How do I delete Outlook Today Folder when using Exchange Mailboxes

I recently moved to Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 with all latest
updates on a new machine then migrated my exchange accounts over (very nasty
thing to do). When setting up a migrated account using Outlook 2002 and
exchange as the mail type it shows 2 main folders in the  folder list.
Mailbox- Doe, John and then it shows Outlook Today -[Personal]. While all
mail bounces from the Mailbox -JD to the Outlood Today -[Personal] all
previous contacts, emails, groups, etc. stay in the Mailbox -Doe,John. I want
to get rid of the Outlook Today folder. Any Ideas? I do have screen shots if
you email me.
Thanks
0
COOP (18)

In news:542B46D9-FC1F-4E64-BF7A-FAF110BDFB3F@microsoft.com,
ANW Coop <ANW Coop@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I recently moved to Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 with all
> latest updates on a new machine then migrated my exchange accounts
> over (very nasty thing to do). When setting up a migrated account
> using Outlook 2002 and exchange as the mail type it shows 2 main
> folders in the  folder list. Mailbox- Doe, John and then it shows
> Outlook Today -[Personal]. While all mail bounces from the Mailbox
> -JD to the Outlood Today -[Personal] all previous contacts, emails,
> groups, etc. stay in the Mailbox -Doe,John. I want to get rid of the
> Outlook Today folder. Any Ideas? I do have screen shots if you email
> me.
> Thanks

You still have a personal folders file (PST file) in this profile. Since it
sounds like your mailbox is correctly set as the delivery location, I
suggest you copy/move in what you need from PST to mailbox...then I'd close
the PST file by right-clicking on it in your folder list, and Close.

0
lanwench (7567)
5/30/2006 10:24:04 PM
if you right click the top level folder of the mailbox, and select
"Properties", on the "Home page" tab, you should be able to uncheck "Show
home page by default for this folder"...does that not work?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"ANW Coop" <ANW Coop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently moved to Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 with all latest
> updates on a new machine then migrated my exchange accounts over (very
nasty
> thing to do). When setting up a migrated account using Outlook 2002 and
> exchange as the mail type it shows 2 main folders in the  folder list.
> Mailbox- Doe, John and then it shows Outlook Today -[Personal]. While all
> mail bounces from the Mailbox -JD to the Outlood Today -[Personal] all
> previous contacts, emails, groups, etc. stay in the Mailbox -Doe,John. I
want
> to get rid of the Outlook Today folder. Any Ideas? I do have screen shots
if
> you email me.
> Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)

Exchange update problem

help about accessing deleted items
Hi, would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from outlook. which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great help for me to understand. thanx in advance . Best Regards __ Are you trying to retrieve deleted items? Are you using an Exchange server in your environment? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "aatif.amin@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids fr...

Want to add new folder to all existing mailboxes
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas thank e "Eric" <ehansen@aruplab.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas? >thanks >e Well, if you've got an anti virus or anti spam product that's Exchange integrated then the package will generate them automatically. If you haven't, then deply Outlook 2003. If y...

Crash on 'Send"

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

sharing of folders

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003