Help with filtering

I am having trouble with Exchange sender filtering and Health Monitor
Alerts.

I configured my only Exchange server to block emails from *@mydomain.com to
prevent spammers from spoofing emails from within my domain.

Unfortunately this blocks the servers Health Monitoring Alerts because the
emails are from administrator@mydoamin.com.

Is there a was I can have my cake (blocked spoofed emails) and eat it (send
performance alerts) too?

-John

0
John

Add administrator@mydomain.com to the safe senders list.

--
Cheers,
Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging

"John" wrote:

> I am having trouble with Exchange sender filtering and Health Monitor
> Alerts.
>
> I configured my only Exchange server to block emails from *@mydomain.com to
> prevent spammers from spoofing emails from within my domain.
>
> Unfortunately this blocks the servers Health Monitoring Alerts because the
> emails are from administrator@mydoamin.com.
>
> Is there a was I can have my cake (blocked spoofed emails) and eat it (send
> performance alerts) too?
>
> -John

0
b.atre (49)
12/28/2006 5:13:00 AM
Where do I find the safe senders list?

Is there a way to block and emails claiming to be from my domain on the
external connection, but allow it on the internal? Do I need to create
another SMTP connector?

-John

"Bhalchandra" <b.atre@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Add administrator@mydomain.com to the safe senders list.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging
>

> "John" wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble with Exchange sender filtering and Health Monitor
>> Alerts.
>>
>> I configured my only Exchange server to block emails from *@mydomain.com
>> prevent spammers from spoofing emails from within my domain.
>>
>> Unfortunately this blocks the servers Health Monitoring Alerts because
>> the
>> emails are from administrator@mydoamin.com.
>>
>> Is there a was I can have my cake (blocked spoofed emails) and eat it
>> (send
>> performance alerts) too?
>>
>> -John

0
John
12/28/2006 6:07:44 PM
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:07:44 -0800, "John" <johnAtUnwantedmailDotCom>
wrote:

>Where do I find the safe senders list?
>
>Is there a way to block and emails claiming to be from my domain on the
>external connection, but allow it on the internal? Do I need to create
>another SMTP connector?

I would recommend that you use a SMTP gateway product capable of doing
this for you rather than at the Exch Server level.
Vamsoft from ORF running on IIS is a very cheap solution.

>-John
>
>"Bhalchandra" <b.atre@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Add administrator@mydomain.com to the safe senders list.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging
>>

>> "John" wrote:
>>
>>> I am having trouble with Exchange sender filtering and Health Monitor
>>> Alerts.
>>>
>>> I configured my only Exchange server to block emails from *@mydomain.com
>>> prevent spammers from spoofing emails from within my domain.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately this blocks the servers Health Monitoring Alerts because
>>> the
>>> emails are from administrator@mydoamin.com.
>>>
>>> Is there a was I can have my cake (blocked spoofed emails) and eat it
>>> (send
>>> performance alerts) too?
>>>
>>> -John

0
adavid (8731)

Report Filter In DoCmd.PrintOut ?
Hi, I am using the following code to print out to a PDF writer . . DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "Invoice", True DoCmd.PrintOut My problem is that the Invoice report is normally called with a filter to display a single invoice. When I attempt to print using the above code, it prints all right, but it prints out EVERY record when I only want a single record. How do I pass filter parameters to the report, so that it only prints the invoice which I am interested in and not ALL of the invoices? Also, my user would like it to print directly without first prev...

alternating cascading combo boxes for filter
I have four major fields that my db is filtered by regularly I have four combo boxes with grouped options. address lastname firstname company I need to filter each by each as they are used. i.e. address lastname firstname company 123 Any St Mike where lastname and company only contain instances of address and firstname i.e. address lastname firstname company Jones mike where address and company only contain instances of lastname and firstname one more instance for example address lastname firstname company ...

Help Needed
Hello I am using OL 02. I want to set up my OL in such a way that when i start my OL, it should prompt me to enter a password to open. I want to do this to keep my messages secure as there are multiple users at my PC Any ideas? Thanks in advance Rgds Rub Hi, Right Click on the Personal Folder and then click on Properties. Click on teh Advanced Button and then Click on the Change Password button. Dont enter anything in the old password and just enter the rest and then Click on OK. Close your Outlook and then restart it. It should prompt for the password for opening t...

Need help getting data from Word to Excel
I'm novice level with Word and Excel, so excuse what may be a basic question/problem that I've got. I asked an employee to enter lots of data into Excel. The data is company name, address, contact name, and phone number. I requested that each type of data be entered into different columns. Instead, the employee used MS Word 2003. To compound the issue, the employee did not use commas, tabs, or any other delimiter or formatting method that might allow me easily to get the data over into Excel (by *easily* I mean using a technique that I know ; ) The data in Word simply is s...

Need help converting from Paradox to Access
I have files that end in .db, .px. y0? and x0?. The client requires me to import them into access. I do not own any copy of Paradox. When I try to open the .db file in Access I get the following message on several of the files. External table is not in expected format. Any suggestions as to what I can do? As a general rule you can't open dbase, or text files, or any other kind of document in ms-access. However...you can certainly as a general rule import data. Not sure what version of ms-access you are talking about..but if you create a blank mdb..you can then go: file->get ...

Linking...HELP (accidentally posted on Excel Programming)
I'm trying to change the source on a link. Every time I do it, however my system locks up. I actually have 4 workbooks that are linked up to one workbook. I hav to do the same thing three times, but the workbooks have to hav different names to them: ie: folder x -> worbookA WorkbookB workbookC workbookD BIGWORKBOOK new to use the exact information as above, but I have to have it in difference folder with difference names... folder y -> worbook1 Workbook2 workbook3 workbook4 SecondBIGWORKBOOK I've used the Edit-> Links-> change source (but that's where my syste loc...

Help displaying captured image and storing image links
I'm using EzVidCap activex which saves a webcam stream as a still image (.dib) using this code: Private Sub Command1_Click() ezVidCap1.SaveDIB "C:\Pic.dib" Image1.Picture = "C:\Pic.dib" End Sub What I would like to do is change/separate this into two command buttons: 1) cmdDisplayImage: Displays/transfers a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control in an image or OLE box (not sure which one is best) - preferably without having to save it to a file first. 2) cmdSaveImage: Saves the displayed image in a filename like: GuestID_FirstName_LastName_DateofPhoto.dib (or j...

Recurring appointment help
Can anyone tell me how I can schedule an appointment which occurs on the first Saturday of every month? TIA Ray Martin Ray, switch to your Calendar, then File > New > Appointment. Fill in the details, then click the Recurrence button on the toolbar (or select Recurrence from the Actions menu). Set up the recurrence thus: Monthly; the 1st Saturday of every 1 month. Set up the range of recurrence (if desired), then OK. Then Save and Close. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Ray Martin" <raymartin01@btopenwor...

company.local address mess
I need to sovle an email address configuration mess that is causing numerous undelivered/bounced emails from our corporate system. I believe the issue stems from having given the server the domain abccompany.local instead of abccompany.com. We own and deliver all our real-world email to abccompany.com, but some emails and all appointment invitations seem to be from email address 'name@abccompany.local', which obviously fails to deliver when it hits the real world. My setup is: >Small Business Server 2000 - (15 users) > server was named ABCServer.ABCcompany.local ...

Need help with SELECT statement (return MAX date).
I need to return the MAX date either of these 3 columns below. Thank you so you in advance. Below is the rules and desire results. IF OBJECT_ID('T1', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE T1 GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[T1] ( [LoanNum] [varchar](10) NOT NULL, [OfferPrice] [money] NULL, [MgrApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [DirApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [ExecApprDate] [datetime] NULL, [ExitStrategyMainCategoryID] [int] NULL, [ExitStrategySubCategory1ID] [int] NULL ) GO INSERT INTO dbo.T1([LoanNum],[OfferPrice],[MgrApprDate],[DirApprDate],[ExecApprDate],[...

If Then Conditional Help
I am fairly new at working with code. I am trying to write a statement that will open one report if a feild is true, and another if it is False. This is what I have so far Dim stDocName As String Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "[Event Name]='" & Me![Event Name] & "'" If ([Cash Calculations].[NewEvent] = Yes) Then DoCmd.OpenReport NewEvntCashCalc, acViewPreview, , strCriteria Else DoCmd.OpenReport PrevEvntCashCalcu, acPreview, , stCriteria End If When I try to run this code I get the Error Message ...

Help with formula #10
Is there a way to count how many days a specific number has been entered. Example: Column A Column B Part Number Date 12345 3-Oct-4 12345 3-Oct-4 99999 3-Oct-4 12345 7-Oct-4 99999 8-Oct-4 For part number 12345 answer would be from todays date to 7-Oct-4 I think you could use: =COUNTIF(A:A,"12345") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to count how many days a specific number >has been entered. Example: >Column A Column B >Part Number Date >12345 3-Oct-4 >12345 3-Oc...

help
where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial I would call MS at 800-456-0025. -- Charles Allen, MVP "jamieg" wrote: > where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial ...

Need help troubleshooting an Entourage issue
Hi, I'm trying to help a non-technical friend of mine determine the root cause of an issue INVOLVING Entourage, but it's not the main application in the scenario. More than anything, I'm really just looking suggestions of things I haven't considered already. So, here goes: We're using 10.4.3 with Entourage 2004 11.2.1. The problem is with using Backup 3.0.1, the application included with .Mac to backup the Microsoft User Data folder from ~/Documents. I can backup the folder to CD/DVD without issue, but when I try to backup to my iDisk, Backup gives me a -54 error while tr...

Help
CRM1.2 running on SBS - has been fine but recently had to re-run Internet and email connection wizard and remote access wizrd in SBS. CRM is fine except now you can only log in if member of Administrators Group - noone else can log into CRM - though they can log on to other apps on this box fine. Certainly appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Roger Sorry everyone - please ignore. This problem was caused by having Sharepoint Services running at same time (phew!) Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u51Y2jssEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ...

Help with repair workshop, IF statement, returning FALSE
Hi I am trying to set up a basic stock control for a repair workshop. However, I cannot figure out what is wrong with this formula: =IF(H10>=10 <=25,"Stock OK",IF(H10<=10,"Re-order!!", IF(H10=0,"? or no stock",IF(H10>25,"Stock Excellent!")))) The H Column refers to a cell that subtracts 'stock in' (column f) from 'stock out'(column g). The column is called stock balance. I get the following errors; I keep getting a 'FALSE' on a number that is between 10 and 24. i want it to return 're-order'. And the IF H1...

Help needed with add-in code that tries to find the IDE 'Workspace' window.
I am trying to write a VC++ add-in that gathers all the function names that appear in the Workspace window (Class view tab). I have auto generated the add-in with help of the add-in wizard. I have posted my code here but this generates an assertion error in '...vc98\atl\include\atlbase.h' when run, not really surprising as I have stumbled my way through this code. I am finding it very difficult to find information on the subject - any replies containing book titles/code samples/add-in info, etc would be very useful. I have looked through the APPAUTO.H for the IGenericWindow interfa...

Outlook 2010 Junk filter issues
I use google to host POP3 type email for a few of my own Domains. They provide the gmail interface for web based email, but I import it all to my desktop to use Outlook as my prefered email client. The google spam filter cannot be turned off, but it does a good job. So, I want to have the Junk mail settings in Outlook totally off. I have set the options for no filtering, but still alot of my email ends up there? I have seen this mentioned on other Forums, but the only fix I found was a reg fix that was very confusing. Does anyone know of a downloadable reg file that can totally dis...

Help with a window that pops up
Every time my email account checks for email a window pops up called "Outlook Send/Receive Progress". It must be removed to see the screen that I'm working on. I've checked the box that says, don't show this message but it keeps coming up. How do I stop this window from poping up all the time. ...

Rules and spam filter
Hi all, this is my first post here. I've a problem with Outlook 2003. I've setted rules for moving incoming mails in 4 different folders selected by Account type (example: emails to Account A are moved in Folder ONE, emails to Account B are moved in Folder TWO...). Anti-spam filter is setted at high level. When I receive spam emails Outlook moves correctly email in the spam folder, but then it applies rules and moves spam email in the folder with other emails!! I want to move only emails in the folder "Incoming mail" (don't know if this is the correct name of Outlook Engl...

Need help to filter data from multipule sheets to specific sheet
i have a data in sheet1, sheet2 and sheet3. Data in all sheets have unique id(number). I have to filter data with unique id in sheet3 if the same unique id exists in sheet1 or sheet2 the data of column B or C incorporated in sheet3 in specified column of the unique id row. Sorry friends my english is not good. Hi, If I didn't misunderstand you you want to compare the ID in sheet3 with the ID in sheet 2 or 1 and if it exist to bring the data from column B , if so use =sumproduct(--(a1=sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000),sheet2!$B$1:$B$1000) if this is not what you are looking for please ...

Filtering incoming email questions
I'm about to set up an Exchange server for the first time on SBS 2003. The client wants to know if an email is sent to more than one person, can we have a rule/filter that delivers it only to the first addressee and no one else? Basically not allow mulitple addressees of any kind, either in the main "to:" field, the "cc:" field, blind copy, etc. It would be nice if this was configurable by the user but if it had to be policy for the whole Exchange server site, that would be OK, too. Apparently their customers are making a habit of sending things to mulitple em...

Filtering records by date
Yea I'm trying to filter a table that has specific due dates, but I want to run a query that will show the results 7 days before the due date and not show all the records just the records that have the due date 7 days prior to the due date. Also wondering if anyone knows how to make it where the query could send an email notifier to people when a record hits the 7 day prior to the due date mark? Thank you for all your guys time. A criteria under the DueDate like: >= Date( ) AND < Date( ) + 8 should display only the records where DueDate value is today or l...

Need help with a relaying problem
I am having a very obscure relaying problem and I am looking for help. I will do my best to layout the scenario. Their current setup is a Windows Server 2003 AD with Exchange Server 2003 there is only one administrative group and there are SMTP connectors for primary and secondary connections to the internet. On these connectors all mail is rejected to the internet unless you belong to a distribution list called "Internet Users". I have 3 SMTP domain names being utilized in the Exchange Server environment. All of these scenarios below are users that are part of the "Inte...

Need help with chart
I need help. How do I enter the title and x and y axis bars in the chart in Microsoft Excel? Where do I click to decide which range scale? >-----Original Message----- >I need help. How do I enter the title and x and y axis >bars in the chart in Microsoft Excel? >Where do I click to decide which range scale? >. > Hi Savong, Based on what you said, you should create a chart by going to the Insert --> Chart . This will bring you a lists for chart that you want to create. For example, if I want the line chart,choose the chart sub-type that you want.After that, y...