How do I move an Exchange mailbox from one user to another?

I'm new to Exchange and my first task proved to be a bit more than I
could chew:

One of my users, lets call her Annie, has two NT accounts in my
domain: AnnieA and AnnieB. AnnieA has email address
AnnieA@MyDomain.com and AnnieB doesn't have email.

Now I want to remove account AnnieA and let AnnieB inherit AnnieA's
email address and mail box. How do I do this?

Thanks!
/Carl
0
caos (2)

What version of Exchange?
In 5.5 you can just go to the mailbox properties and
change the user account associated with the mailbox.
In 2000 you use ADU&C to right click >exchange tasks
>remove mail attributes from AnnieA and then go to
Exchange System Manager to "reconnect" the orphaned mail
attribute to AnnieB
If you have Deleted Mailbox Retention you can delete the
AnnieA account which will have the same effect when you
get into ESM.

0
mark7219 (5666)
4/26/2004 10:00:02 AM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>What version of Exchange?
>In 5.5 you can just go to the mailbox properties and
>change the user account associated with the mailbox.
>In 2000 you use ADU&C to right click >exchange tasks
>>remove mail attributes from AnnieA and then go to
>Exchange System Manager to "reconnect" the orphaned mail
>attribute to AnnieB
>If you have Deleted Mailbox Retention you can delete the
>AnnieA account which will have the same effect when you
>get into ESM.

make sure you have 'deleted mailbox retention' enabled before doing
either of those things. removing the exchange attributes is, for the
information store, the same as removing the account!

before you can reconnect the mailbox, you may have to run the 'cleanup
agent'. select the 'mailboxes' view, right-click, and select 'run
cleanup agent'. once the mailbox appears with a red 'x' you can
right-click the mailbox and select 'reconnect...'.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

OWA jumping mouse

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...