How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory

Guys,
Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active 
Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards.
-- 
Buchi 

0
Buchi (48)
8/6/2005 3:21:01 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
405 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 18

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi"
<Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Guys,
>Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active 
>Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards.


You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD
domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and
Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result will
show if the DC is a GC or not.

Im sure there are more, these are off the top of my head.



0
adavid (8731)
8/6/2005 7:07:41 PM
Without having it here in front of me, won't REPLMON (from the Windows 2000 
/ 2003 Support Tools) also show you a lot of nifty things like all the DCs, 
GCs, role holders, etc...

-- 
Jim McBee
Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
Web: http://www.somorita.com

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in 
message news:gu1af1d2rubvv0gop4pk4agme73e5a80iv@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi"
> <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Guys,
>>Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in 
>>Active
>>Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards.
>
>
> You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD
> domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and
> Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result will
> show if the DC is a GC or not.
>
> Im sure there are more, these are off the top of my head.
>
>
> 


0
jmcbee9404 (625)
8/6/2005 7:52:59 PM
On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:52:59 -1000, "Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]"
<jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote:

>Without having it here in front of me, won't REPLMON (from the Windows 2000 
>/ 2003 Support Tools) also show you a lot of nifty things like all the DCs, 
>GCs, role holders, etc...


Indeed. Right-Click/ Show Global Catalogs in Enterprise :) 
0
adavid (8731)
8/6/2005 8:19:03 PM
Andy, do you ever get out and have any fun?  Seems like you are always 
working.  :-)   Go on!  Scoot!  Out the door!  It's Saturday.  :-)

-- 
Jim McBee
Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
Web: http://www.somorita.com


"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in 
message news:8o6af1da2pgou577dgmciqq6anut0l1680@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:52:59 -1000, "Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]"
> <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote:
>
>>Without having it here in front of me, won't REPLMON (from the Windows 
>>2000
>>/ 2003 Support Tools) also show you a lot of nifty things like all the 
>>DCs,
>>GCs, role holders, etc...
>
>
> Indeed. Right-Click/ Show Global Catalogs in Enterprise :) 


0
jmcbee9404 (625)
8/6/2005 9:49:10 PM
On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:49:10 -1000, "Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]"
<jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote:

>Andy, do you ever get out and have any fun?  Seems like you are always 
>working.  :-)   Go on!  Scoot!  Out the door!  It's Saturday.  :-)


Its the only way my probation officer knows I am really at home! :) 
0
adavid (8731)
8/6/2005 10:19:21 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: