hidden a field in Exchange

I have hidden a field in Exchange so when people click on a mailbox
properties they don't see it but someone has found a way to display it,
simply using the Add to Contact button from the mailbox properties in
Outlook.
How can I modify this behavior so the hidden field is NOT transported in the
contact folder ?

The field we're using is the Notes in the telephone tab.

Thanks.

0
m.paquin (3)

Copy and Paste in Notes or Fields
In GP Version 8, we currently cannot copy and paste any field. When I have a lengthy description for several invoices or for several notes, I have to re-type each one. That would be a time saver. I mean, we've been able to cut and paste in Word and Excel for many years ... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Exchange 5.5 quick question
I know this is an old version, we spent a ton of cash on Server 2k3 and exchange 2k3 but it wont migrate, so we're kind of stuck for the moment. I'm just adding a new mailbox (simple, right?) I'm assigning a primary NT account to this new mailbox, but the primary NT account that I want isnt showing up in the list of available accounts, even though it is in the list of accounts in the User Manager for Domains in the Administrative tools in the start menu. I'd really like to migrate to 2k3, but the migration tool is very frustrating, and it doesnt really work, im thin...

Calculated Fields in Pivot Tables
Hello from Vancouver BC! I have a pivot table into which I have inserted calculated fields. I totalling paid insurance claims by month, grouped by year. The calculated field mutiplies the paid claims times an expense fee. The monthly calculation is working fine, but the subtotal for the year is a mystery. I though it would simply add the sum of the monthly amounts like the uncalculated fields. Can anyone assist? Thanks very much, Shane Can you give an example of an amount you're getting as an annual total, and what amount you expected to get? Shane wrote: > Hello from Vancouve...

New user account/mail box created is not resolving Exchange 2003
I have created a user account and mail enabled the same it happend sucsessfully. when i try to configure outlook2003 it gives me the error "the action could not be completed.the name could not be matched to a name in the address list".I am able to resolve all the existing accounts thru outlook , but the new ids created are not getting resolved. Thanks & regards Raisal Have you check the email addresses of the user account? Make sure RUS is stamping your new user accounts. "Raisal" <Raisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00872B93-46A4-47...

Exchange 2003
I have a Win2K3 SBS with Exchange 2003. Although everything appears to be working properly, Veritas 9.1 will not backup my Information Store because it says that the database is corrupted. I have gone through the procedure using ESEUTIL to try and repair the various edb files, but the corruption is still there. I seem to remember a knowledge base article which documents how to EXMERGE the mailboxes, blow up the corrupt information store, create a new information store, and then import the EXMERGED mailboxes, but I can't seem to find it. Is there a procedure out there that will do ...

Puting all the null field to 0
Is there anyway to use code to make all the empty/null field update to 0?Thanks for help. You can use an Update query to convert Null values to zero, e.g.: UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = 0 WHERE MyField Is Null; Before you do that, you might wish to consider why this is needed. If it is just that you are having difficulty handling the nulls, see: Nulls: Do I need them? at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-11.html Alternatively, if you just need this for a particular situation, you can use Nz() or IIf() as a calculated field in a query to substitute zeros for nulls in that context. ...

Add fields and filters to OWA views
Are there any third party apps or updates from MS that expand or make it possible to edit the OWA look, feel, options, layout, or anything else about it? Where can I change the source code? Any suggested links for beginning programmers wanting to change OWA? I expecially need to add some fields and filters to views. PremP ...

Outlook crashes when I connect to Exchange
For more than a week, Outlook has been crashing, whenever I try to connect to my Exchange server email, contacts, calendar, etc. I have used Outlook for many years, with no major problem. I am using Outlook 2007 with a language pack installed on an Italian version of Vista, running on my home laptop. When I check the event log, it shows one error: "Application that generated the error OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.6514.5000, timestamp 0x4a89dc70, module that generated the error olmapi32.dll, version 12.0.6514.5000, timestamp 0x4a89d653, exception code 0xc0000005, offset error 0...

fields in the RecordSource
I get a runtime 2465 error in attempting to reference one of the fields in the RecordSource of a report. E.g., Dim intCount As Integer intCount = Me.CountField Access can't find the referenced field, "CountField". Yet, using the "Me." autofill shows all the field names in the RecordSource of the report. What am I missing? Bill Which event is being used to run that code? If it's the Open event, the report's fields are not available to the VBA code at that time. You more likely want to use the Format or Print event of a section of the report that might...

import Exchange 2003 information stores into newly set up Exchange 2007
Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previous Exchange 2003 that was running as part of SBS on a different domain that I would like to import private and public information stores into the new Exchange 2007 environment. I have the 2003 information stores copied to a backup directory on the new Exchange server. Any ideas? I thought there might be some command line utility for such. Thanks very much! Don On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:34:59 -0600, "dbj" <dbj@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: >Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previou...

Connecting to two exchange servers
I work for two seperate companies each of whom has an exchange server. I run outlook 2003 and would like to be able to connect to both servers simultaneously. On each server, I have extensive folder trees of old mail. I also maintain seperate calendars and tasks. I cannot consolidate on a single exchange server because of confidentiality issues and the need to have seperate calendars accessible to other users in each of the two companies. I have so far investigated: - POP but this does not give me the folders. - Profiles but I do not appear to be able to run 2 instances of outlook a...

DFL 2003 AD and Exchange 5.5 Admin console
I have a DFL 2003 AD Domain, with Exchange 5.5. When switching to DFL 2K3 I left the nt4emulator key present so that 2K machines would still see it as an NT domain. Since raising the Domain and Forest levels have nothing to do with clients it was successful. I know that eventually it will need to be removed, however everything works fine. There is a problem on my admin PC's that have the Neutralize NT4 Emulator keys. My Exchange 5.5 administrator is painfully slow. When I create a new domain account and then create a mailbox in Ex5.5 it takes about 30 minutes for the account to po...

Using variable in field name
Hi. I have a table whose fields are named boolType00, boolType01, boolType02, ..., boolType19. I need to make a loop and real all of the 20 fields. Something like: Dim i1 As Integer i1=0 While i1 < 20 Debug.Print MyTable!boolType"i1" i1=i1+1 Wend Is there a way to do it? Thanks H. Martins If you OpenRecordset, you can refer to the field in the recordset like this: Debug.Print rs.Fields("boolType" & i1) If you need help with using a recordset, see: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample Lots of repeating fields like that usua...

Show only unique records in duplicated field
Hello, I need to limit repeated (but not duplicated) records in a query. Here's my structure: tblCompanies *CompanyID CompanyName tblCategories *CategoryID CategoryName tblCategoryAssignment *CatAssignmentID CompanyID CategoryID This structure allows a company to be assigned more than one category. I want to be able run a query searching for companies that belong several categories, i.e. show me all companies that have category assignments of either software or nonprofit. Something like TechSoup would come up twice. I'm interested in viewing the company names, not necessari...

USer Di & TImeStamp in Notes Field??
I have the following Code onChange for an Addtional Information Nvarchar Field I am trying to put this at the end of the text after each time I save it, so it can tell me the time of day and the User who entered it. But what it does, is just give me the Date and timeStamp and deletes the text I typed in. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks // To Get the System Date and Time var d=new Date(); var curr_day=d.getDate(); var curr_month=d.getMonth(); var curr_yr=d.getYear(); var curr_hr=d.getHours(); var curr_min=d.getMinutes(); var curr_date=curr_day+"/"+curr_month+"/"+...

Outlook and exchange #3
Hi, I am running windows XP clients, with Office XP on a small network with SBS2K3. I am trying to attain a view in outlook where, when someone clicks on a date on the calendar they also get a view of their "Tasks" for that day and can quickly get a view of overdue tasks. I have tried this by customising the current view and it does not seem to work. I have tried the 'right mouse click on the tasks pane and choosing the option to change the taskpane view to todays tasks and then to overdue tasks' but this does not work!. I have tried setting filters in the options and this ...

Exchange 2003 Transaction Log Recovery
I am currently looking a way to recover about 8 months worth of email in a users mailbox. The issue at hand was 8 months worth of emails in 1 users mailbox were moved to a pst file. The PST file was stored on the users local C: drive, bad idea I know, and we lost the hard drive. I am aware that i am looking at restoring the private information store and replaying the log files for about 8 months worth of data. Our email environment is a high email flow environment so this will be a massive restoration effort. Are there any tools that will let me mine and rebuild just 1 users mailbo...

Newbee Q: How to make search field in excel sheet?
Hi. I am using Excel in a rather stupid way. I work in sales and have all my company leads in here, so I can keep them in check. What I would like to have though, is a field where I can type part of a company name, and then the Excel ark goes to the first cell that matches... It seems so simple, but I have almost never used Excel before, so I'm lost... Any quick tips out there? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have you tried Edit / Find? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03...

2003 IMF got installed on Exchange 2000?
I'm looking at some memory dumps and it appears that SMTP is loading the msgfilter.dll from Exchange 2003 and causing the process to crash. The msgfilter.dll is part of the IMF so I am trying to understand how it got installed on this Exchange 2000 server. The dll is currently being loaded as an event sink so it was somehow registered into the metabase. Is it possible that Windows Update or something else installed the 2003 IMF on my Exchange 2000SP3 server? ...

Journaling Exchange 2003
Hello I used to make journaling with Exchange 5.5 with IMSEXT extension . I was able to copy incoming and outgoing emails exchanged with internet in public folders How to make the same thing with Exchange 2003? I saw journaling is possible, but that includes as well the interns mesages as the external messages. Thank you Pierre <Pierre Delmas> wrote: >Hello >I used to make journaling with Exchange 5.5 with IMSEXT extension . >I was able to copy incoming and outgoing emails exchanged with internet in >public folders >How to make the same thing with Exchange 2003? >I...

OWA Exchange 5.5
Good Afternoon: I am in th process of trying to install OWA on a clients SBS 4.5 server. If I got to the logon screen I get the gold screen but once I enter a user name and password the screen goes white and just sits there. ANy ideas? ...

Exchange 2003 Message Tracking #2
When I go into the message tracking center and select the exchange server name of the server that has the mailbox that i'm trying to track message for, it renames itself to another exchange server name. Message tracking is enabled on the Exchange server that I want to search. The logs are in place. The servername.log share is in place and the permissions are correct. The server that I am trying to track is a cluster, that is the only thing that I can think of. I seem to recall having tracked messages in the past and can't think of anything that has changed. I've tried ...

New 2k Exchange w/ existing 2k Exchange Server Problem HELP!!!!!!!
I just installed a new 2000 exchange server on my domain and I am having a problem connecting to it. I have an existing 2000 Exchange server called "BOSS" and my new one is called "exchsrvr" they are both online I am moving my mail box over to the new server "exchsrvr" and I just tried to sync my outlook up to the new one by entering the name of the new server "exchsrvr" and then my name and clicking "Check name" and once i click the "check name" button the server name changes back to my old exchange server "BOSS" how...

Problem with Exchange 2007 and Entourage 2008 connection

syncing mail stores between 2 Exchange 2007 servers?
We have a main location with an AD/file server running Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit. We also have an Exchange server here running Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. We have a second location with a backup AD/file server running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We also have an Exchange server running Windows Server 2008 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. The purpose of this second location is strictly to serve as a backup - if a disaster occurs, the plan would be to restore our file shares and Exchange database to these servers at our second loc...