How do I add a shortcut to an Outlook Bar?

We have been using Public Calendars when people wanted to be able to look at
other users' calendars. We are now looking at a process where we share the
user's local calendar in Outlook. We can get to the calendar using
File/Open/Other User's FOlder... . However, what we need is a folder added
to the reviewer's Outlook Bar that will display the other person's calendar.

Can you point me to how o do this? I've been trying and reviewing MS docs
with niot much success.

TIA,

Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)

We use outlook team calendar.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3DC677CC-1423-436A-B6F8-333CA9DF36E2&displaylang=en

"Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> We have been using Public Calendars when people wanted to be able to look
at
> other users' calendars. We are now looking at a process where we share the
> user's local calendar in Outlook. We can get to the calendar using
> File/Open/Other User's FOlder... . However, what we need is a folder added
> to the reviewer's Outlook Bar that will display the other person's
calendar.

> Can you point me to how o do this? I've been trying and reviewing MS docs
> with niot much success.
>
> TIA,
>
> Hank Arnold

0
3Dim
6/1/2004 8:30:22 PM
Worth looking into. Thanks...

Hank

"3Dim" <driedim@3d-drawing.invalid> wrote in message
> We use outlook team calendar.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3DC677CC-1423-436A-B6F8-333CA9DF36E2&displaylang=en

> "Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> > We have been using Public Calendars when people wanted to be able to
look
> at
> > other users' calendars. We are now looking at a process where we share
the
> > user's local calendar in Outlook. We can get to the calendar using
> > File/Open/Other User's FOlder... . However, what we need is a folder
added
> > to the reviewer's Outlook Bar that will display the other person's
> calendar.
> >
> > Can you point me to how o do this? I've been trying and reviewing MS
docs
> > with niot much success.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)
6/1/2004 9:07:07 PM
This works in outlook 2000.  Open folder view and shortcut bar in the same
window.  Drag the calander from the folder view into the shortcut bar.  This
should make a shortcut for you.  You can close the folder view when you are
done creating the shortcut.

Scott

"Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> We have been using Public Calendars when people wanted to be able to look
at
> other users' calendars. We are now looking at a process where we share the
> user's local calendar in Outlook. We can get to the calendar using
> File/Open/Other User's FOlder... . However, what we need is a folder added
> to the reviewer's Outlook Bar that will display the other person's
calendar.

> Can you point me to how o do this? I've been trying and reviewing MS docs
> with niot much success.
>
> TIA,
>
> Hank Arnold

0
scott9244 (2)
6/2/2004 8:47:44 AM
I came across this, but it seems to me that if I do that, the reviewer will
have access to all of the target user's mail. We are talking about senior
management (including HR) here, so there is no way I can grant even read
access to the inboxes. Is there a way to restrict access to the calendar?

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"techie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Assuming the reviewer has full permissions to the other users' calendar,
you would first close out of outlook on the reviewer's PC > go to the
reveiwer's control panel > mail > go to properties of exchange server >
advanced tab > add button > type in the name of the 'other user's calendar
who is to be shared > click ok twice to close all dialog boxes.   Reopen
Outlook > view the Folder List (it will now show the other user's name,
click on the plus sign to expand and you will see their calendar).  Right
click the calendar of that 'other user' and left click to select Add to
Outlook Bar.

0
rasilon1 (689)
6/2/2004 9:19:36 AM
Looks like this requires OWA installed. Apparently it was never installed
(no real need for it in our environment). It will be a while before I can
get a production server updated just for this requirement.

Any other suggestions?

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"3Dim" <driedim@3d-drawing.invalid> wrote in message
> We use outlook team calendar.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3DC677CC-1423-436A-B6F8-333CA9DF36E2&displaylang=en

> "Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> > We have been using Public Calendars when people wanted to be able to
look
> at
> > other users' calendars. We are now looking at a process where we share
the
> > user's local calendar in Outlook. We can get to the calendar using
> > File/Open/Other User's FOlder... . However, what we need is a folder
added
> > to the reviewer's Outlook Bar that will display the other person's
> calendar.
> >
> > Can you point me to how o do this? I've been trying and reviewing MS
docs
> > with niot much success.
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Hank Arnold

0
rasilon1 (689)
6/3/2004 9:50:18 AM
I know that, but from what I can see, it sill require that I give the
person/reviewer rights to the entire mailbox of the person's calendar. If I
don't, the mailbox gets added to the folder list, but won't expand...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"scott" <scott@nospam.denalinet.net> wrote in message
> This works in outlook 2000.  Open folder view and shortcut bar in the same
> window.  Drag the calander from the folder view into the shortcut bar.
This
> should make a shortcut for you.  You can close the folder view when you
are
> done creating the shortcut.

0
rasilon1 (689)

Setting Up Multiple Users for Outlook 2003 with windows XP #2
Hi Kathleen - I originally installed office (Small Business Edition) over a year ago. I entered my name and accepted the EULA at that time. Outlook has run just fine since then for my original account with supervisor rights. I created the new XP user account a few days ago, and would like to be able to get Outlook running with this account using a separate .pst file and email account. When I try to run Outlook when I am logged in to the new account, I am not given the opportunity to enter anything. The Windows Installer box runs for a few seconds and then closes, and the second box opens wit...

Outlook 2000 and Keyboard Lockup
Keyboard locks up shortly after opening Outlook. If I don't open Outlook, can run for days with no problem, but within an hour (sometimes minutes) after opening Outlook, the keyboard locks up. More about lockup: mouse works OK and L-click/R-click buttons OK, but all keystrokes from keyboard appear to be ignored -- even NUM Lock or CAPS Lock (indicator lights should toggle when operate these keys, but they do not). Keyboard is locked for all programs (can't even do ALT-CTL-DEL). Only action after lockup is to re-boot. Thought it was a virus, but have been virus-free now f...

Service / Repair Tracking Add-on
Does anyone have a service/repair tracking add-on for Microsoft RMS system. Yes, I have a SQL server based Service and Repair system that is bridged to RMS and uses the RMS inventory. This allow a repair shop to sell parts through the work order system in the shop management system and also sell the same part using the POS in RMS. Contact me for more information. Steven Cohen Cohen Consulting scohen@sc.rr.com "Danny" wrote: > Does anyone have a service/repair tracking add-on for Microsoft RMS system. > > > . > I believe DRS has this. Craig...

Archiving Errors in Outlook 2000
Hello there: I am having trouble autoarchiving a users mailbox. I get the same error if I try and archive the sent items or the inbox. I also get this error when trying to export to a .pst file. Error trying to archive inbox. The items either have been moved or deleted. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It is outlook 2000 on a Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Rebecca ...

Outlook Always Opens Word Attachments In Read Layout.
Please excuse the cross posting since I don't really know whether Outlook is the cause or Microsoft word. Current configuration: Microsoft Outlook 2003 11.6359.6400 SP1 Microsoft Word 2003 11.6502.6408 SP1 Windows XP Professional SP2. To my knowledge, all updates are installed with no known problems. Username has computer administrator level access. No known security software or add-ins installed. Outlook always opens Microsoft Word attachments in the reading layout. If I close Outlook, close and exit any instance of Microsoft Word and then uncheck "Allow Starting in Reading La...

outlook 2k and winxp
anybody know of any issues with running outlook 2k on winxp? i've got a system that gets system errors and shuts down outlook about every 10th email. any ideas? I've got: Win XP Pro & Office 2K Win XP Pro & Office XP Win 2K & Office 2K. All three were rock solid until 2 weeks ago. I moved XP Pro/Office 2K from a cramped 8 Gig drive to a roomy 30 Gig; now Outlook "can't find or open attachments" that originate on that box. No problem with inbounds or forwarding. "jimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

How do I add a comment onto a specific task in Project?
I need to be able to add a specific comment onto a task so it show just like it does in Excel. Notes in the task information box is not good enough. Check out the text box options in the Drawing toolbar. That will add a comment to the Gantt Chart. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I need to be able to add a specific comment onto a task so it show > just like it does in Excel. Notes in the task information box is not > good enough. > Let me add to Andrews post-- When you are done creating the Text Box on the Gantt chart, ri...

Outlook 2000 stuck on the taskbar
When I try to maximize or bring up to the focus by clicking on it on the taskbar, it doesn't come up unless I click on it repeatedly a bunch of times. Anyone?? ...

Outlook XP
One of our users has asked whether its possible to choose whether an email is saved to the 'Sent Items' folder or not by way of a dialogue box after they've sent the email. Outlook XP options only seem to give the option to either save all messages to 'Sent Items' or none. The feature is available in Pegasus mail. Is there any way in Outlook XP (perhaps using VBA?) Many thanks in advance Steve Rich It may not be as easy as the dialog box idea, but you can go into Options on a new mail message and clear the checkbox for "Save sent message to: <foldername>&quo...

Outlook #34
I have a number of outlook 2000 emails saved on disk,however can't open/save/copy them in outlook express 6. How can I resolve this? You'd need to have Outlook installed to read the Outlook data. OE can't read it on its own. If you have Outlook installed, you can export the data to Outlook Express so it can be read later without Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:013b01c395aa$71033380$a301280a@phx.gbl, LG wrote: &g...

Copy of Outlook 2002 appointment sent to Public Folder calendar gets to another calendar
My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He places the appointment into his own calendar, sets the time as 'out of office', adds 'IT Shared Calendar' as a required attendee, and then sends this appointment. The appointment appears in his own calendar and in the public folder; but it also appears in the calendar of his deputy.This is annoying for him, because it appears that the deputy manager is busy all day...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I have run into a problem where my rules associted with my second and third IMAP account will not work crroectly when receving incoming mail through those accounts. I have even tried applying the rules to all accounts and the messages are still not processed. I can however, do a RUN NOW and sometimes the rules will run but only for one message at a time. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks Travis ...

How to display ruler and its indentation (tab) marks in Outlook?
I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without having Word)? I would like to move some tab/indentation marks (not sure what those graphics are called)? "rlpmjp" <rlpmjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B6F332-9182-4196-A552-248BCB0D08FD@microsoft.com... > I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor > as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without > having Word)? ...

How do I add Cumulative values to Stacked Bar chart?
I have a stacked bar chart in which i want to show the value label of each section and show the cumlative value. So if there is section A,B,C and A= 1, B= 2, C = 3 I want each section to have those labels but i also want labels that say 1, 3, 6 for the cumulative values. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Hi, Use a helper column to build the required text for each data label. So if you data values are in B2:B4 then put the following in C2 and copy down. ="Value = " & B2 & CHAR(10) &"CumValue=" & SUM($B$2:B2) Then use either of these free addin t...

Outlook Error Notification
Hi, Would anyone know how to detect a email delivery failure programmatically? Thanks Yuen ...

Outlook 2000 SP3 #4
I'm running Outlook 2000 SP3. I have a 3rd party application sending out emails. Everytime an email is set to go out, I am prompted to send it or not. It is worried that it may be a virus. I did not have this problem with SP1. Is there a way to turn this feature off? Thanks. Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated following...

Migrating from GroupWise to Exchange/Outlook
Does anyone know if there is a way to migrate a users GroupWise archive e-mail messages? ...

Outlook 2003 Send/Recv fails
Hi, When I click "Send/Recv" button, it sometimes shows "An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." I have tried repair, reinstall, as well as remove + install, but couldn't solve the problem. Thanks, ...

Outlook 2002 & SBC Yahoo
Starting on 17 Sep 04, Outlook intermittingly does NOT send/receive emails from my SBC Yahoo account? I contacted SBC Yahoo help twice and they checked their side and setting on Outlook and found them to be OK? No setting have been changed. Does anyone have a clue??? >-----Original Message----- >Starting on 17 Sep 04, Outlook intermittingly does NOT >send/receive emails from my SBC Yahoo account? I >contacted SBC Yahoo help twice and they checked their >side and setting on Outlook and found them to be OK? No >setting have been changed. Does anyone have a clue??? >...

Outlook 2003 Mac & windows sync
I would like to either share or sync a calender between outlook on a mac and outlook on a PC? Has any one done this or has any ideas, Thanks Trev ...

Copy to Folder Equivalent in Outlook 2007 #2
In Outlook 2003 when I received a message with an attachment and I opened the attachment, I could select File, Copy to Folder from the menu to save the attached message to a folder as a message. In Outlook 2007 the Move to Folder command is not available while in the attachment. It is available from the original message, but I don't want to save both, just the attachment. Does any know how I can accomplish this in 2007 and why Move to Folder isn't available from the attachment? Thanks, Tanya ...

Outlook 2003 archive folder
My archive folder is currently 1.4Gb and I am concerned about it growing too near the 2Gb limit. 1) I did a quick experiment and know that you can you have more than one archive folder, but they are not differentiated in the folder tree within Outlook. Any way to do this? 2) When auto archiving it only saves to archive.pst, have I got that right? 3) Is there a way of (preferably automatically) transferring mail say more than two years old, out of archive.pst to archive2002.pst, for instance? Thanks for any help in this. Default psts created with 2003 do not have the 2GB limit. -Tom &...

Export Outlook Contacts to RTF Format
Is there a way or add-in to Outlook to be able to save your contacts as a RTF or other type of file format while keeping the same format as Outlook? If not is there any program or utilities that would export contacts in a nice format? Thanks´┐Ż derdude <derdude@dirk.com> wrote: > Is there a way or add-in to Outlook to be able to save your contacts > as a RTF or other type of file format while keeping the same format as > Outlook? > If not is there any program or utilities that would export contacts > in a nice format? Why do you wish to do this? The answer may lead t...

Cannot expand the folders. Outlook Hotmail Connector 64bit
64bit Outlook Hotmail Connector installed for 64bit Outlook 2010 cannot create a correct .ost file. I have tried removing the hotmail MAPI account and reinstalling it but nothing fixes this problem. "Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\Cassie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\rebel_puddy_tat_hotmail0.ost is not an Outlook data file (.ost)" Thanks in advance! "PicoMight" <PicoMight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF92B8E9-FB40-4CA3-9D9B-8B719A0EF8E5@microsoft.com... > 64bit Outlook Hot...

Remote Laptop Users cannot access Exchange using Outlook
Greetings, I have a plaguing situation that is occurring and I have run to the end of my options, I think? First I will lay out the situation and then the troubleshooting steps that have been taken. Situation: I have two users, both on High speed access lines, both using Office XP SP1, and working from Windows 2000 SP4. Server is Windows 2000 SP4 with Exchange 2000 Post-SP3 Security Rollup. SP4 was installed during the height of the Blaster Worm virus last week, as well as a myriad of patches including the RPC vulnerability. About a day after the patch and SP4 were installed, connectivit...