hide Admin from address list

Hi
Exchange server 2003 (SBS2003) how do I hide / remove the administrators
mail box address from all lists to stop people sending emails to it when
they select all domain users?

thanks

Adrian wrote:
> Hi
> Exchange server 2003 (SBS2003) how do I hide / remove the
> administrators mail box address from all lists to stop people sending
> emails to it when they select all domain users?
>
> thanks

Well, you can control who can send email to that mailbox in the delivery
restrictions section (ADUC properties of the admin acct, exchange general
tab). Would that not suffice? If you hide the mailbox from the address list
you won't be able to open the mailbox.

0
lanwench (7567)

Address List #4
Sir, We are using Exchange 2003 Server, there is no problem in accessing global address list using Exchange Cached Client. How to Access Exchange Global Address list for POP3 and SMTP Client Please tell me the configuration and solution. waiting for your reply Regards Sathish Kumar Nair Look into IMAP protocol or have them VPN in as an exchange client >-----Original Message----- >Sir, > >We are using Exchange 2003 Server, there is no problem in accessing global >address list using Exchange Cached Client. > >How to Access Exchange Global Address list for POP3 and S...

importing address book #5
Does anyone know how to import a personal address book from Outlook Express to 97 Outlook? "Kiowa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:595a01c4008d$4198acd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to import a personal address book > from Outlook Express to 97 Outlook? In OE save it as a csv file. In Outlook, import the csv file. Kiowa <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to import a personal address book > from Outlook Express to 97 Outlook? I'll check my Outlook 97 at home tonight. -- Bria...

Offline Address Book error 0X8004010F
I have an Exchange 2003 server that just had a corrupted EDB due to hard drive crash. Reset both the public and priv and imported all the messages. Now I have everything running just fine exept for one thing... I get an "Object not found error" after the send and receive in Outlook 2003 on all clients. The log message in the Syn Issues folder reads: 17:12:19 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352 17:12:19 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Jay Auburn' 17:12:19 Synchronizing Hierarchy 17:12:19 Done 17:12:19 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 17:12:19 0X8004010F I tried all ...

E-mail address #6
How do I find out what my email address for Outlook express is? "Newuser" <Newuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61983562-F304-45F1-B641-3D9BA78C0C02@microsoft.com... > How do I find out what my email address for Outlook express is? Call your ISP (SBC) or whomever you are using as your e-mail provider. -- __________________________________________________ Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others. For e-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#VN" to Subject. __________________________________________________ ...

Moving mailboxes across admin group
Hi, I have exchange servers 5.5 and exchange 2003 servers across admin groups. I need to move a mailbox from the 5.5 server to the 2003 server but I got a message that this can only be done after upgrading the 5.5 server to SP4 (service pack 4). Please I need to know the impact of installing the SP4 on the exchange server. Will I need to reboot the server, will I need to restart any services, will it have any other impact on any other services or program. Please I need to know because I am going to do this on a live environment. thanks. it's been a long time, but I do not beli...

have a list of numbers
Hi! I have a list of numbers (lotto) for the past ten years, what I did was sort them out and assign each of them a number (from 1 to 2400) no, there are number which repeat, what I want is a graph that shows me exactly WHAT numbers repeat and with what recurrency. Is it possible for that large qty. of numbers? Hi try creating a pivot table for this with the numbers both as row item and the count of these numbers as data item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "List of numbers" <List of numbers@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A3FF44A6-451E-4...

epay-payees address error
I started a new bank account with the same bank and found that I get a message stating that the pay request was not processed. The payee information may not be valid. Go the payee details area and review the information and try again. I have sent payments to these payees in the past and have not changed anything in the details. Any suggestions? ...

Change Reports List View
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to change the reports list view? For instance, I would like to eliminate the “Report Type” and “Modified On” columns and only keep the “Report Name” and “Description” columns. Thanks! ...

"To" and address book
When writing an e-mail at work, I click the "to" and the "select names" box appears. On the right hand side, instead of saying "contacts" and allowing me to choose who to send it to, mine says "global address list", and underneath that the option of "contacts" appears. I have to remember to select "contacts" before looking up a name. Is there any way to set this automatically to just say "contacts" when the "select names" box appears? Thank you for your help. Depending on your Outlook version, which you...

Domain of sender address does not resolve(in reply to MAIL FROM -E
I have several domains that has the same internet exit ( NETIQ mailmarshall smtp ). Im using Exchange 2k SP3 Server. The error I got when I try to send from just one of my domains ( if I try to send a mail but with the other domains I got no errors ): user@siemens.com on 1/17/2006 3:26 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. < zetes.siemens.com #4.0.0 X-Postfix; host david.siemens.com[194.138.160.5] said: 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender add...

How to create a personal address book
Sorry ahead of time for this long post, but I've been reading thru these messages for an hour, and haven't found one like mine. I have WIN2K, Office2K with Outlook 2K. I do not have an option for personal addr book, under tools, accounts, new. It only gives mail or directory services. Under file, new, I can add/create contacts, personal folder, pst's, and other items, but no personal addr book. Under file, import/export, I select internet mail and addr, then OE, and import addr book, but the next selection only shows it going to Contacts. I don't want any more contac...

Validation List and protection
Hi all! While trying things out on ecxel version 2000 (I normaly use officeXP) I had the following Problem. When a Validation List is applied and the whole sheet is protected Excel Version 2000 will not protect the cell and further editing using the list feature is posible. However excel XP will protect the cell as expected. Is there a way to protect this kind of cell in Excell 2000 Thanks all bahri bahri Check out this google search thread. Note Debra's two posts for how-to with xl2000 or mine if you want event code. http://snipurl.com/15fcy Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On We...

Clear Address History?
Is there a way to clear address history from Outlook 2003? What I'm referring to is when you start to type an address and it fills it in automatically. I want it to continue to fill it in automatically, but some of the addresses are outdated and no longer used, but it still prompts for those . . . so I want to clear the address history so it will only "look" for addresses used from here on out. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com It's easy, but may be a bit tedious - you...

Selecting nearest under in a list
I have a list of numbers and i need to either highlight (using conditional formatting)or display in another cell the nearest number under 10000 i.e 9854 9752 11254 10987 9974 <--------- 10025 Help!!!!! if your values are in column A then on the column B type this =IF(A1=MAX(IF(A1:A6<10000,A1:A6)),A1,"") and array enter it (Ctrl+shift+enter) instead of enter This will place the value that is closest to 10K on column B "Purfleet" <Purfleet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:655D632A-44CB-4148-91AF-A36F6C1D2E1A@microsoft.com... >I have a...

Exchange 2003 SP2
I have a problem with a client using Exchange 2003 recently upped to SP2. No when they create a new user, only the SMTP field is populated in the address list. Their is no X400 address. Also the user has not been populated into the global address list. Does anybody know what consequences the X400 address being missing has and also if it could be related to the user not being populated to the GAL? Could this be a problem with SP2? All worked fine before. Many thanks Rich On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:12:52 -0000, <Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote: >I have a problem with a client us...

Outlook 2000 Junk Mail List
Hello, I have try to search for this question more then a few times, and have come up with nothing. Hopefully someone knows the answer? My question is, in Outlook 2000, where is the "Junk Mail List" kept? I know you can manage the list in Outlook. But I would like to export that list to a file or see the list in file format? Or see the list in a different way at all? Can I do this? Thanks for your time. Nick It's handled in the rules. By investigating the Junk rule you can see the exception list and the list of sites or domains you've added. As I remember y...

ACT! Address Book Crashing Outlook 2007
I've been using ACT! with Outlook now for almost a year and the integration (ACT! has several add-ins in Outlook) has been flawless. I also use the ACT! address book in Outlook which is now the source of my problem. I'm now unable to run Outlook with my ACT! (2010) address book added, at all. If I add the ACT! address book, I get an "Outlook cannot display this view" error in a dialog box, and I can't successfully start up Outlook until I remove the ACT! address book. As soon as I remove the ACT! address book, Outlook is fine. I'm totally at a loss as t...

html address with word art
Hi, I have a word based off word art as a hyperlink to a website. What I would like to have happen is The word pops up(gets bigger) when hoverd on and then when clicked turn a different color. Can I do this with word art? It will be published on the web as adobe acrobat file. Help new to publisher. What you want is a *rollover* A graphic element in an application or on a Web page that changes its color or shape when the pointer is moved (rolled) over it. Look here http://www.google.com/search?q=mouseover&revid=1110667976&sa=X&oi=revisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=broad-...

Add address automatically
Hi all, Just wanna know if it is possible to include an email address automatically to the cc list whenever i wanna try to reply an email or create a new mail. I am working as a helpdesk thus whenever i want to reply to an it query i will cc the helpdesk account so that the rest of the helpdesk crew will know that the query has been dealt with. Thanks a zillion in advance. Not with any current version of Outlook. You can write code that does this: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "SecretCharacter" <henry.tan@tellabs.com> wro...

Outlook 2007
Two users using Outlook 2007 (Administrator and his assistant), the assistant is a delegate on the Administrator's Contact list. In OL 2007 the delegate is unable to view the contacts from the delegators list of contacts when creating/forwarding an email (see attachment). The delegators contacts were available in OL 2003. All appropriate permissions have been configured to allow delegate access (has editor permissions). Thank You Allison +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: AddressList.JPG ...

e mail replies stuck sending from old e mail address
I have recently changed my e mail address and I have responded to things in the emails which have gone back automatically on the old address but get stuck in sending. They are not in my outbox so I can.t delete them. How can I get rid of them -- myoud These are probably stuck read receipts from the other email address: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm "myoud" <myoud.465b264@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:myoud.465b264@outlookbanter.com... > > I have recently changed my e mail address and I have responded to things > in the ...

Redirecting incoming mail to external email address
Hello! Our company started to hire freelance sales personel who are requesting a company email address instead of using their personal email address in order to look more professional. Is there a way without creating mailboxes to redirect any incoming mail to these addresses to their personal email? We do not want to have any mail destined for them to enter our system for security reasons. Thank you in advance! Lance You could setup a local domain account for the user, then set it to forward mail to an external contact with their personal email account information. We have several li...

Great Plains should hide Social Security Numbers on payroll distr.
We have several employees requesting a masking or hiding of social security numbers on payroll checks and direct deposit memorandums. It would be a great help if Great Plains offered this option. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Create List
I have Outlook 2000. I have three sets of contacts, eg Contacts, Newsletter. They have the same icon. Properties call them Folders containing contact items. I just tried to make a new contact list and can't seem to reproduce it. The property description of the folder is a little longer and the icon is different. ...

Box Listing
--------------3DB1E7C3113F93C2330F2A2E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I must have done something I did not intend that caused the list in my outbox to change and I cannot change it back. The format I want: I have a heading that contains (for the inbox) From, Subject, Received. Each msg has one line that contains whatever the headings call for. The format I do not want: I have a similar heading (for outbox) To, Subject, Sent. Each message has a button with a plus sign and the text Sent: date, time (1 item). If I click the button with the plus, th...