Helpdesk to create mailboxes

Hi,

I would like to have the users in the helpdesk group create user mailboxes,
but not have permission to edit the quota of the mailboxes in Exchange 2003
Sp2.  I thought I did this on Exchange 2003 without a service pack without a
problem.  Now when I create a helpdesk user or group they always have an
ability to modify the quotas of that mailbox.   Is there still a way to do
this?

Thank You
Cos1
0
cos1 (1)

POS (Not RMS) Item Not Found After Creating
We added two new items to our inventory, both bottled juices, creating them using the Code 39 barcode on the each item's label. After adding them, we tested their availability (price, in stock, description) by scanning each barcode. The POS system prompts us to Create New Item (which we define as not found in the database). Checking the item list, we do not find the items we just created. Searching for Item Number, Description, etc, produces no search results. So, we attempted to re-enter them into the POS system. On one item, a prompt states Item Description already in use. O...

create new document, then add data
I added items to my toolbar and menu bars to my app and would now like to do the following: I know how to set up methods to handle the commands. I would like one of my buttons/menu items to create a new document and then add data to it (MDI). Either randomly generated or pulled from a server. What keeps confusing me about the Doc/View architecture and MFC is where pointers to different class instances are, etc. In this case, I need to create a new document first. If I create a method to deal with the command from my new button in the "MyApp" class, that works, but now how d...

Create entities in c#
Hi, I wonder if it's possible to create new entities (like activities here) in an aspx page in c# called from a crm button (a web service would apparently be too slow for my purpose here). I've been looking and found out about some Microsoft.crm packae which I can't seem to be able to find. Any ideas? Thanks So you want to create a custom aspx page (w/ c# code behind) and when the user clicks a button it creates an Activity for example? You're going to have to use the Crm 3.0 Web Service. Unless you know enough about the CRM DB to do straight TSQL inserts which you...

Delegate access to shared folders created in "outlook today"
I am aware of the process to set up delegates and give permissions to allow other users (a specific group of users) access to a new folder I created in "Outlook Today". When I try to give them access to the new folder I have created, the folder does not even come up as an option. Only lists options to share (general) inbox, calendar, etc. I need this folder to be shared as I have invoked a rule to send all emails from a particular source to this folder (these emails are of interest to all specified users). I only want the other users to be able to access emails from this par...

How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?
no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields into the report. You manually delete one of each and proceed and it continues to add double fields. We did not have this issue in 2003 version. WHat is the problem and how do we fix it? Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing fields twice? If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all fields) in SELECT clause of the query. It is a property of queries in design view (Output all fields). Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing ...

how to create button commande to refresh data in query in excel 2.
I have a excel spreedsheet that contain external data. I would like to put a button in the excel sheet to update the sheet without doing right click and refresh. My user here are very dummies. Jean Francois If this is external data then bringing it in should launch the external data toolbar. They will only need to click the exclamation (!) mark. Seems like re-inventing the wheel. If you must then put a button on the worksheet and assign it to this macro Sub refreshdata() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qryTab As QueryTable Set wks = ActiveSheet For Each qryTab In wks.QueryTables qryTab.Refr...

Cannot create any chart
Every time I try to create a chart it causes XL to crash. I use the Chart Wizard, set up the parameters for the chart, select Finish, and then XL shuts down and restarts. I have tried various types of charts with the same results. I have rebooted, but get the same results. This is a recent problem, but I am not aware of any changes I made to my system. All other parts of XL work fine as do other MS Office applications. I would appreciate any ideas how to resolve this problem. Do I need to reinstall XL? -- Ray Wright raycyn+wright@prodigy.com Did you add the Dark Shading o...

creating tmp files
Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp files. Thanks Chandra You cant "chandrak@futaiusa.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a9701c4343c$e2f2c6a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... : Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp : file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp : files. : Thanks : Chandra But accoding to documents on excel if the file is saved without error messages it renames the temp file with xls why do I still see the xls and tmp fi...

Creating custom charts in Excel 2007
When creating charts in earlier versions in Excel, it was possible to select a custom type of a column chart with one series displayed as a line. I can't find this in Excel 2007 - is it still there somewhere? Any help would be gratefully received! As always, you can build your own custom chart. (The built-in custom ones are not too flexible anyway.) For example, to make a line-column chart, make a line chart, then right click on a series, choose Chart Type from the pop-up menu, and choose the column chart type for the selected series. Repeat as needed. To put a series onto the secon...

Monitoring Users Mailboxes
As Admin, I have been asked to monitor a users mailbox. Our network consists of 5 domains (has 5 mailservers, with my main server retrieving the mail from our ISP and then distributing it to the other servers ). This user is in a different domain than I. My Outlook 2000 can't access the mailbox. I gave myself Admin rights to this persons mailbox. I have tried many ways to open the mailbox. I have logged onto the other domain from my PC and tried to configure Outlook to connect to the other domain mailserver but it always says it can't open the information store or there is...

OWA Rights to Mailbox problem
We have installed and additional Exchange 5.5 server to our site with OWA and IIS. OWA works fine on original server but if we move a mailbox to the new server, the user cannot forward, delete or send a new message using OWA. The mailbox recieves new mail and it can be read, but it ends there. Can't add to Calander or contacts. Missing some permissions setting, just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan ...

Creating Data Tables off-sheet
Does anyone know how to create data tables in a sheet other than the sheet containing the input data? Someone showed me the trick a long time ago and it has escaped my mind. Thanks in advance for any clues or complete solution. Cheers! Atem Do you mean that your data is in sheet1 and you want to put the data table containing some of that data in sheet2? If so, you can just reference sheet1 in your formulas in sheet2. =sheet2!A50 =sheet2!A50-sheet2!B50 etc etc Lacty wrote: > Does anyone know how to create data tables in a sheet other than the > sheet containing the input data? Some...

Creating a Rule #2
Is there a way for me to create a rule that will move the mail from one Inbox to another one? If so, how do I do that? What kind of mail account? What version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Lexi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29ac201c465b9$5e2bf230$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to create a rule that will move the > mail from one Inbox to another one? If so,...

Mailbox "send as" rights in exchange 2003
When you give users "send as" rights to a exchange 2003 mailbox and these users reply to an email in the target users mailbox the email sent goes into the users mailbox who is doing the replying/"sending as" not the mailbox itself. IS there a way to get the mail to go the sent items of the mailbox owner not the user who is "sending as" sent items. Hi, have a look on: http://www.lucatec.de/mask This could be a nice solution for you. It is a small utility which automates certain routine tasks if you're working with a Microsoft Exchange Server and have se...

how do I create a text file from a spreadsheet
I am trying to create a .prn file from a spreadsheet with 80 plus columns. I have successfully completed this in the past with spreadsheets containing less than 20 columns. I'm not getting all of the columns and a majority of the columns do not show the values from the spredsheet. Where can I find information that may help me solve this? There's a limit of 240 characters per line when you save as .prn files. You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",5),5) &...

Create a file in the path of a PDA
Hi, I am working with the application of user interface where the code has to be run on the device(i.e. PDA of imate, Jasjar) using Active Sync. Now I have to create a file config.txt using the API _wfopen , with a path given as /My Device/Program Files/config.txt in the PDA. I tried doing as FILE *fp; if ( (fp = _wfopen( L"//My Device//My Program Files//Config.txt",L"w") ) == NULL ) { AfxMessageBox(_T("Couldn't Create the file !")); return FALSE; } But it is not creating the file as the path specified, it is giving Couldn't Create the ...

create chart from series grouped by value in another column
How to create a chart from series grouped by a value from another column? Example The sheet has these rows: A, DATE, 1 A, DATE, 6 A, DATE, 7 B, DATE, 3 B, DATE, 15 B, DATE, 6 B, DATE, 6 A{1,6,7} is a series and B{3,15,6,6} is a different series. I have around 2000 different series like that in my excel. How can I auto-create charts for each series (i.e. not selecting each series one by one)? Creat another Sheet with the data series in the order you wish to graph them. "HarCo" wrote: > How to create a chart from series grouped by a value from another column? > Example > ...

Cannot create new mailboxes
Hi Im failing to create mailboxes when creating a new user account on W2003 SBS Std. The user account is fine and is created as normal, but the mailbox fails with the following: ############################### Wizard Execution: Entering the MigUsr Committer... Failed to create a mailbox for user [LDAP://CN=MY_NEW_USER,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=worcester,DC=local] with error [0x80070057]. Leaving the MigUsr Committer... Entering the Template Committer... Failed to get Display Name from Template [CN=English Mutual Worcester,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=worcester...

Create users on GP V9 on SQL2005
After you create users and give company access on the Client/Server installation you go to the physical client to logon, you cannot logon using any of the users that you have just created, the only way that you can then logon is by logging in as SA on the client, go to Setup, Users, call up the user that you want to use to logon to that particular client machine, save the record and come out, only now can you successfully log into GP with this user. On the server, was the DSN used to access the app setup to as '(local)' or '.' as the Servername rather than the full ser...

Move Mailbox Problems!!!
I spent the entire weekend moving mailboxes off of 1 server to another. 2000 to 2003. I have about 75 that "Failed". Some of them are showing up with the red "X" on the Old server. When I go into Exchange AD U&C and search for the user, it shows that their mailbox is located on the new server. When I try and purge the mailbox on the Old server I get an error stating that the mailbox has been reconnected to a user. How can I get rid of the mailbox on the Old Server? Thanks Ron Capt_Ron <monbleau(notthis)@palmbeach.k12.fl.us.NotThisEither> wrote: >I sp...

delete mailbox #2
Dear all One of mailbox during move from Exchange 2k3 to Exchange 5.5 has error (during close the connection but not respond), now that mailbox already has a copy in Exchange 5.5 and also has a copy in Exchange 2k3 server. Then I delete that mailbox in Exchange 2k3 server from ESM then it now disaply with a red cross. But when I try to purge it, it prompt that it still connect with a user account; when I try to reconnect it another testing user a/c (without mailbox connected), it prompt that it already connect with a user a/c Actually that user a/c in AD is mapped to the mailbox already move...

Create Public Folders
How do I give my users rights to create their own folders under Public Folders? Tim Kowal wrote: > How do I give my users rights to create their own folders under Public > Folders? > > Okay, first, BAD IDEA. You'll most likely end up with an unmanageable and unusable public folder hierarchy with duplicate folders and data that's all over the place and nearly impossible to find. It's far better for the Exchange admin(s) to manage the Public Folder hierarchy. BUT, if your users have a legitimate need to create their own public folders (developers, for example),...

Create a report on a form to reflect manufacture price
Hello I have a form and sub-form that calulates by query the wholesale value of an order. On the form is a command button to run the wholesale report. I wish to run the same report however change prices contained in the same query (manufacture prices) on the report without altering the orginal form and sub-form. Thanks Hello Peter, In your query you must have the following fields: ManufacturePrice WholesaleDiscount WholesalePrice You apparently calculate the WholesalePrice. In the recordsource of the report you must then have a field, ItemPrice, that gets its value, Wh...

Creating an "exception" report from comparing 2 excel files
We run a report from our system every day that shows all employees and a bunch of demographic data on the employe. The number of rows varies based on the number of employees in the database. Is there a way to compare Monday's file to Tuesday's file in excel and get a list of just the rows that changed from the prior day's file? We have used a suggestion from (Martin W) "Say you have two sheets in one file Sheet1 and Sheet2. Then place this formula in A1 of Sheet3 and drag across and then down as far as needed. =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",1)" ...

restoring an individual mailbox to a give point in time
Have any of you needed to do this and succeeded? What steps did you take? not an individual mailbox - only blb will allow you to restore a single mailbox, but that cannot be done to a point in time; only from when the backup was taken...only way to do this is to restore the entire database, then replay all applicable transaction log files... "dondidati" <armtrece@vba.va.gov> wrote in message news:5cad01c48143$bfd1dbd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Have any of you needed to do this and succeeded? What > steps did you take? ...