How to a mailbox to a user

I have only one exchange server and i want to move a
mailbox to a specific user as the user name has changed.
Is it possible?

A fast response would be appreciated

Shanthi
0
anonymous (74722)

One way would be to just change the user's login to the new one, change
first/last name, display name....and change the SMTP address(es), change the
profile directory & home directory names, too. Create a new Outlook profile
for him/her so the old display name won't show up anywhere.

Shanthi wrote:
> I have only one exchange server and i want to move a
> mailbox to a specific user as the user name has changed.
> Is it possible?
>

> A fast response would be appreciated
>

> Shanthi

0
lanwench (7567)

Mailbox storage limit
Hi everyone, We are currently using Exchange 5.5 and some of our clients get a message everyday saying. "You have exceeded your storage limit". our storage limit to issue warning is 80000 and this guys are way below the limit, this happens on and off. And they are using the information store defaults. Any ideas please. Thanks. Sorry for asking this, but are you REALLY sure that they are bellow the limit? Can you check by right clicking their maiboxes > Properties > Folder size? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo "richard"...

Changing account associated with mailbox?
The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd sooner not have them associated with. Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconnect the mailbox, then use the cleanup agent to reconnect the mailbox to a new AD account? I'd like to be sure I'm doing it the best/right way. cheers, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:54:34 +0000, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd >sooner not have them associated with. > >Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconne...

Server side rule for all mailboxes
Hi, small info for Exchange 2003 Ent.Edt. admin. Can we create somehow, general server side rule, that will apply for all mailboxes in Exchange system. Can be on some Storage Group, Exchange level or whatever. We found some third party stuff and it works OK (http://www.mapilab.com/exchange/rules), but is there some "standard" Exchange 2003 capability for doing such a thing. Is there some API or something easy for this capability? We just have to redirect some mail message for all users to one folder in their mailbox. Regards, RM No native feature/tool. Perhaps write ...

Moving user profile to D:
Just re-installed Vista + moved 3 users from C:/Users to D:/ +moved all their old (pre-install) files from old user profile to new user profile on D: Still having few issues with permissions/installing There must be a proper (belt & braces) way to move user profile but how? "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:Ibg7o.56701$LU.1438@hurricane... > Just re-installed Vista + moved 3 users from C:/Users to D:/ +moved all > their old (pre-install) files from old user profile to new user profile on > D: > > Still having few issue...

New users not showing up in GAL
We have a single site, single server, Exchange 2003 implementation. Until yesterday we only had one information store inside our single storage group, which contains accounts for faculty and staff. Since we needed to create accounts for students we decided to create a new 'students' store, and were able to create accounts that appear to function just fine. However, users in the 'faculty/staff' store can not see the users from the 'students' store in the GAL. They can send email messages to these accounts, they just don't show up. Any ideas how to make the ...

File modified by another user
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

Renaming a user account
I have a user account (Joe) that no longer works here. I disabled his account. A new worker is taking his place (Fred). I want to rename Joe's account to Fred in active directory. If I do this, does Joe's email account automatically turn into Fred'? And will Fred be able to see all of Joe's past email in his inbox? If there is a KB on how to do this, can someone let me know? Thanks in Advance, Jim a better way to do this might be to delete Joe's mailbox (IF, and ONLY IF, you have mailbox retention set), then run the mailbox cleanup agent, and when Joe's ma...

Button invisible if User_Type is User
I need a couple of tweeks to my splash form... 1. I would like to display the FullName of the user logged in on the Splashform. The Fullname and the login ID is listed in the table (tblVersion). 2. There is a button that should not be visible if the user logged in has the User_type of "User" and should be visible if the User_Type is Admin. The button is called "btnAdmin" . How can I accomplish this? I need this desperately!! I have a table (tblVersion) with the following fields: UserID, FullName, and User_Type mousm, Mickey Mouse, Admin bman, Clark Kent, User...

OMA
Hello all, First off thankyou to anyone who answers this post. I've enabled OMA on my Enterprise E2k3sp1 server running W2k3 standard.When i access servername.domain.com/oma i get a logon prompt. I type in domain\user and the password and the next page i get is . "Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft(R) Exchange Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance." This same server is also running OWA with FBA without any issues. I'm certain this server ...

MacOffice2008
I just bought the macbook (in Taiwan), using Leopard OSX. Selected English as the language. Then i installed MacOffice2008 (English version). Excel, Entourage, Powerpoint are fine and User Interface is in English. However, Word user interface is in Chinese. The menu at the top of the page is in Chinese, but some of the toolbars appear in English. I've tried everything, but can't find out how to change to English. Is there something I can do? Any help would be appreciated. Have you tried AppleMenu> System Preferences> International & moving English to the top of the list? ...

Mailbox permssions from one storage group to another
I have two storage groups, each with one mailbox store. The first storage group contains a public folder store. All of the permissions for the users in the first storage appear to be correct and functioning normally. Everyone in the second storage group looks to have much different inherited mailbox permissions that don't look to be correct. Almost all of the groups including administrator, enterprise admin, exchange domain server have inherited allow AND deny for full mailbox access. Is this correct? I doesn't seem right to me... Where do you change what inherited rights are aqu...

changing user password
I have a user that is not able to change her password. I set her up as a user with a temp password, thinking she would be prompted to change at first login. She was not. When she tried to force a change, it said she was not authorized. Where do I give this authorization? I am on v.10 Zach, Did she try to change the password in User Preferences => Password? -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Zach" wrote: > I have a user that is not able to change her password. I set her up as a > user with a temp password, thinking she would be pr...

GAL with mMobile Users
Hi All My main office running EX 5.5(NT 4.0) and Windows 2000 domain (PDC). We got 3 Intersate offices but at the moment i just install mailenabel mail server for those 3 office and running seperatly. We got lots of mobile users as well I just want to Share and update GAL with all the Interstate offices and mobile users If someone recommend proper way or how to start much appriciate ...

Users does not show up on Global address list
I have Exchange 2003 and windows 2003 configured for testing. I have like 10 created users and the last 5 does not show up on global address list, only on All Users address list. The recipient update services is working, i have used ADSI to verify all that Microsoft says but... Also i do a preview of the Global address list and it shows the 10 users, but on the clients Outlooks does not. If working with Outlook 2003 in cached mode, remember that it is using an offline address book. This means that an outlook 2003 user will not see the changes until Exchange 2003 regenerates the offline...

User Form Security Question
Hi, I'm creating a form, which onces completed transfers the data over to the spreadsheet. But the guys in work don't really pay much attention to what they have entered , so i was wondering is there any way to make the user double check every entry? I was thinking, once the user clicks ok, a msgbox would appear giving the user the value they entered, click ok if correct or cancel to amend. Is there a easy way to do this? Cheers. -- harpscardiff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

no permission to send the message for the specified user
-- Barbara How do I solve this? You do not have permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user. I am trying to forward faxes from Outlook. You can't use forward with faxes. You have to Open the fax then Print it to your fax printer and generate a new fax. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D5A4306-09CD-44BB-90C4-31F93E7A5618@microsoft.com... > > -- > Barbara > How do I solve this? You do not have permission to send the message on > behalf of the specified user. ...

Renaming user account
We recently let one of our sales guys go. He has been replaced so I renamed the account as alot of people normally do. However in CRM Im not able to add him because the old user still exists. Which makes sense because the SID is the same. However, the account still shows domain\olduser instead of domain\newuser. Im thinking this is just a synching/timing issue and will be handled in a few minutes. Im rebooting to verify, but Im hoping that you are able to rename an account in AD and that account will show up in CRM without having to always delete, disable account, create new account, an...

Multi User Issue's
Access 2003 Split database No Security Front end (Fe) and Back end (Be) are in the same directory on the server "SHORT CUT" to fe on each (2) workstation Opening the DB on each of the 2 workstations does work HOWEVER if it I already open on one workstation it will NOT OPEN on the other workstation. I have tried: STARTING on BOTH workstations - Same results Tried the same set up with an XP server and a win2000 server - Same results Checked to be sure opening mode is "shared" This is my first attempt at a multi user configuration for Access. I called a buddy of mine who...

Shared workbook user name list not updating
We have an issue with a shared excel workbook. Basically, when a user exits the spreadsheet, their name is sometimes left in the list of users who are accessing the worksheet. Does anyone know why this happens, and if so, how to stop it? Thanks Jo, When I have seen this, the name has remained in the list because the user shut Excel down abnormally. Usually, the user had used Task Manager to abort Excel, or they thought their workstation had "frozen" and they just rebooted. I don't know how to prevent this, but you can open the file from time to time and clean out the na...

Display name points to the wrong user information
Hi, A client of mine is having problem with his user information in Outlook when sending out emails internally. Currently, they are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. This happened yesterday around 9am. When the user send an email to any internal staff, his user/contact information is stated as a different user. For example, my client's name is John Smith and the other account is TempStaff. 1. When he send out internal emails, other will see him as TempStaff in the From field. 2. When other users send him emails, other will see him as TempStaff in the To field. 3. On John Smith&...

Detect username or user attributes with client script.
Is there a piece of code I can use on the client side that will either: A. detect the users security role or an attribute of the user or B. detect the users username I'm looking to make certain fields read-only based on the user. We have about 5 users that should not have access to change half of the fields under cases. I want to be able to do the following in the onload event: If username = Bob, field 1.readonly = true or If UserAttribute = Foo, Field1.readonly = true You and me both. From what I understand, this data cannot be exposed through the JScript methods currently supporte...

MS Outlook
Here's the situation: I want to prevent MS Outlook users from sending any attached files larger than 3 mb. My company is in a small office environment. We have about 35 PC's running everything from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2003. We are using a Cobalt Qube email server, which is about five or six years old. It does an adequate job most of the time. However, it has limited administrative features. Every so often, one of our sales people will send out an email with a large attachment - 6 mb, 12 mb, yesterday it was 19 mb. It was addressed to 12 people on staff. Needless to say it crushed ...

How to open another user's folder list?
Hello, I have Outlook 2002 SP3 and Windows XP SP2. In my Folder List I have my mailbox expanded showing all my folders (inbox, calendar, contacts, etc.). I also have the mailbox for our general company email account (info@) that receives the emails submitted from our website. But when I click on the + sign next to it to expand it, I get a message saying "Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The operation failed." This company email is set up as it's own user on our network, and I am set as it's delegate with full control over all it's ...

How do I share Outlook (mail) between different Users in Win XP?
I have done this for a couple of years using Outlook Express, but can not figure it out in Outlook. I want to share Outlook with multiple Users in Win XP. (Using the same email address for all users). Any suggestions? Just configure Outlook in a way that each user has access to the same data file, find your pst file and move it to a place where each user is able to access it, then use file/open at each user account to open the file. Configure the email account for all users. Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "aebarney" <aebarney@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

How to recreate blank mailbox stores?
We've got ourselves into a mess, our server has crashed and whilst it has restarted the mailbox stores have refused to mount. We've tried the obvious things and regrettably concluded that we would need to go back to back up. Unfortunately our backup hasn't been working properly for a couple of weeks now and our local support guy is on holiday We don't store much e-mail on the server anyway. Time is of the essence and our guys need to be able to receive e-mails before the day is out. I've decided that I am prepared to sacrifice the existing data if necessary. Would it ...