How can I bybass sending to the Junk E-mail folder using IMF.

We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the
Junk E-mail folder.  Is there a way to do this?
Also, what's the most popular scl settings?  We're using 8 for the gateway
setting and  and 7 for the junk e-mail setting.
--
tigerfanlsu
0

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "kk"
<kk@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write:

>We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the
>Junk E-mail folder.  Is there a way to do this?
>Also, what's the most popular scl settings?  We're using 8 for the gateway
>setting and  and 7 for the junk e-mail setting.

Isn't the junk e-mail setting designed to move items to the junk mail
folder? if you set that to something higher than 8 would that achieve
the desired effect?

--
Chris Scharff
Messaging Services Architect

Don't find fault, find a remedy. - Henry Ford
Yes that setting is designed to move those suspect items that have an scl
above 7 and below 8.  It would be nice if there was a check box to turn that
on or off.
I don't know if I set that setting to 8 if it will bypass the junk email
folder.  That's what I would like to know.  I may try this to see what
happens though.
thanks
does anyone know if having the gateway and junk e-mail setting the same will
bypass the junk email folder and put the message in the users inbox????

--
tigerfanlsu

"Chris Scharff [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "kk"
> <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write:
>
> >We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the
> >Junk E-mail folder.  Is there a way to do this?
> >Also, what's the most popular scl settings?  We're using 8 for the gateway
> >setting and  and 7 for the junk e-mail setting.
>
> Isn't the junk e-mail setting designed to move items to the junk mail
> folder? if you set that to something higher than 8 would that achieve
> the desired effect?
>
> --
> Chris Scharff
> Messaging Services Architect
> MessageOne
>
> Don't find fault, find a remedy. - Henry Ford

0
KK (50)
7/18/2005 6:28:02 PM
The "Junk E-mail" setting is the "suspect" setting.  The value of 7
represents a certain probability (I don't know exactly what range of
probabilities actually is) that the message is spam.  You could examine this
more by setting your gateway setting to Archive, then examining the headers
of each message in the IMF archive.

There is a really good IMF archive viewer available for free if you are
interested:
http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2004/09/intelligent-message-filter-archive.html

HTH,
Jim McBee
Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not
> the
> Junk E-mail folder.  Is there a way to do this?
> Also, what's the most popular scl settings?  We're using 8 for the gateway
> setting and  and 7 for the junk e-mail setting.
> --
> tigerfanlsu

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
7/18/2005 6:31:08 PM
I'm aware of this.
How can I bypass the Junk E-Mail folder and have it send the mail to the
users inbox?
thanks
--
tigerfanlsu

"Jim McBee (MVP)" wrote:

> The "Junk E-mail" setting is the "suspect" setting.  The value of 7
> represents a certain probability (I don't know exactly what range of
> probabilities actually is) that the message is spam.  You could examine this
> more by setting your gateway setting to Archive, then examining the headers
> of each message in the IMF archive.
>
> There is a really good IMF archive viewer available for free if you are
> interested:
> http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2004/09/intelligent-message-filter-archive.html
>
> HTH,
> Jim McBee
> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>

> "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not
> > the
> > Junk E-mail folder.  Is there a way to do this?
> > Also, what's the most popular scl settings?  We're using 8 for the gateway
> > setting and  and 7 for the junk e-mail setting.
> > --
> > tigerfanlsu

0
KK (50)
7/18/2005 7:11:12 PM
The user can login to OWA and turn off junk mail filtering.

-GT
> I'm aware of this.
> How can I bypass the Junk E-Mail folder and have it send the mail to the
> users inbox?
> thanks
> --
> tigerfanlsu
>

> "Jim McBee (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> The "Junk E-mail" setting is the "suspect" setting.  The value of 7
>> represents a certain probability (I don't know exactly what range of
>> probabilities actually is) that the message is spam.  You could examine
>> this
>> more by setting your gateway setting to Archive, then examining the
>> headers
>> of each message in the IMF archive.
>>
>> There is a really good IMF archive viewer available for free if you are
>> interested:
>> http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2004/09/intelligent-message-filter-archive.html
>>
>> HTH,
>> Jim McBee
>> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>>

>> "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and
>> > not
>> > the
>> > Junk E-mail folder.  Is there a way to do this?
>> > Also, what's the most popular scl settings?  We're using 8 for the
>> > gateway
>> > setting and  and 7 for the junk e-mail setting.
>> > --
>> > tigerfanlsu

0
GT
7/19/2005 1:48:46 AM
we have several thousand users and this is not an option.
1.  Using IMF how can I bypass the junk e-mail folder?
2.  If the scl rating for the gateway and junk e-mail are the same will the
email skip the junk e-mail folder and go to the users inbox?
3.  It would be nice if there was a check box to deselect the junk e-mail
folder option in the imf properties.  Is there some reg hack that will work?
thanks

--
tigerfanlsu

"GT" wrote:

> The user can login to OWA and turn off junk mail filtering.
>
> -GT
> "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm aware of this.
> > How can I bypass the Junk E-Mail folder and have it send the mail to the
> > users inbox?
> > thanks
> > --
> > tigerfanlsu
> >

> > "Jim McBee (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> The "Junk E-mail" setting is the "suspect" setting.  The value of 7
> >> represents a certain probability (I don't know exactly what range of
> >> probabilities actually is) that the message is spam.  You could examine
> >> this
> >> more by setting your gateway setting to Archive, then examining the
> >> headers
> >> of each message in the IMF archive.
> >>
> >> There is a really good IMF archive viewer available for free if you are
> >> interested:
> >> http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2004/09/intelligent-message-filter-archive.html
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> Jim McBee
> >> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> >>

> >> "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
KK (50)

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Using Relative path for XML data file?

using the journal on outlook

OE autodelete OLD mail

outlook 2007 e-mail

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...