and outlook2007 SP2 issue with cache mode. We use Outlook in cache mode and all works well. However, when users load and additional (general) mailbox in their Outlook profile, Outlook stops sync with exchange. Also for the primary mailbox. Items get stuck in the outbox and users receive no new mail in their inbox. In OWA the inbox works fine but sent items are still in the outbox. However they actually do get sent. No reports in event log on workstation or server. When we turn cache mode off (online mode) all works well again. Also...