HELP! X.400 Two Organizations Same SMTP

We are doing a migration from 5.5 to 2k3 and are having issues.  We
have two organizations which have the same smtp address, different
X.400 addresses.  The 5.5 is a hub and spoke configuration, where the
IMC is on a hub, and the ADC and X.400 connect to a spoke.  Mail
routes from 2k3 to 5.5 without issue, and from 5.5 to 2k3 ONLY if the
x.400 address is listed in the general tab in email.  Otherwise,
messages get forwarded to out IMC, which is set for the SMTP to be
inbound only, and the mail loops until it is NDR'ed.  The ADC
automatically places an SMTP address there, and I don't want to have
to manually configure this.  I have placed below an NDR and some
information that I'm getting.  Please contact me if you need more
information.

Thanks!

SMTP Both ORGs:  company.com
X.400 Old Org = c=US;a= ;p=oldorg; o=varied by site
X.400 2k3 Org = c=US;a= ;p=neworg; o=Exchange

I've configured the GDI for the p and c fields for the X.400 on the
5.5 side.
I've placed the addressing for the X.400 in the address tab of the
x.400
no connected site
two site connectors going to two main hub and redundant hub from this
spoke.

Custom Recipients have correct information.

      c=US;a= ;p=oldorg ;o=oldsitehub
;dda:SMTP=third.test@company.com; on 2/11/2004 5:14 PM
            Unable to deliver the message due to a communications
failure
	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=oldorg;l=oldsitespoke-040211221307Z-15754
            MSEXCH:IMS:oldorg:oldsitehub:oldsiteserver 0x80040C02
(00050311) Maximum receipt headers exceeded (possible mail loop).

Source:  MSExchangeMTA
Category:  Directory Access
Event ID:  2253

Directory operation (om_get) failed with no data for type 723. [RD
Server DISP:ROUTER 12 115] (8)
0
dstscom (4)

For two seperate Exchange 2000/2003 orgs, you will want to set up "shared
namespace" for this to work. The fact that the X.400 addresses are different
really doesnt matter, because we wont be using these addresses to route
mail. X.400 is for inter-site, not for inter-org mail.

the following article describes how to set this up:

321721 XCON: Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321721

Thank you
-Casey

"Michael" <dstscom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We are doing a migration from 5.5 to 2k3 and are having issues.  We
> have two organizations which have the same smtp address, different
> X.400 addresses.  The 5.5 is a hub and spoke configuration, where the
> IMC is on a hub, and the ADC and X.400 connect to a spoke.  Mail
> routes from 2k3 to 5.5 without issue, and from 5.5 to 2k3 ONLY if the
> x.400 address is listed in the general tab in email.  Otherwise,
> messages get forwarded to out IMC, which is set for the SMTP to be
> inbound only, and the mail loops until it is NDR'ed.  The ADC
> automatically places an SMTP address there, and I don't want to have
> to manually configure this.  I have placed below an NDR and some
> information that I'm getting.  Please contact me if you need more
> information.
>
> Thanks!
>
> SMTP Both ORGs:  company.com
> X.400 Old Org = c=US;a= ;p=oldorg; o=varied by site
> X.400 2k3 Org = c=US;a= ;p=neworg; o=Exchange
>
> I've configured the GDI for the p and c fields for the X.400 on the
> 5.5 side.
> I've placed the addressing for the X.400 in the address tab of the
> x.400
> no connected site
> two site connectors going to two main hub and redundant hub from this
> spoke.
>
> Custom Recipients have correct information.

>       c=US;a= ;p=oldorg ;o=oldsitehub
> ;dda:SMTP=third.test@company.com; on 2/11/2004 5:14 PM
>             Unable to deliver the message due to a communications
> failure
> The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
> ;p=oldorg;l=oldsitespoke-040211221307Z-15754
>             MSEXCH:IMS:oldorg:oldsitehub:oldsiteserver 0x80040C02
> (00050311) Maximum receipt headers exceeded (possible mail loop).
>

> Source:  MSExchangeMTA
> Category:  Directory Access
> Event ID:  2253
>
> Directory operation (om_get) failed with no data for type 723. [RD
> Server DISP:ROUTER 12 115] (8)

0
caseys (2)
2/11/2004 11:31:34 PM
"Casey Spiller [MSFT]" <caseys@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<OAemocP8DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> For two seperate Exchange 2000/2003 orgs, you will want to set up "shared
> namespace" for this to work. The fact that the X.400 addresses are different
> really doesnt matter, because we wont be using these addresses to route
> mail. X.400 is for inter-site, not for inter-org mail.
>
> the following article describes how to set this up:
>
> 321721 XCON: Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange 2000
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321721
>
> Thank you
> -Casey
>

> "Michael" <dstscom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > We are doing a migration from 5.5 to 2k3 and are having issues.  We
> > have two organizations which have the same smtp address, different
> > X.400 addresses.  The 5.5 is a hub and spoke configuration, where the
> > IMC is on a hub, and the ADC and X.400 connect to a spoke.  Mail
> > routes from 2k3 to 5.5 without issue, and from 5.5 to 2k3 ONLY if the
> > x.400 address is listed in the general tab in email.  Otherwise,
> > messages get forwarded to out IMC, which is set for the SMTP to be
> > inbound only, and the mail loops until it is NDR'ed.  The ADC
> > automatically places an SMTP address there, and I don't want to have
> > to manually configure this.  I have placed below an NDR and some
> > information that I'm getting.  Please contact me if you need more
> > information.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > SMTP Both ORGs:  company.com
> > X.400 Old Org = c=US;a= ;p=oldorg; o=varied by site
> > X.400 2k3 Org = c=US;a= ;p=neworg; o=Exchange
> >
> > I've configured the GDI for the p and c fields for the X.400 on the
> > 5.5 side.
> > I've placed the addressing for the X.400 in the address tab of the
> > x.400
> > no connected site
> > two site connectors going to two main hub and redundant hub from this
> > spoke.
> >
> > Custom Recipients have correct information.
> >
> > The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
> >
> >       c=US;a= ;p=oldorg ;o=oldsitehub
> > ;dda:SMTP=third.test@company.com; on 2/11/2004 5:14 PM
> >             Unable to deliver the message due to a communications
> > failure
> > The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
> > ;p=oldorg;l=oldsitespoke-040211221307Z-15754
> >             MSEXCH:IMS:oldorg:oldsitehub:oldsiteserver 0x80040C02
> > (00050311) Maximum receipt headers exceeded (possible mail loop).
> >

> > Source:  MSExchangeMTA
> > Category:  Directory Access
> > Event ID:  2253
> >
> > Directory operation (om_get) failed with no data for type 723. [RD
> > Server DISP:ROUTER 12 115] (8)

Casey,

Thank you for the reply.  I've taken a look at this, and understand
what it is trying to accomplish.  However, and according to the
article, this will only apply if we have our 2k3 as the inbound for
our company.com address.  I have unselected the checkbox for the
"Forward all messages with unresolved recipients to host" for
company.com, and, due to naming, we had a default smtp setup with
comp.com that 2k3 is authoritative over.  In addition, my
understanding on this would be that the issue only affects email flow
from 2k3 to 5.5, not the other way around?  Am I incorrect in thinking
my current configuration will work, or have I misunderstood the
article?

Thanks again!
0
dstscom (4)
2/12/2004 2:54:43 PM
What I actually found is the way that 5.5 routes custom recipients.
Not sure if we did this correctly, but when it tries to send an x:400,
it encapsulates the entire SMTP address into the DDA.  Rather than
just recognizing the X:400 addy, it was attempting to match the entire
address (user@domain.com) in order to send.  What I setup in the X:400
was an SMTP that would allow *domain.com to be passed through, and
this worked!

Thanks...
0
dstscom (4)
2/27/2004 7:46:33 PM
I have the same problem
did you find to solve this issue?

--
Grillo

send and receive email for two smtp domains
Hi, can i do this send and receive email for two smtp domains for exchange 5,5 http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Hi, can i do this send and receive email for two smtp > domains for exchange 5,5 ...

Please Help!!!
When i receive a message from an order on my website, sends the messag on one line like this.... This agreement for services is entered into by the following parties: Purchaser of Credit Restoration Services Name : hg,kg DOB : jkgkgk SSN : jlgjklglj Phone : ljgj Email : gmfunk7@aol.com With- Supplie of Credit Restoration Services Now the messages are supposed to view like this. It views like this i outlook express but not Outlook 2000. Here it is... This agreement for services is entered into by the following parties: Purchaser of Credit Restoration Services Name : DOB : SSN : P...

MX/Smart Host/SMTP Address Space scenarios
By http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294736, we understand that unlike Exchange 5.5 you don't have to create SMTP connectors unless you're interested in servicing certain conditions, such as SMTP address spaces. For the most part, we don't need anything special, we forward everything to a smart host except for about 15 domains. You can configure every SMTP virtual server to forward all its SMTP mail to a smart host. --is it correct to assume that this means for all domains except your internal, or will it force the smart host to accept everything you&...

How do I combine two different charts?
I am trying to combine two charts using the Line-Column chart type. My results is nothing like I expected. Any ideas? BG, Without knowing what your data looks like it's hard to tell. Generally, to create a combination column-line chart, create a column chart first. Next, select one of the series. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Chart Type -> Line -> OK. Alternatively you could create a line chart first. Next, select one of the series. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Chart Type -> Column -> Clusted Column -> OK. ---- Regards...

help sorting with commas
I am trying to sort data in a column in the following manner and have n idea how. An example of the current data in a cell is 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d, 7 e every cell is different. I would like it to sort the data so that the commonalities are goupe together. For example. All the cells that contain 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d, 7 e woul be together and then 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d would be together. My boss called it comma delimited, but in looking around on this sit that doesn't seem to be it. Any help is greatly appreciated -- arku -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Time is off in the SMTP log file
I have a problem with getting certain emails to go through. we use MessageLabs for our spam and virus scanning. We are from time to time getting delays in sending mail. Messagelabs suggested I turn on SMTP logging, which I did, but when I look at the log file, the date is correct, but the system time is 3 hour ahead of me. I checked the clock on the server and it is set to EST Shouldnt this be created based on the time of the host, which is the exchange server. We have Ex 2003, Win2k3 domain. thanks in advance. They should be in GMT, are you sure its 3 hours out? http://support.micros...

HELP! Why doesn't this work?
I'm trying to affect several worksheets from a single macro. The WITH Worksheet("Xyz") command, and following code, seems to work OK when the macro is invoked when sheet "Xyz" is active, but doesn't hit XYZ if called from another sheet. I thought the WITH would make the Active sheet irrelevant. What don't I get? Sub testing() With Worksheets("xyz") ..Range("c4") = "background" <=== this works fine Cells.Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False <===this seems to be affecting only active sheet Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = ...

Help on Interest calculation? Advanced maths ?
This worksheet works, for one scenario. Need help, please, for the second scenario Initial deposit �250, invest regular �250 per month. Gross interest 5.6%, calculated daily, paid on the anniversary of account opening (i.e 366 days) The 5.6 is in range-named cell "APR". Cells B11..B376 are "=$E10...", Cells $D10... are "=$B10...+$C10...) Formula in (CALC column) cells E10...E375 is =POWER(APR/100+1,1/365)*$B10.... Spreadsheet accuracy - exact to the penny (agrees the bank's printed statement). 06 A B C D ...

help with Where clause
Please tell me what's wrong with the Where clause in this SQL. This is in the OnLoad event of a form to populate a list box. I've tried every combination I can think of and either get a prompt for tblOrders.RemainingQuantity , nothing displayed at all, or all records including the ones with 0 remaining quantity. The list box is set to 2 columns, bound column is 1, column widths is 0;1. Thanks for your help! With Me .OrderDate.RowSource = _ "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, tblOrders.Customer " & _ "FROM tblOrders "...

Current sessions, spam, smtp, relay
In the past week we have been getting a lot of spam mail. And just like all you admins out there.. GGGRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!! It's weird because they are coming and going from people that do business with us. Not only are they sending us spam, we are sending them spam as well. I checked to see if the relay settings were correct. Read http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310380 and set everything up as they said to do. I unchecked the "Allow all computers with successfully authenticate to relay, regardless ..." Now i don't know if that was the way they were sending spam but i also am log...

Excel opening with Visual Basiic File not Found Error?? Help!!!
When I open up Excel I am receiving an error message "Microsoft Visual Basic File not Found" when I hit help it tells me it is file not found error 53. Can anyone provide me some information on how I need to fix this problem. Help!!!! Thanks, Judd Hi Judd, See responses to similar questions from Tom Ogilvy http://tinyurl.com/9nubf and Dave Peterson: http://tinyurl.com/829pc --- Regards, Norman "jbsand1001" <jbsand1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EAD2E6-E90E-4929-9368-0C96BCADC374@microsoft.com... > When I open up Exce...

Need help in string conversion
Hi, This might be a stupid question, but being a novice I can't help without asking someone. How can I convert a string to LPTSTR? For example I have, string command = "runMe -f test.txt"; command += anotherString; LPTSTR commandLine = command; //this won't work and that is where I need your help. Thanks in advance, Rajesh LPTSTR can become a LPWSTR or LPSTR based on whether you have UNICODE defined. You can relate 'string' to LPSTR and 'wstring' to LPWSTR. So you have two options. 1. Use a generic 'tstring' which becomes a string/...

My Average function becomes #Name? Pls help :(
Hi, I used to have a column with the function below. =B84/DAY(EOMONTH(B1,0)) B84=1000, DAY(EOMONTH(B1,0)) supposed to count the number of days of the specifi month where B1 = "1/09/2005". I have 12 Tabs from Jan to Dec. I imported this excel file from my ol pc and suddenly, all my average became "#Name?". Do I need to d something before this function can works? Does anyone has a better formula to do the above average?? Pls help -- Lewis Ko ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lewis Koh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Pls help with embedding wmp in a non-dialog mfc view
Hi, I'd like to add mpeg, avi, and wmv playback capability to my mfc app. I thought that this would be quite simple if I decide to use Windows Media Player ActiveX instead of DirectShow filtergraph. Unfortunately that did not happen (i.e. the 'simple' part). First I struggled with Visual Studio ..NET - inserting wmp into the project did not generate CWnd derived wrapper class (as stated in sdk docs). Instead it generated COleDispatchDriver derived class. I did not want to waste any time on typing (clsid, create, etc.) so I decided to use VC6 and generated CWnd derived wrapper...

Help With Template Please
Hi this is what i am trying to do, i own a sign company and am trying to make the invoicing and job pricing a bit easier but ive come up against a few snags. 1. i wish to make a quotation sheet with a couple of boxes to enter data in such as height and width for a sign, this is simple if the customers give me the data in feet and inches and they want one type of substrate. But customers being what they are, give me details of sizes in feet and inches, metres, centimetres and millimetres, what i need is to be able to put the number in each of the boxes for width and height eg 6 ft by 4f...

HELP!!! NDR's generating DOS
I'm getting slammed by NDR's, it is causing a DoS. 6 months prioir to this event I test my server for open relay and it showed I was not an open relay. How do I stop this crap? No mail can get in You need to give more details. If the NDRs are coming to valid recipients in your domain, and your setup can't handle it, then you need to put something in place to shield your exchange servers from the attack. If they are not to valid recipients, you need to change your setup to not accept the mail. "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

OWA with secondary SMTP Domain
I remember that in Exchange 2000, if a user had only a secondary SMTP domain in their SMTP Proxy list and not the primary one, OWA would not work and you needed to use another Virtual Directory or HTTP virtual server assigned to that SMTP domain... Is this still true in Exchange 2003... I'm doing some tests and it seems that it works even if the user doesn't have an SMTP proxy address with the default SMTP domain as used in default HTTP VS. Also, is there a way to block users from using a specific HTTP VS, and use another HTTP VS on the same server ( one is available from Inter...

WSS site with two names, how??
We need to set up a new WSS server such that it can be seen by its new name AND its old name. That is we want http://oldname and http://newname to point to the same Sharepoint - 80 site. How do we do this?? AAM or IIS host headers?? We will want the index and search and etc. to all point to //newname. This is a standalone single-server install with WSS and SQL on the same server, also Reporting Services and Search Server Express. Thank you... ------=_NextPart_0001_8F07B47F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Step one will be to make sure the new name resolve...

Basic IF function help
i am new to excel and trying to use the IF function. i am trying to figure out how to get excel to only display the result of the formula is a number. in some cases, the formula has "0" in numerator so i get "Div/0" answer. in that case, i want the result to display just a blank. any help will be appreciated. thanks. my current formula is =IF((4*R3/G2)xxxxxx,(4*R3/G2),("N/A")) One way: =IF(G2=0,"",IF(4*R3/G2)xxxxx,4*R3/G2,"N/A")) In article <1168958132.311542.122240@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>, "gtd068a" <IKhan11@...

Fuzzy matching names in two columns
I'm trying to match user names from column A with user names from colum B. The matches will not be exact however, they will be "fuzzy". Column A contains user names inputted by the end users *shutter* Column B contains user names from a HR database. Problem is users do not input their names exactly as they appear in th HR database. For instance, users like to abreviate "thomas" to tom don't add their middle initial, and often times misspell their names. Does someone know of a function/macro that can perform the fuzzy match I tried DigDB but that didn't work...

Minimize to tray on clicking X
Is there a way to minimize Outlook 2007 by clicking on the X button? you mean "close" it but still have it notify you of new mail? No, but there are 3rd party applications that do that. "John" wrote: > Is there a way to minimize Outlook 2007 by clicking on the X button? > . > In article <BA7B88A4-741E-4409-AFB3-0E35E41482E1@microsoft.com>, dlw@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > you mean "close" it but still have it notify you of new mail? No, but there > are 3rd party applications that do that. > > &quo...

For Each Next help
Here is my code. Dim C As Range For Each C In Range("TotalsCells").Resize(1, 0) -----IT FAILS AT THIS LINE Cells.FormulaR1C1 = "SUM(R2C:R[-1]C)" Next C I have a couple of questions. Is my variable declaration correct? I want to inspect each cell in the range. Is my Resize syntax correct for inspecting each cell? Is my Sum syntax correct? Thanks in advance for your help. On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:06:18 -0700 (PDT), troy_lee@comcast.net wrote: >Here is my code. > >Dim C As Range > For Each C In Range("TotalsCells"...

Printing Charts with Two Y-Axes
I have several (more than 15) charts that have two axes - One for Qty and the Other for $$. When I choose print workbook, the charts all come out funny. Theonly way I can get them to print ok is to preview each chart and print separately. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Thanks ...

how do i select the points on the x axis
i have two sets of data on the left column represents time, hours. i want the numbers on the right to be appear on the graph at the appropriate hour. so 9.0 should appear at the 43rd hour on the chart, 4.8 should appear at the 52nd hour on the chart, the hours being spread by ones on the x axis. 43 9.0 52 4.8 81 5.9 242 1.5 146 3.8 159 2.9 194 3.3 217 2.6 242 3.5 251 2.9 312 3.0 355 2.0 454 1.9 Create an XY scatter chart, with the first column being your X-axis. -- Best Regards, Luke M "kylefoley2000" <kylefoley2000@discussions.microsoft....

delete cells with "x" in them
I want to delete all cells in a range that have "x" in them. I have used the following code: For Each Cell In Sheets("CDPTS").Range("B1:B363") If Cell.Value = "x" Then Cell.Delete Shift:=xlUp End If Next Cell However, this doesn't delete them all? I repeated the code several times and it finally does get them all. Is there a more reliable code to do my job? SDC scrabtree, The reason it's not working every time is that If cell B1 contains an x, cell B2 contains an x and B3 contains "qwerty&...