How to check port

Hi All,

I have a problem checking the port that is use by my exchange server. Can I
know how to check the port that is using by exchange 5.5 and exchange 2000?
by default i know that exchange is using port 389. because this exchange is
not setup by me and I not able to contact the person that setup this
exchange. Hope someone can tell me. thank you.

eng
0
Eng (1)

=?Utf-8?B?RW5n?= <Eng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have a problem checking the port that is use by my exchange server.
> Can I know how to check the port that is using by exchange 5.5 and
> exchange 2000? by default i know that exchange is using port 389.
> because this exchange is not setup by me and I not able to contact the
> person that setup this exchange. Hope someone can tell me. thank you.

I need a little more information. You could do a port scan on the server
in question to see where it is listening. I'd suggest nmap. If you are
wondering about what ports exchange uses by default you can look here:

http://www.petri.co.il/ports_used_by_exchange.htm

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/hackertools/a/aafreeportscan.htm

"Eng" <Eng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem checking the port that is use by my exchange server. Can
> know how to check the port that is using by exchange 5.5 and exchange
2000?
> by default i know that exchange is using port 389. because this exchange
is
> not setup by me and I not able to contact the person that setup this
> exchange. Hope someone can tell me. thank you.
>
> eng

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Spell Check with Outlook Express
Is there anyway to enable spell check, within Outook Express, without having any other office software installed? Try this link: http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=2952&file=15&evp=fd818e156b73bb2cb87f63c190fca1dd The above link will download the file for you and save it on your system. You then need to install it. I hope you know how to do it. Please don't click on any other links while your link is waiting to open because you don't want anything else from that website. You can read about it here: http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952 hth...

Add Check Links for Fixed Assets
In GP v9 we have experienced issues in the FA tables that cannot be resolved without direct intervention in the database. For example we have discovered numerous rows in the the Asset Purchase Master table (FA01400) with invalid ASSETINDEX ids. There is no corresponding asset in the Asset Account Master table (FA00400) or in the Asset General Information Master (FA00100) with a matching ASSETINDEX id. In other modules, including the GP core, there are Check Link processes avaialbe to discover and correct these type of data issues. There should be something in Check Links for the FA...

Check marks with mouse click in Excel Spreadsheet
Can somebody help me with this dilema. I want to have checks each tim I'm in a row/column in an excel spreadsheet, sort of like checking of things done on a chore list, but using the mouse left click. Anyone?????? Thanks Riki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rikia, here is one way Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) '**Put in worksheet code will put a check mark in column C, 'when you click in it, Click in the cell again and it will remove it If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column = 3 Then If Len(Trim(Target.Val...

FW: Check this important update from the Microsoft
--zamjonowjufbm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ioamlxsvtc"; type="multipart/alternative" --ioamlxsvtc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ubjsauqn" --ubjsauqn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your comp...

User Access Setup
Is there a limitation to how many users can grant or un-grant access to different company databases in User Access Setup. Here's the scenario: GP 10.0 - 2 Users are Power Users One user has the ability to check and un-check boxes in the User Access Setup window. The other User can get there, but all of the boxes are grayed out..unable to actually do anything in the window. There is some other unexpected behavior with the one user, so I though I would test and create a brand new user and grant poweruser access and see if there was a difference. The result was that the new user ...

Report to view all paid and applied invoices for a specific check
I'd like to see all the paid and applied invoices for a specific vendor and/or check. The applied invoices I was looking for are also in a previous year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGrou...

Debit Cards along with check processing
I think we can deal with the credit cards and checks through PC Charge, it was a lot easier to setup and use than TPI. My question is for Debit Cards; when you run a debit card through POS, it says it is not configured to process debit cards and you need to configure in Administrator or read Administrator online help. When you go to the help, it says that RMS only supports debit transactions through Citibank EDC software which is now Preferred Acquirer Credit/Debit Card Processing which I believe does not do the check verification as does the EDC software option for PC Charge. What ...

Check the SubItems of the ListControl
hi all, i want to check the Items in the ListControl SubItems, but by default the ListControl First Item gives checked. any method to check the subitems also. thanks, uday. Out of the box, there is no way to add check/uncheck functionality to subitems, but by using ownerdarw it is possible to do so. G Himangi, Sky Software http://www.ssware.com *Shell MegaPack for ActiveX & .Net : Advanced Controls for Drop-In Windows Explorer GUI for your App. *EZNamespaceExtensions.Net : Rapid Development of Shell Namespace Extensions in .Net *EZShellExtensions.Net : Rapid Development of IE Toolb...

command line
How do I do this? I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my needs I need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" Please don't bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this. The following runs great if the port already exists. rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscr...

CRM Grids with no check boxes
The check boxes that display in the contact grid and account grid are not displaying. How can I fix this? The check boxes are used to select the contact or account that you want to act on or mail merge to. Please help. What version of CRM are you useing? 1.0 or 1.2? the checkboxes were removed in CRM 1.2 and can be selected byt using the CTRL or SHIFT key for multiple selections. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:896e01c432b0$fec8c560$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The check boxes that display in the contact grid and > account grid are not displaying. How...

Duplicate checks printed in PM
Has anyone run into the problem of having 2 checks print in a check batch for the same vendor? The first check was for the correct vendor, invoice & amount, the second was for the same vendor, and amount, but the invoice was marked "prepayment". Any help will be appreciated. -- Finance Manager, *Amb. Surg. Ctr. ...

Use OMA High Port Problem
I set my Exchange server to use high (non-standard) ports for HTTP and HTTPS. WinMobile 5.0 users can't seem to connect to http://domain.com:1130/oma anymore, why? ...

Ports needed for Exchange 2003 through firewall
Good morning, We're implementing our first Exchange server, and we'd like to put the server in the DMZ. That of course means that the server will need to authenticate to the existing AD Domain through a firewall. We won't be using any SSL enabled protocols (IMAP over SSL, etc), nor will we be using any POP protocols. Has anyone out there implemented a solution where the Exchange server authenticates to its domain through a firewall, and if so, does anyone have a list of required ports to allow through the firewall? Thanks in advance! Matt Nowell Here you go: http://www.win...

printing checks with description on check
I'm trying to print checks with the description on the check. I fill in the description box with the appropriate account number when editing the checks. When I print out the checks the description is not on the check. The field to change is StndCost in IV00101. After resetting the values, make sure to make the appropriate GL adjustments to the Inventory Asset Accounts. You can get information on how Dynamics GP and GreatPlains works from books available at www.AccoladePublications.com. Richard L. Whaley Senior Business Consultant "Jason" wrote: > I'm trying ...

Check Box to another form!
On my opening form I have a Yes/No Check Box that when is True make certain Controls Visible, Is it possible to assign other controls on other forms to that check box...Thanks For any help...Bob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote > On my opening form I have a Yes/No Check > Box that when is True make certain Controls > Visible, Is it possible to assign other controls > on other forms to that check box... Could you clarify "assign other controls on other forms to that check box"? I am not familiar with the idea of "assigning other controls" to ...

Time Difference
Greetings, I have 3 columns in a worksheet. Col A: Shows time information as a string Col B: Some task that need to be performed based on time information provided in Col A Col C: This is entered manually to tell when the task was actually performed. Example: Col A Col B Col C (Updated time) 5:00 PM Do something 5:20 PM There is a requirement that whenever the time difference between Col A and Col C is more than 30 mins, user should be prompted up an message showing where the discrepany is when he tries to either close or save...

Spell check with protected worksheet #2
Does anyone know how do setup that user can use spell check on the unprotected range even with the protection is on? Hi not possible. You may create a macro (record one) which first unprotects the worksheet, then runs the spell checker and protects the sheet again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tsi Waipahu" <TsiWaipahu@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0CF74CDF-5EF5-43CE-9FCD-8DA1CFC73830@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how do setup that user can use spell check on the > unprotected range even with the protection is on? Such a ma...

check between 2 dates
Hi Is it possible to have excel check a date range from something like a form? for example: I have various data entries on a sheet, the first column has dates (01/01/04) format. I would like to be able to check something like: 01/01/04 to 05/01/04. Thanks in advance Paul Hi Paul! Try: =IF(AND(A1>=--"2004-01-01",A1<--"2004-05-01"),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=DATE(2004,1,1),A1<DATE(2004,5,1)),TRUE) OR: =IF(AND(A1>=E1,A1<E2),TRUE) The third form is usually best as hard coding makes formulas less adaptable. The second form might be better if the DATE argument...

Check box continue
Forgot to attach this information to mail about Check Boxes. Policy Name Policy Contract # Monthly Premium Y/N «Policy_Name» «Policy_» «Amount» «Policy_Name2» «Policy_2» «Amount2» «Policy_Name3» «Policy_3» «Amount3» «Policy_Name4» «Policy_4» «Amount4» Can you give us a bit more information on the while process/what it is that you want to do? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consu...

Check the correction update
--kpijidruq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="letgfjcjktlscrxf"; type="multipart/alternative" --letgfjcjktlscrxf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tcbpluskemssxgh" --tcbpluskemssxgh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulner...

Outlook Checking Forcing sequential check of multiple pop accounts
I've been bouncing back and forth between outlook and outlook express for quite a while now and I'd use outlook primarily except I'm getting frustrated with how it handles send/receive for multiple POP accounts. If I perform a general send and receive, even after semi limiting the accounts through groups, the downloading of messages takes a long time. I often run into problems where my connection to one of my servers is reset and the ever dreaded problem of duplicate messages. If I do a send/receive on a mailbox by mailbox basis, the downloads are quick and I never seem to run in...

Spell Checking #4
I am running Outlook 2003 but cannot find a way of stopping the spell check from checking all of the text when replying to e-mails. I have checked the settings under Tools-Options-Spelling and the 'Ignore original message text in reply or forward' is ticked. I have tried unticking and re-applying but this has had no effect. Also, although the dictionary is set to English (U.K.), when the spell check dialogue box comes up it is bannered English (U.S.)! Any ideas? Thanks. if you have outlook set to add > or other prefix, it will always spell check - about half the time ...

Spell Check Help
Good Day, I have this code in my text box that accepts text (memo): If Len(Me!CASEFACTS & "") > 0 Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling Else Exit Sub End If The only problem I'm having with spell check is that it checks the whole form. I just want to spell check only the textbox that the code is in. Is this possible? bladelock, That is an issue, so I use the one below. I added the line * If ctlSpell.BackColor = 15400959 Then* so that any box on a form I want spell checked I tint that color and it only checks that one. Us...

Dependancy checking MFC Release exe
Hi, I have finished developing my application and have compiled it to a statically linked release exe. My app includes a datagrid which i bind to/populate from a SQL database using ADO. I use #import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll" no_namespace rename( "EOF", "adoEOF" ) in my stdafh.h file but this dll is not listed using Depends.exe. When i put the release exe on the target machine and run the app i get a message "cannot initialise data bindings". I assume this has got something to do with a missing dll? The target m...

Check box
I have this check box...then I only want them to insert data when the check box is being checked and not just click. May I know how to code the line? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Aug 7, 9:48 pm, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote: > I have this check box...then I only want them to insert data when the check > box is being checked and not just click. > > May I know how to code the line? > > -- > Message posted viahttp://www.accessmonster.com Emily, I think if you do a conditional check of value of the check bo...