How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?

Good morning,

Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that
receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument,
lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com.

Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and
then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange
2000 and Outlook 2002).

Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with
another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to
an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz.com account, it
defaults as having come from abc.com.

Is there a way to configure Outlook/Exchange so that when an email is sent
to user1@abc.com the reply comes from user1@abc.com, and when an email
arrives to user1@xyz.com the reply will show as coming from user1@xyz.com?

Ideally the solution will be as transparent as possible to the enduser,
preferably with them having to do nothing once the configuration changes have
been made.

Thanks for any and all ideas you may have.

Chris
0
Chris6982 (632)

Nothing natively in Outlook/Exchange, it is a much requested feature.
3rd party tools: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> Good morning,
>
> Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that
> receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument,
> lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com.
>
> Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and
> then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients,
> (Exchange
> 2000 and Outlook 2002).
>
> Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with
> another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply
> an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz.com account, it
> defaults as having come from abc.com.
>
> Is there a way to configure Outlook/Exchange so that when an email is sent
> to user1@abc.com the reply comes from user1@abc.com, and when an email
> arrives to user1@xyz.com the reply will show as coming from user1@xyz.com?
>
> Ideally the solution will be as transparent as possible to the enduser,
> preferably with them having to do nothing once the configuration changes
> have
> been made.
>
> Thanks for any and all ideas you may have.
>
> Chris

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
1/26/2006 5:38:42 PM
Chris

One way to do it might be to use the Identities within Outlook Express. This
would require you to setup a POP VS within Exchange and you certainly lose
functionality as OE is a very lightweight client.

Nue
"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> Nothing natively in Outlook/Exchange, it is a much requested feature.
> 3rd party tools: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Good morning,
>>
>> Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that
>> receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument,
>> lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com.
>>
>> Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and
>> then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients,
>> (Exchange
>> 2000 and Outlook 2002).
>>
>> Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with
>> another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply
>> an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz.com account,
>> it
>> defaults as having come from abc.com.
>>
>> Is there a way to configure Outlook/Exchange so that when an email is
>> sent
>> to user1@abc.com the reply comes from user1@abc.com, and when an email
>> arrives to user1@xyz.com the reply will show as coming from
>> user1@xyz.com?
>>
>> Ideally the solution will be as transparent as possible to the enduser,
>> preferably with them having to do nothing once the configuration changes
>> have
>> been made.
>>
>> Thanks for any and all ideas you may have.
>>
>> Chris

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/26/2006 5:56:34 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I will look into this approach

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Nothing natively in Outlook/Exchange, it is a much requested feature.
> 3rd party tools: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Good morning,
> >
> > Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that
> > receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument,
> > lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com.
> >
> > Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and
> > then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients,
> > (Exchange
> > 2000 and Outlook 2002).
> >
> > Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with
> > another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply
> > an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz.com account, it
> > defaults as having come from abc.com.
> >
> > Is there a way to configure Outlook/Exchange so that when an email is sent
> > to user1@abc.com the reply comes from user1@abc.com, and when an email
> > arrives to user1@xyz.com the reply will show as coming from user1@xyz.com?
> >
> > Ideally the solution will be as transparent as possible to the enduser,
> > preferably with them having to do nothing once the configuration changes
> > have
> > been made.
> >
> > Thanks for any and all ideas you may have.
> >
> > Chris

0
Chris6982 (632)

Printing Multiple Pages
How do I keep Excell from printing blank pages that are directly after my written page? Example, lets say had data on the second page but then deleted it, so there is only the first page of date remaning. When I go to print the document, and choose "all" in the print box, I get not only the first page but the blank second page as well. Is there some where I can change my settings to print only pages with data on them. Thank you Hi, You could try going to Print, then click on Preview(bottom left) the click on setup. Click on the radio button for "Fit to 1 pages wide b...

can i use
Hello, I am Pramod from INDIA. I have some code in C# and some code in VC+ +.NET. I want to know that , can I use my C# code in VC++.NET. if yes what's way to use it give me example. Thanks & regards Pramod Sahgal These articles may be intersting to you assuming you are trying to call managed code from unmanaged code. If you are using totally managed code in C++/CLI then it is less of an issue. http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/InterOp.asp http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread620468.html http://www.andymcm.com/csharpfaq.htm http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sd10k43k(...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

email access in outlook from a cruise ship
I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. -- doug blair doug blair wrote: > I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer > quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. > > > > i don't quote understand what you mean. if your cruise ship gives you access to the Internet, you should be able to use Outlook. Check with your mail provider to see if what kind of web access they = offer. This isn't an Outlook issue per se.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Using bitmaps with CPaintDC
Is the code below the right approach to displaying bitmaps to a dialog. And is there any obvious problems with it, such as not being consistently displayed on other monitors. Also I would need to display a number of (small) bitmaps side by side on rows, and will need to add scroll functionability to this dialog. Does anyone know of the best approach to displaying these bitmaps in rows, and then adding a scroll for just a certain area of the dialog where the bitmaps are displayed. The member variables bmp and cdc are declared in the class declaration. void CDCBmpTestDlg::OnPaint() { CPain...

Outlook address book with CRM
I am trying to create an address book in outlook that originates from Microsoft CRM. Can the CRM Sales for Outlook do this or is there something else I can use? ...

cannot send any emails all of a sudden
My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. I can receive emails but not send them. I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) they said that outlook 2007 is tagging my email address as supsected spam and not letting the server send it ... they had sme end a completely blank email from outlook - they sent it then sent it back to me showing a line. ... -- Gestrin gestrin wrote: > My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. > > I can receive emails but not send them. > > I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) &g...

Email sent to recipient 12 times
Greetings, We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all patches and hotfixes applied. My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1). Recently, one person recived a mail message from me twelve times! I only sent the message once. Oddly enough, only one person reported this problem to me; and I average about 100 emails sent to external recipients daily. Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or can anyone offer any suggestions or advice so that I may pursue and investigate this issue? Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Jackson Hillman Using POP mail anywhere, or is Excha...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

Automate processing of recieved email in Exchange
Hi All, I need to parse incoming e-mail (to a particular email address hosted on an Exchange server). The email is generated by a web site which then encrypts the data with PGP and sends it to a specific address. Can Exchange be programmed to decrypt the e-mail and safe the contents to a file? If not, are there any third party software anyone knows about that may assist? Thanks, best regards, Matt Seddon. ...

Multiple If True Values?
Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and if a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. Start by experimenting with Format|Conditional Formatting Then come back if more help is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DC594F-6045-4A81-B8B9-19F295A2AAA5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and &g...

100% CPU used by SQL and HQClient
We are seeing both HQ Client and SQL tie up resources at the store servers during connection to HQ. This can slow access to the store database by registers for a long period of time. Anyone else seeing similar performance issues on store servers? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_059A_01C7B449.07A22E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Make sure you're running 1.3 or higher. Consider more RAM and processor = speed. Maybe even dedicate a processor core to it. --=20 Regards, Jeff...

Using a publisher document with images in list builder
I have created a newsletter in Publisher, saved as a web page, tried to upload to list builder - but when we get to the point where we need to upload the images , there are many more images listed than what I have actually used in the doc. And I can't get the 4 images that ARE in the document to load correctly in the right spots. It is asking me to upload about 12 images and like I said, we have only included 4 - a logo and 4 seasonal images. I have pulled my hair out all day trying to accomplish a mass mailing and could really use some help with this last hurdle. ...

Importing with Multiple delimiters
I am trying to import some very large flat files which use |~| as the delimter. Does anyone know how to import this data into excel or access? Or have VB code which will model importing and parsing this large file. Starting with 30,000 to 600,000 lines in each text file--only need 3-10 items in the whole.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This is very easy to do, not in EXCEL, but ACCESS. Create a new database. When you see the new database windo...

SMTP Addresses #8
Hi, I am trying to export a list of email addresses from our Exchange 2003 instlalation. I am need to compile a text based list of the smtp email addresses only without LDAP info or display names etc. any ideas On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 16:31:02 -0800, Andy Wolsten <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to export a list of email addresses from our Exchange 2003 >instlalation. > >I am need to compile a text based list of the smtp email addresses only >without LDAP info or display names etc. > >any ideas Do a query filtering on...

create a replica of exchange database file using SAN
Hi: We would like to create a replica of Exchange 2003 database files using SAN. I would like to know whether that will give us a usable copy of the database files, which we could restore later, or will it cause any problems. Thanx for your replies. -- peter Peter- This is something you'd have to take up with the replication sw/hw provider. I've never played with it. I know there are hardware and software based things out there (e.g Veritas Volume Replicator). -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "peter" <...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

cant open a link from an email
i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click on a link in the email i get a error that says: "This opperation has been cancled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" i have look into the zone settings and cant get this fixed. any help to get this to work would be appriciated. jmilner@iconicnetworks.com <jmilner@iconicnetworks.com> wrote: > i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click > on a link in the email i get a error that says: > "This opperation has been...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

The format of the e-mail address is incorrect
Good Morning, I'm getting the following message when attempting to send mail to anyone with an apostrophe in the domain name (ie. john.smith@wendy's.com) The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'mark_eganhouse@wendy's.com' on 2/22/2005 2:13 PM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Any help would greatly be apreciated get rid of the ' it is wendys.com "JZaragozaJr" <JZaragozaJr@discussi...

Outgoing email attachments
We currently use Ipswitch's ICS for email here. But I'm interested to know if Exchange is capable of the following (ICS is not) as we're looking for alternatives to ICS: 1. I want to allow all INCOMING emails to users containing attachments (as long they pass anti-virus scans of course). 2. I want to allow all OUTGOING emails from our users containing attachments to within our own domain. 3. I want to block all or some attachments (based on file types) for OUTGOING emails to external domains for certain users - not all users. Of course, this is for security reasons as we ...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....

Test
Test JustAsking wrote: > Test Apparently you have not heard of or are too lazy to look for *.test newsgroups (those whose name ends in ".test"). That is what they are for. This is not a test newsgroup! So is it bright and sunny there in Stockton-Modesto, Calif? They might be all shook up. :) In case you were not aware, there were issues with the news servers and many posts are missing or delayed. It's possible he wanted to test this group specifically to see if the post made it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-ti...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...