How do I stop users from accessing the global address list??

I want to run a hosted Exchange 2003 server and I don't want users that I've
added to the Active Directory to be able to get at the global address list
and see everyone elses information (like name, address, phone numbers etc).

I just want Administrators to be able to access it.

How do I do that?

Modify the permission of the Global Address List by right-clicking it in
ESM, selecting Properties, then go to the Security tab.
"Sterling" <Sterling_Jacobson@RemoveMeHotmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to run a hosted Exchange 2003 server and I don't want users that
I've
> added to the Active Directory to be able to get at the global address list
> and see everyone elses information (like name, address, phone numbers
etc).

> I just want Administrators to be able to access it.
>
> How do I do that?

0
Megan
8/10/2004 4:58:32 PM
I can still see everyone in the global address list with a test user.

I tried removing inherited permission, removing all references to every
security object that wasn't an administrator.

I also did this to All Global... and All Address.. objects and sub objects.

I tried restarting the Exchange services.

Still have Global Address List in the OWA client drop down list and can
still search and see every property of every other user.

What is the trick to getting domain users to not see or search each other???

"Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
message news:egv2dsvfEHA.2020@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Modify the permission of the Global Address List by right-clicking it in
> ESM, selecting Properties, then go to the Security tab.
> "Sterling" <Sterling_Jacobson@RemoveMeHotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I want to run a hosted Exchange 2003 server and I don't want users that
> I've
> > added to the Active Directory to be able to get at the global address
list
> > and see everyone elses information (like name, address, phone numbers
> etc).
> >
> > I just want Administrators to be able to access it.
> >
> > How do I do that?

Found the answer. It is Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 822940.

Thanks for your help.

> I can still see everyone in the global address list with a test user.
>
> I tried removing inherited permission, removing all references to every
> security object that wasn't an administrator.
>
> I also did this to All Global... and All Address.. objects and sub
objects.

> I tried restarting the Exchange services.
>
> Still have Global Address List in the OWA client drop down list and can
> still search and see every property of every other user.
>
> What is the trick to getting domain users to not see or search each
other???

> "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
> message news:egv2dsvfEHA.2020@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Modify the permission of the Global Address List by right-clicking it in
> > ESM, selecting Properties, then go to the Security tab.
> > "Sterling" <Sterling_Jacobson@RemoveMeHotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I want to run a hosted Exchange 2003 server and I don't want users
that
> > I've
> > > added to the Active Directory to be able to get at the global address
> list
> > > and see everyone elses information (like name, address, phone numbers
> > etc).
> > >
> > > I just want Administrators to be able to access it.
> > >
> > > How do I do that?

Removing multiple users from Outlook

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

stop error defeating me

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

MS Access 2007 code not running

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

Format List Box!

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Print a list of movies
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns (No and Name of Movie). There are 322 rows. I would like to print this so that I have the first 44 rows on the left side of the page and the next 44 rows on the right side of the page. I would like to keep this setup on all pages. These cells have color formatting and numbers that I need to keep with each cell. How do I do this? -- Terri Sprague www.tlsprague.com Hi Teri, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...