How Message Format work for POP3 account?

I created an account in active directory and created mailbox for it. I want
this account to have only POP3 access. Because the POP3 client is some old
one, I need the message body received by this account be sent to POP3 client
in plain text format.

So, I went to "Exchange Features" tab (we are using Exchange Server 2003) in
this account's properties window and configured the POP3 properties as
below:

Uncheck "use protocol defaults", select "MIME" and select "Provide message
body as plain text"; the default character set is "Western European
(ISO-8859-1); "Use Microsoft Exchange Rich-text format" is unchecked.

But while I retrived the email from outlook using POP3, as showed below, the
message body content type is encoded "multipart/alternative" format,
providing both "text/plain" and "text/html" for POP3 client to interpret.
But  such "multipart/alternative" message body could not be interpreted
properly by my another older POP3 client. One thing I want to mention is
that this email was sent out from Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting
Services, which is using Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) and SMTP server (I
configure it to use Virtual SMTP server in Exchange server 2003). and I
believe the message body was orginally in HTML  format. Some of you guys
might observe more from the message header...

Is it possible to configure this account to send message body only the
"plain/text" to POP3 client in Exchange Server 2003 or "exchange features"
mentioned above?

Or, is it to configure Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) component to send
message body in "plain/text" format?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
David Zeng

From: <sqlserver@pembrooke.com>
To: <autofax@pembrooke.com>
Cc: <dzeng@pembrooke.com>,
 <davidtest1@pembrooke.com>
Subject: MRODailyReport was executed at 9/28/2004 5:02:02 PM
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:02:10 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C4A57C.E4EB9A70

------=_NextPart_001_0033_01C4A57C.E4EDE460

tfn=915-2343
tco=Pembrooke
cli=vsifax
fll=$1

------=_NextPart_001_0033_01C4A57C.E4EDE460

------=_NextPart_001_0033_01C4A57C.E4EDE460--

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C4A57C.E4EB9A70

0
dzeng (1)

Cash Accounts for Investments
I have two stocks held with the same Financial Institution. Each stock carries its' own Cash account (I opted for the Dividend Reinvestment Plan). However, since Microsoft Money recognises them as being from the same Financial Institution, it collates them into one Cash account. Is there a correct way to split them? I'm sorting through previous financial records, in an attempt to get Money up to date. Hence the influx of questions. Sorry :-) Thank you in advance. Andy There's no way to have more than one "Associated Cash Account". But maybe it doesn't mat...

GetPrivateProfileSectionName won't work in VC++.NET 2002
How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET 2002? It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in the 2002 version which is what I use at home. Z.K. Z.K. wrote: > How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET > 2002? It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in > the 2002 version which is what I use at home. > > Z.K. Oh, the error is that it is an undeclared identifier. I am assuming I need to include some header file, but I don't know which one though I did ...

MSCRM Reports Export format
Does anyone know if there is a way to export reports as Rich Text Format (*.rtf)? or exporting to a CSV? We have a customer that still uses Wordperfect, and exporting to an Excel or Word Doc may not be an option. ...

Show prices with detail on Account Statements?
I am customizing statement.xml. I really need to show prices next to each item in the detail. Is this possible? Even with the variable AccountStatement.Activities.FullDetails, I just get the description of the item. Because this store is a pharmacy, customers want to know that they bought a prescription for $20.00 and a bottle of aspirin for $5. The transaction total of $25 is not good enough. Anyone know a way to show prices for each item within a transaction on a statement? Cheers! Steve Steve, Without looking, I would say no. That's the purpose of a receipt / invoice. A stat...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

I cannot access any hyperlinks in e-mail messages I receive.
Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my system administrator. Unfortunately, that's me!! Help! woofandduke wrote: > Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I > click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform > this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my > system administrato...

"No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook" message
When trying to copy graphs to a new worksheet within the same workbook I am getting the following message "No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook". It then won't allow me to change the font size on the graph labels. Any idea what this is and how to correct? Thanks. See this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "j" <jcamp@citizensbankwv.com> wrote in message news:043f01c37c99$7ba928f0$a40128...

The format of the e-mail address is incorrect
Good Morning, I'm getting the following message when attempting to send mail to anyone with an apostrophe in the domain name (ie. john.smith@wendy's.com) The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'mark_eganhouse@wendy's.com' on 2/22/2005 2:13 PM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Any help would greatly be apreciated get rid of the ' it is wendys.com "JZaragozaJr" <JZaragozaJr@discussi...

Invalid Add-in error message
When I open Outlook 2003, I keep getting the following error message: C:\Documents and Settings\Amanda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. Then I am booted from Outlook. How can I fix this? Try renaming outlvba.dll to outlvba.bak. Go to the add/remove applet in the control panel and perform a detect and repair on Office/Outlook 2003. /neo ps - outlvba.dll normally exists at \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS. I've never seen it under a user profile. "urbangirl" <urbangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Lost messages in Outlook express
Help! My laptop lost power while I had Outlook express open - Now my all emails that I received or sent are lost.... How can I retrieve them? I am using Outlook express 6 and Windows 2000 Thanks laura This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inete...

how to set the client size of richedit?in which window message?
i want to set the client size of richedit according to its the whole window size. i have already overridden WM_NCPAINT, but how i can set its client size? -- With best regards, Wenming Hu Wenming Hu, Is it WM_SIZE you are after (in case you want to size the control after the parent)? In that case, you must make sure the RTF-control is created in the WM_SIZE-handler, as this message will be sent for the parent before the children are created. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "wenming hu" <wenming_hu2002@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23KY6AyNsEHA.3336@...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

Set up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2002, so that the mail .
I would like multiple email accounts, in separate folders, so my family, business and consumer mail do not comingle, whether sending or recieving. At present,, they are comingled, and I cannot find the right way to correct this. The easiest method is to use profiles, one for each purpose. Otherwise, you can use rules to move mail when receiving and sending. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

Modify Protection Macro to allow formatting?
Option Explicit Sub UnprotectAll() dim wks as worksheet for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets wks.unprotect password:="topsecret" next wks End Sub Sub ProtectAll() dim wks as worksheet for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets wks.protect password:="topsecret" next wks End Sub How do I modify to allow users to format cells? Only been 4 minutes since your first post. Have a little patience. See reply at that post. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:14:02 -0800, Visakha <Visakha@discussions.microsoft...

Unable to handle inbound messages
Single Exchange 2003 Server running on a Domain Controlle ******************************************* For some reason, all inbound mails are sent back out to the internet. I have run the Internet Mail Wizard and I have compared all settings with another server. When I check the Message Tracking Center this is what I find SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuin SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queu SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorize SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routin SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delive SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of Messag SMTP:...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

conditional formatting colors
I need to somehow reflect drops in collections, but there is no set beginning amount to put in the formula bar. I need to highlight in bold or color decreases on a monthly basis and by quarter when drops of three consecutive months happen, I have tried everything, but nothing seems to be working. The spreadsheet is setup where as follows: a b c d e f g H name tume state desc rep month revenue collection it continues down with all of Jan. going down from column a4:a310 and then skips rows and begins Feb. stats a312:a624 and so on. I'...

Mailbox throws "Exchange is currently in recovery mode" message when opening
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. I went ahead and deleted an AD account of type InetOrgPerson and it's associated mailbox. Even though the AD account was an InetOrgPerson type, it seemed to work ok like that up until the last couple of days until it mysteriously stopped working. So I re-created the account, setting it to type "user" instead of InetOrgPerson. I ran a mailbox cleanup agent task on the store and purged the mailbox. Re-created it about 5 seconds later. This is the only store on the only server in the site. When I tried to open Out...

OL 2003
Hello, I recently began receiving e-mails from a Listserv group that is work related. Unfortunately, some messages are arriving with the MIME message below: ----- Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=__Part4D6FD98F.0__=" This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages. ----- How can I set up Outlook 2003 to translate these e-mails? Thanks, SCT sctvoice <sctvoice2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I recently began ...

Tasks - Monthly View
Outlook 2003, standalone computer. For some reason the rules don't function on my calendar view (month) of Tasks. Even the Default ones don't work. IE completed tasks should be strikethrough, and overdue ones in a different colour mine is supposed to be purple. But they all show as regular 8pt Tacoma. I did upgrade from Office XP a year or so ago. This is really frustrating because all my Tasks show up on the Calendar, even though I've completed some. Any suggestions? ...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

INDEX do not work
hi... I have this cell containing {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))} It stopped working. It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now.. -- Kind regards �yvind Granberg tresfjording@live.no www.tresfjording.com There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the CSE entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be shortened to: =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1)) OR =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1) I would suspect something's differen...

Messages Delivered but not recived.
Our Exchange 2003 server is reciveing SMTP emails from OpenVMS. The problem is that when OpenVMS sends out a report which sends out mutlipole emails with text attachemnts only 4 or 5 of the 15 messages that are sent reach the inbox of the Outlook Client. I have looked at the Tracking Logs and it shows all 15 message being delivered with out any errors. I have tried sending the same report to 5 different users with the same results. I can send the report to other mail servers like yahoo and hotmail and everthing comes through fine. The messages are not being blocked by our virus software...