How to add e-mail disclaimer on bottom; article not clear

Exch2003 Sp1.
Can you clarify in which server (SMTP Connector, or mailbox servers?) I
should run

cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 onarrival SMTPScriptingHost
CDO.SS_SMTPOnArrivalSink "mail from=*@your-domain-here.com"

as informed on the article below. I think it should be the SMTP connector
servers, but I want to clarify.
Isn't there any built-in way to do this on Exch2003 SP2 perhaps ?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680#appliesto

On Wed, 3 May 2006 06:45:17 -0700, "Marlon Brown"
<MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Exch2003 Sp1.
>Can you clarify in which server (SMTP Connector, or mailbox servers?) I
>should run
>
>cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 onarrival SMTPScriptingHost
>CDO.SS_SMTPOnArrivalSink "mail from=*@your-domain-here.com"
>
>as informed on the article below. I think it should be the SMTP connector
>servers, but I want to clarify.
>Isn't there any built-in way to do this on Exch2003 SP2 perhaps ?
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680#appliesto

Unfortunately, that wont append a disclaimer to any mapi clients
however, so a 3rd party solution is probably a better bet.

http://www.msexchange.org/software/Disclaimers/

0
adavid (8731)
5/3/2006 1:53:18 PM
Darn. Too bad MS didn't add this simple feature on Exchange. Thanks.

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 May 2006 06:45:17 -0700, "Marlon Brown"
> <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Exch2003 Sp1.
>>Can you clarify in which server (SMTP Connector, or mailbox servers?) I
>>should run
>>
>>cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 onarrival SMTPScriptingHost
>>CDO.SS_SMTPOnArrivalSink "mail from=*@your-domain-here.com"
>>
>>as informed on the article below. I think it should be the SMTP connector
>>servers, but I want to clarify.
>>Isn't there any built-in way to do this on Exch2003 SP2 perhaps ?
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680#appliesto
>>

> Unfortunately, that wont append a disclaimer to any mapi clients
> however, so a 3rd party solution is probably a better bet.
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/software/Disclaimers/

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

I can add an extra calendar, but can't share it??
At my workplace we have a dozen of calendars for the rooms we use, like: - Meeting room1 - Meeting room2 - Jobcar1 - Jobcar2 and so on. Now we have calendar-books for each of them, and every time I want to reserve a room or the car I have to walk at least 50 meters... I thought it would have been nice if we could use Outlook calendar for this, I have now added a calendar, but it's not possible for anybody else to open it..? why? Are there better ways of doing this? (I know there are web-calendars and so on, but outlook would be much more convenient).. Best regards, =D8ystein In ne...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

How do I delete outbox e-mails that aren't sent.
I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "jwinn" wrote: > I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my > outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. ...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

Spam mail coming from my own Email address
Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not block mail from personal contacts including my own address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing this and the cure?? (I had an earlier reply to this question questioning why I would send an E mail to myself. If that person read this again, it simple. I use my Email both at work and at home and very often will forward material to myself so I can retrieve i...

using A5 paper as a booklet in Publisher 2007 i.e 4 A6 sides
In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make this work in 2007 -- mumbles star Use one of the Avery A4/A5 templates. C9355 works... If you use the A5 folded down to A6 it makes a small publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mumbles" <mumbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA578767-48DF-4896-8E8C-FD17ECAEB500@microsoft.com... > In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make > this work in 2007 > -- > mum...

Outlook 2003 & POP3/SMPT Mail Servers
Hi...I can't get my Outlook 2003 to connect to my Network Solutions e-mail account. I was receiving e-mail just fine before on Outlook Express, but ever since I bought a new laptop running XP and upgraded to Office for Small Businesses, I can't get it to check for e-mail. All of my settings are the same. I wasn't able to send mail before because my ISP is AOL, but I at least would receive my e-mail. When I test my e-mail settings, Outlook 2003 goes through everything fine except for the send test e-mail step. Could this be a Firewall issue? HELP!!! What error do you ...

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

Deleting/Moving E-Mail Messages
Hi, My company is currently useing MS Office XP, 2000, and 97 (most people are using 97). When some users try to delete or move messages in Outlook (it does not matter which release) they receive a message that it can't be done. I think it may be because they have many messages on the Exchange Server and their account is very large, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any information on how to correct this problem? Users are having a difficult time deleting messages or moving them into another folder. Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Toegang geven voor e-mailadressen?
Als ik in Outlook XP (met SP3) berichten wil doorsturen dan krijg ik de volgende melding: "Er wordt vanuit een programma geprobeerd toegang te verkrijgen tot e- mailadressen die u in Outlook hebt opgeslagen. Wilt u dit toestaan?". Je kunt dan toegang geven voor 1 of meerder minuten. Wie of wat genereerd deze melding?? Voorheen heb ik deze melding nooit gehad?? Hoe dit te verhelpen?? Hoi Joep, dit is eigenlijk een Engelse newsgroup. De berichten worden veroorzaakt door een add-in die je gi�nstalleerd hebt. Een heleboel add-ins zijn ondertussen geupdate om deze meldingen niet m...

I want to add new Tab for all the entity even for custom entity
Hi, I have requirement to add new Tab for all the entity even for custom Entity. In EntityName > Details > Information there are 4 tabs - General, Details, Administration, Notes. How do I add another tab over there? Regards, Chittu Hi, You need to open each entity’s form and then add new tab. There is no one step to get it effected on all entities. Settings -> Customization -> Customize entity -> Account -> forms and Views -> Account Form -> Add Tab -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freel...

incoming mail #2
when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted items folder. Can someone help me with this Sounds like you have a rule running. Maybe a junk list filter? >-----Original Message----- >when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted >items folder. Can someone help me with this >. > ...

1D, 2D, 3D, 4D and ND interpolation Excel Add-in (xll)
Hi, You can find here http://xongrid.sourceforge.net/ A new interpolation xll add-in for 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D or ND interpolation on scattered data ...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Backgrond color missing in e mails
When I put a background color in my e mails, it is missing when the recipiant receives it. It is always white no matter what color I use. Thanks, mj Does the recipient have HTML capable mail client? Are you on Exchange server? Is the server set to strip formatting? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, MJ asked: | When I put a background color in my e ...

Windows Mail
When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox I hope someone has a suggestion. thanks Arthur The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and re...

bad mail #3
We regularly have email sent to us where the recipients name is incorrectly spelt causing the mail to get bounced. Is their a way within exchange 2003 that these email or others that contain our @domain.com be delivered to a bad mail account so we can manually filter what’s needed or not. Thanks David On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 02:05:02 -0800, Daveed <Daveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We regularly have email sent to us where the recipients name is incorrectly >spelt causing the mail to get bounced. >Is their a way within exchange 2003 that these email or others that contain &...

Configuring e-mail accounts
how can I configure an Outlook account to open my yahoo mail? details needed thanks Ahmed Mostafa wrote: || how can I configure an Outlook account to open my yahoo mail? || || details needed || || thanks Have you asked Yahoo? Do you have a paid-for Yahoo account (unless you are in the UK and one or two other places) -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Office Picture Manager e-mail option greyed out
Hello, Using the Office Picture Manager, I select a picture, then select e-mail pictures. Within this pop up on the right hand side, i am supposed to be able to Attach, Display as previewed, and then create message. Only thing is all of the selections are grayed out and nothing can be selected. Questions are, Is Picture Manager hard coded to use Outlook or Outlook Express only? Are there any registry settings which might be massaged to point to another e-mail program? Thanks ...

Problem Sending e-mails #2
People to whom I've sent e-mails recently haven't had them. When I check the settings & use the test account setting button I get a message stating"......unable to send test message. Please verify E-mail address field" I have checked the fields and they are all in order. Wondering if this could be a sever problem I sent a test message using Thunderbird & it was received ok. Any suggestions please? Henry ...

Using Mail Merge with Criteria in a Access query
Hi; In access 2000-2003 it was possible to use the Mail Merge function in Word to access a query that has criteria required for input. You can select the Word document and then the database is opened and the criteria box is opened for input (Enter Parameter Value). This then produces the data for the letters. It used a DDE connection between Word and Access. In Office 2007 the mail merge help document says to go to the Access database and select the query and lists how to link to an existing or new letter. The DDE connection is listed but does not attach to the query? It alway...

Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2007 XP Pro SP2 ISP: Comcast =20 Problem: Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server =20 I have checked Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' =20 When I use Empty Deleted Items Folder, nothing is deleted from the Comast server. =20 Does this feature work with Comcast mail servers? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

Windows Live Mail #2
Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have liked what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a similar version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same. This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks. Are these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I am happy with Outlook. Thanks. -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" in <news:g497t3$1sl$1@registered.motzarella.org> wrote: > Ok, I...

I want to allow mail forwarding for another domain
I have a user setup in AD with mail forwarding to an external contact/email. Only the users added to the "Accept messages from" are able to send mail using my smtp connector, so when an internal user sends mail, it forwards properly. When an external domain sends mail to this user, it does not forward. I cannot add a @domain.com to the list of Accept messages from. I tried adding the domain to the recipient policy but it doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Gruen What you're observing is by design because external mail isn't authenticated. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Excha...