host unreachable #2

hi,

if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i
don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong
until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi
queue

im using E5,5 sp4

thks
0
anonymous (74722)

Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail?

Rick wrote:

> hi,
>
> if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i
> don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong
> until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi
> queue
>
> im using E5,5 sp4
>
> thks

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Mail won't send #2
I have had no problem with this for a year of using Outlook 2002 then for no reason I can fathom, my mail will not send, it stays in the Outbox and I eventually get an error 'reported error (0x8004210B):The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMPT)server etc, etc' I have both service packs installed (this problem in MS Knowledge Base) and I can delete the e-mail from the Outbox. I can also send mail using Outlook Express and can send mail from a second networked computer using Outlook 2002 and Internet Connection Sharing, so it can't be at the ISP's en...

outlook distribution lists #2
if i set up and name a distribution list, will each member of the group know who everyone else is? Well "knowing" is quite a lot but they do see eachothers address if you use the To or CC field. Better is to use the BCC field. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscore...

Custom forms #2
I have created a form in outlook so I have a PO Book that I record purchases (I use a Journal folder). I would like to create a drop down list on this form as a quick way to choose a vendor without having to type it in everytime. I have added the "Combo Box" field. then I go to it's properties, and I'm not sure what to give it, and how do I add the list of vendors? On the Value tab, you need to pick (or create) the Outlook data property that you want to use the store the information. After you do that, you'll be able to enter the vendors as a semi-colon delimited li...

Getting big amounts of mail between 2 users
Hi all I have a user on the network who receives all the applications for the vacancies advertised. The financial manager now wants to view the applications for her comment. the person responsible for the vacancies but it in different folders under her inbox e.g Secretary applications go to a secreatary folder, etc Question: How do i make the applications available to the Financial Manager who wants to browse through it. I was thinking of creating a additional mailbox e.g username.applications and add it to both users profile so that the first user can just drag the mails in there and...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 on server 2003 sp1 and im getting relaying errors from external domains. I can send to internal and external users ok, but if someone from an external domain (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc) try to send me a message i get this error: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com I checked my mx record and everything seems to be ok. ive been reading up on relaying, and from what i understand, i shouldnt have to enable relaying unless i want an external user in domain1 to send mail through my e...

SSL for OWA #2
We use a front End/ Back End configuration. If we want to use SSL: I need to enable it on all servers? or just the front end? Just the Front-end. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "FD" <Anon@> wrote in message news:%233zo50EaFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We use a front End/ Back End configuration. If we want to use SSL: I need > to enable it on all servers? or just the front end? > Hi, You need to enable it on the front end only... If you want to secure traffic between FE et BE servers, you have to use IPSec. Stefan "FD" <Anon...

Outlook 2007 Calendar #2
Hi guys, my outlook 2007 runs fine, until I open the calendar. Once I do Outlook freezes! My set-up: - WinXP Prof SP2 - Outlook 2007 (now with the SP 1 MSO) - Mail with IMAP - Calendar in local pst - My Outlook today works fine (including the calendar) - I am syncing through iTunes with my iPhone - still works fine - editing and creating new appointments works fine, too! - reminders for appointment works. ONLY opening the calendar view leads to a freeze! Steps I did to resolve (at least trying): - Office Diagnose - all fine - Outlook Repair - scanpst - no errors in the applicable pst. H...

CRM 1.2 Manual
Hi I am planning to take the MS-CRM1.2 customisation and Professional Exam, Could anyone let me know as to where I could find the MS-CRM 1.2 Manual and other course work. Regards Neena Look on http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/MSCRM/Highlights/mscrmtraining_ecom.mspx For training information. There is also product documentation on the CD that shipped with Microsoft CRM 1.2. In addition, here is a list of documentation for Microsoft CRM 1.2 and its related products: • Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Implementation Guide The Implementation Guide provides the information requ...

Re: Can Outlook Be Uninstalled -- With All Its Baggage? #2
Can Outlook 2003 Be Uninstalled -- With All Its Baggage and Updates? Many don't need it now they have WLM, with forthcoming updates. How much disk space does it take? Thanks. -- DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas Vires et Honor ...

Find difference between 2 cells if critera in a 3rd cell is met
How would I find the difference between two cells depending on what is in a third cell? For example, in column G1 I want to show the difference E1 and whichever cell in column F contains the number 1. I was thinking something along the lines of using SUMPRODUCT to find the row with the #1 and then somehow subtracting G1 from the number column E that match the row where the number 1 was found. This is VERY confusing! At least, to me it is. There's probably a simple solution but I don't understand. You want the formula in cell G1? This is the really confusing part: ...

Corrupted pst files #2
Hi, My outlook 2003 file is corrupted, it says when i try to open it "unable to open because it's not a personal file folders" I ran scanpst.exe, it detected an error and said that the file is repaired. but still i cannot open it. i downloaded a tool Outlook Recovery, it works but it's a demo version. Does anyone knows a free tool that allow me to recover my Emails, Please it's urgent... WaJo <wajoum@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140273099.291551.97380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > My outlook 2003 file is corrupted, it says wh...

Failed Resolution on SPECIFIC destination Hosts
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Compaq Server with NT 4.0 SP 6a. Here is the situation: Whenever a message is generated to a destination host that has registered its MX record as a domain name it remains in the IMS queue with an error of "Host unreachable" until the timeout period at which point it is returned to sender. If the MX record was registered as an IP address then there is no problem with the mail being routed. Here is what I believe to be happening (although I am not COMPLETELY sure and invite any suggestions): 1. From a command prompt I run nslookup -q=mx netcomso...

More than one profile in Outlook. #2
Hi I have a e-mail user that needs to open more than one e- mail account at a time, using Outlook 2002. If I click, File, Open, Others User's Folder, it works and he can get the mail for that e-mail account. When I try to put all the mailboxes in the folder list by clicking Tools, Email Accounts, View or change existing e-mail account, next, Change, More Settings, Advanced and then Add it gives me this message: The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed. Can anyone help? ...

Tab in a cell #2
Hey all! You know how in excel if you tab, you go to the next cell to the right? How can I tab in a cell, to make an indent? I also have a weird problem with this particular cell (maybe it is due to me spacing instead of tabbing...) In a cell, I have 3 paragraphs of written information. The last three lines however just keep going to the right, instead of wrapping, like I have this cell formatted to do. Any thoughts on how to resolve either of these problems? -- Roz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

carriage returns #2
I know that you can press Alt-Enter to manually put a carriage return into a cell, but I'm trying to import data into excel from a webpage that should all be in one cell, with carriage returns for each line (it's an address block). No matter what I do, the data will either show up in separate cells, or as one continuous line without breaks. Does anybody know a way to code an excel carriage return? Hi Ryan, Answer to second part is CHAR(10) when concatenating strings within a formula, or as you already mentioned Alt+Enter. In VBA it is CHR(10). This is a line feed (LF) c...

Sql server #2
I need to buy new version of SQL server beacsue my data over7 gb. If any microsoft partner can sell me sql Please contact me. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-736-1677 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Gill, The current database size limitation are 2GB for MSDE (free version of SQL 2000) and 4GB for SQL Server 2005 Express. If you are already over the 4GB limit, using SQL Server 2000, 2005 or 2008, then there should be no further need to update. But, if you would like to look into the options, please feel free to get in...

Moving Data #2
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets in it. The first worksheet is where I need all information that is entered below 0 zero (Column E) to be pulled to the front worksheet. How can I do this? My worksheets are all set up like this.. 1 A B C D 2 Item # Description Qty on hand Qty needed Orde 3 4 Teletype Paper 0 25 -2 4 5 8.5X11 COPY 2 10 - What I need is everything in co...

Exchange System Manager (unreachable Servers)
When I am in Exchange System Manager and I go to Tools-Monitoring and Status-Status i see my exchange servers listed. I notice that My cluster and my frontend server both have red X's and have a status of unreachable... i am thinking that this is not good.. does anyone have any way or testing or finding out why my servers are unreachable. We do notice that there are some issues with users sending emails to groups..not all members of that group will get the emails.. not sure if this has anything to do with it... any help would be great ..if you need additional info please let me kn...

Timesheet Formula Problem #2
I am trying to set up a timesheet to cover staff working 24 hrs. Day an night hours are paid at a different rate (and staff members all hav different rate of pay). The day hours start at 7.00 and end at 19.00 Night hours are in between. It is the calculation of the hours I a having trouble with. The spreadsheet is laid out as follows: Cell R4 is Start Time S4 is Finish Time T4 is Day Hours U4 is Nigh Hours. I have entered hours for the first two staff in the followin cells: R5 contains 20.00 and S5 contains 9.00 R6 contains 6.00 and S6 contains 18.00. I have tried numerous formula but none of...

xlstart #2
hi jim, turned out to be so simple a solution :-)... thank you very much. mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26637 ...

saving worksheets #2
Hi, I'm trying to save a worksheet in Excel 2000. It's giving me an error message that says the disc is full and document can't be saved. My hard drive is not full and I can save other worksheets but not this one. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Barb It could be a memory problem. I have solved this in the past by increasing my Windows Page File siz via Control Panel -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Relay only certain users email between 2 servers
I have a company in Canada with a branch office in Atlanta. The Canadian site has a Exchange 2003 server where all mail comes in. The people in the Atlanta office use Citrix to connect to the email server in Canada. They constantly complain it is slow and they hate it. I would like to put a server in Atlanta and setup a hardware VPN between the two servers with routers. This would would help when they need to look at each others files but this will not happen to much. What I would like though is for the server in Atlanta to also be a Exchange server. How can I setup the Exchange server ...

2 questions: comments on transactions & access anywhere
2 Questions: 1. I havent played around with Microsoft money and i know that there is a way to organize transactions which pulls from my bank account with adding comments? 2. I was using Mvelopes as my budgeting program and the benefit was that i could be at any computer. Again, i havent really surfed around but is it true that i can only use microsoft money with the computer that i have downloaded it to? or can i use msn live? or is there another way to setup some sort of profile for microsoft money to log on anyway and access? A1) Was there a question here? "Yes, Money can d...

2 Questions from Newbie to Outlook
Hi there, this is my 1st post to this group - I have, just as many others, just moved from OE to MS Outlook. After playing around a bit and importing my messages from OE, I noticed two things: 1. When I send new messages, auto-complete for peaople in my Address book doesn't work or Outlook doesn't have it. In OE, when I begin to type Sa , all my contacts starting with Sa appears. How can I nurn this on in Outlook. 2. How can I view JPG images directly in my received mail - after someone has sent me some pics. Now I have to 2x click on it to open up in Win XP image viewer. Th...

NDR Attack #2
hi my exchnage server 2000 generating thousand of NDR reports sending to diffirent public domains.this fill my queue and badmail folder and user cannot send and receive.i check the queue ,all NDR mails are for diffirent domains. i have antispam software installed. mail relay is authenticated.my exchange server sending and receiving through smtp connector. any body help me. Most likely someone is spamming your domain and these NDRs are bounces for addresses that do not exist on your domain. Unfortunately Exchange 2000 only has two options--either send NDRs or don't send them at all ...