Help with Exchange

I am getting emails sent to my domain, it seem to be some one within the
domain however these people is not apart of my domain, how can I stop this,

eg: my.net

I will get itti@my.net names like this is no where on the domain
0
Jasperss (1)

Have you checked the Internet Headers on these mails to see where they are
coming from?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Jasperss" <Jasperss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting emails sent to my domain, it seem to be some one within the
> domain however these people is not apart of my domain, how can I stop
> this,
>
> eg: my.net
>
> I will get itti@my.net names like this is no where on the domain

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
4/14/2007 7:03:24 PM
Jasperss <Jasperss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am getting emails sent to my domain, it seem to be some one within the
>domain however these people is not apart of my domain, how can I stop this,
>
>eg: my.net
>
>I will get itti@my.net names like this is no where on the domain

It's called "spoofing" and it's quite common.

You can publish SPF-stype TXT records in your DNS (see
http://openspg.org for mor detail) and then add SenderID checking to
your organization and SMTP Vitrual Server (assuming you run Exchange
2003 SP2). If you run older software, try Open Relay Filter (ORF) from
Vamsoft (http://www.vamsoft.com/orf).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Help with formula #31
I'm sure there is a way to modify this formula but have no idea.I'd like for it to do this: =IF(A30="","",SUM(C3:C25)*ROUNDUP(Worksheet2!G3/G1,0)) which is fine. But if Worksheet2!G3 has more than whats in G1 then MINUS Sum(C3:C12) to the above formula. Example: Worksheet2!G3 has the total Qty. Sheet1 has a number in it (25) For every 25 this formula is dividing Worksheet2!G3 by 25. I want it to divide only once, then Do formula Minus Sum(C3:C12) as many times as G1 will go into it. Thanks in advance!!! ...

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...

Exchange 2003 Recovery
Helo NG, at this time we`ve Problems with our Exchange 2003 Server. It has been deleted a single Mailbox without a Bricklevel Backup. Now the last full Backup is from April 15th and the DB Logs are from 05.05 until today. Is it possible to recover the Database with this Logfiles into a different ADS/Exchange Organisation ? any suggestions...... thx So you have a deleted mailbox and you want to get it back, correct? Have you tried to use the Deleted Mailbox recovery: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF022.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msex...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Help please
Hi everybody, what can be the reason why for some crm users in our domain, the incoming replies originating from crm contacts are populated as an activity but for some others they are not (eventhough replies come to their outlook inbox folder). Am I missing something in terms of user rights for that users? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Have all the users had the CRMEMailEnable setting added to their profile in AD? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Isil" <Isil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86BDB4-F184-45D0-9A38-3C1D1470B88B@microsoft.com....

SBS 2003: adding Exchange services to Outlook 2003
On 3 out of 8 new computers added to the domain, I am unable to add the Exchange service to Outlook 2003 for the shared public folders and contacts. I receive the following message: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the MS Exch Srvr is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the action." All other services are availabe to these "problem" users: One of these users was an existing user that received a new workstation; the other 2 users are new as are their workstations. Any thoughts? Thanks. Michael In news:1D0046BA-38...

Hyperlink File Help
I am needing some major help. I have a file with hyperlinks in column F that link to a file on our server. I am needing to test to see if the file exists and if it does, copy the file to a folder in my documents called (CapturedFiles) and if it doesn't format the cell color to red. Can VBA do this and if so how? I am very basic when it comes to VBA and any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

Newsgroups in Outlook Express
Greetings! I am new to using Outlook Express in WinXP. In the newsgroups I can view image files that are not "yEnc" but cannot view the ones that are "yEnc". Could someone please tell me how to configure Outlook Express v6 to view such files? Thanks in advance, SC "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin I don't think OE supports yEnc - see insideoe.tomsterdam.com to verify. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Exchange 2003 mount public db
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server. On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore emails. I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and mount the official db. It's too dangerous! Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain, organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange. Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server (DBOLD). I receive an error like this: The information store could not be loaded bec...

constant restart of msexcimc service help..
I have been running across very slow opening of sub containers within my mailboxes. Sometimes to the point where the requesting information window pops up and sits for a long time and never connects... I found that re- applying sp4 sometimes works.. Yet I found that a quick restart of the \msexcimc.exe service is all that is need to make the connect fast and eliminate the non connect.. any ideas what is going on here? any ideas how to patch this?? I hate having to do this once a day.. =( Thanks... "ROb B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been...

Help I Am not Able To Delete My recieved E-mails.
I had recieved e-mails, after reading them, it said unable to delete. ...

Need help (Average excluding zero values)
This is what i have & it works but one problem there will be zero values & i need to exclude them if possible =AVERAGE(IF(AA5="L",E$5:E$65)) I have tried several different combinations I can,t get it that includes zero values in the average for me. are they blanks and not zeroes? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29096CBB-3E2A-4828-8A49-6CEB0142D5C4@microsoft.com... > This is what i have & it works but one problem there will be zero values & i > need to exclude them...

Outlook Fail to load. Please help!
Event Type: Information Event Source: Outlook Event Category: None Event ID: 27 Date: 9/13/2008 Time: 10:15:50 PM User: N/A Computer: IBM_M52 Description: The operation failed. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. I cannot access any "meat" of Outlook: no E-mail Accounts, Datafiles, Import/Export; nor can I send or receive. Have done Detect and Repair and complete reinstall to no avail. Did you make a new profile? http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/profile/profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tip...

CVS file won't open in Excel 97, Help Please!
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to open a CVS attachment. The attachment contains a spreadsheet with imported tab delimited files.The attachment automatically opens my Excel program. (I have tried to save the file and open but that doesn't work either). When the program tries to open I get the error message: SYLK: File format is not valid My excel program is Excel 97 Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was posted by Myrna Larson: =========== >From - Wed Apr 12 17:18:13 2000 From: Myrna Larson <myrnalarson@home.net> Subject: Re: file form...

Some help with conditional formatting
Hi, I have a worksheet which details stock and last weeks sales. e,g, column A is stock, column B is 7-day sales. This extends down the worksheet several hundred lines (1 line for each product I sell) I want to put in a conditional format which will turn Column A red if it is less than column B. I have no difficulty in doing this with one cell, however I can't seem to paste this into another cell or range of cells using copy/paste special or the format painter. When I do paste into another cell the condition is copied exactly. What I want to do is write a condition where the cell...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Exchange 2000 Sending out old Emails When ever Exchange Service is restarted
I have a single exchange server that is sending out old emails whenever the Exchange Service is restarted. It is alwasy the same emails and they go to post inside and outside recipients. As long as I don't restart the Exchange Service, everything is fine. This has been going on about a month, but I need to spend some time getting it resolved now. Any pointers? I haven't turned up much in searching for myself. Thanks Jason- If you look in the folders for your SMTP Service, particuarly drop, queue, and pickup, are there old messages in there? By default this folder is in C:\program fi...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...

Exchange 5.5 On W2K Services Won't Initialize
I have a Windows 2000 AD Server. Which has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. For some reason now the following services won't start. Exchange Event Service Internet Mail Service Message Transfer Agent System Attendant When I do try and start these services this error comes up: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application. Then when I do this one comes up. Error 1053, the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. In the event logs I get this as well Source:...

MS templates open without help pane
Hiya, Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templates. My question is how can I open these spreadsheets without the online help pane opening automatically? Thanks in advance -- Carys Hopefully I understand this right. You mean the window on the side (getting started or whatever)? If so you should be able to go to tools -> Options and in the view tab uncheck Startup Task Pane. If thats not what you mean let me know...I'm sort of new at this heh "Carys" wrote: > Hiya, > > Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templat...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

Help with Populating StringMap table
I have a user request that I'm sure is made with some frequency, so I'd like to see if anyone lse has solved a similar probelm, and/or if my solution might work. My users requested that we replace the State/Province text box with a State drop-down list. Since this textbox appears in several places, and since the tools for populating and maintaining picklist are poor (to be generous), I decided to look into automating the process. I created a stagin database for just such things, with a mirror stringmap table. Through a query, I can populate the CRM stringmap table quite easily, with ...

CRM and Outlook E-Mail exchange
Hello, we have some problems sending mail between members of our domain. When employee A (using Outlook) wants to send a mail to employee B (who is using CRM) the mail arrives at employee B's Outlook Inbox and never appears in the CRM. I figure that exchange does handle internal mail differently, is there any way to treat internal mail the same as external mail and deliver it both to CRM and Outlook-Inbox? Btw, we don't want to use SFO. Regards Tobias Internal Mail won't be handled by the exchange connector since it could only listen on the external smtp port..... Possible so...