How not to Run a Login Script on a Windows Server?

I do not want to run a login script on a Windows 2000 Server. Can a test
against a specific value thats unique to Windows 2000 Server??

Right now in my login script, I test to see if its a Windows_NT machine or
Win32 machine. Is there a similiar way to test for Windows 2000 Server
Edition??

Thanx,

Kevin

0
kokon (2)

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Run macro only if
Hi, i need a macro to run if A1 contains "John" and C1 contains "Mari", and if D1 is blank. If this criteria is not mached, then the macro to display a message. Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Is this what you mean Sub somemacro() Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit With sht If UCase(.Range("A1")) <> "JOHN" _ Or UCase(.Range("C1")) <> "MARI" _ Or .Range("D1") <> "" Then MsgBox "Criteria not met" Exit Sub End If End With 'Your code End Su...

Exchange Server Backup
When using the Windows Backup utility on my 03 Exchange Clustered server, there is no 'Microsoft Exchange Server' option to check under the Backup tab (like the docs show...only My Computer, My Documents, and My Network Places). Any ideas why? I see no documentation saying I need to do soemthing to make it appear. Thx Is Exchange System Manager installed on the machine that you are trying to run the backup from? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Enterprise server with multiple organizations
Scenario: Organization has CRM 4.0 Enterprise version with three diffrent organizations. Goal: When CRM user goes to meeting with their client, they want "the big picture" of the customer data from all of three CRM environmets. Question: Is it possible to build report, that gathers data from multiple CRM organizations within one Enterprise server? If so, how many licenses/user is needed? If you are creating a report using SQL Reporting Services I can see no reason why you could not connect to the 3 database and get data from each. Not sure how you would know which records ar...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Re: Server address
When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my internet provider. I can't send my resume from yahoo cause i get an error message. You can't access Yahoo POP3 accounts unless you have the Plus account. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Donna Lomagro" <purpletulips65@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ucQmttlvKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my > internet provider. I can't send my resume fr...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

Login Errors
On Great Plains 7.5 when users login (other than 'sa' which works) and then select a company, the following error message is displayed. Unhandled form execption: Cannot open form. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_OPEN Pressing the OK button sends the user back to the company selection screen. Any ideas on how to correct this issue? Thanks The likely cause is that a modified window is missing from one of the dictionaries or users cannot access the dictionary. Curious: Why are you still on GP v7.5? 7.5 is still supported.....until January of 20...

copy and match data from one worksheet into another via script?
Hi all I have two worksheets 2 columns each The first sheet has ID and Name Column for example: Code ------------------- ID[/B] NAM 193948 Michael 684588 John 535279 Luke 098734 Matthe ------------------- my 2nd sheet Code ------------------- ID [B]NAM Michael John Luke Matthe ------------------- How do i use the first sheet to match up the names on the 2nd sheet and ultimately copy the ID numbers onto the 2nd sheet? This is just a simplified example. There are thousands of entries. Thank you if you have ...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

run ShellExecute but from a console application
I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like "system" is not appropriate). Can someone advise please? Thanks in advance Sam NULL handle is allowed. "Sam" <sam@rentai.com> wrote in message news:uFHRnQMeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that > it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like > "system" is not appropriate). > > Can someone adv...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...

Setting up an email server
I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. All the routing looks good, I have the new MX pointing to the domain of my external port on my firewall. And the new domain is added into Exchange. But when I try to send an email to a new recipent using the new domain name I recieve: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Any ideas? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:57:41 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. &...

SOAP Server Application Faulted error 01-19-04
Hi, I get following error when creating a user in MS CRM 1.2 english: "SOAP Server Application Faulted error" with the Error Code 80005000 The CRM installation works fine. I used a Domain Admin Account for the MS CRM services. I assigned a license to the Admin user. When I try to add users from the AD using the User Manager in the Deployment Manager, I receive this error. It is also not possible to add users using the CRM interface. Can anybody help? Hi Ralf, can you give us the details of the SOAPException? This will likely tell you what's wrong. Mike "Ralf M"...

How do I restore the cell content window on my toobar?
tools options view ........formula bar -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "hutchc" <hutchc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A53F690-97D4-43D6-A458-6AA82B95F575@microsoft.com... > From the View menu, choose Formula Bar hutchc wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Run-time 3201 error
Upon coverting two versions of the same database (97 and 2000) over to 2002, we get a mysterious error message "Run-time error ' 3201': No current record." when trying to open certain forms from the Switchboard. The same forms work and open fine in either 97 or 2000 versions. Can someone shed a light on the problem? You may need to set references in the 2002 database. Open your database into the code editor window. Under Debug Compile your database. If you have any missing references your code will break and you will get an error message. Depending on the error returned wil...

Windows XP
I have a windows xp sp3 machine where there free space goes down to a fixed amount after a reset. Let me explain: I boot the machine (a 40GB HD divided in a 36GB and a 4GB partition), The 4GB partition shows only 600MB free, I run CHKDSK /F D: and it fixes the free space to 2 GB, I reset and it goes back to 600. The same situation is for the 36GB partition where it shows 4GB free but if I boot to the Recovery Console and run chkdsk c: /p it fixes the free space to 18GB but as soon as I reset the free space goes back to 4GB, so the same thing happens if chkdsk runs at boot. Win...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Just a quick question, I am wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. I can download/install it from the Windows Update site but, it will not install using Automatic Updates. This is obviously not a serious problem but, I would like to solve it if possible. Rick Never such a problem here. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or sec...