How to Check/Track BIS (BlackBerry) Users?

We use Eaxchange 2003 and have Outlook Web Access enabled.  We have users who
are accesing their Exchange email on BlackBerry's via the BIS OWA connection
option.

1. How can an Exchange Administrator tell which users are accessing OWA via
BIS?
2. Are their settings that would allow OWA to remain turned on but BIS
access disabled?

Thank you.
Clark
0
Clark (30)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:41:01 -0700, Clark
<Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We use Eaxchange 2003 and have Outlook Web Access enabled.  We have users who
>are accesing their Exchange email on BlackBerry's via the BIS OWA connection
>option.
>
>1. How can an Exchange Administrator tell which users are accessing OWA via
>BIS?
>2. Are their settings that would allow OWA to remain turned on but BIS
>access disabled?
>
>Thank you.
>Clark

IIS logs on the OWA server?
0
adavid (8731)
4/5/2006 1:03:02 AM
Thanks for the reply Andy.

As out logs are quite large I'm tryign to ID attributes we should be
searching on.  Do BIS servers at the cell companies have a particular server
name, IP addr, soem other idenfitying attribute we can use to search?

Anyone done/doing this?

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:41:01 -0700, Clark
> <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We use Eaxchange 2003 and have Outlook Web Access enabled.  We have users who
> >are accesing their Exchange email on BlackBerry's via the BIS OWA connection
> >option.
> >
> >1. How can an Exchange Administrator tell which users are accessing OWA via
> >BIS?
> >2. Are their settings that would allow OWA to remain turned on but BIS
> >access disabled?
> >
> >Thank you.
> >Clark
>

> IIS logs on the OWA server?

0
Clark (30)

pop3 connector not delievering messages to users.
Yesterday I moved my exchange store in SBS2003 from one drive (C:) to another drive (D:), because c: was full. Shortly after that I started experiencing my problem. When someone send a message to me it goes to my pop account. Then the message gets downloaded via the pop3 connector. However it never gets to the users mailbox. I have mounted and dismounted the store several times. Also I hva restarted the server several times. Anyone have any ideas? In news:66AD2A7D-98C7-4DF7-B7F9-CE4E28D40568@microsoft.com, Jason <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Yesterday I moved my e...

I don't get all my messages on laptop but do on blackberry
For a while, I did receive all my messages in Outlook on my laptop, but for the last week, reciept is spotty -- I know that because I get all my messages on my blackberry. Any ideas what to do? Do you have your blackberry set to remove messages from the server after download? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Blondie asked: | For a while, I did receive all my messages in Outlook on my laptop, | bu...

Still having trouble with user form
Doug and Graham gave me some tips last week on this but it was over my head. Hoping someone can walk through the solution to this. I'll keep it basic and hopefully once I grasp the concept, I can take it to the next level. I have a drop down list with two choices, ESTATE and EXECUTIVE created with VBA. If estate is selected, a line of text will read "CATHEDRAL CEILING". If executive is selected, that same line will be replaced with "FLAT CEILING". Ultimately, there will be more choices and they will affect a number of separate text lines each. In Grahams tu...

allow user to change workbook while in Msgbox or InputBox
Hi guys, This is probably a question of vocab - I didn't know the right terms to search for, so my apologies if this has been answered. I need to prompt a user to select a chart and then set that chart to a variable in my code. The trick is that the chart will be in a different workbook; is there a way to pop up a message, allow the user to activate a different workbook and then return to the message a click OK? I don't know if msgbox or inputbox would allow this. The general schematic is as follows: Dim ch as Chart dim ans as Integer On Error Resume Next ans = MsgBox("Please...

Reverse Printing of Checks
My checks feed into my 7550 printer in the correct order, but blank side of the page facing upward in the paper tray. The general settings on my computer call for printing documents in reverse order so that when printing is finished, word documents are in order 1,2,3,4 ...etc. when lifted from the drying tray. When I print checks in money, there is no similar setting for check printing, so the checks enter the printer in the order on the check, e.g. 2001,2002, 2003, etc, but the program records them as 2003,2002, 2001, etc. The net effect is that the number on the check doesn not match th...

Edit Spell check
Can anyone tell me how I might be able to remove words that I've "added" to spell check by mistake? Thanks! Options - Spelling - Edit Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Dan R" wrote in message news:1ED52DF7-5900-4A6F-98C2-5872C3E4799F@microsoft.com... Can anyone tell me how I might be able to remove words that I've "added" to spell check by mistake? Thanks! ...

must have more than one check in que to print
Microsoft money will not show that just one check is to be printed. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks in advance!! Gejage@aol.com See other thread you also poked into. The answer posted in the other thread (twice now?) may work for you. "Gejage" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082801c3ce23$56e26280$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Microsoft money will not show that just one check is to be > printed. Is there a way to correct this? ...

Creating user after big mess up
I had an issue with license and followed a recommended procedure of removing and reinstalling the license. Now I have locked everyone out of CRM! I can't add users through Deployment manager it gives me the error: "The user has not been granted any licenses or the user has not been assigned any roles (80042f09)" I can not open CRM because there are no users installed. I am running windows server 2003 w/sp1 and SQL with latest SP. Running CRM 1.2 Any help would be appreciated! Are you the admin of CRM. can you log onto the system with that account? -- John O'Donnell ...

Creating CRM user
When attempting to create a new CRM user in the user manager wizard, I get the following error after selecting a user from the list of domain users. "You don't have sufficient security privileges to run the user manager wizard." The server is running Windows 2000 server, not 2003 like I have seen on other similar inquiries. Any direction is appreciated. Thanks, I think you need to first liscense the server in deployment manager/liscence manager. Then try to add users in settings through the web interface to verify that you are liscensed and set up properly. BK "A...

Letter Writing Assistance
Include in the "Add Vendor Fields" list the vendor check name. Several occasions occur where the vendor check name is the more appropriate choice than the vendor name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Viewing other user's e-mail
I am the administrator of our network running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. I am trying to figure out how to view other people's e-mail folders from within the System Manager. I went through Method 1 on KB article 821897 and I now have the Security tab available. I then went into System Manager, went to the properties of the First Organization and removed the Deny setting for "Receive As" ans "Send As". I just don't get how to actually open another user's mailbox. What am I missing? ...

blackberry synchronization
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I downloaded the new blackberry desktop manager to my mac. I used to synchronize to entourage. How do I get the info to entourage now? None of the new info I sync goes to entourage. I have enabled the sync application. neo...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I downloaded the new blackberry desktop manager to my mac. I used > to synchronize to entourage. How do I get the info to entourage now? > None of the new info I s...

Outlook Aborts after Switching Users
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3C3EB.A754CFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a fresh installation of Windows XP Professional and Office XP = Standard with all the current critical updates and all the applicable = Windows XP and Office XP recommended updates installed. My system has = two users (both with administrator privileges) plus the Administrator = account. When one user (either one) runs and closes Outlook, then the other user = logs on and runs Outlook, the secon...

Non CRM Email Tracked
We used the Rules Deployment Wizard to add rules for all of our CRM Users. Today the CRM Admin email addresses received all emails that these users sent. They did not "Track in CRM" for these emails. There options are sent to track only emails with a CRM Tracking Token. Any idea why all emails are being tracked in CRM? We only want to track emails with the "Track in CRM" button selected. ...

Checking if txtbox is null and DCount parameter
Greetings, I have the following code assigned to previous record navigation button (See below) :- How do I use the Is not null ?? Testing the code the Me.txtAwardId is populated but during the DCount execution I get the error "The expression you entered as a query parameter produced the error: 'StrAward' Can anyone assist? Thanks VBA code attached to button. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToPrevious Dim SAwards As Integer Dim StrAward As String 'IsNotNull (Forms![frmCreateAward]!txtAwardId StrAward = Me.txtAwardId SAwards = DCount("[StudentID]", &q...

How to change the user name that is displayed in the start name
It shows up as trjbaile, I'd like to display Trevor Bailey. (ref to figure b in this link and replace Steve with trbaile :-) http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1046751.html On 3/10/2010 4:16 PM, trev-b wrote: > > It shows up as trjbaile, I'd like to display Trevor Bailey. > > (ref to figure b in this link and replace Steve with trbaile :-) > > http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1046751.html Control Panel > User Accounts, click on your user name and then "Change My Name." ...

two users, one computer, shared folders??
I am trying to set up Outlook so that two different users can access the same Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc. Has anyone done this successfully? So far I have two users with two independent sets of folders, but I want the same Calendar etc. to show up for both users. thanks! What operating system and version of Outlook are you using? Do you use windows profiles or only Outlook profiles? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Sue G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Allowing only Date and Integer for user form
I have a user form and as part of the procedure when I click OK is the following .... 'Make sure a number is entered If TextName1 = "" Then MsgBox "You must enter a number." Exit Sub End If 'Transfer the number If Range("M5") = True Then Range("O5") = TextName1 If TextName2 = "" Then MsgBox "You must enter a date." Exit Sub End If 'Transfer the date If Range("M5") = True Then Range("P5") = TextName2 1. I would like to make sure that only an integer is...

How to check row is hidden when apply filter
Hi All For Excel 2003 When Apply Filter , How to check the row have been filtered out ? Below coding include filtered out row. iRows = Application.Selection.Rows.Count iCols = Application.Selection.Columns.Count For ir = 1 To iRows ..... Next You can count the visible cells in a column in the autofilter range: With activesheet.autofilter.range.columns(1) if .cells.count = .cells.specialcells(xlcelltypevisible).cells.count then 'all visible else 'not all visible end if end with But that doesn't tell you if the data has been filtered...

How Do I change the User name field
Running WinXp SP2 with Office 2000 I have 100+ PCs that I need to change the Username field so that when the user gets 'File is locked' message, I know who originally opened the file. I know this can be manually done by going Tools - Options - General. But with 100+ PCs I would prefer to able to this either by Group policy or a script?? Does anyone have any ideas. ...

I just want to create a check list for my snow pushing business c.
I do not know how to use the excel program and I want to create a place for the name of the business , then colums with lines to have the date and check off who had their snow pushed. Susan wrote: > I do not know how to use the excel program and I want to create a place for > the name of the business , then colums with lines to have the date and check > off who had their snow pushed. I suggest you go to your local bookstore and buy "Excel for Dummies" Susan wrote: > I do not know how to use the excel program and I want to create a place for > the name of the bu...

Spell check on html messages
Still using Outlook 2000, hoping there is a known fix besides updating... When a user responds to an HTML message, the system hangs on the spell-check function, leaving only the option of rebooting computer. Any thoughts or suggestions please? Thanks, Joe did you try a repair? (rerun setup if repair is not an option) I would probably try renaming the custom.dic file to see if it helps (rename back if it doesn't help) -- "joe busch" <jbusch@ui.urban.org> wrote in message news:%23mE6IdwCGHA.3876@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Still using Outlook 2000, hoping there ...

Current User association
Access 2003: I am using the module from http://mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm to obtain the current user. This works great. But it returns the 'coded' login DomainName assigned by the employer for the individual to enter when logging in. It is not the individuals actual name. Currently we have a form that displays the 'coded' fOSUserName. We would like to have the individual's actual name on the form instead. I have a table listing the DomainName (same as fOSUserName) in one column and the individual's name in another column. How do I create a string, say...

External users in same domain
I have a unique situation. I have a domain (use xyz.com for example). I have Exchange server setup but not utilizing it in the usual way. Using SMTP to send mail but a POP connector to retrieve mail from mailboxes at the domain host (external ISP hosting xyz.com) I have to do this because I have users in different geographical locations and they receive their mail thru Outlook by connecting to the external POP accounts at the ISP hosting xyz.com. These external users do not usually connect to my Exchange Server, but they are in the same domain xyz.com. From within my Exchange organ...

Component Trnsaction Entry - Allocation Problem
hi to all, I am using GP 9.0..... I faced a problem in manufacturing on the component transaction entry; the case as follows: I defined an item and it is tracked by lot, I add it to the BOM and create a MO. then I allocate the items using component transaction entry screen ...... then I issued the items ....... when I checked the item inquery I saw that the item that tracked by lot is still allocated ...... but when I check the transaction behind the Allocated field there is no transaction ........ I did an inventory Reconcliation then the quantities adjusted to zero on the allocated ...