How to access Public folders and calendar through POP and SMTP

Hi,

Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with Public
Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account through
POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and calendra.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards
Andrew
0
Andrew3569 (322)

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:25:03 -0700, Andrew
<Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with Public
>Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account through
>POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and calendra.
>

>Thanks in Advance
>
>Best Regards
>Andrew

You'll need to use OWA, IMAP or Outlook in mapi mode to see the public
folders.

POP3 doesnt know about exchange calendars.

0
adavid (8731)
4/20/2006 2:33:19 PM
"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with
Public
> Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account
through
> POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and calendra.
>

> Thanks in Advance
>
> Best Regards
> Andrew

Can't be done with POP, I'm afraid, or even IMAP.  You might be able
to use RPC over HTTP.  Or a VPN.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
4/20/2006 2:38:14 PM
"Lee Derbyshire" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in
message news:uGP5QgIZGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with
> Public
> > Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account
> through
> > POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and
calendra.

> > Thanks in Advance
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Andrew
>
> Can't be done with POP, I'm afraid, or even IMAP.  You might be able
> to use RPC over HTTP.  Or a VPN.

Sorry, you CAN do it in IMAP.  I just tried it here, and PFs do appear
in the folders list.

0
Lee

ActiveX Control: Calendar
I am using the Calendar Control 11.0 on a form to allow a user to 'pick' a date. How can i have the selected date automatically update a field where its Control Source is set to the Calendar, without having to have a intermediate step such as an update button. I can see the 'Value' changing in the Properties for the Calendar as soon as a new date is selected but the related field does not update. You don't set the texbox Control Source to the calendar, you set it to whatever field you want the date saved in in the underlying table. Then use code like this, re...

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

Change Folder List Text Color (2002)
Is there anyway to change the color of the text listed in the folder view? ie - "Inbox" text color from black to red, "Sent" from black to blue" No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jsonne@verizon.net asked: | Is there anyway to change the color of the text listed in | the folder view? ie - "Inbox" text color from b...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

two contact folders disappeared. Where could they have gone?
Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any idea where it could have gone? "Cloudburst" <Cloudburst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8696545F-26EE-43ED-A8BF-A48FBC6F0928@microsoft.com... > Tried to open a contacts folder but it wouldn't open. Restarted outlook, saw > the folder appear but then it disappeared before outlook fully loaded. Any > idea where it could have gone? Saw it appear where? What version of Outlook? Wha...

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

Delegate multiple calendars for Manager
Question Hi - I need to delegate the calendars for 12 department members to my manager. Is there any way to do this, other than on a user-by-user basis? Thank you Hi, You can set calendar permissions using pfdavadmin (can be found on MS web). Leif "TheITDude" <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D276128F-1639-4AA9-9B05-5ABB1663433A@microsoft.com... > Question > Hi - I need to delegate the calendars for 12 department members to my > manager. Is there any way to do this, other than on a user-by-user basis? > > Thank you ...

Public folders changes problem
Hi On Exchange 2007 I created public folder named "IT" and inside a calendar called "IT calnedar" that is used for all events in our IT department. It's strange when our secretary adds events into this calendar and mark them with different colors (categories) these changes (the right color for each event) are only shown in Outlook 2003 or OWA, but in Outlook 2007 all colors are mixed up. We all have Outlook 2007 in IT department, so we all see wrong colors, but when I try to log-on through OWA or with a test machine that has Outlook 2003 installed everything is O...

Lost Connection to Public Folders
Hello All, I think I just shot my self in the foot and set the "Everyone" usr permissions to DENY on my Public Folders. Now I cannot view my Public Folders Tree within the Exchange System Manager. Is there any way I can reverse this so that I can view my public folders again. Thanks, Eric Pls run Forestprep and Domainprep in your exchange server again!If you are Windows 2000 DC Domain it will reset Exchange permission! Or you can using ADSI , find the public folder object and reset the permission http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823017 -- Jammyù...

Calendar Appointments #2
I enter a new appointment and nothing shows up on the screen. Anything I add to try to schedule anything doesnt show up.. just a blank calendar. This is Outlook 2003. Anyone have any ideas? ...

OWA Calendar problem
Our orginization is using Exchange Server 2003 1 -backend 2 -Front end servers. We are experiencing an sproradic issues with calendar updates. The owner of a meeting will issue an update to a meeting it will update the calendar in the Outlook Client but will not update in OWA. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated "=?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFNoaXZlbHk=?=" <BenShively@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CBC4CF1E-DC5C-4DC7-A388-7ED964DDD270@microsoft.com: > Our orginization is using Exchange Server 2003 1 -backend 2 -Front end > servers. We are experiencing an spr...

Money 2004 oddity with downloaded Schwab Access transactions
I've been using Money 99-2003 with a Schwab Access (checking) account since 1999 with no problems online, download only. After installing 2004, when I finish accepting online transactions and Money goes back to the Download Report screen, the Local Balance column for the account starts with this massive negative number then starts counting down (well, up actually) to *close* to the actual amount, then the MOney 2004 screen goes totally white for 15 seconds or so. The download report reappears and all is ok. I've run both level 1 and level 2 salvages. Anyone else seeing this? -- _____...

OWA receive error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder"
Hello, I have a user encounter a problem in OWA (Exchange 2003 SP2) When the user try to "Empty the deleted item" in OWA, it show an error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder". It occurs intermittently, do anyone have any idea on it? Thanks a lot.. Best regards, Chris ...

deleting calendar schedules does not delete invitees
I am running exchange 2000 and outlook 2002 and 2003. When a user schedules a meeting with another user and then deletes the meeting, the meeting does not get deleted from the invitees calendar. Is there a bug in exchange? Is there a workaround? Thanks for your help. HK ...

OWA Access through Different Domain password
I have two domians lets call them DOMAIN1 and EXCHANGE All the user logon to their XP clients authenticating from DOMAIN1. Exchnage Server 03 SP2 is running on Windows 03 in a different domain EXCHANGE Both the domains have a trust relationship. The way this is setup is I have created similar users in both the Active Directories and given Full Mailbox Access to user DUMMY in DOMAIN1 on DUMMY in EXCHANGE. This way when the user login to their XP they don't have to authenticate again for Exchange, just like the way its suppose to be. Now I have this issues with this setup. In order t...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

Sync Laptop+Desktop; Storage Folders, Pop?
I use WLM on my desktop computer. For infrequent travel with a laptop, I want to bring my email along. My Hotmail, contacts, & calendar all sync automatically for WLM on both machines. Very nice. But "Storage folders" and any folders within a Pop account seem "locked down" to a single machine. I cannot find ANY way to easily, automatically sync them. This was so easy before, when I was using Outlook Express with Microsoft's "Sync Toy" - I'd just sync before leaving & after I returned. One workaround I tried, using the "...

MS Office Outlook Web Access for Exchange server 2003
We have just updated exchange and since this changes the way Outlook Web Access appears, I am trying to find on the Microsoft web page any documenation that is written for the client side of this application that would explain what the screens look like, what each button does, what each folder is, etc etc. Basically, we are going to provide OWA training soon and a non-technical (baby step) document would be helpful if it exists rather than having to create it from scratch. Does anyone know where I can find this? ...

How to delete a personal folders in OUtlook..
For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas on how to get rid of one? Ignore this please, found the answer in the KB by rephrasing my question.... >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas >on how to get rid of one? >. > please ig >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the oth...

Top/Bottom Booklet
HI, I am running Pub 2003 and I need to create a calendar for my work. This will be on 11 x 17" paper, so each page (before it is put into booklet form) will be landscape 11 x 8.5. I can't seem to figure out how to set it up...I did see a setting that said rotate landscape, but I'm not sure what I'm doing. The booklet will be stapled in the middle and will have a hole drilled at the top for hanging...any help is appreciated. Peg wrote: > HI, > > I am running Pub 2003 and I need to create a calendar for > my work. This will be on 11 x 17" paper, so each p...

emailing a publication
Trying to email a 50 page publication that has 31 pages of photos. Each time I try to email as an attachment windows shuts down. Should I condense first? If so how. I am a novice, so please be patient. -- Appreciate the help! pjnot wrote: > Trying to email a 50 page publication that has 31 pages of photos. > Each time I try to email as an attachment windows shuts down. Should > I condense first? If so how. I am a novice, so please be patient. =========================================== Two ideas...scroll down..... 1) The file in question is far too large for sending in e-ma...

Excel query Access DB
I am using Excel to write invoices. The columns in the excel invoice sheet are product ID, Name, Price, Quantity and Total price. All product information is stored in a separate Access DB, but because I am not a wiz I currently enter all data manually. To minimize typing and errors I would like the spread sheet to automatically retrieve specific values (name and price) from the product table in access using the product ID as criteria. How can that be done? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages direc...

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Public folders or FTP
Hello All I am a consultant for a small company. The company is running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003, and 90% of the users acces email via RPC over HTTPS and this is working great so far. The company also uses an FTP site that is on the same server as exchange. I have been preaching and suggesting to the client that they do a way with FTP because of its insecurity and instead move all the data to the public folders in the exchange server. As you can see the exchagne server is also a file server for all the local users at the office and a FTP server for all the remote users. The s...

Error accessing POP-3 account
In addition to the Exchange Server I have a POP-3 account defined. It always works when I first open Outlook, but it fails 2/3 of the time afterwards. The error message is Task 'david POP - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server adminstrator or Internet service provider(ISP).' I never have trouble with this POP-3 account from home or via the web. If it can't be fixed, is there any way to shorten how long it ...