Help with public folders

Im running windows 2003 with exchange 2003 and when i try
to view the properties of a public folder i created i
get "The operation failed because of an HTTP error 501
(not implemented). ID no c1030af6. If i try to view system
folders under the folder root i get a similar error: The
operation failed because of an http error 501 (not
implemented) verify that the exadmin virtual root exitsts
on the destination server. Id no c1030af7.

I am recieveing an error from the client application,
outlook 2003, specified object cannot be found while
syncing up the public folders

Any help would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

This is one you will want to contact product support services for assistance
with.  There may be a resolution, but it involves some steps with IIS that,
if done incorrectly, could force you to rebuild all of Exchange.

amyma@online.microsoft.com
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im running windows 2003 with exchange 2003 and when i try
> to view the properties of a public folder i created i
> get "The operation failed because of an HTTP error 501
> (not implemented). ID no c1030af6. If i try to view system
> folders under the folder root i get a similar error: The
> operation failed because of an http error 501 (not
> implemented) verify that the exadmin virtual root exitsts
> on the destination server. Id no c1030af7.
>
> I am recieveing an error from the client application,
> outlook 2003, specified object cannot be found while
> syncing up the public folders
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
amyma (68)

Public Calendar view options
I have a few calendars being shared that were created in the public folder group. Users want to view taskbar within calendar whch is grayed out and oes not seem to be a view option as is in any private calendar. Can this be done. Exchange 2000, clients are Outlook 2003 cachede exchange mode. Upgrade to Exchange 2003 in the works but not current in our user base. -- Jim Krawisz ...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

Routing Engine not starting, please help ASAP
Exchange and Windows 2003 I cannot get the Exchange Routing engine to start up. Upon startup I get an event ID 7023 telling me that the path is not found. Everything else works and starts up just fine, people can open mailboxes, but cannot send/receive emails. I read online that it sounds like the metabase.bin file is corrupted. I uninstalled/reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Exchange 2003, and have reinstalled Exchange 2003 SP1, everything works except that I still cannot get the routing engine to kick back on. Any suggestions! Thanks! Was this an OEM preinstall? I recently bought a ser...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

Help with macro to choose printer
Hi, I am new to macros in Excel and this is what I did to print a worksheet: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Range("A1:W35").Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$W$35" Selection.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Works great except that I want to select the printer to use and the macro won't stop at the point to choose printer. Any way to work around this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Emilio Emilio,this wil...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

Help with Lookup #2
I have an excel worksheet that has approximately 20,000+ records. I would like to classify these recorded based on two columns. The first column's name is "YB Description" and the other is "Sold Date". The YB column mainly contains 4 digit numerical values, with approximately 300-400 records that are text, ie. "classified", "not verified", "public use". The Sold Date column is pretty self-explanatory, all the records are dates with the following formatting - M/D/Y. What I would like to do is create a third column called YB/Sold that classi...

Help with ACT! to CRM migration
Hi to anyone that can help. I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM to see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on install and all windows appear ok). Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if someone could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross. I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each record. I the...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

Need help backing up OL2002 items (or folders)
HELP says: "If you want to create a folder to which you can drag items for safekeeping or to distribute to another computer. Create a new data file (.pst) and drag items to it. If you used the default name for the folder when you created the data file, the folder will be called Personal Folders . In the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the View menu, click Folder List.), drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL...

Track Activities in Public Folders
I want to put all of our customer contact information in a public folder. I also want activities of each user related to contacts. I know that tracking is configured in the properties of a folder. If the folder is in Public Folders\Favorites, can tracking be configured at the user level? If yes, what will happen when the user synchronizes with the server? If not, is there some other way to accomplish tracking activities related to contacts? ...

Public folders #62
We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Domain. I would like to create a public folder to be used for calendar (Appointment) entries. I can create public folders, but do not seem to be able to make them so they will accept appointment entries. Thanks in advance for your help with this! Bill Antolec billa@northway.org I do not believe you can "book" appointments or invite PFs to meetings...you can enter the appoinments manually, and grant permissions for people to "view" them... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Bill Antolec" <billa@acorncg.com> wrot...

Favorite Folders change
Using OL2003 with Exchange 5.5. Every time I start OL2003, the Folders I put into Favorite Folders change, or are removed. Sometimes others are added. Is anyone else seeing this? ...

password
Hi I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often Outlook won't remember the password. Thx I am having a similar problem. Using Outlook 2002 (XP). I have several POP3 accounts, and Outlook requires the passwords every time. I've tried everything, and it still forgets them. Thanks to anyone that can help. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often >Outlook won't remember the password. > >Thx >. > Earlier reply had the incorrect e-mail address. This address is correct. Jim V >-----Original Mess...

Help w/ Accounts
Hi, I have Outlook 2003, I used to have four email accounts in Outlook. One of those accounts was set up to check the email but leave the original in the server. It was working fine until all of a sudden it started downloading the same email twice and deleting it from the server. I deleted the account from Outlook, but it is still downloading the email from that account. I went to Email accounts and I don't see that particular email account listed there. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this "invisible" email account that does not show up in the email accounts an...

Public Folder replication #26
Any way to schedule the FIRST replication to only happen at night? When we first replicate a folder to a new server, it always starts the initial replication within a few minutes after you hit the OK button. Even if you've specifically set the Replication schedule to replicate only at night. Exchange 2003 SP1 Many thanks. You can configure the public folder replication schedule in the publc store's properties.. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Guppy" <guppy413@junk.hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Selectivly Exporting Public Folders
Hello, Is there any way to selectivly export public folders to PSTs. Like if I wanted to export public folders in chunks of any kind. I need to export them into PSts, but the entire database is close to 100gigs and I need to break them up into 20 gig chunks, there are also over 18,000 objects, so doing them by hand is out of the question. I saw that I could do a brick level backup and restore, but our software doesnt work in that manner so buying it is out of the question (in the meantime atleast). Is there anyway to just export them in chunks? We need to move them over to a new Fore...

Need help writing an expression to find a Quarterbacks Passer Rati
I'm trying (without success) to write a formula to use in a table to figure the NFL quarterbacks passer rating. Here are the components, and I believe my errors are the maximum and minimum and not knowing how to use them in the formula: C= Comp/Att*100-30/20 Y= YDS/Att-3*.25 T= TD/Att*20 I= 2.375-INT/Att*25 The four components are then added and divided by 6 and multiplied by 100, so the formula for passer rating is given as: (max(min(C,2.375),0)+max(min(Y,2.375),0)+max(min(T,2.375),0)+max(min(I,2.375),0)*100/6 I have played for 3 days with this monster formula and have not figured ...

Need help getting data from Word to Excel
I'm novice level with Word and Excel, so excuse what may be a basic question/problem that I've got. I asked an employee to enter lots of data into Excel. The data is company name, address, contact name, and phone number. I requested that each type of data be entered into different columns. Instead, the employee used MS Word 2003. To compound the issue, the employee did not use commas, tabs, or any other delimiter or formatting method that might allow me easily to get the data over into Excel (by *easily* I mean using a technique that I know ; ) The data in Word simply is s...

Shortcut key to collapse folders in folder pane
Is there a way with a single quick-key to minimize the folders in the folder pane? After a couple minutes of sorting messages, I have all kinds of folders and sub- folder trees open, and it gets confusing. I'd rather collapse them all with a single key and just expand out to the one I need. jim ...