Help with Shared Calendars and contacts in Entourage

Hi ive recently set-up my exchange server on PC and have easily set-up my
PC's account.

I have set-up my Mac accounts but have one problem.  I cant get access to
any shared calendars or address books through entourage 2004.

Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Any help is a plus.

Thank you.

James.

You probably ought to post this to an Entourage newsgroup.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Mac Station" <macstation@sasdesign.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi ive recently set-up my exchange server on PC and have easily set-up my
> PC's account.
>
> I have set-up my Mac accounts but have one problem.  I cant get access to
> any shared calendars or address books through entourage 2004.
>
> Does anyone know what im doing wrong?
>
> Any help is a plus.
>
> Thank you.
>
> James.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Accessing a 97 database with Access 2000- HELP!
Here is my situation. I have a database that was created in Access 97. It has never been converted yet over to Access 2000. When I try to open the database, I get the usual message of "Do I want to convert the database or just open it" I choose open the database. As soon as I choose this, an error message comes up that says Record is Deleted. I found one article on the Help site that deals with this message but it refers to a networked Access 2000 database. It talks about using the Repair function. I did try the repair function on the 97 version but it did not get rid of th...

Why would microsoft support deny a product id? How a user supposed to get help??
I am getting the message below where my product ID is directly from Outlook's About box! Please enter a valid Product ID number and try again. Make sure the Product ID number is of the form: 12345-XXX-7654321-98765. Very frustrating... Looks to me like you've got a pirate version of Outlook.... >-----Original Message----- >I am getting the message below where my product ID is directly from >Outlook's About box! > >Please enter a valid Product ID number and try again. Make sure the Product >ID number is of the form: 12345-XXX-7654321-98765. > >Very f...

Shared Workbook Saving issue
Hello All - I am using Excel 2007 and have a shared workbook that is also password protected. One user of the workbook attempted to save changes and received an error message that reads: "Caution: You are attempting to save a shared workbook that is also protected with a password. Portions of the file, including the change history, will not be encrypted. To help ensure the security of your file, unshare the workbook or delete the change history from the document. Do you want to save this file?" I would like to keep this as a shared workbook, so I attempted to delete t...

Help with Msg box
Hi I have a worksheet made up for different cost centers with reference to invoices. For example who they are from, what date is on the invoice, what date did we receive it, amount, etc. I have written the following module and formula (see below for details) in order to bring up a message box if the amount of days between two dates are greater than 15. The reason for this is that we have a turnaround time of 14 days to pay these invoices and staff forget to issue a late letter if the invoice is paid outside the 15 days. This works great, the message box appears when the days are grea...

No calendar/contacts in Terminal Services
In using Windows 2003 Terminal Services, email shows up, but no calendar, contacts, or tasks info shows up. Am I missing some permissions somewhere? ...

Public Folder Calendar Items not Updating
Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment. Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public folder structure. There are several people that have to update these calendars. Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update: "This item was not completely updated during the last server synchronization." When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar will not reflect the u...

Advanced find for Contacts that have no e-mails in their history
Hello people, I am trying to define an (advanced) find for Contacts that have no e-mails in their history. I've been trying out a couple of things, but I don't immediately see how this can be done (if it can be done !). Any suggegstions ? Many thanks in advance... Regards, Mav. Euro, Yes I actually JUST had a similar situation. What you can do is create a marketing list and add everybody to it by using advanced find and adding your entire pool of contacts. If it's your entire database then just add your entire database. Then run the manage members again but using adv...

Profile for Shared Calendars
For my own reasons, I have created 8 shared calendars that are wll mine but organize segments of my time. I "overlay" the calendars to recognize conflicts. Unfortunately Outlook 2007 requires that I select eac and all shared calendars each time I open the calednar function to see this overlay view. Is there a profile that I can create that would preselect these calendars with one click? ...

help please!
Sorry already posted something similar but I don't think I have been very clear so here goes again. I have a master spreadsheet containing lots of worksheets. Each worksheet holds performance data for specfic fund and each worksheet is named with the funds shortname. I have a number of fund spreadsheets in residing in one directory each with the long name for that fund and containing static fund data. Within each fund spreadsheet there is a worksheet named after the fund shortname (as in the master spreadsheet). For each worksheet in the master spreadsheet I need to find the matching wo...

Sum time in Outlook Calendar
Is it possible to sum duration time for a list view in the Outlook Calendar? I would like to list all appointments for one or more categories and sum the total duration. One solution is to export to Excel, but I was hoping go get the summed duration directly in Outlook. Is it easy to create a macro that sums up the duration for a specified category and maybe a start and end date. I have good knowledge in VBA and C#. Regards // Johan I see you have had no replies on this forum but have the exact same problem that I have at the moment. Could you tell me, did you ever find a solution to t...

ostream question, help please!!!
Hi, Can anyone tell how to reset an ostream object? I used .flush() but it doesn't work. e.g. std::ostream outputstream; outputstream<<"s1"; outputstream<<"s2"; what i want is "s2" but not "s1s2", how to solve it ? Any help will be appreciated! Green by the way, can't create a new ostream object due to the special requirement, and ostream is the type i have to use. thanks in advance! flamesky wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone tell how to reset an ostream object? I used .flush() but it > doesn't work. > > e.g...

test for #NA , help please
Hello I have a column of numbers (eg in column A), some of which are set to #NA by entering NA() as part of an IF function.. I need to do this to avoid the cell being plotted on chart . No problem. In another column I need to test the cell. If it has a number in it I want to return the number 100, if it is #NA I need to set it to 25. How do I test a cell for the value #NA ?? I have tried =IF(A1=NA(), 25,100), but just get #NA again. Help please ? K On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:19:35 +0100, dido22 wrote: > > I have a column of numbers (eg in column A), some of which are set to #...

Help Queue building up!
We are runnins Exchange 2003 w/SP1. Since this morning I have noticed that mail is getting caught up in the outbound queue. I tried restarting the SMTP protocol and also restarted the entire server but they are still builing up. I know that they are not spam. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance Greg nevermind, it was a firewall problem fixed now "Greg" wrote: > We are runnins Exchange 2003 w/SP1. > Since this morning I have noticed that mail is getting caught up in the > outbound queue. I tried restarting the SMTP protocol and also restarted the ...

Remote Desktop
Hi, I'm trying to enable Remote Desktop in Vista. When I go to Remote Settings the window only seems to have the top half filled in. Meaning that I see only 1 checkbox "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer". There is no radio buttons on the bottom half as there is in all the examples on the web. My windows firewall is off. I am running McAfee. Help please?? You cannot use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to remote (host) computers running the following editions of Windows Vista: Windows Vista Starter Windows Vista Home Basic Wi...

Maximum Number of Contacts
What is the maximum number of contacts that can be entered in a single contacts folder? Cindy Keathley <ckeathley@umpublishing.org> wrote: > What is the maximum number of contacts that can be entered > in a single contacts folder? That answer was posted here quite rcently. 16,000. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. With large tables (Outlook 98 or later) there can be 6553...

Synchronizing Outlook Calendar with Microsoft Project
Hi, is there somehow a way to synchronize the Outlook Calendar with MS Project? I mean I'd like to see my teams Project tasks in my Outlook Calendar. Regards, Arian -- Arian Brighton you'll need a 3rd party utility. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/project_management.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...

Contacts not available as address book
I've just transferred my data files from a W98 PC to a new stand-alone WXP PC (by temporarily installing the old hard drive in the new PC and copying all the data files over to a separate folder in the new hard drive). I then copied outlook.pst (all 212MB) to C:\Documents and Settings\Maurice\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (where it has transmogrified itself down to 135MB). The old version of Outlook was 2000, the new version is 2002. Almost everything I have tried so far works fine, except for the following problem. When I try to use the address book, I g...

Please help with Eventlog entries
All, A standalone Exchange 2003 SP2 server acted up the other day and needed to be restated. After the first reboot it only stayed stable for about 10 minutes. After the second, it's been running but generating the errors listed below. I ran the "Performance Troubleshooting Analyzer" and "Troubleshooting Assistant" tools from Microsoft's websites but didn't get anything that was too useful. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 3/28/2007 Time: 8:44:43 AM User: N/A Comput...

Microsoft way, waaay too helpful
Gentlepeople: With regard to the following code: private void frmSendOrder_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!acceptWindowManagerPosition) { this.Left = this.initialRight - this.Width; this.Top = this.initialTop; Rectangle r = Screen.FromControl(this).WorkingArea; if (this.Left < r.Left) { this.Left = r.Left; } if (this.Top < r.Top) { this.Top = r.Top; // Point 1. } } ...

HELP
when i start Outlook , i have the toolbar, ok! But how know which account/user i am? but when i go with CRM, i know that because i must type my log in! And could you tell if there is a french version of 'implementation guide' and all documentation about MS-CRM 1.2 (only in french)? thanks to reply when you are in outlook you are the user logged in on the machine. You need to add the crm URL to the local sites on IE. for instance: http://crm Then you don't need to login when accessing the system from the browser /Jakob "help" wrote: > when i start Outlook , i...

Calendar Questions
I'm using pub 07, when I use the calendar templates the date on them is 2008. Is there a way to change it so it's 2009, without having to set the dates to this each time (either for the yearly or monthly calendars)? I almost always use the portrait setting, but the templates come up in landscape, and I have to change this each time, can I set portrait as default? What would be the best way to make a one page calendar (portrait) using a business card that is already set up as a Pub file? The calendar on the bottom and the business card (enlarged) on top. I can find the templa...

Re: Help with Data Validation Lists
Hi I want to data validate two lists where the value choices are the same Each list takes its data validation choices from a defined range However, when a user selects a value from the first list, th corresponding value on the 2nd list will not have the value the use just selected. Thus, when user selects A on List A, the dropdown box for List shoul only contain the choices which he did not select. List A List B ----------- A B B C C D D Can anyone help? Thank -- KellTaine ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellTainer's Profile: ...

One addresses shared to many people
I need to setup a single email address like "marketing@abc.com" to be sent to many different people. I have originally setup a public folder and had the emails go into this which they could goto and view. THis was not what they wanted. They want the email to appear in their window. Meaning they did not want to brows to a different location. They wanted the window to pop up when new mailed arrived. If there a way I can route this "marketing@abc.com" account to multiple peoples inboxes or at least have multiple inboxes opened? Is there a better way to set thi...

Aarrgghh!!! Can send external mail but not receive it
My customer has one Exchange Server with 2 domains - I'll call them 'companyA.co.uk' and 'companyB.net'. The users for CompanyA are the same people as the users for CompanyB. There is a requirement for these users to send and receive email (they use Outlook) from both their 'companyA.co.uk' and their 'companyB.net' addresses. I acheived this by configuring 2 user accounts per user in Active Directory and then giving one user full control of the other, and by giving one user permissions to view/send as etc on behalf of the other. This worked fine for over...

HELP...!
I have a workbook that contains stats for my team, each team member as ther own work sheet, I name each sheet with there name, What i want to happen is when i label the Worksheet Tab with the name of the employee name its Populates in any cell i chose in the work sheet, Thanks Rusty Rustynailed, put this in the cell you want the worksheet tab name in, file must have been saved =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can...