Hosting several internet domain names on one Exchange 2003 Server

Hi,

I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use Exchange
and ISA 2003.

Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use
email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com

We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3
and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as
well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send
mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our
company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately.

The DNS registrations at our ISP is setup like this: All domains points
against the same IP - ie. our mailserver (MX records).

Anyone have a best practice solution for this?

0
newsuser1 (2)

> company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately.

Add the additional domains to your Recipient Policy.

--
David L. West
http://www.deskoptional.com

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Per Schjetne" <newsuser1@gdconsult.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use
> Exchange and ISA 2003.
>
> Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use
> email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com
>
> We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3
> and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as
> well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send
> mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our
> company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately.
>
> The DNS registrations at our ISP is setup like this: All domains points
> against the same IP - ie. our mailserver (MX records).
>
> Anyone have a best practice solution for this?

0
Ben
11/7/2005 2:51:40 PM
you might be intrestead in reading this also
Shared Hosting with Exchange 2003

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Shared_Hosting_Exchange_2003_Part1.html

--
Nawar Aljanabi
MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA

"Per Schjetne" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use Exchange
> and ISA 2003.
>
> Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use
> email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com
>
> We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3
> and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as
> well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send
> mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our
> company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately.
>
> The DNS registrations at our ISP is setup like this: All domains points
> against the same IP - ie. our mailserver (MX records).
>
> Anyone have a best practice solution for this?

0
Nawar75 (62)
11/7/2005 11:25:02 PM
Thanks, that solved my problem!

"Per Schjetne" <newsuser1@gdconsult.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use
> Exchange and ISA 2003.
>
> Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use
> email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com
>
> We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3
> and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as
> well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send
> mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our
> company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately.
>
> The DNS registrations at our ISP is setup like this: All domains points
> against the same IP - ie. our mailserver (MX records).
>
> Anyone have a best practice solution for this?

0
newsuser1 (2)

Need some advanced help on this one!
Hi guys, I found a sample Access program that takes data from its database to generate an EDI EDIFACT ORDERS file (OrdersS93a.edi). Here is the code: Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim oEdiDoc As Fredi.ediDocument Dim oSchema As Fredi.ediSchema Dim oInterchange As Fredi.ediInterchange Dim oGroup As Fredi.ediGroup Dim oTransactionset As Fredi.ediTransactionSet Dim oSegment As Fredi.ediDataSegment Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection Dim oRsInterchange As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsGroup As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsTransactionSet As ADODB.Reco...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Filters not working in Exchange 2003