host unreachable on some domains

My exchange 5.5 (sp4) server on NT4.0 (sp6) was receiving and sending
mails. Without change anything on it, the server failed to send mails
to two domains (...so far).

Inbound mail from internet works fine. Local recipient send and
receive are fine. All emails to other domains has no problem.

I've done NSlook up test to those queuing mail destinations, no
problem. My server is not blacklisted.  Port 25 is not using by other
applications. Sendinhg email out by command line works.

In the queue, Messages awaiting to be delivered, detail of the mail
says, "Host unreachable".

All advises much appreciated.
0
kokogz (1)

Photos of Domain users displayed in GAL?
Does anyone know of a way of adding photo's of users within the GAL ? Our management team would like the ability of displaying photo's of individual users within the company together with usual standard GAL information/fields, ie Department, Office etc. That way are users can can have the ability to select a user from the GAL from within Oulook and be able to see the users' picture along side their contact details, office, department etc. thanx in advance Susie On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:43:01 -0700, Susie <Susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Does anyon...

Logon to OWA without domain name
Is there a way to setup my OWA so that I can type just the username, instead of domain\username? "Tim Kowal" <tim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:gz2Dc.2397$pT3.482@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com... > Is there a way to setup my OWA so that I can type just the username, instead > of domain\username? You need to set the Default Authentication Domain (click the button next to 'Basic Authentication') for the 'Exchange' Virtual Directory in IIS Manager. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP: www.leederby...

3.0 and cross domain trust
Anyone know... does 3.0 support cross domain trusts? I know the old version did not... thanks. Yes it does - read the implementation guide ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "AW" <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A9DC069-8E5D-4B6F-A19E-C3919755FCF8@microsoft.com... > Anyone know... does 3.0 support cross domain trusts? I know the old > version > did not... thanks. ...

How can I change the domain on multiple contacts?
Is there a way to go through a contacts list and change all of a particular domain name to be another domain name? A client of mine's domain name is changing and they need to change all of their contacts. The only problem is there are about 100 contacts in each person's contacts list that reference the old domain name. Help Export to Excel, use Find and Replace, then import back to Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furi...

Tagging and routing mail destined for specific domains
Due to a change in NDA's I need to be able to tag, and copy mail that is being routed to and from specific domains. I am using exchange 2003 std (sp2) on 2003 server. As an example if a user were to send an email to microsoft.com I need to add a legal disclosure footer and keep a copy of that email locally. The same would be needed on inbound mail from microsoft.com to be copied to an additional location internally. Is this something that exchange can handle or do I need to route this through a second system to get this kind of tracking, etc..? On 7 Dec 2006 15:10:57 -0800, natedizzy@...

Cannot start outlook 2003 on a domain (intranet)
I am an administrator on an intranet. I use Windows Server 2003 to create and manage incoming new user; also Exchange 2003 as the email server. Whenever I create a new user account for windows client logon and email account, the new user will receive a message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook". To solve this problem I have only 2 options: 1. Set the new user account as Domain Administrator in Windows Server 2003 2. Set the new user account as an Administrator in the client computer Although the problem is solved, it creates a very big security issue in the network: 1. There...

Exchange 2003 Multiple domains issue
Running Exchange 2003 for two domains. Wondering what the "best practice" solution would be for the scenario below: 1. User wants two email addresses, one per domain. For example, abc@domain1.com and abc@domain2.com. 2. User wants both email accounts to load in one Outlook profile (so user doesn't have to switch between profiles). Fine. Create user abc@domain2.com, associate as secondary to abc@domain1.com, then load the mailbox in the main profile. So far so good. :) 3. User opens profile, see second mailbox...great! 4. Mail sent to abc@domain1.com continues to go t...

How do you change the Default Accepted Domain?
The default accepted domain is the name of my root domain. I want to remove this and just have the accepted domain I created to be the only one. How do I do this? I have tried to delete it but is says you can't the default accepted domain. Thanks! This is Exchange 2007 "D303M" wrote: > The default accepted domain is the name of my root domain. I want to remove > this and just have the accepted domain I created to be the only one. How do I > do this? I have tried to delete it but is says you can't the default accepted > domain. > > Thanks! The def...

Creating mailboxes for users in a child domain
I am attempting to provide the ability for administrators in a child domain to create Exchange mailboxes on an Exchange server in the parent domain for users of the child domain. I have installed the Exchange Management Tools on the DC of the child domain, and delegated Exchange Administrator privileges to the administrator of the child domain. When creating the accounts the process to create the mailbox completes successfully on that DC (as does adding a mailbox to an existing user account with the exchange tasks option) however, I never see the mailbox on the server, and when creating an O...

Issue with Windows 2008 Joining Windows 2003 Domain
Greetings, I have an Active Directory domain with two Windows Server 2003 32-bit machines as the domain contrallers (DC's). Right now, I'd like to order a new Windows Server 2008 64-bit machine to join to this domain as a third DC. Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with Win2003 and Win2008? Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with 32-bit and 64-bit? Do I need to do some preparation for the mixed environment? Any info would be appreciated, Ross Howdie! Ross schrieb: > Is there any known issue with domain controll...

Offline Domain Join
Is there any time limitation before which a offline domain joined computer should be on the production network?? like 30 days?? If there is such a time limitation, will the smae blob file be still applicable during the offline domain join client side operation. There is no time limitation. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009 http://www.pbbergs.com Please no e-mails, any questions...

Exchange breaks connetion with Domain Controller
For the last 3 weeks my exchange server keeps dropping the connection with my domain controllers. The following are some of the errors in the event log. Process MAD.EXE (PID=880). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: dc-02.sapc.edu dc-01.sapc.edu ---------------------------------------------------------------- This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain SAPC due to the following: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this c...

Automatic Email Domain detection fo contacts on Client Cards
With integration of Email and Calendars into CRM, there should be the functionality that detects the domain that an email has come from and automatically logs that email under the account which holds that domain name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

RPC over HTTP in domain vs. not in a domain
I have noticed an interesting peculiarity in Outlook 2003 using RPC over HTTP. I have Outlook 2003 on two different computers. One computer is in a office and is in a domain (not the same domain as the Exchange server), the other computer is in a home and is not in a domain. Both are running XP Pro and have same service packs and Q331320. Both are set to connect to the same remote Exchange 2003 server (2K3 SBS) using RPC over HTTP. Here's the big difference, the Outlook 2003 on the computer in a domain (again, a different domain than the remote Exchange server) has the ability to see the ...

2 domains on sbs 2003
hello, when i send a email TO the sbs2003 it doesn't go ok. (internal it works ok). domainA gets the email by pop3 catch all and domainB direct to sbs. a user on the sbs has 2 mailadresses user@domainA.nl and user@domainB.nl i send a mail to user@domainA.nl it arrives and sbs log i see: original user@domainA.nl forwarded to domainsubstitute to user@domainB.nl Why?? BUT when someone has no domainB.nl only domainA.nl than the mail does't arrive. in the exchange recipient policy the are both domainA and B. i hope i made myself clear. can anybody help me out? regards, Mar...

Creating a rule based on domain
Firstly, I am running Office 2007. I would like to be able to create a rule that would take every incoming email from "everyone@domain.com", and move them to a seperate folder. So if anyone at this domain sends an e-mail to me, it will go to this folder. I tried creating a rule just using "@domain.com" and "domain.com", of course it gave me an error, but it left the rule. It works when i manually run it, but not the automated part when an new e-mail comes in. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this? Thanks! Scott Christopher <schristopher@struthers-...

CRM SBE Migration to New Domain and Hardware
Hi Folks, This issue has been talked about in a number of threads but our scenario has not been addressed directly. We are presently running CRM 3.0 SBE on a SBS 2003 Premium installation running SQL 2000. Because of a number of issues not related to the CRM implementation, we have decided to create a new clean domain on new hardware (not migrating AD) and will be installing SBS2003R2 with SQL 2005. We want to migrate all of our CRM data and customizations to the new domain/database/installation. Does anyone know how we can best complete the migration and what steps from a high lev...

Problem with Outlook/OWA in child/parent domain environment
Hi, we have parent domain for our main company and four child domains for our country companies, that are located to different countries. Those country offices are connected to main company via static VPN tunnels. We have our exchange2003 server in parent domain. Now I=B4ve faced one strange problem: User account is in child domain. User has Outlook mail profile. When user accesses any mailbox via OWA that=B4s located to parent domain, he has to enter username to webmail logon prompt as PARENTDOMAIN\username. After that, when he opens outlook, outlook asks for user credentials and he must e...

Getting 'read' access to all domain mailboxes?
Is it possible setup one user to have full read access to all our domain mailboxes? I have read about delegate access but I just want to assign one users (our personnel manager) to have read access to all mailboxes Again, I only want this one person to have 'read only' access to all the other mailboxes so she can read their mail etc Many thanks in advance - ras - ...

Limit OWA users to one domain?
I have an 2003 OWA server, and users from other exchange sites are using it to access their mail, which I would like to restrict. Is there any way to limit who can access the machine? I set a specific login domain and also forced the webmail login page to append this domain name before the username that is typed in, but if the user logs in with their email address from the other domains (there are multiple sites, each with their own domainname), the system allows them to login. Is there a way to restrict t his? The easiest way to deny access to OWA is by denying them access to the...

Exchange Running on Domain Controller
Cannot move mailboxes between stores from a server acting as DC or GC with Exchange installed. Standalone server in domain, running EXCH, with administrator rights on server, all moves can be done, even select that ADM Group where the Integrated server (exch and DC) reside and can perform moves. Logon locally on the Integrated server, does'nt work. read some docs, find that you have to be local admin of server or wrokstation where GUI is installed and run. With the move of mailboxes, it creates a dynamic MAPI profile. Where? Reason, if providing rights to that folder where the MAPI profile...

Problem after Changing the Domain Admin password
After changing the password for the domain admin users cannot log into outlook but can open WEBMAIL. If i change the admin password back and restart the the Exhange services everyone can once again log into their outlook. It is Exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server. The exchange services are set to use the local system account. Any suggestions. ...

Cannot send mail to "some" domains
We recently performed an Exchange migration from 2000 to 2003 on new hardware. We can send internal email with no issues. I have not been told of anyone not receiving inbound emails at this time. But I have had 2 or 3 people say that they can no longer send emails to particular domains. I have seen two different types of Error Messages returned to the users inbox. I have tried sending from different accounts logged in on Outlook or OWA and I get an immediate Undeliverable message in my inbox. I can however send to the addresses from my personal email account outside. When I go in...

Cannot receive from certain domains Exchange 2000
I have an exchange 2000 server that is experiencing some strange issues. Recently we have begun to see a loss in email from certain domains. Most messages from those domains never make it to us, though maybe 1 out of 100 will make it in to us. When one of these domains admins (most are our clients) try to connect via telnet they get a blank connect screen OR get immediately booted. Netmon of these sessions show garbage where there should be the HELO info. SMTPSVC1 logs show these connections as a QUIT. Pnigs and tracerts from these domains work just fine. My MX records are being dete...

2 Email Domains On One Server
Dear Friends i have some confusion about the email settings kindly guide me ill be thanksful to you 1. i have a exchange server name mail.mycompany.com and same mx record entry on my dns for internet mail relay mail.mycompany.com if my local dns name is different then internet dns then its create some problems ? 2. i have two email domains registered mycompany.com & my-company.com now i made MX record and A record on one IP for both domains mail.mycompany.com & mail.my-company.com is it possible on one exchange server i run both domains which settings are required if i want to ...