How does rules on exchange server works.

Hi

I have following scenario, Mailes come to My Exchange Server inbox , I
have set some rules on the exchange server which will copy the mail to
some different folders if mail comes from a specific mail id.

There is an application named Transform Response which polls after some
interval and puts messages from my mailbox to the Database.

I am just curious to know if there can ba a situation in which messages
will be picked up by the Transform Response Server without being
Applied the rules which I have set. (This will defeat the purpose of
rules which I have set).

Please Help me.

TIA.

Ruchir,

Sounds like your rules will be server-based rules, and I therefore suspect
they will be processed first before your application.  Does this app require
the Outlook client to make a connection to your mailbox?  I'm no Outlook
guru for sure and you might also get better responses by posting this to
m.p.outlook and m.p.exchange.clients.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Ruchir" <ruchirdhar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have following scenario, Mailes come to My Exchange Server inbox , I
> have set some rules on the exchange server which will copy the mail to
> some different folders if mail comes from a specific mail id.
>
> There is an application named Transform Response which polls after some
> interval and puts messages from my mailbox to the Database.
>
> I am just curious to know if there can ba a situation in which messages
> will be picked up by the Transform Response Server without being
> Applied the rules which I have set. (This will defeat the purpose of
> rules which I have set).
>
> Please Help me.
>
> TIA.
>
> Ruchir,

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/22/2006 9:28:40 AM
Do I understand right, that your Transform Response Server takes mails out of
your inbox? Then consider that an agent runs over your inbox to look for
mails which matches the condition of your rules. Of course only mails can be
copied by the rule which are discovered by this agent. This can happen
immediately, seconds after receiving, but also sometimes minutes. So it seems
possible to me, that the Transform Response Server has taken mails before the
copy rule has triggered.

"Ruchir" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have following scenario, Mailes come to My Exchange Server inbox , I
> have set some rules on the exchange server which will copy the mail to
> some different folders if mail comes from a specific mail id.
>
> There is an application named Transform Response which polls after some
> interval and puts messages from my mailbox to the Database.
>
> I am just curious to know if there can ba a situation in which messages
> will be picked up by the Transform Response Server without being
> Applied the rules which I have set. (This will defeat the purpose of
> rules which I have set).
>
> Please Help me.
>
> TIA.
>
> Ruchir,

0
Oliver1 (17)

SQL Server 2005 CE Tools for VS2005 SP1.
I develop mobile applications with SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition + Visual Studio .NET 2005. So I installed both SQL Server 2005 CE and SQL Server 2005 CE Tools for VS2005 SP1. Now I want to setup a new development environment: SQL Server 2005 CE + Visual Studio .NET 2008. My question is,should I setup some like SQL Server 2005 CE Tools for VS2008,too? Thank you. ...

Response.Redirect Not Working
Am needing to make use of Response.Redirect in my FP 2002 application. All other (Response.xxxxxxx) codes seem to work, but not Redirect. Any thoughts??? Thank You Sorry...this needs to go in FrontPage BB. >-----Original Message----- >Am needing to make use of Response.Redirect in my FP 2002 >application. All other (Response.xxxxxxx) codes seem to >work, but not Redirect. Any thoughts??? Thank You >. > ...

Rule causing Outlook to stop responding
Client machine W2K, Office XP Pro SP 2 I am using Outlook for Pop3 mail. I have reinstalled W2K and Office XP due to this problem occurring. I have a new .pst file from the install and I had run the scanpst.exe on the old installation with no change in my results. It seemed to start after installing Office SP3 which is why I only install SP2 at this point. I have created and now deleted another rule that simply moves email from another address to a folder and it worked fine. I recreated the following rule: Apply this rule after the message arrives from abc@foo.bar and permanently delete it an...

"Create Rule" option greyed out
In Outlook 2003, does anybody know why this option would be greyed out for just a select couple of addresses??? Both the right click menu and the toolbar are showing grey. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. HAve you selected just one address? How are you trying to add a rule? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jaredsubman@yahoo.com asked: | In Outlook 2003, does anybody know why this option would be grey...

Exchange upgrade effect on CRM
I want to upgrade my exchange server from 2003 to 2007, by putting 2007 on a new server. What do I need to plan to do on the CRM side of things? I am thinking I just need to uninstall the CRM router for Exchange on old Exchange Server, and then install the email router on the new Exchange 2007 box. Any other changes I should plan on making? ...

Exchange 2003 & Outlook 2003
Here is my system requirements: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Microsoft Outlook 2003 I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my desktop and on my Tablet PC. Typically, I use my desktop to retrieve emails and respond to emails that come from the Exchange 2003. However, I opened up my Tablet PC Outlook 2003 and the emails began to show up on my Outlook on my Tablet but at the same time on my Desktop the emails disappeared. So now all of my old emails are on my Tablet PC and are not on my desktop. How can I fix it so what I see on my tablet I see on my desktop? I would also like it ...

Exchange errors in event viewer
We had a failure of the array that exchange was using. It was recovered (incompletely?) and now we get and error in the event viewer: Event ID: 8331 Description: The service threw and unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\ira\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) It seems exchange is looking for something at this location which doesn't exist. I am considering just creating the location but need good info on whether the server will blow up or not since it is a live server Apply the latest Service Pack may resolve the issue or as a work around try restarting the Microsoft Ex...

Exchange 2007 sp2 full mailbox permission
Hello all My account is in the exchange org admins group, and my account is also in the domain admins group. I am able to grant other users full mailbox permission over another mailbox, however these users that were granted full mailbox permissions by me cant grant other users full mailbox permission, this sound like its by design? The users that I granted full mailbox permission can grant send as permission on the mailbox. The users that are able to grant the send as permission also have full rights on the OU where the AD account lives. It sounds like send-as is ad AD perm...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 #3
Hello All Technology Colleges, I would like to ask for your assistance, and opinions on this, before I do a shotgun upgrade to my test lab. After completed reading MS Press Windows Server 2003 Administrator's companion book. I fell ready for the upgrade from Winnt4.0 domain to Win2K3 AD. But, I still feel there's an issue with the MS Exchange 5.5 migration toMS Exchange 2k3. What would be the best way for me to upgrade the MS Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003? I did some endless search on MS site for migration tools, and 3rd. party white paper, and found nothing going from Exchg.5.5 to 2k...

Trend wfbs 6.0 exchange settings issue
Hi After installing Trend wfbs 6.0 service pack 1, in console when I try Security Settings->[Exchange Server Name]->Configure I get the below error. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server. Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page. Click the Refresh button to try again wit...

MTA on Front end servers
We are currently operating in a mixed mode exchange environment (ie 55 and 2k3). In our primary site we have installed 2 EX 2k3 servers to act as our bridgehead servers. Both SMTP (to internet) and MTA\X400 (to other Ex55 servers) flow thourgh these bridgeheads. I want to make these 2 servers front-end servers but dont know how this will effect the MTA service. Question is can an MTA run on a Front end server (I know that it remove the IS stores)? and what affect does this front-end config make? redlad <redlad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are currently operating in a...

SQL server on virtual machine on network
I can ping the server, but I do not see the SQL server from Management Studio although through RDP I can connect to it and work directly on the server. Furthermore, I cannot create an ODBC driver to access data from it. Could I have some clues how to solve this? Thank You Mahen Luximan (m.luximan@gmail.com) writes: > I can ping the server, but I do not see the SQL server from Management > Studio although through RDP I can connect to it and work directly on > the server. Furthermore, I cannot create an ODBC driver to access data > from it. Could I have some clues how to sol...

How to synchronize data edited from excel to sql server
I am using excel 2003, my project asks me to do the data analysis on Excel and update the change to sql server. How would i update those info's/ synchronize those info's? I appreciate all helps :D ...

Autocomplete not working
Hi, Although Autocomplete is checked in Excel "Options", it is not working. If I have written 'abcxyz' in a column, and I write the letters 'ab' or even 'abc', in the same column, Excel doesn't suggest the word 'abcxyz'. I'm using Excel 2003 SP2. SantistaS Have you run through the suggestions in Help ("Microsoft Excel doesn't always display the AutoComplete list" topic). From what you posted, I'd guess that you're trying to autocomplete outside the current data region. In article <e57uAzTEGHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP...

Send To/Mail Recipient, Send button does not work.
I am stumped. I am using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro machine. When I right-click a file and select "send to - mail recipient", everything functions normally. A message window pops up with the file I right-clicked attached and a breif message automatically inserted in the body of the e-mail. However, when I add any valid e-mail address and click send, nothing happens. When I hover the mouse over the send button, it highlights like it should, and when I click it, it depresses like it shoud, but nothing happens. The window stays open, and the message never gets sent. Sending a mess...

Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Postfix
Hi, I`m trying to do a migration from Exchange 5.5 on WinNT4.0SP6a to FreeBSD 4.8 with Postfix MTA installed. Can you give me some advice how to convert Exchange mailboxes to maildir or mbox format, so then I can safely put them on new serwer? Is there a way different then downloading all of the mails by users, and starting with clear mailboxes on new system? Thanks in advance -- Toread: mailto:toread(at)rpg.pl::gg#:23475::Toread@IRCNet "If you find a town which looks deserted, it's probably for a reason. Take the hint and stay away." Check these out: http://easypages.kan...

setup outlook 2003 to work offline
I just installed office 2003 and when I started outlook the set up for my exchange server setup failed. now when I start outlook the program refuses to start when I press cancel at the start up screen. How do I set outlokk up to work offline and any ideas on how I can work out the problems with setting up the exchange server. Thanks in Advance Senior geek On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:59:25 -1000, glyke1 <glyke1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed office 2003 and when I started outlook the set up for my > exchange server setup failed. now when I start outlook th...

GP8.0
Hi, one of the user was posting a purchase receipt when its computer crashed. this cause and issue because now each time we go to the PURCHASE ORDER DOCUMENT INQUIRY screen, we get a PRIMARY KEY VIOLATION error [Microsoft]ODBC Sql Server Driver SQL SERVER Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint PK##0300334. Cannot insert duplicate key in object dbo.##0300334. then it says : the stored procedure popSelectPoDocumentInquiry returned the following results : DBMS: 2627, Great Plains:0. i narrowed it down and i figured out that the Purchase receipt is showing in both POP10600 and POP30300 w...

Need to move CRM server.
We are running CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003. We need to reinstall our server. We cannot backup the server because we need to change de domain name. How can we move CRM data to the new server. I did that test already : Backup my database, then restore it to th new server. The databse was master, msdb, and the 4 CRM database. Thean I folow the process for installing CRM , and as soon I see config page asking about Database I select use an existing BD. On the next page I was able to see my BD but it was not working. I dont know what I did wrong. Can someone help me. Is it possible to do t...

Messed up exchange 2003 design
Hello all I have inherited a screwed up exchagne environment and migration design. Here is what is going on There is curently a ADC in place between the 5.5 server and the 2003 exchagne server, this part sems to be working ok, trust are in place and 5.5 attributes are replicating over to AD. Now there is alos another 2000 forest on the network that has a two trust to the forest that is ruunning exchagne 2003, this is the same 2003 domain and forest that has the ADC seetup between the 5.5 and 2003 server. On the separate windows 2000 forest we have users in this forest that have there...

exchange crash #3
Hi I have got Exchange 2003 which worked till today. The effect of crash is strange because I can create account in Active Directory, I can logon to that account via OWA. But no mails can be sent as well as retrieved via e-mail client. I'm not sure if it' not effect of a trojan because it occured so suddenly. I've got NOD32 installed on this server and after collapse NOD32 was stopped. After restart it is up now. There are several interesting entries in Even Viewer: Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1412). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040952. MS DTC could not correctly proc...

mailbox size limit not working
Hello, Since I setup my Exchange 2003 Server (SP2) I've occasionally set user's mailbox size limits starting at 50mb and then working up to 85mb. I recently decided to be a little more generous and increased it to 125mb. The problem is that even though I changed it, people are still getting the restriction at 85mb. I'm going into Exchange System Manager, First Storage Group, right mouse clicking the mailbox store going to Properties and Limits. I do have it set at 125000 and the warning set at 117000 I don't have any other limits set except for a few of my bosses ha...

push mail with Exchange sp2
hi, is there a procedure that explain how to implement this functionality ? I found nothing on technet or other sites explaining step by step this (mobiles devices configuration ans supported, management on the server, etc) Anyone any idea ? dezaer <fox.box@laposte.net> wrote: >is there a procedure that explain how to implement this functionality ? >I found nothing on technet or other sites explaining step by step this >(mobiles devices configuration ans supported, management on the server, etc) >Anyone any idea ? Until you're running Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Mes...

Exchange 2003 #55
Hello, When I try to access via Exchange System mananger and right click on the server then the Directory Access Tab I get the following error: Acces denied. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft Exchange Management. I have only one Exchange 2003 Server with SP2 installed. I googled to find answers and I reapplied SP2 but the error persists. I'm executing the Exchange System Manager locally in the server with an administrator account. PS: I reinstalled SP2 and no change ? Any ideas? Thanks. Louhichi On Feb 19, 1:45 pm, "alouhi...@gmail.com" <alouhi...@gmail.c...

How to delete mailboxes on Exchange 2000 fairly urgent
We have Active Directory 2003 and exchange 2000. Deleted the AD Account and associated mailbox. However in Exchange system manager you still see the mailbox with a red X beside it. Checked in help and it said something about purging the mailbox. Do I need to do this or do I wait for the overnight cleanup jobs to remove the mailboxes thanks. -- Kath That depends on what you configured on the "limits" tab of the properties sheet on your database. -- Regards, Roland "Kaddie" wrote: > We have Active Directory 2003 and exchange 2000. Deleted the AD Accou...