Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem

Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server.  It has been over 5 years
since I last touched one of these.

Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out.  I checked the IMC
queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc.
Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box.  Ran the much
needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses.  Reran a
few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton
updates).  And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun.

Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the in, out, and the archive
directories) and turned back on the IMC (internet mail connector) service.
With the ethernet cable still disconnected, the queues started filling up
again.

Question: how to I get rid of this?  My only theory right now is that
Exchange has a huge back log of items waiting for converstion *someplace*
and is processing through them.  I noticed a bunch of log files, but they
are usually the rollback files and I don't want to touch them.  Or should I?

Any help with this ancient software will be greatly appreciated.

0
needhelp1 (11)

First of all, configure file-level A/V to skip \exchsrvr\???data folders on all
vlumes.
Then, do not touch logs in MDBDATA.

Outgoign messages are stored not only in  IN  and OUT folders, but in IMC's
mailbox and MTA queue too. So set IMC transfer mode (in Connections tab) to
"None (flush queues)", start it, wait for it to process all the junk, set it
back and restart.

Need Help wrote:

> Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server.  It has been over 5 years
> since I last touched one of these.
>
> Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out.  I checked the IMC
> queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc.
> Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box.  Ran the much
> needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses.  Reran a
> few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton
> updates).  And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun.
>
> Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the in, out, and the archive
> directories) and turned back on the IMC (internet mail connector) service.
> With the ethernet cable still disconnected, the queues started filling up
> again.
>
> Question: how to I get rid of this?  My only theory right now is that
> Exchange has a huge back log of items waiting for converstion *someplace*
> and is processing through them.  I noticed a bunch of log files, but they
> are usually the rollback files and I don't want to touch them.  Or should I?
>
> Any help with this ancient software will be greatly appreciated.

0
kpalagin8074 (137)

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Sorting Data #5

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Need help with Auto Filter

Addressing within Exchange 2003

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

SOAP Exception

DNS Error on Exchange

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Border problems

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Exchange 2007 across account search