How can I host multiple domain with single EX2003?

Dear all, As titled...

Should I configure the server to bind another IP address to host another domain???

If yes, it's undoubtable to waste IP address....

Please help, thanks....

0
Keith

You mean multiple SMTP domains?  If so, check out this article, which
applies to E2k3 as well:

Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"Keith Ko" <Unavailable@127.in-addr.arpa> wrote in message
> Dear all, As titled...
>
> Should I configure the server to bind another IP address to host another
domain???

> If yes, it's undoubtable to waste IP address....
>
> Please help, thanks....

0
neil.hobson (1158)
1/30/2004 11:05:10 AM
You'll need to create another recipient policy to give the users a 456.com
address.  Then follow this:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/owa_and_multipl.html

--

@123.com mailboxes rather than give you totaly separate mailboxes for the
@456.com domain????

> I want to be able to have @456.com users log on to their @456.com mailbox
in OWA and send and recieve using that address. I don't want them to be
having to have an account on the @123.com domain as well.

> Is this possible?
>
> Gareth Winn
>
>      ----- Neil Hobson [MVP] wrote: -----
>
>      You mean multiple SMTP domains?  If so, check out this article, which
>      applies to E2k3 as well:
>
>      http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html
>

>      --
>      Neil Hobson
>      Exchange MVP
>
>      For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
>      http://www.msexchange.co.uk
>
>      "Keith Ko" <Unavailable@127.in-addr.arpa> wrote in message
>      > Dear all, As titled...
>      >> Should I configure the server to bind another IP address to host
another
>      domain???
>      >> If yes, it's undoubtable to waste IP address....
>      >> Please help, thanks....
>      >>

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/13/2004 8:21:32 AM
I have tried creating a recipient policy and also a new private store for the 2nd domain. When I create a new user in AD it still gives me the first domain as the email address not the second.

Setup is as follows

domain 1 = nextgenit.co.uk (AD Domain
domain 2 = futurecruise.co.uk

Default recipient policy and storage group is for nextgenit.co.u

I have set up a recipient policy for @futurecruise.co.uk and also a global address list for each domain. I have created a new Public folder which is set to a Public store for  futurecruise.co.uk
I have also created a second private store for futurecruise.co.u

When I create a new user I get to the exchange mailbox creation screen and it asks me to select the store I want to use. I select the futurecruise.co.uk store, follow through, click finish. When I view the email address given to the user it is an @nextgenit.co.uk email address not an @futurecruise.co.uk address.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong??

Gareth Winn
0
anonymous (74722)
2/13/2004 2:31:09 PM
"Gareth Winn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have tried creating a recipient policy and also a new private store for the 2nd domain. When I create a new user in AD it still gives me the first domain as the email address not the second.
>
>Setup is as follows:
>
>domain 1 = nextgenit.co.uk (AD Domain)
>domain 2 = futurecruise.co.uk
>
>Default recipient policy and storage group is for nextgenit.co.uk
>
>I have set up a recipient policy for @futurecruise.co.uk and also a global address list for each domain. I have created a new Public folder which is set to a Public store for  futurecruise.co.uk
>I have also created a second private store for futurecruise.co.uk
>
>When I create a new user I get to the exchange mailbox creation screen and it asks me to select the store I want to use. I select the futurecruise.co.uk store, follow through, click finish. When I view the email address given to the user it is an @nextgenit.co.uk email address not an @futurecruise.co.uk address.
>
>Is there anything I'm doing wrong???

How does the recipient policy know to which object it should be
applied? The objects must have some distinguishing property value, and
the property must be common to all the object that should be affected
by the policy.

E.g. the users in companyA are to be assigned SMTP addresses in the
nextgenit.co.uk somain, and users in companyB are to rceive addresses
in the futurecruise.co.uk domain. In this case, the common property
might be "Company" and the two recipient policies would test for
CompanyA or CompanyB (as appropriate).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

How can I change default setting in Office start-up?
I need to change the default setting on my Word, Excel and PPT programs (MS Office 2004) so when they open they aren't at, for example, Word 11.3.0, rather at Word 11.2.3. I mac OSX, a G5. When I do a control click on any of those programs, go to "get info" and then choose the 11.2.3 that I want to open with, it does it no problem. When I click "change all" it doesn't change the default -- the 11.3.0 is always the default despite that I'm trying to change all. How do I fix this? BTW this whole problem started when someone at the genius bar deleted one of the...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

Can categories be backed up somehow?
I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that saved our custom categories list. TIA. StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that > saved our custom categories list. TIA. Start with this: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm -- Brian Tillman On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:27:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: >StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > >> I back up rules, etc., and...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

can I print selected cells only within a worksheet
I have designed a simple template using text only for a unique advice note. I want to be able to add variable information within this template but need only for the variable information to print onto a pre-printed advice note. I do not want to hide the template as I need to see exactly where to insert the variables but I do not want it to print. Anyone help? Thanks. Maybe you can use this ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "martin hanley" <martin hanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA062677-3...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

Creating one trendline for multiple series
Hi, I have a document withfour different series and these are all plotted onto one curve. I want a trendline that fits all four series of data onto one trendline. I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of data? Thanks > I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a > trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of > data? Unfortunately this is how it has to be done. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

How can I add a CDaoRecordview and/or CDaoRecordset class to a project in VC2003?
Hello group I have a problem. I don't know how add CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class to a project in VC2003. In VC 6 I know,but with VC2003 I do: 1. Click Project. 2. Add Class 3. Click Category/MFC -> MFC class 4. I don't see the CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class in base class list. Please anybody, help me!!! Thank's in advance ...

can receive but not send 02-26-10
Help please... I can receive but not send messages from my windows mail accounts (2) Message appears as below.... The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'steveburgess12@bigpond'. Subject '',...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

W32.Netsky.P@mm!enc can't get rid of errors
Can some one help. I have exchange 2003 with GFI mail essentials and security running and Norton corporate 10.0. I keep getting warnings of netsky being found in the mail queue and in the GFI security directories and norton sucessfully Quarantines the file. I have been getting these for a few weeks or so. Everytime I run a fix tool or full system scan it finds nothing. I suspect either someone internally has netsky worm I cannot find or someone outside has with the worm has some of my internal email addys. My question is how do I track this down. I am a bit of an exchange newbie so any i...

_T macro across multiple lines!
Hi, We have the _T() macro which is supposed to be used for ansi/unicode compilations with string literals. But how do you use it with strings that span multiple lines? Ok: CString str = _T("a short string"); No ok: CString str = _T("A long string I might " "want to break up over a " "few lines"); Thanks "markww" <markww@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155693172.252663.158120@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > We have the _T() macro which is sup...

Can I use MS Groove with my Macbook?
I have students using Groove for their graduate team work and the Mac users are struggling to stay up in my classes. Any advide about the Mac interface with Groove 2007 issues? You will get better results by posting to the groove newsgroup directly On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Grooving Professor" <Grooving Profe...

Profile can not be removed.
There is a profile in my outolook whicj I wanto to removed and I can not do it. I reistall outlook 2003 and the problem presist. can somebody help me out? Jorge How are you trying to remove the profile? "Jorge" <jorgezalles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fa7401c43e5f$5c2f3770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > There is a profile in my outolook whicj I wanto to > removed and I can not do it. I reistall outlook 2003 and > the problem presist. can somebody help me out? > > Jorge you can remove the profile by deleting all the outlook's files and at the registry...

I can't see the folder(Folder Container) in exchange server manage
I have four administrative groups (four sites), these sites are in different places, all of them are over Echange server Standard 2000. These server were migrated of exchange server 5.5. My problem is that i can't see the folder container in the console manager, in that way i can't access to the others options (view system folder) I install another Exchange server in order to prove this problem, but in this case the folder container were displayed. I hope your help. Thanks. ...

How can i create a 2-D stacked column within a 4 series stock char
I am trying to create an excel chart that combines the features of a 100% 2-D stacked column (for comparison of 2 variables) and the 4 series stock chart. I would desire to have my ideal chart being a 5-series stock chart with the data variables arranged as 'Volume1-Volume2 (stacked up as in 2-D column)-High-Low-Close'. This is slightly different from the current 5-series stock chart available in the excel spreadsheet. Can anybody help please? Thank you. Sincerely, Samuel See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html http://peltiertech.com/Utility/ClusterStackU...

can you have sub parts relating to a line
when scanning drawing on to a worksheet, sometimes there are 10 or so drawings under the same no, is there any way you can only see the first one and then in some way see the hidden ones if they can be attached I would suggest re-wording this with some more explanation of what you are doing, how and what results are you getting that you don't want. How do you get 10 drawings from one scan? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 05:47:01 -0800, JJINTY <JJINTY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when scanning drawing on to a worksheet, sometimes there ar...

1st I read mail from my Inbox, then I can jot a note & a rule file
This is a suggestion, this feature may already exist in newer versions, I am using Office 2003. I like creating rules for Outlook e-mail so they go into folders but I tend not to read many of the ones for which I have created rules, they just go into the folders and then get old before I get around to reading them. What I'd like better is have all the emails initially come into my Inbox, read them from there, and then I can be given an option for Outlook to file the e-mail in an e-mail folder using a previously created or newly created rule. It should also give me an option t...

Find records
I have a ProdPlan table that contains – amongst other – 8 text fields (Process1 – Process8) and 8 Check box fields (Logic1 – Logic8) to track jobs in production. I have created a Report (based on a Query) that hides the process(es) when the relevant check box(es) is checked (i.e. completed processes are hidden – but the job number/title still show). Jobs may use various numbers of processes (i.e. some text field may be blank). QUESTION: I only want the jobs (i.e. records) to show on the Report if a relevant process that has been captured has not yet been checked – indicating work...