How do I create a secondary free/busy replica??

Hi,

I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a
secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a
quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone give
me instructions please?

Thanks,

TKE402
0
tke402 (25)

First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public folder
store on it.  Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System
Manager,  right click on public folders and choose View System Folders.
Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to
display it's properties.  On the Replica tab, add another public folder
store to the list.  I just did this about 30 times on Tuesday.  :-)

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a
> secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a
> quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone
> give
> me instructions please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TKE402

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
2/8/2007 8:25:35 PM
Replicate the public folder to another Exchange Server with a PF Store.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a
> secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a
> quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone
> give
> me instructions please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TKE402

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/8/2007 8:25:52 PM
Thanks Jim but when I right click on the Schedule + Free Busy folder and
choose properties I only get a general tab and the message "No properties are
available on this object."

I tried doing this from my machine, also the first exchange server as well
as the second exchange server and I get the same results.

"Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:

> First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public folder
> store on it.  Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System
> Manager,  right click on public folders and choose View System Folders.
> Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to
> display it's properties.  On the Replica tab, add another public folder
> store to the list.  I just did this about 30 times on Tuesday.  :-)
>

> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com
>

> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a
> > secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a
> > quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone
> > give
> > me instructions please?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > TKE402

0
tke402 (25)
2/8/2007 9:06:03 PM
you mean in the ESM?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

> Thanks Jim but when I right click on the Schedule + Free Busy folder and
> choose properties I only get a general tab and the message "No properties
> are
> available on this object."
>
> I tried doing this from my machine, also the first exchange server as well
> as the second exchange server and I get the same results.
>

> "Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:
>
>> First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public
>> folder
>> store on it.  Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System
>> Manager,  right click on public folders and choose View System Folders.
>> Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to
>> display it's properties.  On the Replica tab, add another public folder
>> store to the list.  I just did this about 30 times on Tuesday.  :-)
>>

>> --
>> Jim McBee
>> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>> Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com
>>

>> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating
>> > secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just
>> > want a
>> > quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can
>> > anyone
>> > give
>> > me instructions please?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > TKE402

0
sconkey (3059)
2/8/2007 9:10:28 PM
yes correct. I tried ESM from my machine and from each of the Exchange
servers.

"Susan" wrote:

> you mean in the ESM?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Jim but when I right click on the Schedule + Free Busy folder and
> > choose properties I only get a general tab and the message "No properties
> > are
> > available on this object."
> >
> > I tried doing this from my machine, also the first exchange server as well
> > as the second exchange server and I get the same results.
> >

> > "Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:
> >
> >> First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public
> >> folder
> >> store on it.  Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System
> >> Manager,  right click on public folders and choose View System Folders.
> >> Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to
> >> display it's properties.  On the Replica tab, add another public folder
> >> store to the list.  I just did this about 30 times on Tuesday.  :-)
> >>

> >> --
> >> Jim McBee
> >> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> >> Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com
> >>

> >> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
tke402 (25)
2/8/2007 9:23:00 PM
so you went to "Folders" then did a right-click on "Public Folders" and
selected "View System Folders" and got the properties from there, and there
wasn't really anything there?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

> yes correct. I tried ESM from my machine and from each of the Exchange
> servers.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> you mean in the ESM?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Jim but when I right click on the Schedule + Free Busy folder
>> > and
>> > choose properties I only get a general tab and the message "No
>> > properties
>> > are
>> > available on this object."
>> >
>> > I tried doing this from my machine, also the first exchange server as
>> > well
>> > as the second exchange server and I get the same results.

0
sconkey (3059)
2/8/2007 9:29:10 PM
not exactly. I did Folders> right click Public Folders selected View System
Folders. then in the detail pane on the right hand side I right clicked the
Schedule+Free busy folder. That we I only get a general tab and no details. I
am logged in as Exchange admin BTW

"Susan" wrote:

> so you went to "Folders" then did a right-click on "Public Folders" and
> selected "View System Folders" and got the properties from there, and there
> wasn't really anything there?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes correct. I tried ESM from my machine and from each of the Exchange
> > servers.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> you mean in the ESM?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
tke402 (25)
2/8/2007 9:46:00 PM
it does sound more and more to be a permissions issue...same result on any
system folder?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

> not exactly. I did Folders> right click Public Folders selected View
> System
> Folders. then in the detail pane on the right hand side I right clicked
> the
> Schedule+Free busy folder. That we I only get a general tab and no
> details. I
> am logged in as Exchange admin BTW
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> so you went to "Folders" then did a right-click on "Public Folders" and
>> selected "View System Folders" and got the properties from there, and
>> there
>> wasn't really anything there?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > yes correct. I tried ESM from my machine and from each of the Exchange
>> > servers.

0
sconkey (3059)

create yearly summary from monthly worksheets
How do create a yearly summary worksheet using data from monthly worksheets? Without much data, difficult to answer without assumptions, but her goes... Assuming each sheet is named bu month and you want to sum the same cel (let's say B5) in all tabs, Insert a new tab at the end, named Yea summary. In Cell B5, on the Year summary, your formula would b =sum(Jan:Dec!B5) This will of course only work if your furthest left tab is named Ja and your second last to the right is named Dec with the Year Summar being farthest rught. Let me know if this works for you or provide more information r...

DLL Created using vb.net 2.0... Could not create object.
Hi all, I created a simple DLL for use with the begin tender hook in the POS. I get a message when the event fires saying "Attempt to execute COM object 'blah.blah' failed. Could not create object." Has anyone else experienced this or know why and can you point me in the right direction? Probably has something to do with how I created my DLL...just a guess. KJ It's probably because you haven't gotten your dll registered properly for COM. I've done it with VS2003, but VS2005 may have changed something. You used to use REGASM to register the assembly ...

creating user accounts via webpage
Hi Guys, I know that we can create mail enabled accounts via webpage but how to do it??? Any examples? Thanks ...

create text box with Border Art using VB
Hi, Publisher 2002/Office XP Can anyone tell me how to create a border round a text box (one of the built-in border art ones) while creating it from VB? The box is created thus (so far):- Set pubdoc = appPub.ActiveDocument.Pages(1) With pubdoc Set TextBox = .Shapes.AddTextbox _ (Orientation:=pbTextOrientationHorizontal, _ Left:=144, Top:=144, _ Width:=72, Height:=18) With TextBox .TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" End With End With I created one in Publisher, then used VB to open the document and work through the Shapes collection to show me ...

How to create a Sub-Category on a outlookk form?
I want to create an outlook form for the Contact Information. Apart from the usual personal contact information like FName, LName, Address..etc. I need to categorize the contact person into "Category" and "Sub-Category" I can see the "Categories" feature in one of the standard template, but how to create a "Sub-Categories" which can be linked to the Main Category...Please help?? ...

MS Publisher
I publish a newsletter and need to create the 11 X 17 paper size. How do I do that? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jan Jewby-Horan <jhoran@co.ho.md.us>... > I publish a newsletter and need to create the 11 X 17 > paper size. How do I do that? Use a Custom paper size (Your printer driver will need to support this size unless you want to tile print) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Word 2007: Create a referenced date control with a default date
I am trying to do the following for a client: A template for a letter has a locked (grouped, but not protected) section on the first page containing content controls for name, address and date. On the following pages there is a header with REF fields referencing bookmarks around the content controls on the first page. This works fine for copying the data to the header. Now I want a default date in the date control on the first page, so I add a CREATEDDATE field inside the control. This gets filled in automatically when the document is generated, and the user can change the d...

"not enough memory" message when try to reply or create email
I'm getting the following message when I try to reply to or create an email: "There was an error opening this message. There is not enough memory." I can receive emails ok. Can anybody please help! Thanks! ...

Create a calendar from a non gui list
In Calendar Creator Plus there is an option to build a calendar based on a list. You build a list like 01/10/2009, Go to meeting, Board Room 01/15/2009, Staff Luncheon, Applebees and so forth, then you can build a calendar based on this list (or database). Is there a way to do this in MS Publisher? ...

VBA or Macro Help: Create new files based on dynamic text in a tab
I have 7 tables in a Word doc. Each table has a cell for "Owner". Suzy is the owner in 4 of the tables, John is the owner in 3. I want to loop through all possible owners (in this case, 2), find each table that belongs to them, and create a new file for each owner. At the end of the macro, I'd have a file called "Suzy.doc" with her 4 tables appended and one called "John.doc" with his 3 tables appended. I could code this back in the day by looping through a 'getOwner-readWordDoc-testCondition-writeRecord' loop-until-end. But, I can&#...

Specifying Optional child elements when creating a new XElement object
I'm creating an XML "document" programmatically using: new XElement("Root", new XElement("Child", "Child 1"), new XElement("Child", "Child 2"), new XElement("Child", "Child 3")); However, I want to add a child element optionally - based on a condition. At present I'm doing the following: bool addOptionalChild = true; new XElement("Root", addOptionalChild ? new XElement("OptionalChild", "Optional Child 1") : null, new XElement("Child", "Child 1&quo...

auto create itemlookupcode when adding new items
Just like RMS assigns the next available # when adding a new customer, RMS should have a "next available #" for auto assigning the next Item Looup Code when adding inventory. At it's most basic, all you would do is give the starting number , say 10000. You could always overwrite the number suggested with a manufacturer's 12 digit upc. The implementation guide talks about "automation for numbering items", let's see it! We offer this feature in one of our add-ins called AutoGen. You can define a sequential ILC as 5, 6, or 7 digits or autogenerate categor...

Create a script to automatically save received email...
Hi all, I'm trying to create a script that I can assign to a Rule that automatically saves the email based on Subject content as a txt file to a specified network folder. The Rule part is easy... but the part that has me scratching my head is the script! To do this would be an amazing help!!! Thanks in advance for any help. Ian. On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:49:03 -1000, IanFW <IanFW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I'm trying to create a script that I can assign to a Rule that > automatically > saves the email based on Subject content as a txt file to ...

$ off coupons in money and business
Is there a way to use $ off coupons in money? thanks enter them as credits against the purchase you have made, or, it you don't want the added complication, ignore them and put in the actual paid amount rather than a cost before coupon -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited e...

Create a status designation from 5 date fields using "Not IsNull"
I am still learning, lots that I don't know, but I am trying to create a status designation from 5 date fields using "Not IsNull" and having difficulty. I am not sure if this will fuction best in query, forms... can I do this on the table??? After some research, this is what I have in a query for now and it seems to work but I don't want a number: Status: IIf(Not IsNull([cogradulate]),5,IIf(Not IsNull([verifydate]),4,IIf(Not IsNull([permCAdate]),3,IIf(Not IsNull([shorttermCAdate]),2,IIf(Not IsNull([containmentdate]),1,0))))) When I change it to a word in...

Unable to create Recovery Points on Hyper-V VMs
Hello, We are in the process of testing DPM 2007 and have setup a test environment consisting of a DPM Server backing up a Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V host machine with 3 VMs also running Windows Server 2008 R2. We are also backing up the C:\ and System State of the Hyper-V machine in addition to backing up the 3 Virtual Machines all within a single protection group. We installed SP1, the Feature pack for DPM 2007 (KB949779) and the August 28th Hotfix Rollup (KB970868). Prior to installing the Hotfix Rollup the backups were running correctly and we didn't have any...

Secondary Y axis and more with Pivot charts...
Hi, Is it possible to use secondary axis in a pivot chart? I want to use secondary axis to create some milestones in my chart (something changed in week x, for example) I created a pivot table based on data with a weeknumber. Now there are weeks with no data that are not displayed. Is it possible to display weeknumbers on X-axis without any data? In my chart numbering is like: wk 52, 2,3,4,5,6,8 and it should be wk 52,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Thanks in advance, Stefan You can plot any of the series in a pivot chart on the secondary axis, by double clicking on the series and choosing Seconda...

business portal re-initialize company and SQL Configuration
I have a suggestion from a customer. They are running Great Plains 8.0 and Business Portal 2.5. They restored a company database from backup prior to the installation of Business Portal so the company database does not contain the BP objects. However the SQL Configuration option within the Add/Remove Programs for BP does not allow for this because technically BP does not know the company was restored. The table that is causing the issue is MbfInstalledDatabases. This table is holding the reference to the restored company so running the SQL Configuration to re-initialize the company...

Pivot
Can anybody show me how to create a Calculated Item in a pivot table? I have a field called CLASS with the following values: Stock, Sales, Order and Target. I would want a field that calculates Stock minus Order. As per HELP, we have to ungroup each item and enter the calculation. I have done that but have never been successful in creating one. Either the system hangs up or I get a message that Calculated Item should be of the same field, which was how I defined it. Am I the only one who is having problem with this? -- bchan ----------------------------------------------------------...

Business Portal & KPIs #2
We can set up KPIs with either an alert view, list view or bar chart view. Is there some way of automatically alerting a designated person when a KPI is either in the warning or critical stage. Kimmer -- Currently there is no method to alert individuals when a KPI is within a warning or critical stage. -- Kirsten Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Kimmer" <Kimmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Using Classifications with Invoices/Deluxe & Small Business 2003
I have rental properties and use the "classifications" function to separate my different properties. Several utility bills are paid by me and then I invoice the tenant, but I can't figure out how to attach the classification to the invoice, so it shows up when I want a financial statement for a particular property. Is there a way to do that and/or does 2006 Small Business address this? -- David ...

Creating customised calendars
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

Creating Return from Project to vendors from PA Module
Hi, I am not familar with the project accounting, struckup with the functionality. I am trying to create a return entry for "Return Non-Inventory items from projects to vendors". I am trying to return a single ("1") quantity, When entering the value in Quantity field it pops me a warning message saying "You are not allowed to return a quantity greater than the actual posted quantity". What is the functionality that i'm missing. If possible can anyone tell me the functionality to create a return from Project Accounting. Thanks in advance, Regards, Shan....

Sorry to create a new post, but I have tried the other posts' suggestions... can't install new Office 2004?
Hello there, I'm hoping someone can please help me to help a friend who is in need. I am in Germany to attend his wife's unexpected funeral and help him out with his 4 young children and his small business. Well, one of the things I did was convince him to switch from an old PC to a new iMac. And then I got him to buy a full version of Office 2004 rather than use Apple's Windows emulator and run his old PC version of Office. So the new Mac Office 2004 arrives, and one of his 'know it all' friends puts the disc in the iMac and starts the installation - without first removin...

server refuses to create share
Hi, Brand new Windows 2008 server. Due to UAC problems as domain admin I have disabled all AUC prompts for Domain admins in de local policy. We do not have any GPO which might overule that. On a newly formatted D: drive I want to share a folder. I create a directory, right click on the directory and choose share. By default my account is listed as owner and Domain admins as Co-Owner. The share button stil has the UAC shield on it but when I click on it I get a screen: Title bar: File sharing Message: Your folder could not be shared. That's it. no more, no explanation why. No...