How often should i run isinteg / defrag

Hello,

was wondering how often is it recommended to run isinteg / defrag
i guess that in defrag it depends on what i've been doing with the IS,
but what a healty schedule for isinteg.

TIA :)
0
zerolevel (1)

As a rule of thumb I would say only when required.  Unless logfiles or error
messages point to a condition where running the utility is required I would
not run it.  Unless you have a problem why chance a further problem or the
down time for users.  There is no requirement that I am aware of for this
utility to be run on a regular basis.

"ZeroLeveL" <zerolevel@softhome.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> was wondering how often is it recommended to run isinteg / defrag
> i guess that in defrag it depends on what i've been doing with the IS,
> but what a healty schedule for isinteg.
>
> TIA :)

0
nospam7515 (2084)
2/16/2004 7:39:16 PM
Please also see the following MS KB articles.  Make sure of what utility, on
what version of Exchange you are going to run.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;143233&Product=exchange
4.0 and 5.0 Edbutil.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;183400&Product=exchange
Specific Events That ISINTEG Attempts to Fix
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192185&Product=exchange
5.5 and 2000 Eseutil.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289079&Product=exch2003
Please see the Administrators Guide for the particular version you have.
Sorry for the delay.
"ZeroLeveL" <zerolevel@softhome.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> was wondering how often is it recommended to run isinteg / defrag
> i guess that in defrag it depends on what i've been doing with the IS,
> but what a healty schedule for isinteg.
>
> TIA :)

0
nospam7515 (2084)
2/16/2004 9:25:37 PM
I agree 1000%.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"a" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> As a rule of thumb I would say only when required.  Unless logfiles or
error
> messages point to a condition where running the utility is required I
would
> not run it.  Unless you have a problem why chance a further problem or the
> down time for users.  There is no requirement that I am aware of for this
> utility to be run on a regular basis.
>
> "ZeroLeveL" <zerolevel@softhome.net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > was wondering how often is it recommended to run isinteg / defrag
> > i guess that in defrag it depends on what i've been doing with the IS,
> > but what a healty schedule for isinteg.
> >
> > TIA :)

0
rasilon1 (689)

List dlls currently running in VB Application
I'd like to see what's being used by my VB application. Anyway to show the various dlls, ActiveX that are being used. One thought was to Enumerate Process, and the maybe look for the parent, but not sure if this approach will even work. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks David "David" <NoWhere@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23mfJpH$NLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... : I'd like to see what's being used by my VB application. : : Anyway to show the various dlls, ActiveX that are being used. : : One thought was to Enumerate Proce...

MO Receipt running total
Does anyone know of the table where the running total of receipts on a MO? I found table MOP1100, but it has seperate (multiple) receipt entries listed. When you look at the MO close window the total is there. I open it in Modifier and there is like 18 tables shown there. Does anybody know the table with a running total of assemblies received so I can pull it into a report? -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! Hi Sheri: The field that you are looking at is a calculated field, based on the MOP1100 table. It's basically a sum of the Qty Received field in that table for all of the rows for th...

How to list mapped drives in dialog running as service?
Hi All, I have a service which open a dialog to let user browse the local file system. The Dialog is not derived from CFileDialog. I have written it. I have used GetLogicalDrive and CFindFile to list the drives and files. Now my User has a Remote location mapped as a drive. But my Dialog does not show the mapped drive. Can you please suggest work around so that My File browser dialog shows the mapped drive. Thanks Anup >I have a service which open a dialog to let user browse the local file >system. The Dialog is not derived from CFileDialog. I have written it. >...

run report that uses a set of dates
Once again I am baffled! I need to keep track of projects that get checked out to be updated. Each sheet is a different project. In column B I have when the project was checked out. IN column C I have the date the project was checked back in. The formulas I am currently using are: Column D: =TRIM(IF(B9<>"","out","")&" "&IF(C9<>"","in","")) which gives :"out" if not checked in and "Out IN" if it is. Column E: =IF(B9>C9,"OUT","In") This tells me if the project...

can not get money 2004 running with norton antivirus and firewall
Just installed money 2004 on windows xp. But whenever I start money, error occures and money crashes. I thought it migth be a problem with norton antivirus and firewall installed on my computer. So I disable both of them and re-install money 2004. Same Problem. Has anybody got into same problem? Your help is appreciated. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language options Check if all the settings are select United States and English (include the Advanced tab). If not, please change the settings and restart your computer. >-----Original Message----- >Just ins...

Data Migration Framework running Error
in my customer site (the CRM Application is working properly) I've installed teh Data Migration Framework. when trying to run the application i'm getting the message: Microsoft Data Migration Framework could not initialized * The Microsoft CRM Server is not responding. A WhoAmI() call did not succeed. * SOAP Server Application Faulted what should i do? Eliran Me too. Looking for assistance. Here are further details. I can remote desktop to the CRM Server and access teh DMF just fine. My DBA gets this error. He uses remote desktop to connect to the CRM App Server, tries to s...

Running Sum 01-27-10
Hello, I have been looking at some running sum examples (http:// support.microsoft.com/kb/290136), but can not work out how to apply it to my query. I have Recieved, Recieved Amount .. then Cleared, Cleared Amount .. i am trying to work out a running backlog of work. So A: Recieved, Rec Amount .. Cleared, Clrd Amount .. Backlog, Backlog Amount. B: Recieved, Rec Amount .. Cleared, Clrd Amount .. Backlog of A - Cleared + Received. C: Recieved, Rec Amount .. Cleared, Clrd Amount .. Backlog of B - Cleared + Received. and so on? Im guessing its a DSUM thing, but i cant make th...

Running sum running by date order
I have the following problem. I would like to create a running sum on a form or a query. It should sum PurchaseAmount but I have a problem with the where criteria of the Dsum. I use now (easier to check results): DCount("*","temp",("[Saved] <=" & "#" & [Saved] & "#" & "and [PurchaseID]<=" & [PurchaseID]) & "or" & (("[Saved] <=" & "#" & [Saved] & "#" & "and [PurchaseID]<=" & [PurchaseID]))) The problem is summery is c...

how to run application(exe) in browser
hi, i have application, it's runs in local machine.i want to run application in browser. <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2062e55f-d173-476e-b241-58602bf9d6a5@u36g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi, > i have application, it's runs in local machine.i want to run > application in browser. There is no magic bullet for this. You will need to develop an ActiveX control which can be then hosted in a browser. -- Ajay A lot of us are rewriting applications that need to be hosted in a browser using ASP.NET/C# and maintaining a native version and a web version....

Running exchange powershell command from vbscript
Hi! :) I need to run one powershell command from vbscript. I have no problem running a command like Get-Command but what I need to run is an Exchange command (Set-Mailbox). How can I do this? I tried: Dim objShell : Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") objShell.Run("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -noexit -PSConsoleFile 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\bin\exshell.psc1' -command '. C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\bin\Exchange.ps1'") I get this: Missing expression after unary operat...

running forms on desktop
hi all, i couldn't find an answer to this one, and i was hoping to run a small phone no. database on my desktop, that is, without the Access Program window in the background. So my 2 small forms would appear on the desktop itself. i have Access 2003 and WinXp Sp2 thanks in advance Dave See whether what's presented in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm at "The Access Web" does what you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave Smith" <steens@indigo.net.au> wrote in message news:OCZzlurzH...

how to save ranges into a running file...
I have a workbook template file, it's a daily template that managers open up on a shared drive and then basically from a drop down-list pick Attendance codes for employees, so that top managers can have a nice labor pool view. In this workbook there are 3 sheets.. The Range that the data is stored is always the same due to the nature of the static names... data Range Sheet 1 is D11:D20 Sheet 2 is D11:D31 Sheet 3 is D11:D63 Right now I have a button on the sheet and I press that and it saves it to the network everyday with a different date... But my Boss said that he wants it all to g...

can I install Frontpage2003 on Vista that is running Office2007 ?
My PC died and I upgrade to a new PC that is running Vista Home Premium. I had already upgraded the old PC to Office 2007 Ultimate (which does not include a web design utility - therefore is not quite Ultimate). I successfully transferred my Office 2007 to the new PC. However I cannot reload Frontpage2003 because it requires an installation of Office97 or 2000 or XP = not Vista. I don't have any old disks of these previous versions of office because I upgraded. Is there a way to install Frontpage 2003 onto Vista running Office 2007 ? Thanks Kerry If your FP 2003 is a...

selecting gp company within crystal at run-time
I'm using GPv8 and Crystal 10(?). I have a report in Crystal that I want to be able to run against any of our multiple company databases in GP. For example, I want one of the parameters the user would enter to be "Select Company". How can I do this? Right now I have multiple versions of the report saved, with each pointing to a different SQL Server Database. Thanks, Rob Post your email address and I will send you a sample code which will let you process data from a selected company. I had to do it for myself to create a Consolidated Historical Trial Balance Report...

how to run 32 bit java dll on 64 bit machine
Hi I have a 32-bit java dll which i need to call from a asp.net application on a 64-bit machine. Please let me know if have any solution. Thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 10 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a8920ecf-b40f-40ca-9247-d465960199fe/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx ...

ghtrsvc constantly running up temp folder
The "gthrsvc" folder on the windows temp folders, is running at a constant rate, it is bringing in a large pdf file and two emails over and over again. I reboot my server this morning at 6:30 am, now at 1:03 pm the task manager shows that srvc as the only app running, and the cpu is sky rocketing anwhere from 50-100%. Our email is now slowed to a crawl, updating calendars is slow, everything is slow! Is this service something we can live without? or do we need to keep it running? Does this service have something to do with full text indexing? Any help would be greatly apprecia...

Install and run Exchange Troubleshooting Assistant v1.1
First step should probably be to install and run the Troubleshooting Asst and see what it says. It will check disk and AD performance and more as well as the things you already checked. Run it during a period when users are complaining so you are sampling at the same time. It's a good place to start. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4BDC1D6B-DE34-4F1C-AEBA-FED1256CAF9A&displaylang=en If you haven't already you should run the ExBPA also. Need more coffee this morning. Pls disregard "David Ruth" wrote: > First step should probably be t...

stored procedure running only from code
There are some stored procedures (SQL 2000) that take ages to execute, if they ever do at all, but when their code is copied to query analyzer (and parameters replaced with variables and given values) execute in seconds, as they should. What could be the reason? (this happens only to some, not all) The reason can be that execution plan stored for this procedure is not good enough. When you execute code only new efficient plan is generated. The sp_recompile system stored procedure forces a recompile of a stored procedure the next time it is run. "vsiat" <vsiat@...

Running Balance
Using Access 2003. Two tables. tblBank - BankID (autonumber PK), PersonId (Long integer), MonthDate (DateTime), DepositAmt (currency) MonthDate is always first of month. Unique index PersonID, MonthDate. tblExpenses - ExpID (autonumber PK), BankID (Long Integer), ExpAmt (Currency). One to many relationship tblBank.BankID on tblExpenses.BankID Each month a DepositAmt is entered. If the (prior balance + DepositAmt) >= Sum(ExpAmt for that month), then new balance = (prior balance + DepositAmt) - Sum(ExpAmt for that month) otherwise, the new balance is zero. The new balance becomes the p...

Running CRM 1.O
Having issues with receiving e-mail to other mail enabled users. Customer's e-mails are coming into the techsupport queue but other techs do not receive the e-mails. We have followed Microsoft documentation, but our mail server is separate from CRM server. We are using Server 2003 help! alfuller@mobilewires.com Sorry running CRM 1.2 "Anthony" wrote: > Having issues with receiving e-mail to other mail enabled users. Customer's > e-mails are coming into the techsupport queue but other techs do not receive > the e-mails. We have followed Microsoft documentati...

Outlook will not initialize and run after MS 10-17 security update
After MS 10-17, Outlook will not run... Version=1 EventType=APPCRASH EventTime=129128676794492811 ReportType=2 Consent=1 UploadTime=129128676825438096 Response.BucketId=1456365410 Response.BucketTable=1 Response.type=4 Sig[0].Name=Application Name Sig[0].Value=OUTLOOK.EXE Sig[1].Name=Application Version Sig[1].Value=12.0.6514.5000 Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp Sig[2].Value=4a89dc70 Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name Sig[3].Value=unknown Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version Sig[4].Value=0.0.0.0 Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp Sig[5].Value=00000000 Sig[6].Name=Exception Code ...

lost remote access after running IFD tool
after having some issues with remote outlook client we ran the IFD tool on our crm 4.0 server (running on SBS2003). After running this we can no longer login remotely, we just a get page cannot be displayed. (worked fine before). Has anyone had this before or can anyone point me in the right direction for a solution? Thanks, Tom ...

Rules won't run sometimes
My rules run intermittenly. Sometimes they run, sometimes, I have to run them manually. I've tried rebooting my pc. Still same issue. Please help ...

Running SQL statements in VBA
I am constantly getting an error when I run the following sql statement in docmd runsql: dim sqlcheck as string Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset db = currentdb sqlcheck = "SELECT Processing.Retort_id, Processing.labor_code, Processing.process_name, Processing.employee_name " & _ "FROM Processing WHERE (((Processing.Retort_id)=" & Me.retortid.Value & ") AND ((Processing.labor_code)=" & Me!select_labor & ") AND ((Processing.process_name)=" & Me!select_process & ") " & _ "AND...

how to detect kernel debugger is running?
hi. i have to know this kernel is debugging. so i searched api. and i found KD_DEBUGGER_NOT_PRESENT is show that. but xp or higher. (msdn) i want to on windows 2000. anybody know this? Code that worries about whether or not a kernel debugger is running should be banned. It shouldn't matter, and those of us who try to do kernel development (such as device drivers) find these programs exceptionally annoying. joe On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:00:11 +0900, "zextor" <hok@nadsoft.com> wrote: >hi. >i have to know this kernel is debugging. >so i searched api. >an...