My exchnage send a message automatically but I need to change the message
where do I change it?

Thanks,
Ron

0
rony (4)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:35:53 -0700, "Ron" <rony@geotestinc.com> wrote:

>My exchnage send a message automatically but I need to change the message
>where do I change it?
>
>Thanks,
>Ron

Exchange doesnt do that unless you have something scripted.
If you are referring to the welcome message in Outlook, its called
welcome.msg , but I dont think its been used since Outlook 2002.

0
adavid (8731)
6/22/2005 12:14:37 AM
So where would I plug in the script? Also I searched for welcome.msg and
could not find it. The message I see is an HTML message that was written for
this server.

Thanks,
Ron

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:m8bhb153crak3vipsu16mekrm61us4lhl0@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:35:53 -0700, "Ron" <rony@geotestinc.com> wrote:
>
>>My exchnage send a message automatically but I need to change the message
>>where do I change it?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Ron
>>

> Exchange doesnt do that unless you have something scripted.
> If you are referring to the welcome message in Outlook, its called
> welcome.msg , but I dont think its been used since Outlook 2002.

0
rony (4)
6/22/2005 12:32:42 AM
OK I found it http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=293870
Thanks,
Ron

"Ron" <rony@geotestinc.com> wrote in message
> So where would I plug in the script? Also I searched for welcome.msg and
> could not find it. The message I see is an HTML message that was written
> for this server.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
>

> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote
> in message news:m8bhb153crak3vipsu16mekrm61us4lhl0@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:35:53 -0700, "Ron" <rony@geotestinc.com> wrote:
>>
>>>My exchnage send a message automatically but I need to change the message
>>>where do I change it?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Ron
>>>

>> Exchange doesnt do that unless you have something scripted.
>> If you are referring to the welcome message in Outlook, its called
>> welcome.msg , but I dont think its been used since Outlook 2002.

0
rony (4)

Doc Id
I get below error message, even though my header and line items both have same Doc Id. Can anybody tell me the relation between the doc ids for header and line item tables. "Sql procedure error codes returned:\r\nError Number = 3441 Stored Procedure taSopLineIvcInsert Error Description = DOCID does not exist for document type\r\nNode Identifier Parameters: taSopLineIvcInsert \r\nSOPNUMBE = INV2001\r\nSOPTYPE = 3\r\nRelated Error Code Parameters for Node : taSopLineIvcInsert \r\nDOCID = STDINV1\r\nSOPTYPE = 3\r\n\...

Exchange Server Information Store not starting automatically...
Hello, when I have to restart the Windows Server 2003, or when there is a power outage, etc... when the Server Restarts I manually have to go in the Services and start the Exchange Information Store. Below are the few entries that precede the Notification that the Information Store did not start: ***************************************************************************************************************** THINK I FIXED THIS PROBLEM AND IS UNRELATED TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION STORE Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 11/5/2006 T...

Not possible to send messages with Windows Mail.
Tried to follow the advice from Bruce Hagen to change the SMTP port number to 465 instead of the default value 25. It did not work. I still get the same error message: " Ämne 'test', Konto: 'mailin.comhem.se', Server: 'mailout.comhem.se', Protokoll: SMTP, Serversvar: '550 Local sender address requires authentication', Port: 25, Secure (SSL): Nej, Serverfel: 550, Felnummer: 0x800CCC79" I have three different mailboxes. Window Mail is capable to retrieve the messages from my mailboxes bur when I try to send a message with Windows ...

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

New to SUMPRODUCT .. is there a better way?
Just starting to work with SUMPRODUCT, thanks to references to Debra Dalgleish's blog - http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2009/06/17/excel-for-underdogs/ and her link to Bob Phillip's write-up: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html in these NGs. I have a table of historical data (laid out as a table, not actually formatted as an xl2010 table nor xl2003 list) where each row represents a single sample and it's associated data. I'm working to create, on a different worksheet in the same workbook, a summary showing a) the oldest and b) newest sample date an...

How to replicate mailbox between two exchange servers?
There are two Exchange server 2003 (Exch1 & Exch2) in two locations with win 2K3. Those servers are connected over dialup connection using Routing and remote access service. All users mailbox is created in Exch1. But, it is need to replicate and accordingly synchronize the mailbox into Exch2. Could you give me the solution anyone? Try these links. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bedf62a9-dff7-49a8-bd27-b2f1c46d5651.aspx http://infoworld.com/article/06/10/02/40TCfailover_2.html http://www.xosoft.com/products/f_WANSyncHAExchange.shtml "Emon" <Emon@discussion...

Exch 5.5 - Outlook
We have had an Exchange 5.5 server running for years as a POP3 Server, and are trying to upgrade everyone to Outlook to take full advantage of Exchange functionality. After I switch my profile to Exchange instead of POP3, and connect, I can send and receive email internally fine. I can also receive email externally fine. However, if I try to send an email to outside, the second the message is sent, I get an Undeliverable message. The message reads: Your message To: 'support@glibix.com' Subject: Web Site Backup Sent: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:50:39 -0400 did not rea...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: When Life Was Simpler Sent: 9/28/2004 11:25 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: rjohnson@xyz.com on 9/28/2004 11:28 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <Serv01.abc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for rjohnson@xyz.com> I wondered where this message went. I guess I'll need be more careful to make my posts unique. "admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote in message news:10lj0v4qqqon...

Calendar changes in Outlook 2003 not showing up following mailbox move
We have recently migrated some of our users from our native Exchange 2000 Server over to Exchange 2003. All clients are using Outlook 2003. Previously, the admin would keep the calendars of her two managers open within her own calendar pane, and new meeting agendas that she sent would appear immediately as "tenative" on the calendars of her two managers. However, after migrating her and her managers to the new Exchange 2003 server, her managers' calendar isn't being updated automatically nor immediately. (if at all). If she sets meeting agendas for users still on the olde...

Message Tracking and SMTP Logging
Ok, so I enabled Message Tracking on my Exchange server, and I also enabled SMTP logging. I found the log file for the messages, but does anyone know of an app that will make it easier to read? Also, will Message Tracking allow me to use the Find Messages option in the Queue viewer, or do I need to enable something else? Again, is there somewhere on the net that would show me how to read these things or an app that would make it manegable? Thanks! Yes with excel. Open Excel and then open the text file. "Javier" wrote: > Ok, so I enabled Message Tracking on my Exchange se...

Flagged messages
Is there a way to mark certain messages (for instance - messages have been marked with a flag for followup) Do not Archive - when the autoarchive option has been selected? Thank you. If you open the message go to File > Properties > checkbox at bottom of dialogue "Rita" <rpdavis@nuclearfuelservices.com> wrote in message news:000101c3602f$1e537060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to mark certain messages (for instance - > messages have been marked with a flag for followup) Do not > Archive - when the autoarchive option has been selected? > > Tha...

email send with o2
Didnt find any answer sorry The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'oodododod@hotmail.fr'. Subject 'Re: lettre de motivation', Account: 'pop3.o2.ie', Server: 'smtp.o2.ie', ...

New internet issue with desktop and laptop
As of two nights ago, I cannot be on the internet on my desktop (with a cable modem) and on the internet on my laptop (wireless router) at the same time. I do not know of any recent changes. Chris "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA7C1A7B-59E7-48D1-AE93-4F63B7A25353@microsoft.com... > As of two nights ago, I cannot be on the internet on my desktop (with a > cable > modem) and on the internet on my laptop (wireless router) at the same > time. > I do not know of any recent changes. > > Chris Is your P...

5.5 IMC and attached messages
Hi We (still) use Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook 2000. Tim Sampson <mail@get.rid.of.this.the-sampsons.co.uk> wrote in news:Xns95B89587B5F8Etimsampsonessexuk@213.210.46.2: > Hi > > We (still) use Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook 2000. > Ignore this message. I accidentally sent it before it was finished. ...

My inbox messages automatically delete when I close outlook. Why?
Lately when I close outlook all my messages are automatically deleted. I cannot see that they have been moved. And they do not go to the deleted folder. They just seem to disappear. Is there a setting that may have accidentally been set to make this happen? Are you using a Hide read view? look on the View menu to select a different view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-reque...

creating mailboxes E2K7?
HEllo, as you see i'm new to E2K7 and i *wrongly* thought it would be an easy upgrade path like e2k to 2k3, well i can't find anything!, i've spent most of last week reading documentation, techcenter, blogs, sites to no avail. mainly, �WHERE IS MY ADU&C INTEGRATION?, i was very fond of the exchange tasks and be able to view mailbox properties on the same console, now the ADUC doesn't has anything about exchange, and on exchange MMC there's that wizard which is useless if i want to create letsay.. more than 3 mailboxes. what happens if i want to create a mailbox at...

Undeliverable message!
I have one user that is recieving this following message only from one person all other e-mails that she sends semm fine except for this particular person: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: amsnitow@igc.org on 9/22/2004 10:39 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mailsvr.eef.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> ...

Send On Behalf Permissions
I have an Exchange 2003 environment and my end users all are using MS Outlook 2000 as their email client. A couple users have been given access to a mailbox and given permission to the mailbox and granted access to send on behalf. User A: can send email from the mailbox given access to and it does not show "User Name sent on behalf of Mailbox" User B: can also send email fromt he mailbox given access to and it does show "User Name sent on behalf of Mailbox" What can be the issue? Why does one user get that message from email sent and the other doesnt? User A, b...

Outlook 2000 can't send mail over Exchange 5.0 if OS is XP Pro
Hi, maybe you guys heard about this problem and could give me a hint: Windows 2000 Server (SP3) with Exchange 5.0 (SP3) XP Pro (SP1) or Windows 2000 Pro with Outlook 2000 Clients. I can send mails from the Windows 2000 Pro clients, but with the "same" setup I can't on the XP Pro clients. I get two errormails back, which say that there is a network error. But the network is ok (can ping and get the server shares), I even can receive mails. I assume it is a authentication problem, but I don't know anymore where to look at. Please help. TIA Alex ...

Exchange mailbox rights set as noninherited #3
Hello, We have quite strange problem, with mailbox exchange rights inherited, as well as explicitly set. For example... There are two mailboxes... lets call them "dummy1" and "dummy2"... At the storage group with these mailboxes permissions are applied for group exchange administrators, which say that the group should not have access to the mailboxes in the storage group. If I check the permissions at those two mailboxes, DUMMY1 shows permissions inherited from parent object, as it should be... everything ok. But DUMMY2 shows permissions explicitly configured at the o...

Trying to send distribution list. I follow instruction on help me
I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not appear in the "insert" menu. I can't sen a distribution It's there. State your Outlook version and editor if you can't find it so we can tell you where it is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jchick6942" <jchick6942@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B9ADD0C-CE2A-4143-911D-E4F91E5419A4@microsoft.com... >I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not > appear in the "insert" menu. I can't sen a dis...

how to compile updates automatically in a single sheet
I have a few sheets where users need to append, or sometimes update, regularly. I want to have summary sheets which comprise of all data of all sheets which automatically updates all the sheets. For example, if someone enters new record at sheet2, then it should reflects at the summary sheet. Similarly for update which I also expect to reflect on summary sheet. I think this thing is quite common in many environment, however, I can't figure out how to achieve this. Any assistance or idea is greatly appreciated. Soe, assume there are 3 sheets (sheet1, sheet2 and sheet3), and type data ...

How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?
Gurus, I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this? I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003. Thanks, -Michael On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would >like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is >recieved through this group address. How ...

Error: Multiple copies of message arrived
A user of mine has reported that he sent an email to several recipients using Outlook 2000 via an Exchange 5.5 system. One of the recipients has been in touch to say that he received approximately 80 copies of the message over time. Checking the system logs and diagnostics give me no clue as to why this might happen. Can anyone enlighten me ? Thanks in advance ...

Security Warning when creating a new class with MFC ODBC Consumer
With VC++ .NET 2003, i'm creating a new class (MFC ODBC container). Everything seems to work until im about to generate the class. I get this "Security Warning" message box text : "The connection string in the generated code may contain plain text passwords and/or sensitive information. Please review the wizard generated code for details." If I confirm this box, my whole VS closes automatically. I tried with VC++ 6.0 and it worked perfectly. But i dont want do use anymore this version. Thanks Vince That's shows up because of a pragma in the code created by ...