Help with exchange 2000 standard

I am new to exchange still reading a text book but love exchange and ad
services….

My boss setup exchange 3 years before I started working here and all is
well…..

However I have encountered a problem with the pop3 segment of exchange…

A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their
carrier. I configure pop3  access from within their mobile devices and it
works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange (instead of like
behaving like outlook express would….).

The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are flagged as
read. I monitored a user’s mailbox in outlook and the mobile device. Email
sent to the user’s mailbox comes in fine and is left untouched/unread. The
moment the device does its send receive the emails in front of me that is
unread is suddenly changed/flagged as read…

Why…

My boss is baffled. We have the basic setup of exchange ---> just a simple
open book… setup

one exchange server still in the First Administrative Group..

One mailbox store and public folder…

We support pop3 and OWA is setup….

users have a 150 Mb quota ... we have exchange standard so 16 GB storage
limit is in effect...

Can anyone help…

all help is welcomed...

0
aramsajan (3)

In news:43409DC0-B507-489A-87BA-6C13328BA217@microsoft.com,
Tony.. <aramsajan@gmail.com> typed:
> I am new to exchange still reading a text book but love exchange and
> ad services..
>
> My boss setup exchange 3 years before I started working here and all
> is well...
>
> However I have encountered a problem with the pop3 segment of
> exchange.
>
> A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their
> carrier. I configure pop3  access from within their mobile devices
> and it works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange
> (instead of like behaving like outlook express would..).
>
> The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are
> flagged as read. I monitored a user's mailbox in outlook and the
> mobile device. Email sent to the user's mailbox comes in fine and is
> left untouched/unread. The moment the device does its send receive
> the emails in front of me that is unread is suddenly changed/flagged
> as read.
>

> Why.
>
> My boss is baffled. We have the basic setup of exchange ---> just a
> simple open book. setup
>
> one exchange server still in the First Administrative Group..
>
> One mailbox store and public folder.
>
> We support pop3 and OWA is setup..
>
> users have a 150 Mb quota ... we have exchange standard so 16 GB
> storage limit is in effect...
>
> Can anyone help.
>
> all help is welcomed...

This is pretty normal. When you check a mailbox using POP, it does mark
messages as read. Because they actually were...
Since you're on E2k, I'm not sure what other options you have - but with
E2003, you could use activesync - either directly, or via www.dataviz.com -
Roadsync works very well. Any chance you might be able to upgrade? E2003 is
so much nicer anyway....

0
lanwench (7567)
11/10/2005 12:21:30 AM
Tony.. <aramsajan@gmail.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their
>carrier. I configure pop3  access from within their mobile devices and it
>works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange (instead of like
>behaving like outlook express would�.).
>
>The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are flagged as
>read. I monitored a user�s mailbox in outlook and the mobile device. Email
>sent to the user�s mailbox comes in fine and is left untouched/unread. The
>moment the device does its send receive the emails in front of me that is
>unread is suddenly changed/flagged as read�
>

>Why�

Because the message was read by the Treo! Why would you want a "read"
message to remain in an "unread" state?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

They won’t accept this…

Here is the scope the clients use Verizon as their mobile device provider.

Now what the clients do is simple they logon to their provider’s website
using their cell # as their username and the setup password. There they
configure a pop3 account. This website is powered by another company called
Inteli Sync whom I called to troubleshoot this problem.

This is a problem because the clients may have their device with them at the
office and working on their work pc at the same time..

If the clients don’t pay attention to their emails while doing sales their
device may do it’s usual check every 15 minutes and it is then the unread
email that the user did not read yet is now tagged as read.

The user’s cry is that they won’t remember which emails they read and which
they did not within  a specific time period…

These people cry for anything but they pay my salary however..
Just trying to keep them happy….

Any other suggestions…

0
aramsajan (3)
11/10/2005 5:36:02 AM
Tony.. <aramsajan@gmail.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>The user�s cry is that they won�t remember which emails they read and which
>they did not within  a specific time period�
>
>These people cry for anything but they pay my salary however..
>Just trying to keep them happy�.
>
>Any other suggestions�

Sure. Stop using POP3 and start using ActiveSync.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Help Required

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

Need HELP! for Linking data

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel