How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?

Hey everyone,

We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.  Our email domain is
"mycompany.com".  We would like to tell Exchange also except email for
domain "newdomain.com".  How do I add that at the Exchange level?  I now
about DNS, MX records and all of that.  We don't need all of that, we are
just running a test.  Thanks for any and all help.

Clayton

0
none89 (807)

Recipient Policy
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone,
>
> We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.  Our email domain is
> "mycompany.com".  We would like to tell Exchange also except email for
> domain "newdomain.com".  How do I add that at the Exchange level?  I now
> about DNS, MX records and all of that.  We don't need all of that, we are
> just running a test.  Thanks for any and all help.
>

> Clayton

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
1/27/2006 6:08:51 PM
Thanks Bhart,

That's what I needed, our test worked!

Lamar

"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> Recipient Policy
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838
>

> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.  Our email domain is
>> "mycompany.com".  We would like to tell Exchange also except email for
>> domain "newdomain.com".  How do I add that at the Exchange level?  I now
>> about DNS, MX records and all of that.  We don't need all of that, we are
>> just running a test.  Thanks for any and all help.
>>

>> Clayton

0
none89 (807)
1/27/2006 7:56:48 PM
Thanks, I too found that article helpful, but I feel there may be one
more step I am missing. After completing the Recipient Policy changes,
and generating a new @newdomain.com address for a user, and attempting
to send a test message from a mail service outside the organization
(yahoo mail is my test source system), I get back  an Non-Delivery
error as:

-- begin error message --
<donny@newdomain.com>:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for donny@newdomain.com
Giving up on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
-- end error message --

(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of my mail server)

I  have relaying turned off for the Default SMTP Virtual Server on
this mail server via Properties of this VS, Access, Relay Restrictions
(only allowing computers that can authenticate to relay).

I some how have the feeling I additionally need to tell the routing
engine that @newdomain.com needs to be delivered here.

Any referral to documentation on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks
Don

--- Below this line is a copy of

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:08:51 -0800, "Bharat Suneja"
<bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:

>Recipient Policy
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838

0
donny
1/27/2006 8:44:34 PM
My bad ... I found my issue, and the KB article you referenced was all
I really needed. (oh that, and better typing skills.)

Thanks
Don

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:44:34 -0800, donny <.@.net> wrote:

>Thanks, I too found that article helpful, but I feel there may be one
>more step I am missing. After completing the Recipient Policy changes,
>and generating a new @newdomain.com address for a user, and attempting
>to send a test message from a mail service outside the organization
>(yahoo mail is my test source system), I get back  an Non-Delivery
>error as:
>
>-- begin error message --
><donny@newdomain.com>:
>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient.
>Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for donny@newdomain.com
>Giving up on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
>-- end error message --
>
>(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of my mail server)
>

>I  have relaying turned off for the Default SMTP Virtual Server on
>this mail server via Properties of this VS, Access, Relay Restrictions
>(only allowing computers that can authenticate to relay).
>
>I some how have the feeling I additionally need to tell the routing
>engine that @newdomain.com needs to be delivered here.
>
>Any referral to documentation on this topic would be appreciated.
>

>Thanks
>Don
>

>--- Below this line is a copy of
>
>On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:08:51 -0800, "Bharat Suneja"
><bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:
>
>>Recipient Policy
>>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838

0
donny

Manual uninstall of Exchange 2003
After doing a manual uninstall of Exchange 2003, I need to remove the server from the ESM, but it gives me the following error message: Cannot delete this server because one or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. I made sure to move all mailboxes from the server and removed all public folder replicas prior to uninstall installing. I also went thru the steps laid out in KB307917. The only mailboxes remaining were system mailboxes. Can I use adsiedit to remove the server from ESM and would that cause issues later. courtesy of Evan, run this query using ldp.exe to see...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003
Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12. This is the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero. If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so formula is working correctly. I have tried copying both formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated Hi maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options - Calculate...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Add the same field twice to a pivot table but filter one of them?
In my datasheet, I have a "cost" column and a "date" column so each cost has an associated date. In my pivot table, I've added the "cost" as a field, which shows the total and this is fine. However, I'd like to add the "cost" as a field again and this time selecting which dates to include in the cost number so that I have two cost fields side by side. Is something like this possible? Hi That is not possible in the same PT. You will need to set up a second PT based upon the same data set as the first but do NOT use the same Pivot Cache to save ...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

How do I add a detail section to the form?
I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to add a detail section. A form always has a detail section. It can have only one detail section. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "kjv77" wrote: > I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to > add a detail section. ...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

Notes to Exchange Migration
Hi all Having a wee problem with a migration of a user from Notes to Exch2003. Background: One of the guys in here attempted to move a user from Notes (200mb mail file) to an exch store that had a limit of 85mb, The migration util cut off at the 85mb mark (no suprise there) and no mail after march last year was imported. I then attempted to Re-import the users data by deleting the users mail box, removing the Exchange Attributes and running the Cleanup Agent to ensure that the mail box was fully deleted I then run the Migration Util again to recreate the users mail box and import the dat...

New Problem
In 2007: In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next record when clicked. When I click it, I get this: The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK. Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work. Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button. Thanks in advance, Vito On 13 May 2010 16:00:59 GMT, Vito wrote: > In 2007: > > In ...

Exchange Server Unavailable
Hi W2k AD Domain with Exchange 2000 in 2,000 users+ environment Problem 3 users setup in external workgroup, use Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to connect to exchange The first time they connect (from switching on /logging on) they ge "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable Then the 3 button "retry" "work offline" "cancel Clicking on retry always then connects up sucessfully and then can use outlook without problem Don't think it is dns or wins problem as can ping and map drives (\\...) both by name and IP Anyway have added enteries to hosts for excha...

Server 2003 Unbelievably Slow
Hi, First of all, I'd like to add that I'm not a professional in server systems. My problem is that my server is unbelievably slow. It is a new (3 months old) IBM xServer with quad core processor, 4 gb ram, 15k hdd, etc. I have sqlserver developer edition (db size is 4 gb) running for an erp software. I also have Kerio WinRoute Firewall on the server where I log all the internet activities of the users in the network. The Performance window (ctrl+alt+del) shows at a norma time app. 3-5%. However, even opening a folder from "My Computer" takes sometimes 10...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

Cannot Add Photo
HI, under the Account entity, I have several tabs like General,Notes.. and a Photo tab. ıf I click on that tab (as I create a new account) it displays an error message. "An error has occured.Contact system adminis..." what can I do? do I have a possibility like adding a picture from my own computer,not from internet. for instance is it possible to add a picture from harddisk to Photo tab? ty ...

Add path of a picture to database
I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee records. The button should have to open a regular dialog box to let me choose the picture of an employee. I need to store only the path. What should I do ? I tried several ways but could not succeeded. Thank you very much in advance. Gokhan ® Check this link on "Handle/Display images in forms/database" http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0030.htm -- Good Luck BS"D "Gokhan ®" wrote: > I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee > ...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

different domains
Hi there, How can I modify the OU in order to assign an especific domain to the users that belong to that OU? Suppose that I have two OUs, one called First and the 2nd one called second; and I have 10 peoples in each OU, but I have two domains, one colled domain1.com and the other one called domain2.com I want to create the 20 users, but once inside the OU the software should be able to assign the domain that belongs to tha OU. Is it possible? Tks a lot. tDL In the last exciting episode, "Administrator" <administrator@domoti-k.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >How can I ...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...